Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mage21

LEGACY SERVERS CONFIRMED BY BLIZZFUCKINARD

50 posts in this topic

Yeah, nah. At this point, even if I don't have the hard evidence, I trust the CF team to make a more legitimate, pre-nerf, well researched vanilla WoW than Blizzard itself.

This is to say nothing of whatever monkey business the shareholders will pull, or any "quality of life" bullshit. I bet you all I own that enough crying will get people an inch - and then a mile, eventually. If CF turns out to be everything it's made itself out to be, and even includes those MC and BWL buffs (have people forgotten about this, or the general difficulty increase? I thought this was an important selling point), I believe that the only thing going against CF would be the fact that it could be shut down one day. Maybe population.

So, more waiting. Mooooore waiting.

For the addons I'd imagine they will not work out of the box since they are made for specific client and currently it looks like Blizzard is going to use newer client but modify it back into vanilla. But most likely they will not use 1.11.2 client which will break addons.  I don't see any reason for Blizzard to forbid addons though since they were in the game from the beginning.

5 hours ago, Outstanding said:

I can see a wealth of CV's heading their way to California based on real experience on prepping Pservers and the database knowledge gained.

This is a best case scenario.  If the talent can go, it should.  They can make this happen the way the community wants it.

FINALLY, The old gods of blizzard noticed the light of great gold mines! and here they come!

and just because of that...im paying blizzard again a monthly subscription... :D

Edited by xexomaru

23 minutes ago, Chilaverde said:

looks like CF with all these "ready when its ready" gotta find a new hobby

Well, the CF devs always said that this was a hobby project that they're doing cuz they like coding or something, and that they'd be content to play with just a handful of friends and family so I'd imagine this doesn't affect them.

Personally, I'm super excited about the news and happy to leave all this private server nonsense behind me. In hindsight it was totally not worth it. :P

I'm gratefull for the service pservers provided, may still play them because I have grown up, don't invest much time in wow now to play legacy blizzard, maybe who knows, just my initial thoughts.

i guess Blizzard will see a significant bump in subscription numbers going forward after this announcement :P

You know what? No. Just no. Screw Blizzard. I've long since lost the last shreds of respect towards them, and this doesn't help much. After years of denying us the thing that we want and convincing us that we don't really want it, they are finally backpedalling. Some might say, better late then never, but no, it's too late. I'm not going in spitting distance to the official servers on principle.

So thanks a bloody lot for regurgitating a thirteen year old game for us and asking for... How much? Regular amount, I assume? Seems like a dead cow is still worth milking, after all.

48 minutes ago, KlargDeThaym said:

You know what? No. Just no. Screw Blizzard. I've long since lost the last shreds of respect towards them, and this doesn't help much. After years of denying us the thing that we want and convincing us that we don't really want it, they are finally backpedalling. Some might say, better late then never, but no, it's too late. I'm not going in spitting distance to the official servers on principle.

So thanks a bloody lot for regurgitating a thirteen year old game for us and asking for... How much? Regular amount, I assume? Seems like a dead cow is still worth milking, after all.

I understand your feelings but to me this really gave hope. Blizzard actually listened to us. They do care afterall! And yes, they want money out of it but so what? It is what businesses do. At least we don't need to worry about shady staff or corrupt gamemasters! All though I will prolly still hang out in CF if they release just because I support you guys!

2 hours ago, KlargDeThaym said:

Who cares man? Holding a grudge is a poison that YOU drink.

Try to look at it this way: there will be quality vanilla servers. Scripting, raids and mechanics are all working as intended. No corrupt GMs, actual support and no P2W. If anyone comes up with a server like that, I'd pay 15 a month to play on it. Be it blizzard or not.

5 hours ago, KlargDeThaym said:

Private server developers haven't exactly been spoiling us either, you know.
I strongly dislike blizzard as a company for reasons wow-related and beyond, but at least they're capable of completing a project every now and then. goliath fucking wins this round, men

I like the title.

Well, now we sit and wait to see what new inventive way did Actiblizzion prepare to fuck this up.

59 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

I like the title.

Well, now we sit and wait to see what new inventive way did Actiblizzion prepare to fuck this up.

Never understood the activision meme. Activision literally needs legacy community's approval for the server to benefit from that. 

18 hours ago, Boulda said:

Yeah, nah. At this point, even if I don't have the hard evidence, I trust the CF team to make a more legitimate, pre-nerf, well researched vanilla WoW than Blizzard itself.

This is to say nothing of whatever monkey business the shareholders will pull, or any "quality of life" bullshit. I bet you all I own that enough crying will get people an inch - and then a mile, eventually. If CF turns out to be everything it's made itself out to be, and even includes those MC and BWL buffs (have people forgotten about this, or the general difficulty increase? I thought this was an important selling point), I believe that the only thing going against CF would be the fact that it could be shut down one day. Maybe population.

So, more waiting. Mooooore waiting.

Except the fact that the server can shut down suddenly is quite huge deal for a lot of players. 

Shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Dammit. I’m going to try the acti-lizzard version. I can’t lie. I’ll try CF when(if) it ever releases. I feel dirty, but I must be honest. I just want to find a community. 

I know, it’ll never be 2007-08 ever again, but by God i want to try. And i’m willing to pay. 

At least my only option won’t be Ely anymore. There’s some silver lining...

12 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Dammit. I’m going to try the acti-lizzard version. I can’t lie. I’ll try CF when(if) it ever releases. I feel dirty, but I must be honest. I just want to find a community. 

I know, it’ll never be 2007-08 ever again, but by God i want to try. And i’m willing to pay. 

At least my only option won’t be Ely anymore. There’s some silver lining...

Whats up with the negativity? They've already said they want to reproduce the game the way it was.  They even have people who worked with original vanilla in their team to provide authentic engineering! Only questions remaining are which version of vanilla should they use and what payment model they're going to use.

2 hours ago, Victoria said:

Whats up with the negativity? They've already said they want to reproduce the game the way it was.  They even have people who worked with original vanilla in their team to provide authentic engineering! Only questions remaining are which version of vanilla should they use and what payment model they're going to use.

there needs to be more attention about: ORIGINAL WOW TEAM from the past.

i assume Brack didnt have the power anymore to highlight that more so that people get whats up. He probably couldnt handle it anymore either xD

Edited by Brikot

For all whom it may concern, Blizzard put a Classic Discussion section onto their official forum, and you don't actually need a subscription to live on your account to post to it. Just a heads up.

Edited by Xsaeta

7 hours ago, Xsaeta said:

For all whom it may concern, Blizzard put a Classic Discussion section onto their official forum, and you don't actually need a subscription to live on your account to post to it. Just a heads up.

And, if you haven’t checked it out yet, here’s what you’re in for:

Wowguy 1: “Oh! Vanilla? That’s cool. Can’t wait to try it out. I just hope they implement (blah blah, random QoL post TBC thing). That’d make the game better.”

Wowguy 2: “NO! You wrathbaby whining pleb! 100% exactly like 2004, or they won’t get any subs! All you idiots don’t get it! Go play retail.”

Wowgal 1: “You purists are such A-Holes! How does guild bank and mount tab hurt anything?”

Wowguy 3: “Can they just please balance classes?”

Wowguy 2: “Balanced classes changes the whole dynamic of vanilla, and then you have retail. Save the Virtue... or something like that.”

Wowgal 2: “But what is vanilla? Patch 1.1.1? Or 1.12... where and how do they start?”

Wowguy 4: “ I don’t know... just gief me my childhood back! I want to play now!”

... and on and on and on and on and on...

I have my things I’d love to see in vanilla. But if I get my two changes, why wouldn’t Jane get her two changes. And then Alex gets his two changes... then Ghost gets his two changes...

Tough decisions for the big B(atman). 

The Official Forum has always been a cesspool of rabid trolls. A lot of the people clamoring for changes are the people who were against classic realms in the first place. The people clamoring for changes are by and large getting shouted down anyway, which is good.

I doubt Blizz would make any huge changes, save maybe "Which patch do we start on?"(Hoping for 1.0 or so to progress through the patches! True vanilla experience! Wishful thinking unfortunate). The market this move is made for would just go back to the private servers if Blizz changes too much in the way that the game plays, and I suspect they know this. Being in the business of making money, they'd be incredibly stupid if they did change up anything. There are a couple things I wouldn't mind, but idgaf if they're included or not and am content to let things fall as they will. I'm generally on the side of the "Don't change anything" people, btw.

On 4. 11. 2017 at 8:42 AM, dailybs said:

don't invest much time money in wow now to play legacy blizzard

Fixed that for you :P.

1 hour ago, Ugondiss said:

Wowgal 1: “You purists are such A-Holes! How does guild bank

Yea, I mean, some things make it better...

1 hour ago, Ugondiss said:

and mount tab hurt anything?”

...wow, Wowgal 1 is such a bitch.

Edited by Xaverius

I doubt Blizzard would recreate bugs and retarded mechanics just to recreate 1.0 WoW... It will be different - for worse or better is yet to be seen.

I do like if they change nothing, still some things are save bet to change - for example guild banks. Really I don't know anything against that move. If they implement only things like that - that are not controversial it will be ok. Balancing classes is two-edged sword - you make them lose uniqueness. Why would anyone bring more mages if warlocks are better dps-ers - they get easier mana management and so on. Just make the game that it wouldn't require full ass mode - all mages and warlocks and few rogues and thats it. Better make it that class selection is not so important. But on the other hand original game was like that, so... :)

I do not share your fears are of having Blizzard ruining the Vanilla experience. My hopes are up and i cant wait for it! They will have to step it up to compete against competition out there and i know anything they mess up you guys will be there to tell them.

Hope to see you there!

Ill play a priest/warlock on PVE server.