Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Whitepanda

Hardcore raiders from Nostalrius help me here <NOPE> <Dreamstate> <Coalition>

68 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, Ciar said:

Don't use Kronos to base any speculations on how fights should go.

That server is a joke and the devs are clueless.

Remember i use to se this comment in world chat "Nostalrius got the population, but Kronos got better scripts"

Use to hear that all the time.. 

People implyed that they left kronos because they wanted to play on a server with big pop and ignored the fact that they though kronos had better scripts

11 hours ago, Whitepanda said:

Remember i use to se this comment in world chat "Nostalrius got the population, but Kronos got better scripts"

Use to hear that all the time.. 

People implyed that they left kronos because they wanted to play on a server with big pop and ignored the fact that they though kronos had better scripts

In my humble opinion that isn't true. I've leved to 60 and raided on both servers and in my opinion Nostalrius was far superior. Just look at the BWL speed runs from Kronos, it's literally a joke how much isn't working as intended in there. 

Nost had upped all boss and trash health and abilities. Kronos has them at pretty much blizzlike levels. That's why speed clears are faster on kronos. Has nothing to do with broken mechanics. They are both alright scripted servers. I mean, did you really think Rend's whirlwind was suppose to 1 shot all the melee? Or how about the panther boss in ZG 1 shotting full t2 ranks in her panther form? Or broodlord or any number of other bosses that would have stonewalled your average vanilla retail guild.

On 8/16/2016 at 8:40 PM, slipryyyy said:

Stuff

I'm pulling for you guys to get a server first this go around. 

That way this server won't be subjected to your inferiority complex for 6 months like the last one was.

Edited by roarnstuff
Since Slipryyyy got banned might as well just finish it. Was gonna wait for his reply. Rip.

On 2016-08-22 at 4:41 PM, Adelinemdr said:

In my humble opinion that isn't true. I've leved to 60 and raided on both servers and in my opinion Nostalrius was far superior. Just look at the BWL speed runs from Kronos, it's literally a joke how much isn't working as intended in there. 

Im just saying what i heard on Reddit and world chat, guild chat etc etc i asked alot of newcommers if they where from kronos and if they where i asked how the scripting was and most of them said better.

2 hours ago, Whitepanda said:

Im just saying what i heard on Reddit and world chat, guild chat etc etc i asked alot of newcommers if they where from kronos and if they where i asked how the scripting was and most of them said better.

Pet scripting is all over the place and as far as raids goes. Last time I checked Onyxia and Garr were still completely broken. For BWL there were even more issues, mostly various skips of trash packs that shouldnt be possible with invis pots, feign death shenanigans, weird aggro ranges etc. I haven't seen AQ40 on Kronos since I don't know anything about k1 but I heard there were some really obvious issues there as well, such as threat mechanics on Twins not working.

Hello yes, I am from <Entitled> first guild on nost to down Rag without abusing bugs. Please respect us among the NOPE meme lords. We brought arguably more memes and greater entertainment to the nostalrius community. Avrone is very angry that you did not include us among the top raiding guilds. How dare you! This is borderline harassment! DISGUSTING!

Well, it has 57 58 replies so it must mean something, right? I mean, it must be as relevant as the Holy Resistance meme..

Been in DS for 3 years have never known much about the boss mechanics, just heal and don't suck. Be sure to use r5 mana pots they're cheap.

PS: <nope> sucked bawlz

Edited by Jurary

On 2016-09-16 at 4:15 AM, Jurary said:

Been in DS for 3 years have never known much about the boss mechanics, just heal and don't suck. Be sure to use r5 mana pots they're cheap.

PS: <nope> sucked bawlz

Hardcore information right there ;D

Edited by Whitepanda

3 hours ago, Whitepanda said:

Hardcore information right there ;D

The only thing Jurary was ever hardcore at, was posting stupid shit on the forums :D

6 hours ago, Nuar said:

The only thing Jurary was ever hardcore at, was posting stupid shit on the forums :D

You know me too well :3

PS: Slipry sucks bawlz and is a midget

On 8/17/2016 at 0:35 PM, Elicas said:

Synced one shot it in 550 seconds. Vanguard got server second, 2 minutes later (no realmplayers for that though). Risen got server third after 3 wipes in 553 seconds.

Compare that DPS speed with some from retail;

Less than 10 minutes was considered insanely fast back then. The average was 12-14 minutes a kill.

I know Kronos significantly over inflates melee damage because their glancing blow/weapon skill formula is incorrect and glancing blows can crit there. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an issue with Ignite stacks there as well, something I remember @Darkrasp talking about in another thread with another forum user.

Here's a vod of the guild you mentioned(Risen) some of us have joined, killing him in a single weakened phase https://www.twitch.tv/slumwawa/v/94599252?t=01h15m30s. And here's a link to the kill (250seconds) http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverview.aspx?Raid=50332&Fight=8

Glancing's actually can't crit anymore as per a few months ago. However armor was nerfed on all AQ40 bosses making them even easier than they already were. There's no other way of putting this, shit is just easy. If you keep boss HP and other values blizzlike, it will fall over. Very quickly. Min-maxing right now trivializes the game to a laughable degree. I played on Nost from beginning till end and shit was easy there as well. Remember that Kronos has alot of items Nost did not (titanics etc). 

I've seen tons of C'thun videos where people don't even have DM buffs. Forget self consumables. 

Vanilla is just easy now. Back then...was a different story. I can link you VOD's of MS spec Tauren warriors with Halberd of smiting in Naxx, Dungeon 2 set Main tanks in Naxx, Heartseeker dagger rogues in Naxx etc. 

On 8/23/2016 at 8:12 AM, roarnstuff said:

Nost had upped all boss and trash health and abilities. Kronos has them at pretty much blizzlike levels. That's why speed clears are faster on kronos. Has nothing to do with broken mechanics. They are both alright scripted servers. I mean, did you really think Rend's whirlwind was suppose to 1 shot all the melee? Or how about the panther boss in ZG 1 shotting full t2 ranks in her panther form? Or broodlord or any number of other bosses that would have stonewalled your average vanilla retail guild.

I'm pulling for you guys to get a server first this go around. 

That way this server won't be subjected to your inferiority complex for 6 months like the last one was.

Pretty much exactly what this guy said. Blizzlike HP and other values= Kronos= Easy as fuck. Don't confuse Nost-like with Blizzlike. With all of this said, I enjoyed the little bit of more challenge Nost scripts brought. 

All I hope is that the server has all the proper mechanics in place (read the Ragnaros post, it's a very good read on just how little other servers actually care). The actual number scaling matters very little afterwards and can infact be inflated to provide a more enjoyable experience with the higher average skill level compared to vanilla. But people weren't stupid back in vanilla, not to this degree. Ragnaros cannot be taken down with 0 FR on anyone but the tank. The mechanics don't allow it. Not even with double FR pot. The more I read about it on wayback machine the more I realize is that the "nobody knew how to do bosses" arguments is simply funded on bad private server scripts and none of those people have ever actually played real retail vanilla.

Once the proper mechanics are in place and the numbers are tuned right and you still manage to pull off the quick kill without FR, then I concede to your point, but before then, if you take your experience from any private server as an argument, you simply don't know what you're talking about. This includes Nostalrius, Kronos and especially Feenix, because people somehow still believe that anything on that server works the way it should.

I commend the devs on this server to not accept the status quo as a fact and actually dive into the material and challenge pre-existing notions about how hard a boss should be.

On 10-8-2016 at 2:44 AM, Darkrasp said:

It's an interesting video.  What's strange to me is the paucity of AoE damage being taken.  Grouping up the Flamewaker Elites on Majordomo should just about wreck anything close to them from the chained Blastwaves, and yet nobody appears to be taking any damage at all, despite having no Fire Resist gear on whatsoever.  Similarily in the Ragnaros fight there's no environmental damage at all.  Players should normally be eating some significant fire damage through the entire fight, regardless of positioning, from repeated Lava Bursts.

Take a look at this guy's health starting around the two minute mark, there are other points but this shows what I'm talking about.  Rag isn't casting Wrath of Ragnaros, there's no melee AoE knockback going on, this guy takes 256 fire damage, then 479 fire damage, and then a second later 770 fire damage, all partially resisted from the 1k damage it does with no resist, and he takes further chip damage and bursts all through the fight.  Not getting targeted by Annihilate, not getting hit by the melee knockback, just environmental damage from all the gameobject Lava Bursts that are supposed to be there, but never, ever are.  On private server videos all the ranged just happily nuke away in full DPS gear and never have to worry about anything except Annihilate, if that's even scripted properly.  On retail, unless you had significant stat points invested in Fire Resist, Rag would just work you over.

We don't really have to "buff" Ragnaros at all, though we will most likely improve his AI anyways.  All we have to do is fix him.

You're wrong about them not having fire resistance, since there is a fire resist totem up for the very guy in the video.

On 2016-09-13 at 8:53 PM, Outstanding said:

Well, it has 57 58 replies so it must mean something, right? I mean, it must be as relevant as the Holy Resistance meme..

Well i was wondering how u could clear the raids so fast that was all since it was made to look so mutch easier then retail where people also was hardcore.