Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Crestfall Status 10/16/2017

116 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Macu said:

So the beta realm is still online and working? That's good to hear.

Yes sir :)

WoW_2017-10-19_23-02-50.png

So finally all of us who did not trust elysium were right... again.

Edited by Toche

I logged out after i read that Crestfall will merge with Elysium. Could someone fill me in on the details on what this post means? What the hell happened?

Just now, JollySwagman said:

I logged out after i read that Crestfall will merge with Elysium. Could someone fill me in on the details on what this post means? What the hell happened?

TL;DR One of the Elysium staff ran a gold selling business, the other stole about 2k from a paypal account meant for the servers for personal reasons.

Well, that's an unfortunate turn of events. I had my personal doubts of Shenna, but I had never expected of Crogge acting so thoughtlessly.

Edited by wrtsdf

On 10/18/2017 at 7:27 PM, Grung said:

And exactly how do you figure that?

Corruption was openly revealed at Elysium.  Most of their staff broke away and opened Light's Hope, old Elysium's attempt to re-open will probably fail since their playerbase moved to LH, and Crestfall dodged a huge bullet by separating themselves from Elysium before going live with their own servers.

The biggest challenge that Crestfall faces is finding hosting and a trustworthy sysadmin in a country where Big B's legal paperwork can be used as toilet paper.

I see some hurdles, but I definitely don't see the sky falling around us.  Patience and perseverance are what's needed for now, not directionless panic and doomsday predictions.

Rome was also corrupt :P

...but when it fell, so did much of the 'civilized' world ("world" being much smaller due to lack of 7 billion people).

The problem is the corruption didnt stop with vitaly and shenna, and TBH the way crogge went about dealing with the situation was no better.  The issues within Elysium went FAR deeper than was published on reddit, and had been going on since the day they launched.  I wish I could tell everything I know, but that would possibly compromise the identity of one of  my personal friends who is on the inside of, now, both projects.  The corruption from GM's was far worse than people know, and thats before you start looking at the leadership.  I honestly hope players learn from this and stop following the crowd blindly.

Within any organisation there is potential for abuse of power, and when its proven the lead admin is involved people should run for the hills.  I would rather right off 18 days played than continue on either realm, the fact is Asura and the crestfall team are lucky they can walk away with their reputation in place this time, lets hope in the future they can find a trustworthy backer to keep Crestfall away from this kind of shady shit.

A certain game director is currently laughing his ass off going to bed. It's always the shady stuff that brings private servers down, and that really hurts their reputation as a whole. For me it's at that point that I might never fully commit ever again to something like that. The sad truth is, blizz is professional, they do not have to make those shady things because they are clear about beeing a company. They tell you upfront that you need to pay because they have to pay for staff/server etc. Idk much about Nost, but as it seems they got big because they were professional and cut out all that BS. Their drama-inducing t-shirt-meme end might be not have been their best display, but as it went you would at least not accuse them of selling characters to goldselling-companies. 

I really hope that CF is taking the route of beeing honest and professional. The last thing the private server scene needs is another hyped up server that is run by personal gain and shady deals. 

But we as a community have to stop to be naive as well. People need food, people need money to live. In the end what I really hope is a form of buisnessplan coming out of this, that cleary states how money is generated, and what the money is used for. And if we have to endure a shop that sells us mounts, idc really. I'd rather have everybody running around on their zulian tiger for $20, than put up with corruption.

2 hours ago, pldcanfly said:

Idk much about Nost, but as it seems they got big because they were professional and cut out all that BS. Their drama-inducing t-shirt-meme end might be not have been their best display, but as it went you would at least not accuse them of selling characters to goldselling-companies. 

Nost staff was corrupt too, only people who didn't play Nost somehow claim they were 'very professional and uncorrupt'.

1 hour ago, Ciar said:

Nost staff was corrupt too, only people who didn't play Nost somehow claim they were 'very professional and uncorrupt'.

Hey, look, another opinion that has no merit.

I played on Nostalrius and I, still to this day, had/have no idea that they were "corrupt".

You know why? Because I was busy playing the game.

7 hours ago, d3joos said:

Hey, look, another opinion that has no merit.

I played on Nostalrius and I, still to this day, had/have no idea that they were "corrupt".

You know why? Because I was busy playing the game.

I guess just like you played on Elysium and were too busy playing the game to figure out they were doing shady shit right from the start, yes?

4 hours ago, Ciar said:

I guess just like you played on Elysium and were too busy playing the game to figure out they were doing shady shit right from the start, yes?

How are you so good at making baseless assumptions? I have probably only played less than a day's worth of game time on Elysium since Nostalrius handed them the code and database.

I do know about the Elysium leaks because I've recently started to frequent the wowservers reddit when I've finished my work for the day and have nothing better to do.

In any case, that is besides the point. What you did was a ridiculous generalization. I also would like to see evidence of the corruption you claim to exist surrounding the Nostlarius staff.

47 minutes ago, d3joos said:

In any case, that is besides the point. What you did was a ridiculous generalization. I also would like to see evidence of the corruption you claim to exist surrounding the Nostlarius staff.

I'll spoon feed you this once;

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=34206&p=240084&hilit=alliance+premade#p240084 So these people get banned for wintrading, keep in mind it's a TEAM and the appeal is for all of the players.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=34340

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35035&start=40#p246156

But later on, only half of the same team are found guilty of win trading (and banned), how does that work since the same team plays in the same games, if they wintrade - all of them wintrade, not just half.

This caused a hassle on the forums at the time due to the way it was handled (poorly).

How does a team get only half of it's members banned when they all join the same BGs AFTER getting several appeals rejected? They got unbanned on their third or fourth one.

You're free to look into the matter more by searching through the Nost forums, I won't spoon feed any more.

Nost died a hero before it became a villain and people now make it out as this mystical server where everything was rainbows, butterflies and 110% blizzlike. Just ignore them.

22 hours ago, Ciar said:

I'll spoon feed you this once;

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=34206&p=240084&hilit=alliance+premade#p240084 So these people get banned for wintrading, keep in mind it's a TEAM and the appeal is for all of the players.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=34340

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35035&start=40#p246156

But later on, only half of the same team are found guilty of win trading (and banned), how does that work since the same team plays in the same games, if they wintrade - all of them wintrade, not just half.

This caused a hassle on the forums at the time due to the way it was handled (poorly).

How does a team get only half of it's members banned when they all join the same BGs AFTER getting several appeals rejected? They got unbanned on their third or fourth one.

You're free to look into the matter more by searching through the Nost forums, I won't spoon feed any more.

If that's the best you've got on Nostalrius, you're going to need a goddamn shovel.  Your spoon isn't going to satisfy anyone's appetite.

22 hours ago, cybaster said:

If that's the best you've got on Nostalrius, you're going to need a goddamn shovel.  Your spoon isn't going to satisfy anyone's appetite.

You're not going to find a DM of Viper or Daemon saying they sold gold or accounts on Nost if that's what you're asking (because they probably didn't, the same way Elysium did.)

Their unwillingness to properly deal with the RMT (chinese) industry on their servers obviously isn't 'proof' but it's curious as to what would motivate a server owner to let their project get destroyed by abusers.

10 hours ago, Ciar said:

You're not going to find a DM of Viper or Daemon saying they sold gold or accounts on Nost if that's what you're asking (because they probably didn't, the same way Elysium did.)

Their unwillingness to properly deal with the RMT (chinese) industry on their servers obviously isn't 'proof' but it's curious as to what would motivate a server owner to let their project get destroyed by abusers.

If you're one of a very small number of people, you perhaps have some DMs of Viper and Daemon saying some pretty.. interesting things.. however none of them have to do with corruption, gold selling, or just general dealing in bad faith with players while the servers were operational.  As far as I know, both of them kept their noses clean, and their real mistake was thinking they had any kind of leverage or bargaining power when it came to meeting with Activision/Blizzard.   Blizz basically pulled the old police con where they send out letters to people with outstanding warrants telling them they've won a free TV, and then just arrest them when they come to pick it up.  "Come meet us and talk to us, tell us about your project, then we can get your balls in a vise in person."

To the second point, it's unfair to assume unwillingness when there are plenty of other reasonable explanations.  Blizzard themselves have struggled to prevent Chinese goldfarming on their retail realms, so the presence of Chinese goldfarmers doesn't necessarily point to complicity in their actions by the staff.  It could well be that neither of them had any real idea how to deal with it, or that dealing with it was just a lower priority than improving preformance, or just managing the day-to-day on a heavily overpopulated server.  It might be somewhat suspicious, but suspicion isn't enough to convince, much less convict.  Personally, I doubt there was any collusion.