Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moomin

While we wait

2 hours ago, Moomin said:

But need more pop. 

Ofc, it's a fun server. It will always be in "need" of more pop.

9 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Ofc, it's a fun server. It will always be in "need" of more pop.

Only done to get leveling done as fast as possible. I wouldn't call it a fun server.

I played on it during the first launch, they seemed more interested in introducing cash shop than doing any major work on the server. Their then main admin left, and the currect main admin is the guy who never even played WoW - or at least Vanilla WoW. They change xp, prof and drop rates based on community demands.

I mean, most pserver are ran by either people passionate about wow, or people who want to turn some profit. Their main admin cannot really be passionate about the game if he never played it, right. I just don't see the introduction of cash shop on a new server that can hardly pull 50 ppl online as a good sign.

I know, but they were still pretty fast to start that up. They didn't really try that hard to promote the server, but already started trying to make money. Not that I understand why anyone would spend real money on a server with 50 players and an uncertain future in the first place...

I've personally had an adequate dose of Vanilla and have lost interest in it ever since Nostalrius crumbled. What has revived my love for the game though was the custom classless realm.

It gave me a new and refreshing flavor to WoW while retaining my love for the atmosphere and environment of Azeroth, that of which I fell in love with ever since I was a child.

That said, I'll be returning to Vanilla when Crestfall launches, mainly because I want to experience the lore on a slow and immersive pace.

On 10/25/2017 at 0:42 PM, d3joos said:

I've personally had an adequate dose of Vanilla and have lost interest in it ever since Nostalrius crumbled. What has revived my love for the game though was the custom classless realm.

It gave me a new and refreshing flavor to WoW while retaining my love for the atmosphere and environment of Azeroth, that of which I fell in love with ever since I was a child.

That said, I'll be returning to Vanilla when Crestfall launches, mainly because I want to experience the lore on a slow and immersive pace.

i think it would've been more fun as a double classes realm in which all players get an extra talent point per level after 9 and every non-critter npc including raid bosses receives a random non-dispellable buff ala D2:LoD, except with more variety(but aura enchanted, cursed, being removed and extra fast also boosting attack/casting speed); maybe one category of those buffs could be giving an npc a class(who has every talent for ONE talent tree chosen at random at max rank, but has no talents that its too low level for as an exception), such as arms warrior or balance druid(only feral would polymorph unless sheeped or running at low hp or something) or survival hunter(and a pet, who also gets a random buff and is also extra buffed for bosses and elites and raid mobs) or some other class

also if an npc gets a class that has talents that require a melee weapon, they get a melee weapon if they're unarmed; because of this most of the melee damage dealt by EVERY non-critter NPC would be changed to come from attack power instead of base weapon/fist damage... don't ask me how a giant maggot is gonna shoot you with a bow

and, every spell from every enemy would have considerably less base damage and healing, but then they'd also be given spell damage+healing, as if from gear, to make up for it, so that stuff like baron geddon randomly being given the druid class(and associated spells) would actually be meaningful

so if something game-breakingly hard, such as patchwerk being given BERSERKER(like in D2:LoD) or ARMS WARRIOR (cleave+ww+MS and etc.) happens, then thats... salvageable because you're OP too; you could get warrior(or even shaman) druids to tank it, who can polymorph into dire bear form while in defensive stance and wearing bonus armor plate and a shield and having 440 defense, and even a shaman druid could probably get 75% DR and tank hatefuls... but patchwerk would still 2 shot them easily, but not oneshot em

warrior warlocks would have an easier time with berserker patchwerk with soul link+MD voidwalker; the voidwalker would take nearly 2k per hit though, but could be put on stay near the healers and constantly get healed

tanks could also be warrior priests who can use shadowform for the damage reduction, and they could get easy aoe threat by throwing renews around the party or raid

healers could be druid priests who go 39 resto/31 disc/32 holy, or warlock+healing class, who can use LIFE TAP

and you could dps with rogue paladins or rogue shamans(2h SoC SS or 2h WF SS) or warrior rogues(2h SS with double sword spec+flurry+S&D and MS+BT AND deep wounds)

you could also dps or pvp with a mage shaman, who because of the critmult elemental talent can get 200% critical damage PoM pyroblasts(with elemental mastery AND arcane power) that can ignite, or 250% critical damage frostbolts AND frost shocks while wearing mail with a shield, AND he can heal himself

if threat is an issue, you could tank with a warrior shaman who uses rockbiter weapon and earth shocks and has 5/5 flurry and extra avoidance(alliance gets blessing of salvation), and your dps could get threat reduction talents and/or skills from 2 different classes

you could pvp with warlock priests with shadowform, ruin, AND MD+soul link(voidwalker), or constantly stun people with SW:P+devouring plague+corruption+siphon life+curse of agony+mind flay with 5/5 blackout, or you could just pvp with a mage paladin, whos basically a deep frost+deep arcane mage in full plate with a shield that can heal himself and use HoJ+BoF and LoH and bubble and holy shock

you could even pvp as a hunter rogue, who can unstealth with a pet cat from 41 yards away, then spam 2h sinister strike when you finally get into melee range, or you could just start from melee range and use sinister strike twice, then when the stun wears off you can fd+freeze trap and run to 41 yards away and aimed+auto+multishot

you could pvp as a mage rogue who can 3v1 some guys by sapping 1 guy, cheap shotting another guy, then sheeping the third guy before cheap shot wears off

you could also pvp as a hunter warlock who gets 2 pet bars

also all enrage timers would be shorter, soul link's damage transferring would be calculated after all other types of damage reduction, and some bosses wouldn't get certain buffs(usually teleport if they're stationary), most notably ragnaros who also won't get any non-class buffs that make it hit harder or faster, and bonus damage modifiers like in D2:LoD would be toned down so berserker is only x2 damage and the other non-class damage boosting buffs are lowered by an almost equal ratio, and for all npcs fire/cold enchanted won't explode upon death while lightning enchanted loses the charged bolts

edit: and players would get the base hp of both chosen classes(not base stats or mana), to compensate for enemies and raid enemies sometimes hitting harder and pvp being much more difficult if you get caught off-guard

Edited by Aquane

This sounds quite fun in theory, but in practice it will be ridiculously buggy and unbalanced. With talents now game was meant to have single class spells and talents. One shotting people is fine when you are the one oneshotting, not the one who gets oneshotted.

I've given up hope for private servers other than Crestfall. For me it's CF or nothing.