Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chen-yigoong

Sooo maybe Niko could show himself at some point? :D

You know, the guy who's replacing Asura as the lead developer?...It would kinda be nice to know who he is at the end of the day, he never appeared so far :D

I am not sure if he does this gladly or not, he may not have strong bond to this project. We will see. I just hope Asura stays with us because even if it releases late it will still release.

Edited by dailybs

To be honest, at this point it wouldn't hurt if the emulator was released as FOSS. Actually Asura mentioned that he'd do that if he'd leave the emulator scene, which seems to be kinda happening?! :-/

On 9/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, loeth said:

To be honest, at this point it wouldn't hurt if the emulator was released as FOSS. Actually Asura mentioned that he'd do that if he'd leave the emulator scene, which seems to be kinda happening?! :-/

Asura is still here

15 hours ago, Scylla said:

Asura is still here

I know he is here. But as I stated; he seems to be kinda leaving, given the fact his posting frequency has been shrinking during the past year, his last post was 2 months ago, and given the project's change of brand...

One would expect some kind of statement, wouldn't they? Bit of a meet and greet. I'm sure that would be appreciated, I think it's kind of a big deal.

Complete silence following an announcement about new management and server absorption (and apparently a forum dissolution) is, at the very least, a little impolite. A lot of people were and still are making life plans around this project.

I've checked the Elysium forums and it looks like everywhere's a ghost town at this point, in regards to CF stuff. Depressing. If an introduction from Niko does pop up anywhere, I wouldn't be the only one grateful if somebody relayed it here. Thank you.

Edited by Boulda

They're likely transitioning over to the Elysium forums entirely, I wouldn't expect any major posts or dev interaction here outside of Darkrasp's blog. I wouldn't expect to see any interaction from Asura again tbh, unless it's another major announcement that only he can make, and Nikko is an unknown quantity with no previous communication so it is impossible to judge where he will come in. Since he has made no attempt to create a dialogue since he came on to the project, it's reasonable to infer that he has no desire to change the way the devs here communicate to what is left of the fanbase here.

However, the fanbase left checking in here is now the minority. Elysium is now the CF fanbase, the Elysium boards are now the CF boards, and what is left here is just keeping the light on until the boards go dead, which will most likely happen sooner rather than later. There is no reason for them to keep this expense when it is now basically irrelevant.

TL:DR - Check Elysium forums, these are now deserted.

Oh thats cool Elicas, ty for letting us know so we can relocate!

Edited by dailybs

Not a fan of the Elysium forum. It's either black or white there - I'm actually talking about their theme choices, but I'll leave it open to interpretation. I like coming here more, it's just friendlier all around. Especially since I picked Kira as background.

Latest updates be damned, I'm going to stick around this forum for as long as they'll let me.

I hear everyone's point of view here.  It could just be that Nikko (Niko?) is just waiting to get a firm grasp of exactly where everything is at before he/she makes any sort of statement of any kind.  That is the responsible way to do things.  It could also be that Niko doesn't plan to have any sort of visible presence and that Darkrasp is the only communication we have now. I'm ok with that too.  If patches are getting churned out and progress is being made, I'm happy. 

The fact that they aren't announcing any sort of move to 2018 yet is pretty wild IMO.  Being that October is one week away, I very much expected that a 2018 release announcement to have come already which is a signal that, at least to me, we are very close to an open beta (November maybe? December at worst...).  I don't care how unorganized you are, you KNOW by this point if the game will launch this year or not.  Open beta is usually reserved for  4-6 weeks. There are 14 weeks left in the year this year.  So that means that there only 8-10 weeks left for work outside of open beta and a 2017 launch hasn't been ruled out yet.  Either they are being intentionally disrespectful, are ridiculously optimistic, have no clue whatsoever how long it will take them to do things, or the final option which is that they are so close to meeting their goals that they think they will launch this year. Call me crazy, but I'm still kind of optimistic.....

Maybe Niko is just an alias Asura created to get around legal stuff. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Quantus

4 hours ago, Quantus said:

Maybe Niko is just an alias Asura created to get around legal stuff. I could be wrong though.

Yeah I'm kind of wondering the same thing.  I can only hope this whole Elysium thing is a smokescreen to provide some legal cover while the Elysium people get no actual control.  Darkrasp at least seems like an intelligent and level-headed guy.  The fact that he got butthurt about CF fans being butthurt and not actually addressing people's concerns over Elysium is interesting.  Hopefully it's because the above is true and he knows it, but can't say.

Hi, good afternoon everyone.

I haven't been around much due to work, i have some time from now on to come back to my beloved Crestfall project =)
And i gotta say i don't really want to know if the name says Crestfall or Elysium, i just want the same devs working on the project and i want it to be released so i can finally play.
I don't care about anything else.
Hopefully we'll have Crestfall in 2018, if not, well.. there's always next year folks !

@Quantus@ScubaV

Hypothetically, if you're right about this, you posting about it damages the likelihood it'll work if shit hits the fan.  Nuke those messages, just in case?

Doesn't matter much anyway.  B or its lawyers are intelligent enough.  If they're checking the forums they'll have considered the possibility.  It's just a matter of connecting aliases to real identities in order to send C&D's or do another such stuff.

6 hours ago, ScubaV said:

Doesn't matter much anyway.  B or its lawyers are intelligent enough.  If they're checking the forums they'll have considered the possibility.  It's just a matter of connecting aliases to real identities in order to send C&D's or do another such stuff.

Not like Blizzard can do anything about it: the only ones they'll be interested in taking down are the people owning the project, and now it's Elysium. Darky and Asura had to deal with a lot of hate after the announcement, but honestly, it's good to know that we won't have to be worried about legal issues in the foreseeable future.

Sooooo...

SOOOooooo, honestly...

SoooOOOO, basically...to be honest

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

CF Community: Niko, cousin. Lets go bowling?

Niko: ...

OT: This situation utter bollocks. For some reason, this seemed inevitable when they started having talks with Elysium boys. But what can we do. Its odd for someone that we never seen be assigned project manager out of nowhere(Even if he is a close friend of Asura and such but we truly don't know if he is on par with the things going on). But oh well, not my project. I'm just a lurker bystander in all of this.