Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Re: Retail Classic Realms

29 posts in this topic

If Activison puts instant lvl 60 in cash shop, then i will not playing blizzard server.

As much as I appreciate the votes of confidence, I lack the talent and ability to consider changing professions to something in IT.  I'm a junior-level programmer at best, and no major game studio is looking for someone with my level of expertise and experience.  Beyond that, this is a hobby that I do for fun.  Having a boss over my shoulder yelling about deadlines doesn't sound fun to me.  Plus, relocate to the city with the worst traffic on earth, and give up my free healthcare for a job which might not even pay as well as what I do now?  Plus convince my wife to move away from her family?  And that's even assuming I got a position, which is an impossibility to begin with.

I mean, I hate my job, but at least I'm good at it.  I'm getting better at programming, but I'm not at, or near, a level where anyone would be willing to pay me for it.

10 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I'm getting better at programming, but I'm not at, or near, a level where anyone would be willing to pay me for it.

If you believe the coders' panels they put up at Blizzcon they're basically hiring folks who love coding and Blizzard games, never mind their actual skill levels. Sure, you probably shouldn't suck terribly at it, but as long as you show passion and drive (and a capability for finishing your projects *cough*), you're on the list.

Not sure how much of that is just PR, ofc. But I do get not wanting to turn your hobby into a job. Most of the time you start having trouble keeping your love for it alive. You're also out of a perfectly fine hobby.

Have fun guys!

I know what you mean by becoming brain dead when doing labor work. I used to bend pipes and pull cables all week long as an electrician... my brain was not challenged and i was depressed. I have become an Instrument Technician and it is millions times more challenging intellectually (lot of troubleshooting involved). Not depressed anymore and i love to work.

Concerning WoW, i am super happy about Blizzard announcement and will be waiting for it impatiently! Hope i see you all there!

It's gonna be awesome guys!