Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Algothore

Attention: Crestfall Your Next 2 Moves Will Make You or Break You

Hello, my name is Andrew. Despite this being my first post, I have been following this project for what feels like years. There are a few things I would like to get off my chest, and I would also like your opinions! Maybe shed some light on what seems to be slightly negative thoughts.

I love the effort that you guys are putting into the server/core, I think because of this epic effort on your part is a reason your community is still active and despite the nay sayers. We are always here to support you through these dark delayed times. Here is the problem tho! It is better to release a product that is stable with minor blemishes then to wait years to try and make the "Perfect Server"

I'm sure others if not most will agree with me to either have an open beta really soon or say fuck it, come to terms that u guys did your best and release it.. Worst case scenario your server will still be more stable and more blizz-like than elysium.. Either way you win. Seriously I'll donate $8,000 CDN right now/tmrw If you start to allow us to partake in the building process.

I'm sorry im not trying to be a dick i simply just want to play here and help build something great. I just got back from a 2 month vacation in Cuba.. I think what set off this post to and how im feeling is the elysium merge, im kicking my self in the bawls right now.. I could have solved your money issues and i wouldnt need anything in return. Just the ability to help build something great.

I guess the question is.. Can you dump Elysium after I pay for the next 2 years of ur server cost upfront? I can afford to give you $8-10k a month.. 15K if its really needed..

My RL friend is a GM @ elysium and 4 gms just got fired today (they didnt do there home work) they were chinese and granting other chinese players under level 10 the ability to pitch wow gold sales.

Lets make a stand.. If u dont launch by december.. its gunna take 1000's of hours to rebuild this community again..

No matter what I'm stickin by crestfalls side. The paranoid part of me is very worried about the future of this realm and community.

Is this the 2018 "my uncle works for nintendo"?

Anyway, the Elysium merge is legal shenanigans.  It wasn't for monetary reasons and all the gold in china (that phrase has a special meaning now) couldn't protect Asura from Activision-Blizzard, now that they've started sending thugs door-to-door in any country that will tolerate their shareholder's insane demands.

Their next 2 moves will have literally no impact on the project.

The Elysium merger is a done deal, they have access to more population there than 99% of all other projects, without having to compete for it.

The future of this realm/community is done and dusted, it's already moved on and the forum is barely treading water. After release the majority of our population would have come from Elysium anyway, so this has merely accelerated the process. This community here is essentially RIP and there is nothing to be done to "rebuild" the community here. These forums will be going away in the not too distant future and absorbed into Elysiums fully.

I'm going to be a little rude here and say you don't know what you're talking about. The server will release when it's ready, end of story.

First off, I doubt you'd give them "10-15k a month if needed" lol, and even in such a case, that's not what matters here: Acitivision-Blizzard became VERY active when it comes to shutting down big successful, or promising private servers. So the most important element (one that people still underestimate) is how to protect your project from them.

Of course, if Blizzard announced legacy servers, then the vast majority of people would go there, but what are the chances of this happening really.

nb: Like people said, this forum will be dead once the open beta's launched. We're a part of Elysium now, that's how it is.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:50 AM, Algothore said:

dump Elysium

Since they are a part of Elysium now they might actually just take your money LOL.

Save your money for when they launch. Everyone will appreciate your donations for server costs then.

Thanks for the replies. I've been rerollin servers like mad cause I know crestfall is where I to want to play and none of these of servers aren't living up to that blizz like quality that they pride on.. I uninstalled WoW until you guys pop open beta or accept me in closed beta haha.. either way I'm happy.. the waiting is killing me tho!

GG Crestfall Staff I know you will pull through! 

Edited by Algothore
im a dumbass

This community really is filled with dramaqueens, can people take it down a notch? It's just all drama and crying since the update.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, Svensson said:

He was right all along

is that towards me lol ?

19 hours ago, Algothore said:

is that towards me lol ?

Yeah, in light of recent events regarding Elysium

Since the merger with Elysium has been undone and the CF team will be looking for a way to fund new hosting for their beta realm and data repositories (perhaps not now, but certainly when the time comes to scale up their operations for public use), Algothore's offer might have regained some relevancy. Just to be clear: I'm not referring to his suggestion to rush open beta, since that's not to the benefit of the team's plans and enjoyment, the quality of their core and our in-game experience as prospective players. 

Of course we can't be sure at this point if Algothore is being truthful, but his motivation seems genuine. From my limited perspective, I don't see what CF has to lose in looking into the possibility, as long as it's clear to him that his donations don't grant him any say in how the project is run.

We need to take into account what Darkrasp said regarding financing:

On 19-10-2017 at 3:38 PM, Darkrasp said:

As far as financing goes, we can afford to cover all the costs of development prior to an official release announcement.  We have not accepted any money from anyone thus far, and we will not do so until we are required to scale up our operations for public use.  We intend that our financial situation and gamemaster logs will be very transparent.

However, Darkrasp also said:

Elysium covered the cost of hosting our beta realm and code repositories while we were partnered with them. Those are tangible benefits that, simply put, were worth pissing off some forum members for.

Considering this, @Asura, @Darkrasp and Niko might view @Algothore's potentially significant financial support a tangible benefit as well. 

If they intend to stick to their principle of not accepting any money until they are required to (perhaps for legal reasons or in case the project goes awry or dormant), they could still choose to accept the offer under reservation and put Algothore's donations "on hold" until that time, e.g. by transferring them to a savings account (while handling it in a very transparent way at all occasions). That way they are still free to decide down the road not to use the money and reimburse Algothore, but they won't risk losing the opportunity altogether. Win-win? 

For the record, I am only making this suggestion out of consideration for the project to not leave any potentially beneficial opportunities untapped. In case this donation proposal or similar ones (of this potential scale) have already been discussed and attended to, and the type of suggestion I make here has already been considered, please let me know so I won't pursue this matter further unnecessarily.

Some additional thoughts: understandably, the concept of a completely independent CF with Asura (or Darkrasp) as its owner is off the table due to legal vulnerability. Therefore, as Darkrasp said, the possibility is open for another merger/partnership, name change, etc. However, if all costs could be covered by donations such as these (especially with a large portion paid in advance), it might be worth exploring that further in an attempt to stay independent (although CF would rely on those donations). This would allow CF to continue to operate under its own name without the need for a merger. With a different individual as the owner, provided he's located in a country that's relatively "safe" from B, that could be a reality. I wonder if Niko ticks these boxes? I do realize independence comes with the price of some contingencies; CF would need to anticipate possible loss of funding and increased workload related to managing the project, the latter of which I suppose comes down to whether they want to take on additional staff members. 

Edited by Ingwaz

As a matter of principle, we will not accept any donations, from anyone, for any purpose, until the project is made available for the public to utilize.  Full stop.

The development team is more than capable of covering the costs of development, therefore there is no reason to accept money from outside of the team at this time.  Accepting it would unquestionably alter the expectations and opinions that both donators and observers have towards the project in a negative way.  We appreciate your enthusiasm towards the project, but if you plan on donating to help cover operational costs, we ask that you wait until the server is made public to do so.

19 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

As a matter of principle, we will not accept any donations, from anyone, for any purpose, until the project is made available for the public to utilize.  Full stop.

The development team is more than capable of covering the costs of development, therefore there is no reason to accept money from outside of the team at this time.  Accepting it would unquestionably alter the expectations and opinions that both donators and observers have towards the project in a negative way.  We appreciate your enthusiasm towards the project, but if you plan on donating to help cover operational costs, we ask that you wait until the server is made public to do so.

"My man"