Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MadeByRockets

Battlemasters

44 posts in this topic

So since you'll be releasing pvp/honor system later on, would the battle masters follow the 1.12 system. Talk to them and que up. Or will you make it more authentic by making people run to say ashenvale portal to que for WSG 

Would like devs and the communities thoughts on this if you're in favor for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind having the battlemasters removed until their actual patch release to promote WPvP around the WSG/AB/AV entrences, granted what I wouldn't mind is something others would :)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soyoen said:

I wouldn't mind having the battlemasters removed until their actual patch release to promote WPvP around the WSG/AB/AV entrences, granted what I wouldn't mind is something others would :)

Same for me, imagine the wpvp battles you'd have around the AV portals. Ally/horde raids in hammerfall and refugee point

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its better to never implement the battlemasters.

 

Its double anyway, you have portals and batltemasters... Battlemasters are just for comfortable... But i guess if u wanted to queuue up for AB and WSG u haave to travel a long distance^^

Would be nice without Battlemasters, new experience

Edited by Brikot
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally want the Battlemasters added later on, so many good memories around those BG portals. People dueling and chatting while waiting on pvp and sometimes wpvp. And priests would mind control NPCs, all kinds of silly and fun stuff!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heavily support queueing being possible only by traveling to Ashenvale/Hillsbrad Foothills/Arathi Highlands. It will add those unique moments of world pvp we havent experienced anywhere else!

In addition, it makes more sense, doesnt it? You go through the portal and eventually enter the battleground, and not constantly teleport here and there and back and forth.

Lets see how people react aswell, and perhaps we could keep it that way forever :D

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully support postponing addition of battlemasters, even not adding them at all :) Bloodbath is always enjoyable for me ;)

Edited by Mal Do'Urden
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully support the idea.  Fighting the enemy faction around the portals might make for a nice warmup ;)

There should be a poll for this IMO.

Edited by hussar
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On wowwiki, there was mentioning about the Battlemasters, that it would be easier to acces them. I think Battlemasters are one factor why world pvp died. I think this is the same as Looking for Dungeon tool to please the community for easy access.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portals will work for battleground queueing, but I'm not sure if battlemasters will be disabled when BGs are added.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally love not to have Battlemasters implemented at any given stage of Crestfall - it would be a completely new experince that hasn't been experinced before on any other vanilla private server which just by itself makes it interesting and appealing. It would also be a challenge, having to fly to Ashenvale or Durotar every time you want to PvP, not to mention the potential it has for World PvP - like someone already wrote in this thread, imagine Alliance / Horde clashes for AV! - WSG and AB for that matter as well. This would give some serious Nostalgia PvP feeling of Vanilla.

My personal opinion would be having Battlemasters for the PvE realm though - people that choose PvE servers are not fond of World PvP in the first place, while people choosing PvP servers are. Best of both worlds? :)

LOOOL.gif

^ Southshore moments before AV release, real recordings.

Edited by Zecov
7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing people that suggest not adding BG masters at all - I like that idea I stand behind that idea as well.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah, all the people queueing up for 1-2 bgs/night asking for no battle masters

realize how few alliance players are going to queue for wsg and how few horde are going to queue for ab because they are just so far away

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, people just need to move their lazy asses and there will be a lot of battleground activity going on, just like dungeons and raids ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And people could ask for group-queue in LFG Channel. Making it a legit regular ongoing thing in lfg chan

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battlemasters honestly take the fun away from traveling all over the world just to do BGs, please don't ever add them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

herp derPP no masterBattle ples (((

 

 

Seriously, get a grip.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who plan to play exclusively on the pve server or who dont plan to pvp for more than a few days a week should have absolutely no involvement in strictly pvp based decisions 

 

The fact that we wont have the honor system until whenever is more than enough tbh 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mecher said:

People who plan to play exclusively on the pve server or who dont plan to pvp for more than a few days a week should have absolutely no involvement in strictly pvp based decisions 

The fact that we wont have the honor system until whenever is more than enough tbh 

We can still PvP on the PvE server. People playing PvP a few days a week are still PvPing, it affects them as well and anyone who plans to PvP in any way should be able to have input on those decisions.

It astounds me how so many people advocate disenfranchising people because they don't share their opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Elicas said:

We can still PvP on the PvE server. People playing PvP a few days a week are still PvPing, it affects them as well and anyone who plans to PvP in any way should be able to have input on those decisions.

It astounds me how so many people advocate disenfranchising people because they don't share their opinion.

 

separate subforums for pve server pvp and pvp server pvp when

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Elicas said:

We can still PvP on the PvE server. People playing PvP a few days a week are still PvPing, it affects them as well and anyone who plans to PvP in any way should be able to have input on those decisions.

It astounds me how so many people advocate disenfranchising people because they don't share their opinion.

PvE server casual player wants to queue for WSG - Port to Darn, run unhindered through Ashenvale to the portal - Enter the portal because you aren't flagged, enter BG unflagged.

PvP server casual - Port to Darn, run through Ashenvale possibly getting killed by the horde players that are ranking because their queues are going to be 20+ minutes and they will be camping every single player in ashenvale as a large group, finally make it to portal only to realize that there is quite likely going to be a group of horde rankers waiting there to kill them aswell. Ghost run 1-3 times and finally queue for WSG, only to be instantly killed as soon as their WSG ends, by guess who? The horde rankers that killed them 1-3 times on the way in.

 

Use your brain.

 

ALSO - The horde WSG queue portal is in the barrens, uncontested territory. The alliance WSG queue portal is in contested ashenvale

 

 

all these problems, and for what? to say we are doing it because blizzard did it? not having battlemasters is just stupid

Edited by slipryyyy
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slipryyyy said:

PvE server casual player wants to queue for WSG - Port to Darn, run unhindered through Ashenvale to the portal - Enter the portal because you aren't flagged, enter BG unflagged.

PvP server casual - Port to Darn, run through Ashenvale possibly getting killed by the horde players that are ranking because their queues are going to be 20+ minutes and they will be camping every single player in ashenvale as a large group, finally make it to portal only to realize that there is quite likely going to be a group of horde rankers waiting there to kill them aswell. Ghost run 1-3 times and finally queue for WSG, only to be instantly killed as soon as their WSG ends, by guess who? The horde rankers that killed them 1-3 times on the way in.

 

Use your brain.

 

ALSO - The horde WSG queue portal is in the barrens, uncontested territory. The alliance WSG queue portal is in contested ashenvale

 

If you had bothered to read the thread you wouldn't find a post from me advocating the removal or permanent postponement of Battlemasters. I was merely commenting on the fact Mecher doesn't want those of us on the PvE server to have a say in the matter. Don't put words in my mouth thanks.

For the record, I'm pro battlemasters and pro capital city queueing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elicas said:

If you had bothered to read the thread you wouldn't find a post from me advocating the removal or permanent postponement of Battlemasters. I was merely commenting on the fact Mecher doesn't want those of us on the PvE server to have a say in the matter. Don't put words in my mouth thanks.

For the record, I'm pro battlemasters and pro capital city queueing.

Implying my entire post was a response to you.

I was merely pointing out the fact that playing on the PvE server having no battlemasters wouldn't even remotely hinder a player when compared to someone on a PvP server

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now