Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aoses

The truth about Crogge

58 minutes ago, aoses said:

Just in case you missed this.

RWvxCNx_d.jpg

I don't think this is him. Don't "sound" like Crogge tbh. When LH stole server they came over the passwords even Crogges. His reddit sccount were comprimissed etc.

I don't condone of Crogges actions. But i do not belive this is him writing would be so stupid. And pretty low of the person writing this in his name. 

Probably not him, but quite true in some aspects. People believing that someone will waste hours(spanning to years) of their lives just so some stupid schmuck will someday say "thanks brutha" is really stupid. And I would gladly donate so those people that waste that time and provide great service(I wanna emphasize that I don't mean elyshit in any way - just hypothetical super quality server - probably CF) for me to play and hopefully relive some of my memories when playing on retail vanilla-wotlk. And I don't mean only for expenses of the server. If for example server requires 500 eur monthly and they are getting 5000k monthly donations - instead of booking years and years of rent servers take the extra for yourselves. Buy some legal advice for example, make a team buildings or just order pizza, or pay someone health bill or help him with the rent when changing jobs, etc. Stop trying to be some saints or martyrs. Take something extra besides the thanks of the players - their donations is monetary form of their gratitude and its rightfully yours. This will make the more weak of the staff to not go the dark route and provide more incentive to work for our pleasure. Just make it smart, so "B" has no extra excuse for a shutdown.

Edit: In the case of elyshit - their doing I don't condone, simply because nothing was their work - they got all for granted, the playerbase, the server, and lastly with Crogge - the administraion. So they can go fuck themselves for what I care.

Edited by Joyman
addendum

33 minutes ago, Joyman said:

Probably not him, but quite true in some aspects. People believing that someone will waste hours(spanning to years) of their lives just so some stupid schmuck will someday say "thanks brutha" is really stupid. And I would gladly donate so those people that waste that time and provide great service(I wanna emphasize that I don't mean elyshit in any way - just hypothetical super quality server - probably CF) for me to play and hopefully relive some of my memories when playing on retail vanilla-wotlk. And I don't mean only for expenses of the server. If for example server requires 500 eur monthly and they are getting 5000k monthly donations - instead of booking years and years of rent servers take the extra for yourselves. Buy some legal advice for example, make a team buildings or just order pizza, or pay someone health bill or help him with the rent when changing jobs, etc. Stop trying to be some saints or martyrs. Take something extra besides the thanks of the players - their donations is monetary form of their gratitude and its rightfully yours. This will make the more weak of the staff to not go the dark route and provide more incentive to work for our pleasure. Just make it smart, so "B" has no extra excuse for a shutdown.

Edit: In the case of elyshit - their doing I don't condone, simply because nothing was their work - they got all for granted, the playerbase, the server, and lastly with Crogge - the administraion. So they can go fuck themselves for what I care.

I do agree on the paying front. i wouldent mind paying to play on private if i think the quality is good enough. My problem with Crogge are the way he made money by fucking up gaming experience. He made it pay to win tbh with his creating r14 caracters.

Always take everything with a bucket of salt - yuck - and never trust anything until trust is gained/earned. I don't buy it, this is not Crogge. Only a pretty poor attempt to frame him I would say.
I mean, it's not impossible for him to do such a thing but, knowing Crogge from how he posts, I would have expected a decent post admitting that he did it and not "Haha I made so much money and I deserve it idiots" etc.

I would not trust the LH guys either. Anyone can say that we are the new "hope" for the private servers and we will carry the torch jaddajadda hearditbefore :P . If Crogge really got hacked and compromised then we might hear from him, denouncing that post. I'll wait and see :).

Am I the only one that doesn't think Crogge is a huge villain here?  I get that what he did was morally wrong, but after all the work he put into these projects, it's not surprising that he wanted to find a way to monetize it so he could get something out of his time and expertise.  As a person who works in the IT industry, I can tell you all right now that the kind of work Crogge does is thankless and can be extremely stressful at times, so I think, if anything, he should still be thanked for his contributions, even if he had some 'side business' that he was using to make it all personally worth it for him.  It's not like he was truly hurting anyone.  I understand that the playerbase feels 'betrayed' by his actions, but he's a very talented individual who can't be expected to just do all this for free day in and day out.  

Shenna, on the other hand, can go fuck herself.  Stealing donations from people who thought they were contributing to the upkeep of the server but were instead making it so she could just sit on her ass along with her family as well.  That is a disgraceful act and the fact that some of them tried to defend her for it is ludicrous.  What the hell did Shenna even contribute to the project?  lol

10 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think Crogge is a huge villain here?  I get that what he did was morally wrong, but after all the work he put into these projects, it's not surprising that he wanted to find a way to monetize it so he could get something out of his time and expertise.  As a person who works in the IT industry, I can tell you all right now that the kind of work Crogge does is thankless and can be extremely stressful at times, so I think, if anything, he should still be thanked for his contributions, even if he had some 'side business' that he was using to make it all personally worth it for him.  It's not like he was truly hurting anyone.  I understand that the playerbase feels 'betrayed' by his actions, but he's a very talented individual who can't be expected to just do all this for free day in and day out.  

Shenna, on the other hand, can go fuck herself.  Stealing donations from people who thought they were contributing to the upkeep of the server but were instead making it so she could just sit on her ass along with her family as well.  That is a disgraceful act and the fact that some of them tried to defend her for it is ludicrous.  What the hell did Shenna even contribute to the project?  lol

Making money aint the issue. 

Disgusting things imo:

1. Creating gold (10k at a time) selling to gold sellers and then they give them the name of the people who bought it and the player got banned. Fucking disgusting. It is the goldsellers that he should chase, but they could keep on doing there job as long as he chase some guy buying gold.

2. Creating caracters with R14 gear and selling. That makes the server pay to win. He give some people caracters that peoplke strive to achiev on ther own. Disgusting imo. 

3. Luring his own staff when he makes the server a profit for him self but fucking over the rest of the staff.

Crogge made a fool of him self. He can change and i hope he learnd from this. And not just learn "dont trust people with my shaddy buissnes"..

10 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think Crogge is a huge villain here? 

No, not only u. I can understand his motives, though ofc I don't approve of them cause they are bad for the server at the end. Still I was happy I could enjoy 'playable' vanilla at all. Cause dreams (CF) not always come true.  

7 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

1. Creating gold (10k at a time) selling to gold sellers and then they give them the name of the people who bought it and the player got banned. Fucking disgusting. It is the goldsellers that he should chase, but they could keep on doing there job as long as he chase some guy buying gold.

Buyers are same bad or even worse cause they are the reason 'bad sellers' become what they are. And what is truly disgusting is playing with such people, I'm really happy they get banned xD

3 minutes ago, Blackrobe said:

Buyers are same bad or even worse cause they are the reason 'bad sellers' become what they are. And what is truly disgusting is playing with such people, I'm really happy they get banned xD

Yea i want goldbuyers ban. but you wont get rid of the sellrs if you feed them gold. That is just upkeeping the bad element. Not solwing the fucking problem. So no shitty tactic and just an excuse to make money of playerbase. And at same time fucking up the economy of the server.

2 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

And if he actualy want to get rid of the problem he should have created "fake caracters" and posing as a goldbuyer to ban the sellers accounts. If they/he did that on a regular basis they get hard time working and advertice there product. Much more effektive way. but hey, then he wont make his money. Thats what its really about.

This sort of thing is one of the reasons I'm such a fan of Kronos cash shop.

Have it out in the open and above board.

49 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Have it out in the open and above board.

I agree. And one thing i laugh alot about is the fact that Kronos get toon of shit for there cash shop because they are honest about it to the public. Were everything is player contributed for ex the caracter AH (no dev duplicates).

But all other servers do shady stuf and get away with it. For me Kronos just rise in respect in my eyes. No bullshit.

We all wish that everyone with a huge stake in any promising project would continue to do it for free and without corruption, but that's just not how the world works.  Typically, if a smart person finds a way to take advantage of something for self gain, then they are going to do it.  In my opinion, Crogge is no fool; just someone who found a way to make it all worth it for himself, regardless of the consequences for the rest of the player base.  It's definitely not a commendable act in any way, but not one that I'm particularly surprised about, either.  It's just the way things are, and will probably continue to be.  

I still think Shenna can DIAF, though.  Elysium complained that they weren't getting enough donations.  HAH!  Yeah, right.... when you have a monster's hand in the cookie jar, that's exactly what happens.  What a pure piece of shit.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

54 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

I agree.

I don't :P I prefer to fool myself than know directly of things I don't like and have to accept them. As to Kronos it died long ago and forever in my eyes.

51 minutes ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

I still think Shenna can DIAF, though.  Elysium complained that they weren't getting enough donations.  HAH!  Yeah, right.... when you have a monster's hand in the cookie jar, that's exactly what happens.  What a pure piece of shit.

AFAIK Shenna only took money once (~5000€) and it was due to a family member being seriously ill (correct me if I'm wrong though).
The team members knew about it, Shenna told them about it and she was supposedly really ashamed for doing it.

Someone posted a thread on the whole situation in wowservers and said that Whitekidney was infact aware of Shenna's IRL situation and the Elysium team had collectively refused to bring in any cash-shop type of stuff to pay for the project. Crogge claimed to have payed the money back through the gold business I believe?

>defending roaches like Shenna and Crogge

Just listen to the Discord sound bit where Crogge claims that "this will ruin both of us". 

Pathetic 

On 10/19/2017 at 5:00 PM, Karli said:

AFAIK Shenna only took money once (~5000€) and it was due to a family member being seriously ill (correct me if I'm wrong though).
The team members knew about it, Shenna told them about it and she was supposedly really ashamed for doing it.

Someone posted a thread on the whole situation in wowservers and said that Whitekidney was infact aware of Shenna's IRL situation and the Elysium team had collectively refused to bring in any cash-shop type of stuff to pay for the project. Crogge claimed to have payed the money back through the gold business I believe?

I read too many chat logs that suggested Shenna was taking x amount of money per month and paying for herself and her family to live.  Also bragging about 'not having to work anymore' or some such nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

bragging about 'not having to work anymore' or some such nonsense.  

Sims 4 is hard work ok