Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shadesofjoe

Smite Spec?

28 posts in this topic

I have this burning desire to find a class/spec combo on Crestfall that isn't normally played by the masses and somehow make it viable. Right now I'm wavering between Paladin tank and smite Priest. 

Would a spirit-heavy build designed to work with Spiritual Guidance have any chance of succeeding? What say you priest experts?

there were 2 or 3 smite priests on nost and they were all memes

i think this is an okay spec for a smite priest

http://realmplayers.com/Talents.aspx#bVgbs0izZfxt0bbV

I see this as a viable spec as an alliance priest if theres 16 debuff slots, as alliance gets seal of the crusader from their paladins(+140 holy damage taken)

the preferred race is human

you might want to use this spec, which has power infusion, instead if you don't get gear with alot of +spirit on it

http://realmplayers.com/Talents.aspx#bVgbs0iVofxt0bb

Edited by Aquane

I saw a few people running it as a joke in 20's on Feenix I think it was. You stack Paladins since each level of Crusader Judgement was stacking and then burn down the boss with huge levels of +holy damage from the stacked debuffs. It's not something really viable though.

54 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I saw a few people running it as a joke in 20's on Feenix I think it was. You stack Paladins since each level of Crusader Judgement was stacking and then burn down the boss with huge levels of +holy damage from the stacked debuffs. It's not something really viable though.

If that wasn't a guild called God's Wrath I will be majorly disappointed by the Feenix community.

8 hours ago, Elicas said:

I have no idea what the meme implies but dont the bosses on this server have a lot of holy resist?

1 hour ago, Nogar said:

I have no idea what the meme implies but dont the bosses on this server have a lot of holy resist?

What meme?

And no, no bosses should have any holy resist. The only resistance you'll get on holy spells is either from mob level where misses show as resisted spells (hit cap) or from all resist buffs.

17 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

Hm, "all resist" buffs added holy res too?Isnt holy locked on 0?

Darkrasp went through it in this thread

Holy being part of all resist effects is hard coded into the 1.12.1 client.

7 hours ago, Elicas said:

What meme?

And no, no bosses should have any holy resist. The only resistance you'll get on holy spells is either from mob level where misses show as resisted spells (hit cap) or from all resist buffs.

Dude, Nogar outmeme'd you so hard outch.

14 minutes ago, Vitamalz said:

Dude, Nogar outmeme'd you so hard outch.

Yeah, i'm not really into the whole reddit meme trending shit so I lose track of what the meta is and take everything at face value lol.

5 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Yeah, i'm not really into the whole reddit meme trending shit so I lose track of what the meta is and take everything at face value lol.

I didnt even know wtf i was talking about xD

We going to turn Duki and Holy resist into a meme here then? ;)

I see no possibility of this doing actual raid dmg but for PvP it definitely works :D

Edited by Zetox

did you see how hard that guy hit without blowing any cooldowns?

thats easily over 500 dps in a raid, and thats before judgement of the crusader

i think its viable as alliance, though if this was before the coefficient change it wouldn't be as strong; maybe 450 dps before judgement of the crusader, but thats still very powerful imo

Edited by Aquane

i did 550 dps on patchwerk as smiter on VanillaGaming with close-BiS gear, ~650 as shadow

the main problem is that you need 16% hit from gear and you loose a lot good items to come close to this 16%

pvp as smiter is kinda bad since you have a high cast time, short swp, long fear cd, no silence etc

nova is a lot fun thou :)

I guess http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGRGVVobxthbb as regular smiter..

this is my personal pvp spec, revolves around dmg reduction, HoTs, HoT's through DoTs,, HoTs through crits imp shield and martyrdom. Etc. the snare ofc

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bx0GoZfVzhZVMgzztRo

Survivability is crazy, i used to FC with this spec. Having both IF and silence is amazing. If you can get your hands on arena grandmadter/burrowers shell youll be unkillable. The BWL trinket works well too.

Edited by Munin

The "problem" with smite is it's just not as good as shadow. If you wanted to DPS as a priest then go shadow, if you want to try something crazy and off the wall go smite, but dont be surprised when you struggle to join groups and raids etc.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:36 PM, Mecher said:

there were 2 or 3 smite priests on nost and they were all memes

a big fat mess

We had a Smite Priest in our 40man on Nostalrius. He was middle of the pack but struggled to keep up on very long fights (like Nefarian). The problem with Smite was not actual DPS, I don't think. It was that it's incredibly mana intensive, worse than a Boomkin. You can do it, just be prepared to use mana potions and demonic runes. It's worth noting that he carried around a heal set and healed when we needed it.

If you ask me, I'd personally prefer a spec with PI, because you can cast it on the best target and improve overall raid DPS. Don't cast it on yourself, cast it on the person who will benefit the most. Your raid gets more out of it. You can go with the Spiritual Guidance spec too, if you have gear with a lot of Spirit. It's not my personal preference though.

Don't get discouraged by nay-sayers it's not possible. Vanilla raids do not need 40 optimal specs to clear. Our guild was quite successful with a lot of funny specs in our raid. I played a pure Arcane Mage, for example, for many weeks to try it out. We had a bear tank who took Broodlord's attacks like a boss. Unfortunately no Paladin tank, but it's something I'd like to try one day!

Edited by Deathlace

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 5:25 AM, Deathlace said:

We had a Smite Priest in our 40man on Nostalrius. He was middle of the pack but struggled to keep up on very long fights (like Nefarian). The problem with Smite was not actual DPS, I don't think. It was that it's incredibly mana intensive, worse than a Boomkin. You can do it, just be prepared to use mana potions and demonic runes. It's worth noting that he carried around a heal set and healed when we needed it.

If you ask me, I'd personally prefer a spec with PI, because you can cast it on the best target and improve overall raid DPS. Don't cast it on yourself, cast it on the person who will benefit the most. Your raid gets more out of it. You can go with the Spiritual Guidance spec too, if you have gear with a lot of Spirit. It's not my personal preference though.

Don't get discouraged by nay-sayers it's not possible. Vanilla raids do not need 40 optimal specs to clear. Our guild was quite successful with a lot of funny specs in our raid. I played a pure Arcane Mage, for example, for many weeks to try it out. We had a bear tank who took Broodlord's attacks like a boss. Unfortunately no Paladin tank, but it's something I'd like to try one day!

Your guild must have had very bad dps if a smite priest was "middle of the pack".

2 hours ago, Adelinemdr said:

Your guild must have had very bad dps if a smite priest was "middle of the pack".

Actually my guild had some very fast speed-runs. Rarely posted to Realmplayers, but the few times we did, it's among the fastest. But if you say so, buddy. My point was that we cleared all content with ease.

I'm not interested in getting into arguments about Vanilla WoW spec viability with self-proclaimed experts of a 10-year old game, so believe whatever you want.

Edited by Deathlace