Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brikot

Talent specc for leveling

What should i specc to be fast in leveling?

should contain:

-killing without eating and drinking so often.

-killing fast

Which pet does the most damage?

You should go for voidwalker (tanking pet)

and you should skill affliction first (include or exclude curse of exhaustion if you like it or not)

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IE0iARboVo

just DOT several mobs and let them be tanked or fear them. easy game.

Edited by Budge

what about gear, what should i get, im willing to buy gear from AH, spirit, int, stamina ?? ratio?

maximizing int, spirit, stamina ? Prefering one attribute ?

Edited by Brikot

Spell power > Stamina=Int > Everything else.

If you can keep your pet alive, you can life tap as much as you like (depending on what server you are on) then stamina and int are almost interchangeable. If you are struggling to keep your pet alive or on the PvP server, and you don't want to life tap as much, favour Int > Stamina. Balancing the two is a pretty solid option though.

Spirit is mostly worthless.

agree for gear. you dont benefit from spirit or spellcrit or Mp5 really.

Just spellpower and stam/int gear. Keep your tank pet up and dot several targets. use fear if needed to reduce dmg on your pet. drain life to end the battle with a good amount of health.

repeat 10000000 times :D

Talents:

Level 20 - Level 30 points that are needed to progress further goes into Fel Concentration - Level 40 even tho I picked Dark Pact you don't wanna drain your voidwalkers mana, it's mostly good for instances where you can drain your imps mana - Level 50 - points in demo aren't as important - Level 60

Respec to something like this once you get to 60 and start running dongers.

Playstyle:

Your voidwalker will mostly be able to tank 2 targets at a time, but only if you make him switch targets when torment is soon off cd. If you let it stay on 1 target and don't micro it, then you'll reduce your leveling speed. A 3rd target can be dotted and feared. Warlocks should be able to keep going without drinking if you life tap during running sessions and if you get a decent wand so you dont have to spend mana on shadow bolts as much.

Personally, I take the 15% stamina increase then go rest affliction for leveling. More lifetaps = more mana = less eating = more exp.

And you dont think suppression and imp. life tap is better for that?

Imp is never good for lvling, I personally go for http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IZ0xh, because i tend to be limited by pet mana and overaggroing my pet. Before going http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IVMrIRbkqZ0xh and http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IVMrIRbkqZ0xGzxx.... Once I hitt 60 i tend to go for http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IE0bhRbkAZZgx0tM0z, it is not ideal for PvP or PvE, but its a fairly strong hybrid.  

9 hours ago, Frost said:

And you dont think suppression and imp. life tap is better for that?

Not suppression, no. I haven't ran into a situation where a significant amount of my spells are resisted to justify taking that (for leveling). Aside from some specific areas where the mobs are known for having extremely high resistances (i.e. the water elementals in 1k needles).  I always take improved lifetap for sure, but I think 15% stam is too good to pass up.

I also don't take amp. curse or coe (not as early as level 20 or 30 anyhow) . On a 3 minute cd, I haven't found it to be useful for grinding mobs (maybe helps with soloing some of the elite quests? But still, I can get these low enough to sac my vw and drain tank them for the rest of the fight by the time he dies).

Anyhow, if you're playing well then your rotation will never really stop regardless so I don't think switching a few points around one way or another will make a difference. Soon as you dot up one mob, pull the next and just keep going. You can drain tank one yourself and pretty much constantly be killing 3-4 mobs at a time on lock, and never really have to drink. 

Edited by tsujin

I would personally go for this: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IEMbhobo

Improved Curse of Agony is not that much of a difference for leveling... Grim reach also is not essential. If you really always try to start from max distance then go for it, but most of the times, even if you start from max distance the mob will come much closer to you, in the time your pet reach it.. I can see its usefulness only in pvp server and thats also really very situational.

This is my route. You can debate whether or not it's best all you want. But after leveling as many Warlocks as I have over all the years, this is what I do.

19: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IG0bZc
Obvious choices in Affliction, with 3/3 Imp for groups right away for dungeon runs. As Horde, you may want to get 3/3 Imp sooner for RFC, but I go for Imp Life Tap ASAP myself. More than 2/5 Corruption isn't necessary until later. It's better to NOT get spell resists. You will HATE having the entire mana spent on spells flushed away because of a resist, especially if it's a coil or fear you need to land to avoid death.

29: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IN0bZfbhz
Mainly 3/3 Voidwalker and Fel Domination. The first keeps the pet viable for another 20 levels. It'll be junk right into the 20s without it. The second is mainly for convenience.

39: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0bVMbZfbhz
Few choices here. Nightfall is a wondrous talent to nuke players with. But not so good with a pet tank as it'll snatch aggro from the burst hits. Consider Imp Drain Mana, which is fantastic for caster mobs, and doesn't produce hardly any threat. It's a great talent pre 60. You could also get Master Summoner early in this bracket here, which is generally useful.

49: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0bqMboZfxIzM
Siphon Life+Master Summoner. By 49, you can have both. Win.

50+: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IA0bqMboZfxNzM0o
Siphon Life+Demonic Sacrifice. At this point pet tanking has run out of gas, even with the talent. What you should do now is actually eat the pet for the health regen, and stack it on top of SL. It's really damn hard to die with this combo, or have downtime. With dual regens going, mobs will struggle to even hurt you. Other talents improve your tanking, like 5/5Corruption (avoid pushback), 5/5 Fel Conc (same thing), +15%STA (more regen), and 2/2stone (can't hurt). Nightfall really shines now too because as your own tank, there's no concern of threat.

Edited by Drain

On 03/08/2016 at 2:46 AM, Budge said:

agree for gear. you dont benefit from spirit or spellcrit or Mp5 really.

Just spellpower and stam/int gear. Keep your tank pet up and dot several targets. use fear if needed to reduce dmg on your pet. drain life to end the battle with a good amount of health.

repeat 10000000 times :D

I take crit, most damage is with ruin and affliction. Means you don't get dark pact, but.... those shadow bolts are fucking nuts!!!

Thing that bothers me about the demonology tree is that soul link and demonic sacrifice are paired up, and stylistically pull in opposite directions. If I just spent 15+ points buffing my pets, why would I then be incentivised to sacrifice it? 

Also, what's the general concensus on leveling in a PvP environment? I have heard that it is advised to go Soul Link because you become harder to kill.

Edited by Thadius

16 minutes ago, Thadius said:

Thing that bothers me about the demonology tree is that soul link and demonic sacrifice are paired up, and stylistically pull in opposite directions. If I just spent 15+ points buffing my pets, why would I then be incentivised to sacrifice it? 

Also, what's the general concensus on leveling in a PvP environment? I have heard that it is advised to go Soul Link because you become harder to kill.

Just level with a Voidwalker - that stops any Rogues from even thinking about jumping you, your only real worry then is casters - which you can see coming from a mile off - in PvP servers I went 5/5 in Corruption then got Master Summoner - this allowed me to change pets or summon another voidwalker for PvP scenarios. You basically become unkillable. Indeed at level 46 (cause 5/5 in corruption) Soul Link is amazing in 1v1 scenarios because you can resummon your pet after a Sacrifice on your Voidwalker through the use of Master Summoner talents + Fel Domination. Also double summoning on pets make elites a lot easier - this all depends on how well Torment is scripted! If it is done properly then it should be a threat increase not a taunt. (Correct me if im mistaken!)

This is how I used to do it (pvp p-servers):

I) leveling 10-39 (siphon life + early demonology [22/8/0])
10-12: imp. corruption 3/5
13-14: suppression 2/5
15-16: imp. drain soul 2/2
17-18: imp. life tap 2/2
19-20: imp. corruption 5/5
21-24: fel concentration 4/5
25-26: grim reach 2/2
27-28: nightfall 2/2
29-29: fel concentration 5/5
30-30: siphon life 1/1
31-35: demonic embrace 5/5
36-38: imp. voidwalker 3/3
39-39: suppression 3/5
40-40: respec

II) leveling 40-60 (soul link + nightfall [20/31/0])
40-40:
-demonic embrace 5/5
-imp. healthstone 2/2
-imp. voidwalker 3/3
-fel domination 1/1
-fel stamina 5/5
-unholy power 5/5
-master summoner 2/2
-demonic sacrifice 1/1
-fel intellect 1/5
-master demonologist 5/5
-soul link 1/1
41-43: suppression 3/5
44-45: imp. corruption 2/5
46-47: imp. life tap 2/2
48-50: imp. corruption 5/5
51-51: amplify curse 1/1
52-55: fel concentration 4/5
56-57: nightfall 2/2
58-59: grim reach 2/2
60-60: fel concentration 5/5

Explained 10-39:
Improved drain soul allows me to regain loads of mana during early leveling - there's also a lot of spirit gear from quests. I have macro that destroys soulstone once my last bag is filled. Ofc I'm stil using life tap. I'm always using drain soul lvl 1 - not even learning higher one.
My playstyle - pulling 2-4 mobs at once - DoT and run - drain life once it's avaible - getting siphon life as soon as possible is increasing chance to not dying of mass pull.
I don't really need improved void walker skills before lvl 40 - taunt is good enought - also my body is tanking other 1-2 mobs while I drain life with fel concentration.
Suppresion 2/5 is enought in early game - with Joana's guide I don't have to fight +3lvl mobs (most of time).
Nightfall is kinda useless but might sometimes save your life.
Leveling up to 30 is a cake - the problems starts at STV - you can't pull 2-4 mobs anymore coz of player enemies - this is why getting soullink asap is important for me.

Explained 40-60:
Improved drain soul is not good anymore - life tap is way more effective.
My void has now 40% bonus damage reducion and my body has additional 30% - this allows me to not die of ambush/eviscerate.
I'm missing siphon life now but I have 30% more EHP - also my void has, and he deals more damage (+23%) - which is also increasing threat.
Suppression 3/5 because I fight 3+lvl mobs sligtly more often (specially in the dungeons).

Stats: stamina > int > everything

Stats explained: about 80% damage you do is DoT from CoA/Corruption/Immolate/Siphonlife/Drainlife - DoT spells have low spellpower coeficient. Stamina allows you to lifetap more often and it's increasing your survival ability. The other 20% is void melee hits and shadowbolts (nightfall), deathcoil in later game (every 3 min). Intellect gives you just more total mana so You don't have to tap during every mass pull.

Edited by duzyizly
soulstones = soulshards...