Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hamilton

A price for vanilla at Blizz server?

I myself will not agree with price tag 15 eu per month, its overpriced for 12 years old game.

What s your opinion?

My opinion is that a good game is a good game. Old or new.

Current WoW is overpriced at 15 a month. Seems okay for Vanilla.

Edit: Whatever monthly fee they give it would technically be too much as we won't be paying the people who made it. I'm willing to let that pass if it lets me play the game though.

Edited by VeloxBanks

they should make it a $10.00 sub that is separate from legion/BfA

that way classic players who dont want to support legion can play classic without supporting legion, and itll also improve the quality of the classic realms by preventing some legion players from playing classic without unsubbing from legion

I'll pay whatever price they ask for. 30e/month. The new expansion. A kidney. An occasional blood sacrifice. My soul. :P

My guess is that the subscription for Classic and retail will be combined. Maybe 40e for a box too, even though we already have it. Doesn't really matter. Most people will still buy it.

1 hour ago, Aquane said:

itll also improve the quality of the classic realms by preventing some legion players from playing classic without unsubbing from legion

How so? I assume that you think that retail players will somehow "pollute" the classic servers, but having a lot of clueless people who don't know where quests are or how stuff works would make the experience more "blizzlike" than a server that only has vanilla veterans and private server players in it imo. Back in vanilla everyone was a noob afterall. It would be pretty lame if the classic server population consisted of nothing but people from pservers and grumpy old-timers.

i guess there would be the people having a new experience, but many legion players, from what I've read, tend to act... anti-social, in-game edit: from an in-game standpoint, not a real-life standpoint

Edited by Aquane

14 hours ago, Aquane said:

i guess there would be the people having a new experience, but many legion players, from what I've read, tend to act... anti-social, in-game

And vanilla players act...

Anti-social? So retail players will... pollute the game... by, what? Not interacting with others? I fail to see how this will affect others in a negative way. Or any way, really.

If you're talking about people being uncooperative in dungeons etc, I expect natural selection to take its course. 

As for the OP's question, I'm rich and privileged. I'll accept paying a lot more than it's worth before I start having second thoughts. If it's a separate subscription, I think €5 would be a reasonable fee, and I think €9.99 is a likely fee. Either way, I'll pay.

14 hours ago, Planks said:

And vanilla players act...

i actually recall them generally acting allright on nost pve unless they were gold farmers or something

but i also recall that the attitude of the playerbase became much less patient in wotlk(remember gearscore and asking for achievements?), and ive recently read on the official wow forums that people screamed at you for not knowing the mechanics to the brand new bosses in the brand new raid on the same day that it came out

im not quite sure if anti-social was the right word, though, though i'd meant that from an in-game standpoint, not a real-life one

Edited by Aquane

On 3.12.2017 at 4:58 PM, Lilaina said:

How so? I assume that you think that retail players will somehow "pollute" the classic servers, but having a lot of clueless people who don't know where quests are or how stuff works would make the experience more "blizzlike" than a server that only has vanilla veterans and private server players in it imo. Back in vanilla everyone was a noob afterall. It would be pretty lame if the classic server population consisted of nothing but people from pservers and grumpy old-timers.

On the other hand, an initial rush of 'Vanilla Tourists' could destroy the average population of servers if no systems to work around are in place.

Imagine thousands of people taking a look at Vanilla, that either means many servers or very big queues. Let's say we're going with a retail-like cap of 2,500 players and we have an initial player number of 100k so Blizzard rolls out with 40 servers, like retail release (hypothetical/random). If a big percentage of those then leave or just go on to barely play - servers would average out to population numbers that many people'd consider ded.

Or worst case: the initial interest would be bigger than Blizzard anticipates (not unlikely) and they then open additional servers a few days/weeks after release and then the big drop comes in. Not enough people for too many servers.

In my opinion the way Blizzard handles this exact problem will influence the overall success of WoW Classic a lot. Making people simply endure initial queues or merging servers after tourists leave could be possible solutions, both aren't really great ones though. Maybe they'll figure something out, maybe people will have to work around this by themselves by choosing specific servers that then guarantee long term pop. Very delicate matter.

2 hours ago, maronics said:

On the other hand, an initial rush of 'Vanilla Tourists' could destroy the average population of servers if no systems to work around are in place.

Imagine thousands of people taking a look at Vanilla, that either means many servers or very big queues. Let's say we're going with a retail-like cap of 2,500 players and we have an initial player number of 100k so Blizzard rolls out with 40 servers, like retail release (hypothetical/random). If a big percentage of those then leave or just go on to barely play - servers would average out to population numbers that many people'd consider ded.

Or worst case: the initial interest would be bigger than Blizzard anticipates (not unlikely) and they then open additional servers a few days/weeks after release and then the big drop comes in. Not enough people for too many servers.

In my opinion the way Blizzard handles this exact problem will influence the overall success of WoW Classic a lot. Making people simply endure initial queues or merging servers after tourists leave could be possible solutions, both aren't really great ones though. Maybe they'll figure something out, maybe people will have to work around this by themselves by choosing specific servers that then guarantee long term pop. Very delicate matter.

Yeah, that's absolutely true and one of the many things that I'm worried about. :D

SWTOR had the same problem: Lots of people on launch but overall too many servers that eventually started dying. They solved it by merging servers but as we know, Blizzard doesn't do that, and it would be especially out of place in vanilla due to the importance of community. Lengthy initial queues + surveys/stress tests to gauge player interest are the only solutions I can think of.

15 hours ago, maronics said:

Maybe they'll figure something out.

You think?

12 hours ago, Lilaina said:

SWTOR had the same problem.

Huge potential, but poor development with no endgame what-so-ever. Why would anyone stick around? Hope? Lol. Vanilla is vanilla. It's been done, and done a thousand times. The transparency is only limited by how blizzard chooses to alter it. For the most part, you know what you're getting.

I don't care if it's a full sub or 40€ purchase + sub.

I just want to play official vanilla no matter the cost.

Edited by Victoria