Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Blog 10/30/2017

29 posts in this topic

Thanks for working on project. Still waitting from big B to say in blizcon 2017 3d november that our wait time is over, but im dreaming ...

I got only one question. What is the overall progress of the server ?

Edited by dailybs

nice post, thanks for all the work you put in writing these updates and keeping in touch with us

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Third thing I have a video for is a pretty simple thing.  The testers explained to me that a common exploit on other private servers is to have a friend kite an innkeeper and abuse that to set your hearthstone in convenient locations, such as just outside an instance portal or whatever.  This works because setting a hearthstone actually sets the location based on where your character is at the time, not where the inn is located.  I wrote a quick fix such that NPCs cannot be interacted with via the gossip menu while they are in combat.  This also applies to vendors, trainers, etc.

will an NPC be in combat if mind-controlled?

i think that setting the hearthstone should set the player's bind point to a predetermined location instead of preventing dialogue; what if you kite an NPC to a zeppelin or boat then mind control it?

15 minutes ago, Aquane said:

i think that setting the hearthstone should set the player's bind point to a predetermined location instead of preventing dialogue; what if you kite an NPC to a zeppelin or boat then mind control it?

if MC it would change to hostile anyway, unless the other faction can use it to set their HS?

anyways nice update, i feel like this right now:

:P

Edited by Chizzum

1 hour ago, Aquane said:

Yeah, with the disclaimer that I know nothing about coding/emulating wow I think the gossip menu fix could open up different opportunities for abuse.

I like the small videos you posted on certain topics adressed :)

Keep it up guys !

Thanks as always for the update, Dark. I'll be sad to see the forums go, but I get it.

I think you should only make the inn keeper dialogue appear while inside the inn, there is probably an aura or mask to check that. That way you can still fly or turn quests in when the npcs are being attacked. If you dont avoid these, ppl can troll others by just keeping the npcs in combat.

Wait! So if I die in the cave with trolls in Dun Morogh or near Gnomergan, I won't be transferred to Coleridge Valley anymore? Yay.

On 10/30/2017 at 0:07 PM, Darkrasp said:

Final bit of minutia, the forums here are likely to go down fairly soon.  It hasn't been a huge priority for us to secure new hosting for them but it's creeping up the list.  As I mentioned last time, we will make an effort to back up and restore the existing content but no promises.  I don't know exactly when it will be, but consider this a final heads up to back up any content you feel worth preserving.

Could we get a link posted on here to where the new forum is a few days or so before this forum goes down? That'd be appreciated.

Edited by Xsaeta

5 hours ago, Xsaeta said:

Could we get a link posted on here to where the new forum is a few days or so before this forum goes down? That'd be nice

new forum ?

13 hours ago, Zeed said:

I think you should only make the inn keeper dialogue appear while inside the inn, there is probably an aura or mask to check that. That way you can still fly or turn quests in when the npcs are being attacked. If you dont avoid these, ppl can troll others by just keeping the npcs in combat.

This seems like an important concern. Seems like the "fix" could open up other griefing potential — is it possible to tie each hearth to the innkeeper's spawn location, rather than the player's (or innkeeper's) physical position?

19 minutes ago, Chiasmus said:

This seems like an important concern. Seems like the "fix" could open up other griefing potential — is it possible to tie each hearth to the innkeeper's spawn location, rather than the player's (or innkeeper's) physical position?

or just don't fix it, like blizzard never did, and ban people for abusing it if caught? )))

Edited by Moment

6 hours ago, Brikot said:

new forum ?

Yeah, new forum.

From the when the Ely drama happened:

On 10/19/2017 at 8:38 AM, Darkrasp said:

Regarding the forums, it is an inevitability that they will be shut down and relocated, as they are currently still hosted by Crogge.  We are making an effort to archive the content which may or may not be possible to restore on a new host.  We'll do our best but no promises.

Key point in that is, "shut down and relocated".  It's even referred to in the OP.

I'm most interested in being able to find out the where the new forums will be located without having to accidentally stumble across the url on reddit or something.

Thx for another great update.
i'm concerned about "we" losing the forums, it would be great if we could preserve the amount of stuff it was talked and shared in this amazing community.
If not.. well i'll be happy if we have somewhere to stay informed and write some more updates =)

The forum location should be the same, we own the crestfall-gaming domain.  What we don't own is the server that it points to right now.  When we secure a new host, we have to set up the forums on that host, and then point the domain name to the new location.  That can take some time to do, and then to propagate the change through the internet takes a while as well.

As far as innkeepers go, tying in areatriggers is just too annoying to do, and it's also inn-specific so wouldn't work for vendors, trainers, armorers etc.  I'll stick with what I have now and if I remember, I'll make a small modification so that the same thing happens when a creature is mind controlled.  Problem solved.

47 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

I'll stick with what I have now and if I remember, I'll make a small modification so that the same thing happens when a creature is mind controlled.  Problem solved.

what if hes sapped or under another form of long cc?

Edited by Aquane

Another awesome update.

Thanks for sticking with it even through all the ridiculous drama.

15 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

The forum location should be the same, we own the crestfall-gaming domain.

Alright, great, thanks. I won't even have to bother changing the bookmark then.