Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Re: Retail Classic Realms

29 posts in this topic

Ya, thats great, because who knows perhaps Retail Vanilla wont last that long or them adding stuff into the game, i wanna see old AV with all the NPCs, if their vanilla realm runs on 1.12.1 with the latest AV patch, its gonna be more of a rush AV which i dont want but will see... and have fun data mining from them :)

I guess that means that classic WoW will launch before CF. I too have a limited trust for Activision-Blizzard these days so I'll keep checking for any news regarding Crestfall, despite trying retail WoW again after all these years. Good luck guys, I hope you'll launch some day and I still think many players will gladly try your pre-nerf content even it Blizz delivers pristine vanilla servers.

Just now, Pippelinreijja said:

I think the devs from nostalrius should be the ones to apply, crestfall didn't imo contribute to the cause at all.

yeah but the nost devs wasnt that special tbh.

2 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

(I'm not convinced that Activision will be able to keep their microtransaction fever out of the end result).

Highly unlikely as the target audience will be mostly formed by people that won't tolerate that.

3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I put nearly 300 days /played into retail vanilla.

Are you sure? Vanilla ran for more or less two years. Your played time would be almost one year, which makes it an average of 12 hours per day.

On the bright side, if Blizz delivers a true vanilla experience, it will be much easier for you guys to get correct hp, mp, attack power, crit and all other values. Should be handy if something goes wrong with the official classic realms.

Indeed, blizzard hosted vanilla before... then they fucked it up.

History will repeat itself, and privateservers will be in demand once again

25 minutes ago, mage21 said:

Indeed, blizzard hosted vanilla before... then they fucked it up.

History will repeat itself, and privateservers will be in demand once again

it's a reasonable possibility.

I just hope Blizzard finally pulls it off...
I'm so tired of crappy servers and the wait for Crestfall is simply killing me :/
I really want to play in Crestfall but if vanilla WoW launches and its good, it would be awesome to relive it again..
As it was before, not like most private servers that do custom stuff..

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

5 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I'm not convinced that Activision will be able to keep their microtransaction fever out of the end result)

It was very surprising for us," Brack laughs. "I didn’t remember that after casting an intellect buff I had to drink [a potion], and then I’d cast it again on another party member and then I had to drink again. I was surprised at how much I had forgotten. You know, that’s not going to be for everyone.

RED PILL ALLTHEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sallerius

4 hours ago, Murok said:

Are you sure? Vanilla ran for more or less two years. Your played time would be almost one year, which makes it an average of 12 hours per day.

Right.  I'm thinking of my TBC played time.  Vanilla would have been closer to 170.  And yeah, that was before I got married, so I was putting in unhealthy hours.

I would be content with you going to WOTLK then stopping.  I wasn't a fan of anything that came after that.  I wasn't as into the game anymore anyways. Too much change and QOL nonsense. I never even bought Legion, as I quit before it was ever released.  I am curious about what they are going to come up with, and how it's going to progress. If it sounds and looks promising, I will certainly give it a fair shake. If it turns out to be garbage, CF will be a lot further along by then. 

1 hour ago, Codemonster said:

I would be content with you going to WOTLK then stopping.  I wasn't a fan of anything that came after that.  I wasn't as into the game anymore anyways. Too much change and QOL nonsense. 

They started the easy mode already in the Wrath.

12 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

We're looking at limiting our PTE to Vanilla->TBC->Wrath, period.  None of us want to make a career of this, a few years will be more than enough for us.

I think that most old school players will agree that "classic" or "legacy" Warcraft ended with WOTLK. Too much changed for the worse in Cataclysm and it lost a lot of the magic that made WoW so addicting since 2004.  And don't even get me started about the Kung-Fu Panda idiocy that came after that.  A Vanilla-->TBC-->WOTLK progression sounds like the perfect plan.

If the Crestfall team decides to open source their Benediction core after the WOTLK expansion has run its course, the private server community will have a rock solid foundation that future servers can build upon for many years.

Edited by Grung

On 11/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, Darkrasp said:

We're also considering overhauling or ditching and rewriting some of the systems that we originally intended to leave intact.

so does that mean a likely even latter launch/beta? Seems like Blizzards's classic are going to still be quite a ways away so being able to play on CF before or even after if Blizz fucks up is something im still looking forward to. But of course it's still your hobby project, just curious if the time frames are different now.

Darkrasp, if you're becoming a solid developer, please look into switching careers and getting a full-time job being a programmer.  Don't work a job that kills your body when you obviously have the ability to be something way more rewarding.

3 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Darkrasp, if you're becoming a solid developer, please look into switching careers and getting a full-time job being a programmer.  Don't work a job that kills your body when you obviously have the ability to be something way more rewarding.

^ this

11 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Thing is though that doing mental work and physical work is best thing possible. If he starts doing only mental work, he then will need to find new hobby perhaps and find time for sport activities and so on, to change scenery and so on. Obviously it depends tremendously on what you do and like and so forth, but my ideal working week would be 2-3 days mental work and 2-3 days physical(5 total), but its improbable for the time being.

I do not have faith in Blizzard to get this right (deliver pure Vanilla). I still look forward to the release of Crestfall.

14 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

@Darkrasp, I second (third?) that idea.  I was a construction worker for 7 or 8 years, decided to go to school and am now 6 months away from being an MD.  I miss some of the parts of being a construction guy, but my body (already has some signs of the wear n tear life) says I made the right move. Also, I have to admit my new job is gonna be pretty sick!!  #thinkaboutit

@Darkrasp, i think you should not take a job at blizzard entertainment

they're an SJW company and theres 2 good non-PC reasons that overwatch is a bad game, that warlords of draenor sucks, and that legion sucks, and those aren't even all the reasons

marketing departments and revenue do not make a game good, neither does pandering to a demographic that DOESN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES EXCEPT TO VAINLY PLAY IT FOR 10 MINUTES OR PUT THEM ON THEIR SHELF AND NEVER TOUCH THEM SO THEY CAN POST A PICTURE OF IT WITH THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND MAKE SURE THEIR FRIENDS KNOW THEY'RE "HIP AND TRENDY"

sorry i got carried away there, but still; their CEO either lives under a rock or is paid(or forced) to aid in subverting western civilization as a whole, and other ones too, with SJWism, or maybe leftist unions just have a stranglehold over them idk

anyway just dont get a job there, they might get you arrested for pserver development anyway; "premeditated copyright violation" or something

edit: also, unless some drastic political shift in california(where blizzard HQ is) happens, don't move there; its only a misdemeanor to knowingly spread HIV to someone there(was recently a felony); I'm seriously not joking, look it up if you dont believe me

Edited by Aquane

Aquane, can I have some of whatever it is you're on?  Don't hold out on me, bro.  Your brain is a party right now, and I want to party, too.

@Aquane You just went full Mcintosh, bro.

Though I admit, there's been a suspicious amount of concern about diversity in Overbutt. Also for some reason any kind of banter is considered toxic and they take so much care about it that it apparently prevents them from developing the game.

DCtPXzO.png

The HIV part is entirely true, sadly.

Edited by Xaverius