Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Status Update 1/14/2018

56 posts in this topic

Edited by dailybs

Let's look at the bright side.

It's 2018, we're one year closer to the 2031 release date :)

Its amazing how some things just get lost around here ?.  Happy 2018! 

Keep it up! 

Can't stand blizzards release of false vanilla experience.

Can't wait for the release, please let it be soon. :)

blizzard already failed by listening mentally retarded private vanilla server community

they can not fail again noly by canceling this pointless project at all

Edited by homu2

No seriously, i would be very interested whats the current situation team-wise after the blizzard announcement. Did any people leave? Are there still enough Testers working? What about @Elicas for example?

20 hours ago, Mogri said:

No seriously, i would be very interested whats the current situation team-wise after the blizzard announcement. Did any people leave? Are there still enough Testers working? What about @Elicas for example?

We still got a fair few people knocking around, don't know how much detail I'm allowed to go into, but we still got a healthy chunk of people to say the least. I myself have been missing in action since the Classic announcement, but now things surrounding that have settled down, I'm feeling the urge to get back into action :). (I'm one of the testers BTW)

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Honestly I think the news of retail classic will have impacted on many peoples motivation in the last few months, although private realms did teach me one thing "dont believe the hype" so I am keeping my mind open to the future.  It could be succesful, it could be the vanilla of our dreams and it could also be a wow classic nightmare with transmog and pandas, so for now I am enjoying working my ass off so that I have the funds for 2 accounts or enough money to start my own vanilla realm in the worst case scenario ;)

I think many things are uncertain in the next 18 months of vanilla wow, and lots of people are reluctant to commit to anything in such uncertain times

Edited by Wykeunchained

I have been waiting for Crestfall this whole time so I am gonna wait a little longer how the things will develop ... worst case scenario, there will always be the Blizzards classic realms. ( they may be fu*ked up by the unpredictable people on Blizz team, but still better than uncertain projects like Elysium ran by greedy idiots and played by people who dont mind getting crapped on their heads again and again ).

The Crestfall project is a last hope of private wow gaming for me and the pause from WoW is a welcome change to finally decide, what class to play and how much time I want to devote to this new endeavour.

Most people here don't give a damn about my opinion, but please give this project a chance and stay tuned.

Edited by Nothic

Hello all.

So, I have been away for far too long about what Crestfall is up to and how things are going. LAst thing I heard was Crestfall merged with Elysium, that was s few months back and after that i just didnt log into Crestfall forums. Are we finally close or near launch date? One of the things that made me stick around and wait for Crestfall project was that supposedly it is going to be a PTE (Play Through Expansions) server. Is that still going to happen? 

Please if anyone answers to my questions, be serious, don't link me long forum articles cause I'll probably won't read them. Quick, simple answers; Yes, No, When it will be released, etc... 

We're still working.  Just not posting updates anymore.  Plan is for PTE from Vanilla-Wrath.  No launch date has been announced.

Is it a definitive decision that it will be PTE until wotlk? and if yes, why? Just curious why, thats all. Hope u don't take it personal.

The plan for the project is Vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

Cataclysm is a possibility, the structures are almost identical to Wrath, so it would be very little additional work to go to 4.x if we are already doing 3.x.

Beyond Cataclysm, however, there are a lot of major changes to how the emulator would have to function.  That's just too big an investment in time and effort to really consider - at least for the time being.

Thanks for the reply. I can deal until Cataclysm..........for now!  xD   Well if Cata is a possibility then I will definitely wait for Crestfall...

Returning after a longer hiatus - are you guys still Beta testing, etc. or has all of that been dropped? 

Seems like I missed a lot of drama that happened before the winter break..

On 2/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, Darkrasp said:

We're still working.  Just not posting updates anymore.  Plan is for PTE from Vanilla-Wrath.  No launch date has been announced.

Your the boss!

On 2/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, Mogri said:

I've not been active here or involved in the team for a very long time now.

Wish nothing but the best for the Crestfall community, but with official servers coming all interest in the private server situation has died and myself and many of the others I was organizing for the PvE server have dropped Pservers entirely and are waiting for an official release. I pop on here once every 6 weeks or so to have a quick flick through my PM's and see if anything of note has happened.

Sad to hear, but understandable. I hope Crestfall can remain on track non the less.

WOW, it has been nearly 3 months without an update. :-( time flies ....