Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veritch

Blizzard is watching and monitoring a survey

What's up guys and girls.  Wanted to repost a link to a NON-OFFICIAL survey  (created by a redditor) but that is none-the-less getting attention from blizzard.  I voted already and I strongly suggest anyone who has any sort of high hopes for retail realms to vote as well.  

Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Proof of Blizzard monitoring it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/7d1bea/the_ultimate_wow_classic_design_survey_help/dpuaid2/

I think it's suggesting developing custom new content that isn't TBC/wrath/cata/mop etc.

Edited by Kelila

I think they are not talking about custom expansions but calling "classic expansions" to the patches of content. At first I answered the survey thinking the same, then after reading comments I realized that those classic expansions are just the content patches of vanilla...

can anyone pleaassseee repost this on live forums?

this is so accurate! and needs attention

17 hours ago, Kelila said:

I think it's suggesting developing custom new content that isn't TBC/wrath/cata/mop etc.

5 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

I think they are not talking about custom expansions but calling "classic expansions" to the patches of content. At first I answered the survey thinking the same, then after reading comments I realized that those classic expansions are just the content patches of vanilla...

This highlights one of many problems with this poll. Ambiguous questions -> unreliable results, poor poll.

I'm sure the creator of this poll means well, but I hope Blizzard pays minimal attention to this kind of stuff. The first couple of interviews with Blizzard employees in the aftermath of the Classic announcement seemed to indicate an ambition to create an authentic vanilla experience "for better or worse". And that is surely the safest, least controversial way to do this.

Go authentic, or go home.

Edited by echis
a word

There was a thread on the EU Classic forums about the constant bickering in the community about possible changes, begging for some kind of word from Blizzard that might put some of the arguments to rest. And lo and behold, there was a blue response that was somewhat comforting:

I fully appreciate that there is a lot of passion surrounding a Classic server, which can cause some discussions to flare up and get heated while there is so much speculation going on.

As J. Allen Brack mentioned in the reveal at BlizzCon, we want to produce an authentic, Blizzard-quality, classic experience. We want to reproduce the game experience we all enjoyed from the original game.

We're still in the process of figuring out what, exactly, a classic experience entails. This involves discussions like "should Stratholme be 10-player or 5-player," "should all classic raids be available from launch," "should all the classic dungeons be open immediately," "should we start from the very first patch or patch 1.12," "should all the classic battlegrounds be available from launch" etc.

Classic is something we are undertaking for all of you, the community, and the above discussions are just some of the things we'll be looking to you for feedback on. We're not looking to re-invent the wheel, but to find the sweet spot that feels classic to you. After all, a lot was changed and added in the 2 (and a bit) years between WoW's launch and the release of The Burning Crusade expansion.

Rest assured that as the Classic development team is built up, and we move closer to honing in on where the answers to these questions may lay, we will share more specifics with you and look to you for continued feedback and thoughts.

In the meantime please continue to share your thoughts on the Classic WoW experience you'd like to see. However, please do be mindful of the Code of Conductand Forum Guidelines when engaging with others.

So, to me it sounds like they're looking for feedback on "the sweet spot", not whether people now think RDF and dual spec is a good idea, or rebalancing classes to make all specs as viable as one another. I think we can safely say those kinds of changes will never happen.

ETA: Personally I think it would make sense to release the game with Maraudon up, because it's an instance for leveling up (and for running through in your T2 grabbing that one weird nature res item for AQ), not for gearing up. Dire Maul - eh, it's a nice addition for the dungeon crawler crowd to get as an early patch and it would make sense not to put it in straight away. Also makes MC that little bit harder when you're missing some items from DM. 

Other than that, progressive content but fixed items and talents would be my preference. That also means fiddling with the content to make the early raids (and possibly the late dungeons too) non-trivial, and maybe fiddling with certain items so that the strength of some blues isn't ridiculous. I don't know if anyone could be bothered with trying to recreate the whole of Vanilla exactly, patch by patch, item stat by item stat, so something's gotta give.

They've already talked loosely about "finding a point" and "a sweet spot", and I would have thought that "point" would be numbers-wise, not content-wise. They'd be idiots to release the game on the exactly BWL patch and then never do anything else with the game (IE no ZG, no AQ, no Naxx). Similarly, they'd be idiots to release the game with everything open because it'd be old news in a few months' time. I think anything other than progressive content is out of the question, and I think the main question is how to tackle the talents and items vs the ability to down bosses.

Edited by Yavannie
Added a whole bunch of stuff.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:56 PM, Kelila said:

This could be very exciting...