Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 8/8/2016

66 posts in this topic

Yay updates. Yay I got named. Boo, you summoned he who shall not be named to talk about Holy Resistances. Damnit @Darkrasp.

I think you probably needed a lie down after that post. Well done. A reiteration to the community members who assisted on the item stat rollback. 

I think the confusion with holy resistance being only level-based comes from the fact that they took it out in TBC.
I've double checked, because I was confused myself, because I remember distinctly killing warlock pets with smite spam while they were stunned.

There's some discussion here: https://github.com/ccshiro/cc-buglist/issues/1778

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

The list of items rolled back includes the PvP epic armors, These items will be restored to their post-patch version around the time AQ launches.

Eight months in: War Effort begins, Silithus questlines, Wind Stones, Green Dragons

>having to wait until AQ for non-dogshit pvp sets even though youre choosing not to roll back tier sets

boy i cant wait for there to be literally no reason to rank on any class; why was this decision made? it makes no sense. at the very least update the sets at the release of BWL so they arent laughably outclassed across all content

Edited by Mecher

Thank you for this update, Darkrasp. Concerning TBC, even though it's not even something to think about right now, i wonder if you're not underestimating the time it would take to launch a flawless, pre-nerf tbc server? Sorry for mentioning them, but looking at corecraft : their ptr shows how good the server is after years of work, but even though the developers are MIA right now, they already said before that there were many things left to fix. Aren't you worried about the amount of time that it could take to properly script the TBC content?

Again, thanks for the update.

Edited by valaquenta

I'm glad to see that seems definitive there's going to be a PvE realm. If that is the case, I'll probably bring to crestfall some of my guildmates from Nostralrius.
Thanks you guys. Keep up the good work!

Since you already conceded that you aren't going to follow patch by patch, I don't see why Arathi Basin needs to come out 2 months after WSG and AV just because it came out later on retail. A month or two without BGs while people are still leveling might be fun to encourage world pvp, but 4 months without AB? That just seems unnecessary.

Thanks for the update.

PvP gear should have its stats upgraded with either BWL or ZG release at the latest, waiting for AQ release is too long and makes it hardly worth getting at all.

I would also like to see WSG and AB to be released together. If you are concerned about rewards being imbalanced for pve progression, you can remove some of them from WSG/AB until a later date.

Yay. I was mentioned in a fashion shining green letter.

Sadly we can't help more to  release harder, better, FASTER,stronger 

Nice job CF team, and CF members.

(:< Time to make history here boyZ'n girlZ

Odysseu, mon, you betta finda way to help da team to welease soonaaaa, or da troll twibe gonna be angwy for shore.

2 minutes ago, valaquenta said:

Odysseu, mon, you betta finda way to help da team to welease soonaaaa, or da troll twibe gonna be angwy for shore.

The twibe can be angwy, can try to hart mah body and crush mah soul.

But if I know somethin is...DA DARKSPEAR NEVAH DIE

Thank you for the update! Is the beta still planned for "end of summer"? 

2 minutes ago, Enjoythis said:

Thank you for the update! Is the beta still planned for "end of summer"? 

I read somewhere on  this forum that beta will be on November 

no that's not it : the beta is in the end of summer (so in september), and the release at the end of the year (darkrasp think it COULD be around november, it's just his guess, but it could be later as well, ... or sooner, it depends)

49 minutes ago, surveillance said:

Thanks for the update.

PvP gear should have its stats upgraded with either BWL or ZG release at the latest, waiting for AQ release is too long and makes it hardly worth getting at all.

I would also like to see WSG and AB to be released together. If you are concerned about rewards being imbalanced for pve progression, you can remove some of them from WSG/AB until a later date.

I thought about it for quite a bit and agree with you regarding WSG and AB. A disabling of items seems to be more reasonable with them later being available for BWL release.

Edited by Koosha

Great work Everyone!! :)

Don't like the PvP set released so late. ZG seems a great compromise that's what nost did which doesn't change PVE progress but still allows players who spent hundreds of hours to get gear a reward.

Anything later is extremely punishing 

Regarding PvP sets, here's the rationale:
1) On retail those sets came out with Naxxramas.  Even pushing them out at AQ time is way earlier than they were out on retail.
2) It's easier to do all the updates at once rather than spread them out over a long period of time.  Less opportunity to miss things or make mistakes.

That said, I did separate the item update queries into two separate patches, one for PvP and one for PvE, so it's not that big a deal to move them to a different "patch".  We'll toss some numbers around and see how things look with an earlier release of the PvP gear upgrades.  I think that while a BWL release is optimistic, a ZG release is reasonable.

As far as pushing the AB release up, we can consider releasing it concurrent with Dire Maul.  I don't really want to launch all three at once, call it personal retro bias if you want.  Again, the release schedule there isn't set in stone by any means, just a rough outline of what we're thinking.  It's not much of a topic for discussion at the moment anyhow, we're busy working on just getting things ready in the first place.

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Regarding PvP sets, here's the rationale:
1) On retail those sets came out with Naxxramas.  Even pushing them out at AQ time is way earlier than they were out on retail.

i think everyone recognized the sets were well beyond shit for majority of content and the update that came with naxx was way too late

there was a reason the sets were updated when they were on Nost

why would someone go r14 when the pre-update version of the 2 hand sword is worse than a 2 hander off the first raid boss in the entire game?

12 minutes ago, Mecher said:

i think everyone recognized the sets were well beyond shit for majority of content and the update that came with naxx was way too late

there was a reason the sets were updated when they were on Nost

why would someone go r14 when the pre-update version of the 2 hand sword is worse than a 2 hander off the first raid boss in the entire game?

r14 weapons will have updated stats at release. The rest of the gear will "hopefully" be updated in ZG patch.

Edited by surveillance