Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budge

BIS pre raid for holy Paladins

61 posts in this topic

Hello, I know there are much BIS pre raid threads on other forums (other servers) lurking arround and I think I have read all of them.

The thing is that there is always a discussion or the fact that other servers run slightly other versions of the game (or slightly other stats on items due to the other versions)

and/or some items are not there from the beginning and so on... I am not too familiar what version and patch was when MC/ONY came out (better said: what Items were available at that point).

Can anyone make a list with the BIS preraid items for Holypaladins until the start of MC/Ony ? Im not sure if DM was open that time rofl

Edit: Things have changed and stats will probabbly roll back to older versions and as the release is blizzlike it will look like as follows (pls tell if you see any mistakes) 

Big credit for zunnie for researching ;)

From launch

Head: Whitesoul Helm - Crafted
Neck: Tooth of Gnarr - UBRS
Shoulder: Living Shoulders - Crafted
Back: Archivist Cape - Strat Living
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Wrist: Loomguard Armbraces - Scholo
Gloves: Hands of the Exalted Herald - BRD
Belt: No good belts, any with 20 int will do
Pants: Skyshroud Leggings - LBRS
Boots: Verdant Footpads - Strat UD
Rings: Fordrings Seal  - Quest /Songstone of Ironforge or Horde equivalent - Quest
Trinkets: Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Weapon: Hammer of Grace - BRD
Offhand: Spirit of Aquementas - Quest

After DM

Head: Insightful Hood - DMN
Neck: Tempest Talisman- DME
Back: Hide of the Wild - Crafted
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Wrist: Gallant's Wristguards - Scholo
Gloves: Harmonious Gauntlets - DMN
Belt: Whipvine Cord - DME
Pants: Padre's Trousers - DMW
Boots: Boots of the Full Moon - DMN
Rings: Fordrings Seal - Quest / Emerald Flame Ring - DMW
Trinkets:  Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Offhand: Brightly Glowing Stone - DMN

After AV

Neck: Animated Chain Necklace - Start UD
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Gloves: Harmonious Gauntlets - DMN
Belt: Whipvine Cord - DME
Pants: Padre's Trousers - DMW
Boots: Boots of the Full Moon - DMN
Rings: Fordrings Seal - Quest / Emerald Flame Ring - DMW
Trinkets:  Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Offhand: Lei of the Lifegiver - AV rep

cheers

Edited by Budge

Very good list, but DMN is not released before 1.3 it should take months before its release so this is my input.

Head: Insightful Hood (DM north)

Not in game, get t2 or the one from UBRS

Neck: Animated Chain Neck (Strat rammstein)

Not in game, get the one from UBRS

Shoulder: Shoulders from Lord Roccor BRD cant remember name

Not good at this patch, get Living or if they have forgotten to remove it, Dawnbringer

Back: Hide of the Wild

Not in game, get the one from Strat Live

Chest: Robes of the Exalted (Strat)

Wrist: Gallants Wristguards

Not in game, get the one from Scholo

Gloves: Harmonious Gauntlers

Not in game, get the ones from BRD

Belt: Whipvine cord

Only crap belts are in the game at the start, any with 20 int is BiS

Pants: Padres Trousers

Not in game, get the ones from LBRS (yes the caster ones) 

Boots: Faith Healers boots (rend blackhand) or Verdant Footpads??? leather with raw 37addheal on it and nothing else

The leather ones are BiS :< they drop form a rare boss in Strat UD :< :< :<

Rings: Fordrings Seal (quest!) Roesewine cirlce (LBRS)

Rosewine sucks pre 1.11, so get the ones from Saving Princess quest in BRD

Trinkets: 2x mindtap (DM West)

No.... We dont need Mp5 for any content pre Nef.... You are better off with the caster trinket from UBRS, and the healing trinket from BRD

Libram: Libram of Divinity

Not in game..... This is BiS

Weapon: Hammer of Grace (BRD)

Offhand: Brightly Glowing Stone (DM north) or Spirit of Aquementas ? Does anyone know if the -25mana per spell is in that version??? or will AV be out before MC and Ony?

Spirit is out in the beginning and I think it stayed until DM

After DM, this is pretty much the new BiS list RiP Nost, when AV is released, Animated and AV offhand enter that list. 

They still havn't confirmed stat rollback yet, so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss much of the list that comes in later patches or has junk stats at release. That's still being discussed by the team.

They have confirmed that Dire Maul wont be out until after MC and Onyxia is cleared though.

10 hours ago, Elicas said:

They still havn't confirmed stat rollback yet, so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss much of the list that comes in later patches or has junk stats at release. That's still being discussed by the team.

They have confirmed that Dire Maul wont be out until after MC and Onyxia is cleared though.

so we will have to wait for those announcements? was there no info before? I listened to the Q&A but it was too long to recall everything. I think they said that they wont change stats of items because it would be too much work to change them with release of other instances, can anyone confirm?

What was the blizzlike relase of instances back then? And when was AV released? DM after MC? 

12 hours ago, Zunnie said:

No.... We dont need Mp5 for any content pre Nef.... You are better off with the caster trinket from UBRS, and the healing trinket from BRD

u sure you wont be oom until nef ? :P

Darkrasp has confirmed that he wont do item rollbacks himself, he simply doesn't want to do all the extra database work and it would push the project back into next year. There was an option for the community to do the work, and he would check it all before implementation, but I don't know if anyone has actually volunteered to start working on it yet or not.

As it currently stands, items will use their 1.12.1 values.

Dire Maul and AV will be released after MC is cleared, neither were in Vanilla at launch.

10 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Darkrasp has confirmed that he wont do item rollbacks himself, he simply doesn't want to do all the extra database work and it would push the project back into next year. There was an option for the community to do the work, and he would check it all before implementation, but I don't know if anyone has actually volunteered to start working on it yet or not.

Dire Maul and AV will be released after MC is cleared, neither were in Vanilla at launch.

ok so no spirit of aquamentas, no DM and no AV items.

I will adjust the list later for the BIS list then. please check it back today ;)

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

That is disappointing, I hope some one takes the time to make a list for them... At the very least remove the idols/totems/librams. 

2 hours ago, Budge said:

u sure you wont be oom until nef ? :P

To put it this way, if you are going oom before that 22mp5 wont help you at all ;)

Will Darkmoon Cards be available before MC and DM ?

AV will come out after MC aswell , correct?

Also not sure if hide of the wild will be available??

Edited by Budge

18 minutes ago, Budge said:

Will Darkmoon Cards be available before MC and DM ?

AV will come out after MC aswell , correct?

Also not sure if hide of the wild will be available??

Darkmoon Cards aren't available at release.

AV after MC.

Hide of the Wild is a Dire Maul pattern drop.

alright, updated the list. can you check if you see anything better?

This is one thing I can't help out on much, I don't do Pally healing :)

I really cant help either, you will be able to find green cloaks with healing that are probably BiS if they are gonna keep the 1.12 item stats. Also you should never get any darkmoon deck as holy pala, they are all shit for us :S

Looking at how fast items are getting updated, I think we can assume that all items will have the correct stats ones the server is released. This will give us the following BiS lists.

From launch

Head: Tribal War Feathers - UBRS... Dont get the crafted one it is not worth the money 
Neck: Tooth of Gnarr - UBRS
Shoulder: Living Shoulders - Crafted
Back: Archivist Cape - Strat Living
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Wrist: Loomguard Armbraces - Scholo
Gloves: Hands of the Exalted Herald - BRD
Belt: No good belts, any with 20 int will do
Pants: Skyshroud Leggings - LBRS
Boots: Verdant Footpads - Strat UD
Rings: Fordrings Seal  - Quest /Songstone of Ironforge or Horde equivalent - Quest
Trinkets: Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Weapon: Hammer of Grace - BRD
Offhand: Spirit of Aquementas - Quest

After DM

Neck: Tempest Talisman- DME
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Gloves: Harmonious Gauntlets - DMN
Belt: Whipvine Cord - DME
Pants: Padre's Trousers - DMW
Boots: Boots of the Full Moon - DMN
Rings: Fordrings Seal - Quest / Emerald Flame Ring - DMW
Trinkets: Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Offhand: Brightly Glowing Stone - DMN

After AV

Neck: Animated Chain Necklace - Start UD
Chest: Robes of the Exalted - Strat UD
Gloves: Harmonious Gauntlets - DMN
Belt: Whipvine Cord - DME
Pants: Padre's Trousers - DMW
Boots: Boots of the Full Moon - DMN
Rings: Fordrings Seal - Quest / Emerald Flame Ring - DMW
Trinkets: Second Wind - BRD / Briarwood Reed - UBRS
Offhand: Lei of the Lifegiver - AV rep

I have not added random world drop epics or items requiring a hard rep farm / PvP rank. 

Please update the original post and tell me if I have forgotten any :)

thank you very much for the timeline effort! but for the BIS list I will include the whitesoul helm aswell hehe ;)

just a question (im not familiar with items in certain patches). isnt the strat necklace (animated chain neck) available from the beginning?

Also: after DM the LBRS rosewind ring should be better than the quest ring you linked ?

Edited by Budge

Rosewind was updated in 1.11, it was a crap ring before that, and the neck was added in 1.4  ;)... Did a lot of gear lists and theory crafting on Nost :P 

what about shoulders lord roccor brd?

that means rosewind is good in the DM patch, right?

Edited by Budge

Great work Zunnie! Now we just have to hope that item progression will indeed be implemented, as it does look right now due to the community's effort.

PS: The original post should at least give credit to Zunnie for compiling the updated, accurate BiS list.

yes this will be very interesting if item progression will be a thing. to anyone: pls update if you any confirmation occured.

@Arthas updated ofc.

about the belt: the BOE was not available from the beginning?

is there any database i can search in?

Edited by Budge

Ok, so Belt of the Ordained was added in 1.4, so abit later then Whipvine Cord and a lot later than Slash of Mercy, which I belive was available at the beginning. But all of these belts are very similar so there is an argument to be made for all of them. They are also kind of just like filler items until we get Corehund Belt, which is big upgrade from patch 1.5 or 1.6, cant remember. 

Also, there is no good database to search for this in, I remember most from Nostalrius and I also double check to see when they were first added to databases such as http://web.archive.org/web/20050414004510/http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=14553. Also WoWhead and WoWwiki, sometimes have the correct item added patch listet, but non of these are 100%.

so this means that belt of the ordained is after AV ?  so basically slash of mercy would be BIS ?

thank you for the link!

Yes it is obtainable after AV, which one is best is really hard to tell... Most paladin forums rank, 1 int = 1 Healing, and 3 Healing = 1 mp5. My opinion is that int is underated and mp5 is overated, so I would probably rank them as Belt of the Ordained = Slash of Mercy > Whipvine Cord ... but at that point 1-2 int would make me choose Whipvine over Ordained / Slash, and I would rather sell Ordained / Slash if them got it while having Whipvine, its that close. 

More importantly, because they are not rolling back stats pre 1.5, Thaurissan's Royal Scepter is BiS pre DM :) 

wait... I thought they are rolling stats back to the very beginning? or am i missing stm? so until what point is this thing BIS: Spirit of Aquamentas ? I mean what instance release