Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crogge

[Download]: Server launcher and diagnostics tool

Players who experience client sided issues or don't know how to change their realmlist to play on Crestfall contact the staff daily. It is also known that some players play on multiple servers and look for a tool to switch between those easily while having a clean cache.

Hence I release my batch based launcher, it is easy to use and open source.

Advantages of this launcher:

• A simple .bat script hence you can read/edit the code
  • No hidden malware, it is open source so everyone can confirm his part
  • Choose between 3 servers
  • Set various tweaks (e. g. automatic cache cleaning on startup or usage of OpenGL)
  • Automatically fix client sided issues (e. g. instant disconnect after login)
  • Do a semi-reset of the client if you experience unusual client behaviour
  • Run client diagnostics to find possible issues
  • Enable/disable custom MPQ files on demand
  • Tiny filesize (12kb)

Disadvantages of this launcher:

• It looks rather old fashioned
  • It has no automatic updates
  • It requires keyboard input

Compatible expansions: Vanilla and TBC
Compatible operation systems: Windows 2k/XP/Vista/7/8/10
Current version: v10c April 2018 (v1 started in June 2006)

Download:

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/uploads/LaunchWoW_CF_Vanilla_TBC_v10c.zip

Note:  Crogge isn't actually an admin of the Crestfall project.  He does still maintain the forums for us though because he's a good guy and neither Asura or myself wants to do it.  :)

Good to know Darkrasp, I have faith you will see this project completed and my hope is to play here with thousands more.

On 07/05/2018 at 10:17 PM, Crogge said:

Players who experience client sided issues or don't know how to change their realmlist to play on Crestfall contact the staff daily.

Wait, what? So you're saying players can play on Crestfall. Really? Is it a test realm? Is CF actually functioning? How come there have been no announcements over this? Is the realmlist sekrit?

If you wanted to keep it sekrit then why did you make this post? Why not sticky it in your sekrit Discord channels?

Secondly, after all the murky shit over the last what, two years? why would anyone trust anything you say, or anything downloadable associated with you, Crogge?

Posted (edited)

On 9.05.2018 г. at 9:58 PM, Outstanding said:

Wait, what? So you're saying players can play on Crestfall. Really? Is it a test realm? Is CF actually functioning? How come there have been no announcements over this? Is the realmlist sekrit?

If you wanted to keep it sekrit then why did you make this post? Why not sticky it in your sekrit Discord channels?

Secondly, after all the murky shit over the last what, two years? why would anyone trust anything you say, or anything downloadable associated with you, Crogge?

i wonder this to .. 

Edited by loonbg

Am I supposed to respond to this?

Alright, I'll bite.

Crogge never asked for permission to make the post, and I don't care either way that he did.  It looks to me like it was copy/pasted from Elysium and he just changed the name to Crestfall.  Probably thought it would be nice to share the application with the community, but didn't want to write a whole new post for it.  If you're worried about it having a virus or something, it's open source.  Check the code and build it yourself if you want.  Or not.  Whatever.  /Shrug.

On 9.5.2018 at 8:58 PM, Outstanding said:

Wait, what? So you're saying players can play on Crestfall. Really? Is it a test realm? Is CF actually functioning? How come there have been no announcements over this?

CF code was so advanced that it became sentient. It broke free, looked around a bit, and fled to retail:

http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=122370/cyrus-crestfall

Apparently this is the server release, yeah.

On 5/12/2018 at 1:41 AM, Darkrasp said:

Am I supposed to respond to this?

[...]

If you're worried about it having a virus or something, it's open source.  Check the code and build it yourself if you want.  Or not.  Whatever.  /Shrug.

You are not supposed to do anything. Some explanation, however, would have been welcome, considering the person who asked was for a long time one of the most important members of this community.

From your comment I supposed you don't use this launcher script to connect to the server software, is that correct?

In any case, the realmlist seems to be:

logon.crestfall-gaming.com

I might try connecting at some point, thanks for sharing Crogge.

3 hours ago, loeth said:

Apparently this is the server release, yeah.

No it's not. Yes a realmlist is on the bat file, but:

1. We don't have means to create server accounts
  2. Crogge is not part of Crestfall team anymore, so any information regarding Crestfall is not official, is wet paper, has the same vale as if it comes from me.

You can try to connect whenever you want, it won't.

Crogge released the bat and it's nice to have, it's a harmless plain text file so I don't see the panic unless people have no idea what are talking about, more common nowadays.

4 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

people have no idea what are talking about, more common nowadays.

Absolutely true!

The server can be connected through this realmlist, the address is there. I never claimed you could play WoW on it yet, as you pointed out the obvious reason: account creation is not public.

You are totally wrong about Crogge not being part of the team though..

On 2017-10-30 Darkrasp said again:

while we are no longer associated with Crogge professionally [...] I trust him not to release anything that he knows we don't want released.

Meaning that if he (Crogge) released this script, he knew Darkrasp wouldn't mind.

Moreover, since Asura left nothing much has changed and I GUESS the domain (crestfall-gaming.com) and VPS contracts are in Crogge's name still. I don't care about this at all, just pointing out that he might still be in some way 'part of the team', as you can read in this same very topic:

On 5/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, Darkrasp said:

Note:  Crogge isn't actually an admin of the Crestfall project.  He does still maintain the forums for us though because he's a good guy and neither Asura or myself wants to do it.  :)

So owning the forums and server means he kinda can take them offline at will. But w.e. Crogge seems to be an okay person so this will probably not happen.

I think the remaining Crestfall community is on Discord, as this forums have been mostly abandoned anyway. The server should be also pretty lightweight since there is no population so a cheap VPS for double digit euros per months is surely enough to host it.

On 16/05/2018 at 3:49 PM, loeth said:

Crogge seems to be an okay person so this will probably not happen.

''Seems'' ''Probably'' 

http://archive.is/KFlyG

but like.... is this still happening or nah?

I'm sure that when it will be finished will be a great server. Since i don't see a proper section to write this, i'll wirte here this message. If u need any help for the beta team i'm up to join it and test the game during my freetime (i can do it for 2-3 hrs a day). Btw my best wishes for the entire project and members.  @Darkrasp

All good thing come to those who wait, patience is a virtue :D  

I must admit I had my suspicions that things had slowly melted on this project but I am very pleased to see that the staff here are still plugging away in those lonely small hours of the night.  Fair play, and respect to you all for taking a realistic and honest approach to emulation.  Anyone can pump out a fresh realm with a few fix's and add a cash shop for "development costs" but I respect the fact that @Darkrasp has always been honest with the people following the project.

I am a follower, I am actually enthused by the attitude of the team. By doing this for their own passion and not out of greed or fame, they show integrity.  If Blizzard launches classic realms first it may actually benefit the project, as nothing kills a realm faster than a community with unrealistic expectations.  If crestfall launches I will be happy, if it doesnt I will not be unhappy, what matters is that the people working on it are enjoying what they are doing and that its not consuming their whole lives.  

I actually dont care if I never log into crestfall, but I will be happy for the staff if they get to that point are satisfied with their work.