Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Blog 10/30/2017

29 posts in this topic

All sounds great :) I'm curious (I don't know much about game development), do you guys write tests (i.e: unit tests and measure code coverage) for the code you're implementing, or do you just manually test the implementations in a game client yourselves and with beta testers?

On 31-10-2017 at 8:33 PM, ClawzTheMeow said:

I'm concerned about "we" losing the forums, it would be great if we could preserve the amount of stuff it was talked and shared in this amazing community.

Yes, well, for you and others that would prefer to err on the safe side of redundantly storing a copy of the forums rather than risk the chance of losing its content, allow me to step in and draw your attention to this topic where I shared a convenient little program that can do just that. 

@DarkraspAs always, thanks for the continued updates!  Whenever I die while playing Crestfall, I'll have a heightened appreciation for the complexities of graveyard selection and always remember that you put in days of work just on that.

It's great to hear that your team is working away on the tens of thousands of endless little tasks, like the quest & event scripting that players depend on but rarely think about (unless it's broken).

I try not to buy into the endless Ely/LH drama since none of it affected my time there (I never donated because of the questionable reports from behind the scenes) but I've found myself playing on LH less and less.  I think I'm trying to avoid burnout by taking a break while waiting for Crestfall's release.  So that would be, what....a 6-8 month break? B|;)

Looking forward to the next update!