Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hamilton

A price for vanilla at Blizz server?

I myself will not agree with price tag 15 eu per month, its overpriced for 12 years old game.

What s your opinion?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that a good game is a good game. Old or new.

Current WoW is overpriced at 15 a month. Seems okay for Vanilla.

Edit: Whatever monthly fee they give it would technically be too much as we won't be paying the people who made it. I'm willing to let that pass if it lets me play the game though.

Edited by VeloxBanks
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should make it a $10.00 sub that is separate from legion/BfA

that way classic players who dont want to support legion can play classic without supporting legion, and itll also improve the quality of the classic realms by preventing some legion players from playing classic without unsubbing from legion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll pay whatever price they ask for. 30e/month. The new expansion. A kidney. An occasional blood sacrifice. My soul. :P

My guess is that the subscription for Classic and retail will be combined. Maybe 40e for a box too, even though we already have it. Doesn't really matter. Most people will still buy it.

1 hour ago, Aquane said:

itll also improve the quality of the classic realms by preventing some legion players from playing classic without unsubbing from legion

How so? I assume that you think that retail players will somehow "pollute" the classic servers, but having a lot of clueless people who don't know where quests are or how stuff works would make the experience more "blizzlike" than a server that only has vanilla veterans and private server players in it imo. Back in vanilla everyone was a noob afterall. It would be pretty lame if the classic server population consisted of nothing but people from pservers and grumpy old-timers.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess there would be the people having a new experience, but many legion players, from what I've read, tend to act... anti-social, in-game edit: from an in-game standpoint, not a real-life standpoint

Edited by Aquane
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aquane said:

i guess there would be the people having a new experience, but many legion players, from what I've read, tend to act... anti-social, in-game

And vanilla players act...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anti-social? So retail players will... pollute the game... by, what? Not interacting with others? I fail to see how this will affect others in a negative way. Or any way, really.

If you're talking about people being uncooperative in dungeons etc, I expect natural selection to take its course. 

As for the OP's question, I'm rich and privileged. I'll accept paying a lot more than it's worth before I start having second thoughts. If it's a separate subscription, I think €5 would be a reasonable fee, and I think €9.99 is a likely fee. Either way, I'll pay.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Planks said:

And vanilla players act...

i actually recall them generally acting allright on nost pve unless they were gold farmers or something

but i also recall that the attitude of the playerbase became much less patient in wotlk(remember gearscore and asking for achievements?), and ive recently read on the official wow forums that people screamed at you for not knowing the mechanics to the brand new bosses in the brand new raid on the same day that it came out

im not quite sure if anti-social was the right word, though, though i'd meant that from an in-game standpoint, not a real-life one

Edited by Aquane
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.12.2017 at 4:58 PM, Lilaina said:

How so? I assume that you think that retail players will somehow "pollute" the classic servers, but having a lot of clueless people who don't know where quests are or how stuff works would make the experience more "blizzlike" than a server that only has vanilla veterans and private server players in it imo. Back in vanilla everyone was a noob afterall. It would be pretty lame if the classic server population consisted of nothing but people from pservers and grumpy old-timers.

On the other hand, an initial rush of 'Vanilla Tourists' could destroy the average population of servers if no systems to work around are in place.

Imagine thousands of people taking a look at Vanilla, that either means many servers or very big queues. Let's say we're going with a retail-like cap of 2,500 players and we have an initial player number of 100k so Blizzard rolls out with 40 servers, like retail release (hypothetical/random). If a big percentage of those then leave or just go on to barely play - servers would average out to population numbers that many people'd consider ded.

Or worst case: the initial interest would be bigger than Blizzard anticipates (not unlikely) and they then open additional servers a few days/weeks after release and then the big drop comes in. Not enough people for too many servers.

In my opinion the way Blizzard handles this exact problem will influence the overall success of WoW Classic a lot. Making people simply endure initial queues or merging servers after tourists leave could be possible solutions, both aren't really great ones though. Maybe they'll figure something out, maybe people will have to work around this by themselves by choosing specific servers that then guarantee long term pop. Very delicate matter.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maronics said:

On the other hand, an initial rush of 'Vanilla Tourists' could destroy the average population of servers if no systems to work around are in place.

Imagine thousands of people taking a look at Vanilla, that either means many servers or very big queues. Let's say we're going with a retail-like cap of 2,500 players and we have an initial player number of 100k so Blizzard rolls out with 40 servers, like retail release (hypothetical/random). If a big percentage of those then leave or just go on to barely play - servers would average out to population numbers that many people'd consider ded.

Or worst case: the initial interest would be bigger than Blizzard anticipates (not unlikely) and they then open additional servers a few days/weeks after release and then the big drop comes in. Not enough people for too many servers.

In my opinion the way Blizzard handles this exact problem will influence the overall success of WoW Classic a lot. Making people simply endure initial queues or merging servers after tourists leave could be possible solutions, both aren't really great ones though. Maybe they'll figure something out, maybe people will have to work around this by themselves by choosing specific servers that then guarantee long term pop. Very delicate matter.

Yeah, that's absolutely true and one of the many things that I'm worried about. :D

SWTOR had the same problem: Lots of people on launch but overall too many servers that eventually started dying. They solved it by merging servers but as we know, Blizzard doesn't do that, and it would be especially out of place in vanilla due to the importance of community. Lengthy initial queues + surveys/stress tests to gauge player interest are the only solutions I can think of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, maronics said:

Maybe they'll figure something out.

You think?

12 hours ago, Lilaina said:

 

SWTOR had the same problem.

Huge potential, but poor development with no endgame what-so-ever. Why would anyone stick around? Hope? Lol. Vanilla is vanilla. It's been done, and done a thousand times. The transparency is only limited by how blizzard chooses to alter it. For the most part, you know what you're getting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care if it's a full sub or 40€ purchase + sub.

I just want to play official vanilla no matter the cost.

Edited by Victoria
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5$ absolute maximum, with a 3/6/12 month discount.

  • The game already exists. It was made 14 years ago.
  • I would not be supporting the people who originally made it, only the people who've just now gone back on a decade of their stubborn lies about it being impossible.
  • 5$ is just about as much as I regularly pay for old early 2000s RPGs.
  • No way to be sure they won't screw with it.
  • 5$ a month is what I'd donate to CF.

We're not going to relive our past, or what we've been told that past was like. That's not what this hypothetical subscription will get us. Essentially, the subscription will be for a more stable private server, which could very well turn out to be a funserver. I can't, in good conscience, desire to play it for free, but at the same time I don't want to think thrice when I give them my credit card information again.

Any private server that asks you to pay upfront to log in is suspect at best.

...This post just reeks "I hate video games" but I don't feel this way for no reason.

Edited by Boulda
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is definitely free for the people who already purchased it. for the new(er) players I can't tell what they have in mind.

and it will definitely be a subscription based game. probably a bit cheaper than the "new version" of the game. I don't know the sub price of the game right now, but if it is like 15$, I would expect the vanilla price to be around 5-10$.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever they want...like, really...i would keep paying those $15.00 usd a month for an official vanilla server, heck, just because they announced this, im paying them again $15.00 just to support them, if even a little, then cancel subscription with a "just waiting for vanilla realm, thanks" every single month...thats how much i love the old game

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll resub when it comes out. My suspicion is that you'll have to have a subscription to retail WoW, likely have to buy the current/next Xpac, and then you'll get access to the Classic servers with the option of either playing the current game or the Classic servers. Last time I looked [2yearsago?] a retail sub was $14.99 USD.

I'll pay that if it gets me Vanilla servers at Blizzard. Actually, in researching what people are saying about Classic, I've seen quite a bit of information on the next Xpac, BfA, and it doesn't look bad. They're actually planning on fixing/addressing a lot of concerns players had about the leveling process in retail, and supposedly making the game playable again at lower levels so you don't out-level zones and fly through them one-hitting everything. They're nerfing heirloom gear, at least at lower levels, and are trying to make all of the zones playable in a progressive leveling experience.

The six new races sound interesting too, so I might give it a shot when it comes out. In the meantime, I'll keep playing on Light's Hope while I wait for this server to launch.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kuthela said:

I'll resub when it comes out. My suspicion is that you'll have to have a subscription to retail WoW, likely have to buy the current/next Xpac, and then you'll get access to the Classic servers with the option of either playing the current game or the Classic servers. Last time I looked [2yearsago?] a retail sub was $14.99 USD.

I'll pay that if it gets me Vanilla servers at Blizzard. Actually, in researching what people are saying about Classic, I've seen quite a bit of information on the next Xpac, BfA, and it doesn't look bad. They're actually planning on fixing/addressing a lot of concerns players had about the leveling process in retail, and supposedly making the game playable again at lower levels so you don't out-level zones and fly through them one-hitting everything. They're nerfing heirloom gear, at least at lower levels, and are trying to make all of the zones playable in a progressive leveling experience.

The six new races sound interesting too, so I might give it a shot when it comes out. In the meantime, I'll keep playing on Light's Hope while I wait for this server to launch.

The stuff about the leveling changes? Can confirm.
Level scaling is possibly the single greatest change to leveling in the history of WoW. No more outleveling zones, quests, or party members. Now if only they fixed not getting important abilities before level 60+...
Also, dungeons have been made significantly harder, with my Shadowfang Keep group wiping on the first boss, and the tank dying on almost every boss, due to not having all the tanking abilities yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 4:43 PM, Kuthela said:

Actually, in researching what people are saying about Classic, I've seen quite a bit of information on the next Xpac, BfA, and it doesn't look bad.

I hear/read things like that before each expansion and 3 months after release it is dead in the water. Its too late, they have completely new type of playerbase, so don't put your hopes too high. If they wanna bring real mmo gaming again they should make completely new game. Still the golden goose is too good to let go...

Edited by Joyman
typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nevarial said:

The stuff about the leveling changes? Can confirm.
Level scaling is possibly the single greatest change to leveling in the history of WoW. No more outleveling zones, quests, or party members. Now if only they fixed not getting important abilities before level 60+...
Also, dungeons have been made significantly harder, with my Shadowfang Keep group wiping on the first boss, and the tank dying on almost every boss, due to not having all the tanking abilities yet.

now thats stupid, even in vanilla, as a dps warrior, you could tank things no problem if you knew what you were doing, tanking as been reduced to spam abilities and wait for heal...specially on low level dungeons, that party of yours must been so accustomed to faceroll thats why the wipe, i guess...also, the scaling been implemented since several years on other games with almost no one caring about it. doub its gona revive the "leveling" experience we used to have

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0