Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClawzTheMeow

Age of Empires Beta

Just got beta access for the remastered version of the first Age of Empires game, lucky as hell !
Anyone here likes the franchise?
I'm excited to try it out =)

Age of Empires 2 for life! God damn how I was surprised the day they announced remastered versions of old series (definitive editions) and AoE4. My friend spammed me in Discord that night lol.

Although I am kinda sad I dont have enough time to play at all, let alone Age of Empires. Still my favorite RTS among all.

What kind of bullshit is that, early access for a remaster of a game from 1997?

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

What kind of bullshit is that, early access for a remaster of a game from 1997?

Welcome to the future.

Can you pldase not use the word beta? I almost got an heartattack! xD

Edited by Jut

I heard the AoE1 remaster was going to be a Windows 10 Store exclusive, anyone heard if it's coming out on Steam or is that W10 still a thing?

57 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I heard the AoE1 remaster was going to be a Windows 10 Store exclusive, anyone heard if it's coming out on Steam or is that W10 still a thing?

AFAIK all AoE remasters + AoE4 gonna be Windows Store exclusives which sucks.

21 minutes ago, seefly said:

Ew

Yes big fan, and I also really really liked Age of Empires Online but they sadly shut it down -.-

Little envious here.

I'd heard that the remaster would be Win10 exclusive. I'm still debating internally if it's worth upgrading my trusty Win8.1 platform (never thought I'd say that, used to be a Win7 fanboy).

Let us know how it goes, eh?

4 hours ago, seefly said:

Oh, so there are no AoE remasters.

3 hours ago, Shoraine said:

Little envious here.

I'd heard that the remaster would be Win10 exclusive. I'm still debating internally if it's worth upgrading my trusty Win8.1 platform (never thought I'd say that, used to be a Win7 fanboy).

Let us know how it goes, eh?

I had a nice answer typed up but then I pressed one of the stupid side buttons on my mouse and it sent me a page back and this didn't get saved. Basically, win10's favourite activity is to ram your every orifice full of ads for inane idiocy like minecraft and candy crush shit (preinstalled). As for 8.1, if you install the classic shell start mod, it's user experience-wise the same as 7. 10 takes all the useful options from control panel and hides them in the options menu, while also making it as inconvenient as possible to use the start menu. Everything is alphabetically ordered, but unless you customize, the box is tiny and the individual items huge. AND THEY INSIST ON DISPLAYING EVERY NEW ALPHABET LETTER IN THE SORTING.
As a bonus, they removed control panel from the rightclick context menu on start button, so you have to search for it and pin it to start if you ever want to access it easily. Honestly, every time I use it at home, I question if it was worth it for the dx12, since there's only like 10 games that actually support that right now.

Edited by Xaverius

Just wanna say that with the help of two nice tools w10 is as user friendly as any other windows - these are "Destroy Windows Spying" and "Classic Shell", with them no more mr nice guy :) I mean with first one you kill all telemetry and you can remove all metro shit aps that come with windows and use some space on the disk. And the second most ppl that use windows 8+ know it - runs as win 7 style start menu with all its functionality.

About the game - w10 store means - TPB to the rescue. When it pops in GOG I will buy it.

On 2017-10-21 at 4:18 PM, Xaverius said:

Oh, so there are no AoE remasters.

I had a nice answer typed up but then I pressed one of the stupid side buttons on my mouse and it sent me a page back and this didn't get saved. Basically, win10's favourite activity is to ram your every orifice full of ads for inane idiocy like minecraft and candy crush shit (preinstalled). As for 8.1, if you install the classic shell start mod, it's user experience-wise the same as 7. 10 takes all the useful options from control panel and hides them in the options menu, while also making it as inconvenient as possible to use the start menu. Everything is alphabetically ordered, but unless you customize, the box is tiny and the individual items huge. AND THEY INSIST ON DISPLAYING EVERY NEW ALPHABET LETTER IN THE SORTING.
As a bonus, they removed control panel from the rightclick context menu on start button, so you have to search for it and pin it to start if you ever want to access it easily. Honestly, every time I use it at home, I question if it was worth it for the dx12, since there's only like 10 games that actually support that right now.

Personally like Window 10, especially over Windows 8, I don't get all these ads and preinstalled stuff though (got Windows 10 this summer). I had some program preinstalled but I just uninstalled it. Do you mean the free or paid version?

The control panel being gone is strange though and annoying that I can agree with but I tend to just press Windows button and search anyway so it doesn't bother me that much. I really like it for all the cloud and streaming being easier. I do have a Xbox one so I'm a bit biased since they are obviously made to work very well together.

If you don't wanna install 3rd party start menus on your windows(which I strongly advice to do, because Classic Shell is superb) you can always use "Win + X" shortcut. Windows new metro menu is moronic, its not even too useful when you have touch screen. But M$ is infamous for having imbeciles for designers and complete mouth breathers for managers. It really baffles me with their success on the OS scene. Did you read lately that Bill Gates said that Alt+Ctrl+Del was stupid and if he would have to do it now it would be one button... I am guessing he never created anything, just robbed others of their credit as he did with DOS.