Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sque

Elysium is dead, Long live Light's Hope

36 posts in this topic

My only gripe is that it took this long.  I dissolved my guild in goddamn spring.

This is the fundamental problem with every private server. You can't trust them 100%. Even if the project owner is legit the rest of the staff might not be.  I really wish for a clean Crestfall project but in the end we can never be sure.

The people who are overjoyed with the new pure Light's Hope project should realize how corrupt Whitekidney has been himself.

Here are screenshots of Whitekidney talking with Crogge and Shenna about the character duplication and money theft form the paypal account: imgur.com/a/hq9jT

Right now Whitekidney proclaims that he has done this to 'gather evidence' against Elysium. What is the problem here? It is that Whitekidney has known about all the corruption for weeks if not months but decided to keep it all a secret. The only reason he came out is because other staff members found out about it. I don't need to tell you that this is a big red flag. Why wait a month or more to expose Elysium under the excuse of 'gathering evidence' when you already have said evidence, it makes no sense and it's a red flag.

Adding that to the fact that Whitekidney has a corrupt past himself. He himself has been an exploit seller, a gold seller and has done other such things as you can see here: i.imgur.com/frSaPVV.jpg and we already form a picture of a person who we do not want as a staff member, much less so as the owner of the project.

During the shutdown of Elysium Whitekidney has wiped the servers clean in order to set them back as far as possible. Whitekidney banks on his luck hoping that Crogge's last backup of Elysium dates weeks/months earlier than the one that Whitekidney made right before the shutdown and server wipe. Whitekidney as a system administrator tried to screw Elysium over as hard as possible before he left the staff. He did towards the benefit of Light's Hope, his new project. What an immoral way to leave a project.

What I'm saying is that Whitekidney himself, who will have a high ranking position in Light's Hope, can't be trusted either. To just ship towards Light's Hope as if it is the right thing to do is naive at best, outright dumb is more likely. Some may counter argue that planning a coup in order to dethrone the corrupt leadership is the only way to go forward. That may be so, but don't pretend that Whitekidney is innocent. He himself and therefore Light's Hope is build upon lies, deceit and corruption. If Whitekidney and his new project Light's Hope truly is as good as they claim it is then there would be no need to destroy their former 'voluntary' workplace first. Speaking about Light's Hope, the name must be ironic considering how pretentious it would be otherwise.

Whitekidney has a lot to answer for but has said nothing about it. Yet we are supposed to trust his new project as if Light's Hope will be the end all be all. Make your own decision and do what you want, but don't be fooled. This guy is as corrupt as the rest of them.

For the record, I don't plan on playing on either of the servers. The title was just a clickbait.

3 hours ago, Victoria said:

The worst part in this is that Darkrasp skipped his blog :(

Well I guess he's just devastated with the news regarding Crogge. Still, I hope he'll continue his work since he's basically a lead dev of the Crestfall now - Asuras fixes weren't even mentioned in the blogs since the infamous announcement and this Niko guy apparently doesn't even exist. It would be a shame if such a huge amount of work was wasted now.

In the end, I was right about Elysium merge, but I'm not happy about it.

Edited by Macu

It's almost like long term members of the community can predict this stuff happening and should be listened to before making major policy changes without consultation...

22 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

It lasted, and it probably will still last though maybe in other form. 

Elysium realm is back on lightshope server. Got rid off whisper restriction and not even one gold selling /w or ad in chat, when earlier it was 99% of the time9_9

This is amazing, hah. I've only been paying attention to the private server scene since the Nost shutdown, and it's been quite the roller coaster, so to speak. 

I'll probably keep on playing on this "Light's Hope" thing, if just to finish leveling the first character I've leveled in vanilla content since Cataclysm launched. I've been keeping notes of my leveling experience, wandering around almost as if I were new to the game, just because it's been so different. I thought it'd be an interesting thing to present once I finished just because of how scattered it seems. It might be the norm, it might not, I don't know, lol. I just know that I'm currently leveling in 4 different zones at once as the quests go yellow.

Still hoping Crestfall somehow lives this, but......yeah. Time will tell, I suppose.

14 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

Elysium realm is back on lightshope server. Got rid off whisper restriction and not even one gold selling /w or ad in chat, when earlier it was 99% of the time9_9

Off-course there will be next to none, whitekidney wants no competition to his gold selling :)