Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheFishyOne

Any Alliance guilds willing to try a Prot Pally?

'ey guys.

I was a Raidtankadin on Nost PvP, and was wondering if there are any Alliance guilds who would be willing to try something different here. I'm sure that with 1.12.1 having just turned ten, most of you slready know the ins and outs of non-War tanks and have already formed opinions one way or the other. Clearly, I'm not looking to join a server-firsts kind of guild, but I would be cool with even a casual raiding guild that would be willing to give Pallytanks a fair shake.

Also, pease no "lolprot" or "just roll a War" posts. Pallytanking is what I know and love, and I'm just not interested in naysayers telling me that I'm not viable to do things that I can and have done.

Edited by TheFishyOne
Corrected typos

Good luck. We can race to see who gets to tank the most raid bosses as a 'non viable' raid tank ;)

COME DOH DAH HORDE SIDE OF DAH FORCE.

WE GONNA EMBRACE UR TANK SHAMAN MAHFRIEND.

WE WON'T GIVAH UP FROM U.

Back on Nost, I tanked Hakkar a couple of times, once as OT and again as MT. Both kills were sloppy, but that was because Pallies make poor OTs in vanilla, and my Prot War OT didn't know that he needed to eat the MC for me (on nost, this fight had a very unblizzlike 1/3 aggro dump on whoever got MC'd).

Good luck, and I mean that. I would be curious to see what kind of tps a full consumable and properly geared Prot Pally could do on a MC boss. I imagine it would be quite good, but world buffs may benefit a warrior more- not sure.

One of the problems though is if Crestfall goes through with the pre-buffed gear, items like Deathbone are going to be trash (except chest). 

Two things:

1. LOL!

2. Darkrasp wrote extensively on this topic in another thread, and what I took away is that players will be able to get Holy resistance through certain spells, chants, and clickies, but everyone's (and everything's) base Holy resist will be 0.

I say go for it, i've raided in Nost PvE and the guild where i was at that time had a paladin off-tanking in MC, it works just don't get your hope high to be MT.
Warrior is definetly MT simply cus it works better for tanking in Vanilla.
Nothing personal, i love paladin tanking in dungeon tho, hmm i just love it =)

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Tankadin is possible if you use every consumable and buff aviable and have the perfect gearset. 
However you will still need to have a heal set ready and heal some bosses where you are not good at all.
You need a ret paladin in group to not suck.

Edited by Oliver

37 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Tankadin is possible if you use every consumable and buff aviable and have the perfect gearset. 
However you will still need to have a heal set ready and heal some bosses where you are not good at all.
You need a ret paladin in group to not suck.

wut...

another feenix fanboy claiming prot pally works in vanilla.

is this a Duki clone or a bad joke?

4 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

another feenix fanboy claiming prot pally works in vanilla.

is this a Duki clone or a bad joke?

It is possible if you really tryhard, it is WELL known that warrior is waaaay better but it is possible.
Offtank, not maintank.
In a semicasual guild you can actually play prot offtank, its a fact.
Stop being rude, read the post and come back later.
Worth the effort? Prob not.
Fair against the other 39 people making things abit harder for them? Prob not.
Possible? YES..

Edited by Oliver

sorry but feenix and prot pally were broken on so many levels.

you may want to save yourself the trouble of tanking on CF considering the difficulty scaling will be increased and nothing special to benefit pallies will go up in regards to tanking.

hope you enjoy getting 1 shot bro. gonna be a glorious day indeed.

oh and holy resistance. ;)

5 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

oh and holy resistance. ;)

V

56 minutes ago, Oliver said:

sorry but feenix and prot pally were broken on so many levels.

True, I can confirm that it worked on both nostalrius and kronos.

you may want to save yourself the trouble of tanking on CF considering the difficulty scaling will be increased and nothing special to benefit pallies will go up in regards to tanking.

hope you enjoy getting 1 shot bro. gonna be a glorious day indeed.

Also true, might not be possible on this server if they scale it too hard.

Read my edit on the post before this one.

Edited by Oliver

im not denying them for being unable to aggro up or something. but they cant tank raid bosses simply due to lack of proper gear. numbers dont lie. and if you are unable to MT in general, whats the point?

from a raidlead perspective I rather take a proper tank instead.

fine for some 5man fun.

and some private server vids dont prove anything in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Yakooki said:

im not denying them for being unable to aggro up or something. but they cant tank raid bosses simply due to lack of proper gear. numbers dont lie. and if you are unable to MT in general, whats the point?

from a raidlead perspective I rather take a proper tank instead.

fine for some 5man fun.

and some private server vids dont prove anything in my opinion.

Read the links and posts.

skimmed thru it, seems to agree with me.

simply zero benefits of carrying someone like that.

Edited by Yakooki

This is a bit of an old thread, but I want to let you know that if I'm starting a guild on CF, the idea will be freedom of spec (what a pun). If your spec makes sense in some way, it's enough. It can be Tankadins, Melee Hunters, Enhancement tanks, Arms PvE and so on.