Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MadeByRockets

Battlemasters

44 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Elicas said:

If you had bothered to read the thread you wouldn't find a post from me advocating the removal or permanent postponement of Battlemasters. I was merely commenting on the fact Mecher doesn't want those of us on the PvE server to have a say in the matter. Don't put words in my mouth thanks.

For the record, I'm pro battlemasters and pro capital city queueing.

considering 99% of pve server players are going to be raidlogging after they all get their pre-raid bis and will otherwise be too busy kiting azuregos back and forth for weeks before one faction gives up i think it is entirely fair to say how they shouldnt have any involvement in decisions when it comes to matters that affect people that are actually going to to be ranking on the pvp server

there really needs to be a separate subforum for the pve and the pvp server as you really cant manage them the same way and keep everyones interests accounted for

2 minutes ago, slipryyyy said:

Implying my entire post was a response to you.

I was merely pointing out the fact that playing on the PvE server having no battlemasters wouldn't even remotely hinder a player when compared to someone on a PvP server

Fair enough, though the way you quoted and the fact their was no break point implied that it was directed at me. I wont argue the point though, unusually we're on the same side here.

Just now, Mecher said:

considering 99% of pve server players are going to be raidlogging after they all get their pre-raid bis and will otherwise be too busy kiting azuregos back and forth for weeks before one faction gives up i think it is entirely fair to say how they shouldnt have any involvement in decisions when it comes to matters that affect people that are actually going to to be ranking on the pvp server

there really needs to be a separate subforum for the pve and the pvp server as you really cant manage them the same way and keep everyones interests accounted for

I've been agitating for separating the forum properly for a while. All they need to do is move the Class forum into the community section and then clone the forums exactly, bam, instant PvE and PvP server forums set up fine. They wasn't going to do it until they had a name for the PvE server though, I've been prodding Crogge and Asura on it but no real response thus far.

I do remember Darkrasp saying they were going to keep the servers identical other than the PvP/PvE designation though, so however it is set up for the PvP server will still affect us, therefore we should still get some input on the decision.

Edited by Elicas

28 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I've been agitating for separating the forum properly for a while. All they need to do is move the Class forum into the community section and then clone the forums exactly, bam, instant PvE and PvP server forums set up fine. They wasn't going to do it until they had a name for the PvE server though, I've been prodding Crogge and Asura on it but no real response thus far.

I do remember Darkrasp saying they were going to keep the servers identical other than the PvP/PvE designation though, so however it is set up for the PvP server will still affect us, therefore we should still get some input on the decision.

Absolutely 100% agree on this point. They can even put a placeholder on the PvE realm until they have a name for it. As soon as we get into Beta the guild recruitment threads will kick off so a further division on horde/alliance will be required. Personally I'm puzzled why this hasn't taken place already.

The way Ciar, Mecher and Slipryyyy respond to people with different opinions than themselves, is making me wish that the devs of this upcoming server, will be keeping people accountable for their forum activity on their game accounts. Repressing free speech to keep away people who lack empathy and clearly don't know how to behave themselves is something that I think would be a boon for the majority. Likewise I think the majority of the people looking to play here, do so to find escapism from w/e they're otherwise doing with their lives. 

Yes this is the internet, yes people are more likely to be mean when they're anonymous. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to make things better.

2 hours ago, Anotherkindofgood said:

The way Ciar, Mecher and Slipryyyy respond to people with different opinions than themselves, is making me wish that the devs of this upcoming server, will be keeping people accountable for their forum activity on their game accounts. Repressing free speech to keep away people who lack empathy and clearly don't know how to behave themselves is something that I think would be a boon for the majority. Likewise I think the majority of the people looking to play here, do so to find escapism from w/e they're otherwise doing with their lives. 

Yes this is the internet, yes people are more likely to be mean when they're anonymous. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to make things better.

wew

there's shitposting and then there's shitposting

all depends on the day )

also lack of pvp forum activity

On 8/21/2016 at 11:58 AM, slipryyyy said:

PvP server casual - Port to Darn, run through Ashenvale possibly getting killed by the horde players that are ranking because their queues are going to be 20+ minutes and they will be camping every single player in ashenvale as a large group, finally make it to portal only to realize that there is quite likely going to be a group of horde rankers waiting there to kill them aswell. Ghost run 1-3 times and finally queue for WSG, only to be instantly killed as soon as their WSG ends, by guess who? The horde rankers that killed them 1-3 times on the way in.

But that's what the whole thing of removing battlemasters is about: Making open world PvP more active and create exciting, joyful and memorable experiences. I'm quite surprised in fact that you're saying this because back in Nostalrius you used to take it to the extreme and post on the forums all day about your victories http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38373&hilit=hello+shitstate Imagine if there were no battlemasters, you can do the same thing to the opposite faction but this time outside battlegrounds and come post on the forums while other people enjoy their time.

IMO having huge battles out in the open-world constantly is more exciting than sitting in a capital city waiting for queue to pop up.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:58 AM, slipryyyy said:

PvE server casual player wants to queue for WSG - Port to Darn, run unhindered through Ashenvale to the portal - Enter the portal because you aren't flagged, enter BG unflagged.

PvP server casual - Port to Darn, run through Ashenvale possibly getting killed by the horde players that are ranking because their queues are going to be 20+ minutes and they will be camping every single player in ashenvale as a large group, finally make it to portal only to realize that there is quite likely going to be a group of horde rankers waiting there to kill them aswell. Ghost run 1-3 times and finally queue for WSG, only to be instantly killed as soon as their WSG ends, by guess who? The horde rankers that killed them 1-3 times on the way in.

well the alliance could just overpower them by having greater numbers at the portal(but would they?), and as well they could fly to stonetalon peak from darn then run through the tunnel to ashenvale, arriving next to the lake

it could cause very much world pvp

Edited by Aquane

11 hours ago, Rhazjel said:

IMO having huge battles out in the open-world constantly is more exciting than sitting in a capital city waiting for queue to pop up.

How it's going to turn out in practice: Everyone will get shit on by the hardcore pvpers/rankers every step of the way, get corpsed at the portal and the amount of tears on the forums to fix it will be innumerable.

They will be crying to add the battlemasters back so they can at least que for pvp without getting dumped on, and once they get into a game (AB, WSG) they will get shit on again by the people who just killed them outside. (Or in a rare case pug v pug game w/e)

Don't need a crystal ball to forecast this outcome.

8 minutes ago, Ciar said:

How it's going to turn out in practice: Everyone will get shit on by the hardcore pvpers/rankers every step of the way, get corpsed at the portal and the amount of tears on the forums to fix it will be innumerable.

They will be crying to add the battlemasters back so they can at least que for pvp without getting dumped on, and once they get into a game (AB, WSG) they will get shit on again by the people who just killed them outside. (Or in a rare case pug v pug game w/e)

Don't need a crystal ball to forecast this outcome.

Surely, anyone crying in that situation should have rolled on the PvE server. After all, every PvE vs PvP thread that ever pops up is full of people saying that PvPers are more skilled, manly and that those of us on the PvE server are the crybabies who can't handle world PvP!

I'd be shocked to see anyone complaining about world PvP on the PvP server! Shocked!

/s

Just now, Elicas said:

Surely, anyone crying in that situation should have rolled on the PvE server. After all, every PvE vs PvP thread that ever pops up is full of people saying that PvPers are more skilled, manly and that those of us on the PvE server are the crybabies who can't handle world PvP!

I'd be shocked to see anyone complaining about world PvP on the PvP server! Shocked!

/s

I don't know if your post was to demean me or just a jab at the general populace of the pvp servers, either way since you really didn't contribute all that much to the discussion I'll explain a bit further.

By leaving the battlemasters in we're just removing that extra step of dev time required to re-add them once the outburst of crybabies has been unleashed. 

And most likely said crybabies who will inhabit the pvp server don't even know of these forums or don't post/read them; they're the casual player who find out about the server in an Alexensual video or something.

The first forum post they'll make is the one to petition for a change to add batltemasters after they've been abused at the pvp portal.

Here's a bright idea so the pve lads can enjoy the game too; if they do indeed remove the battlemasters; make the zones with the BG portals instantly hostile, auto-flag territories; just like a pvp server would be, surely since you're about to queue for pvp, you don't mind some pvp outside either.

And as a final notice, tbh I'm content either way, in or out, the outcome will be the same in the end.

Certainly wasn't a personal jab at you mate, just poking a bit of fun at the PvP community after all these years of "Git gud fgt" or generally being labelled a crybaby for playing on PvE, then finding a post from PvPers talking about people crying about World PvP was rather humorous! ;)

Takes me back to the AQ opening event that I experienced on another server. A massive aoe fest with alliance outnumbering horde and thus camping the less populated faction. Pretty sure it will end up just like that or like Nesingwary's on nostalrius.

Edited by Svensson
spelling

Nostalrius Nessingwary's camp was fun. I mean sure, getting ganked sometimes by undead rogue #5387 and being unable to complete quests was annoying but I also had a great time fighting other level 30-40s with my partners. Heck, even at level 60 I had a blast in STV and other low level zones killing all the gankers to help out my friend who was leveling.

I doubt Kul Tiras will have faction imbalance, AQ opening will be pretty fun in there :D 

Edited by Rhazjel

It seems im opposed to almost everyone here :( I like the idea of battlemasters and im not super keen on the idea of no honour system at launch :/

Just wanna get my teeth stuck into the guild yknow?

No battle masters forever on PvP server please. Let us bathe in the glory that is vanilla wpvp. Meet people, go on adventures, battle your enemies, fall in love with your enemies, betray your friends, kill everyone, save someone..etc.

Why do people still like sitting in city queueing so much? You could play retail if insta teleport q is your thing, or just get a repetitive job in real life so you can do the same thing constantly in a closed area(instance or BG).

I would prefer not having any battlemasters at all.  All the "new" features like battlemasters, dungeonfinder etc. destroy any openworld interaction

Removing battlemasters from the game would be awesome! It should be a part of the "everything pre-nerf" agenda that drags so many of us to private server projects.:)

I do think that removing the battlemasters would certainly make for a more fun and authentic experience. Not only is it far more realistic to actually ride to the battlegrounds themselves, but the exclusion of battlemasters would set Crestfall apart from the rest of the vanilla servers even more. The past three servers I've played on fell to the players just afking on the battlemasters queue-to-queue; even AV befell the same fate.

I distinctly remember hundreds of people gathering around the AV portal entrance the first time it happened. Having all those players congregate in one area for the same goal of slaughtering the other faction quickly leads to wars and epic battles, especially in Hillsbrad. Battlemasters take away a lot of that fun, and the older the server gets, the less people feel like traveling more than a minute to queue up for a battleground. 

However I do understand where the want for battlemasters comes from. But, in my opinion, having none would greatly contribute to the RPG aspect of the game, as well as immerse players further into their own world.