Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gruff

Fear the DOTs!

I was sure I'm going to play someone less corrupted and capable of healing, but I think I'm going warlock as well  : D

Played a lock on Kronos, they were always under represented for some reason there.

I dived into a lot of vanilla raiding reading, and there's reasons why there aren't many warlocks in the raiding scene.... t.t I don't know if I want to make 40 candies every time we raid.

2 hours ago, myrnym said:

I dived into a lot of vanilla raiding reading, and there's reasons why there aren't many warlocks in the raiding scene.... t.t I don't know if I want to make 40 candies every time we raid.

Just 40?

Trust me, from experience, it is not unusual to be heading into every raid with a minimum of 100 shards, especially if you want to min max your damage output.

8 hours ago, Elicas said:

Just 40?

Trust me, from experience, it is not unusual to be heading into every raid with a minimum of 100 shards, especially if you want to min max your damage output.

Candies are healthstones, you goose.

2 minutes ago, myrnym said:

Candies are healthstones, you goose.

Aye, 40 don't last a whole raid though, not even close ;)

By the time Naxx rolls around, most top guilds will have mandatory Warlock alts and be using 200+ soulstones/Healthstones a night.

Things like Loatheb use 40 per try.

19 minutes ago, Elicas said:

By the time Naxx rolls around, most top guilds will have mandatory Warlock alts and be using 200+ soulstones/Healthstones a night.

Things like Loatheb use 40 per try.

As long as they're alts, because we won't even have 200 bag slots in vanilla.

I thought that trick was more about full soulstones, though? Otherwise you wouldn't need one warlock per raider.

Also also, soulstones don't have much to do with 'maximum dps' as a lock, given that threat is the real throttler. Having a bunch for more candy, dark candy, and demon candy is necessary, though.

12 hours ago, myrnym said:

As long as they're alts, because we won't even have 200 bag slots in vanilla.

I thought that trick was more about full soulstones, though? Otherwise you wouldn't need one warlock per raider.

Also also, soulstones don't have much to do with 'maximum dps' as a lock, given that threat is the real throttler. Having a bunch for more candy, dark candy, and demon candy is necessary, though.

It is more about full soulstones, but it's simply a time thing. At the same time as getting a soulstone, get a healthstone from the same alt, cuts the down time in half. Down time in rebuffing can easily make up half a raids time slot in a disorganised guild on a wipe night learning a new progression boss. Eliminating down time is one of the easiest ways to transition from 'raid guild' to 'hardcore raid guild', you don't need to necessarily put more time in, but you need to use your time more wisely. It's similar with the trash skipping in MC that allows you to do sub one hour MC runs.

I mentioned having shards if you want to min max your damage output. You can usually use multiple Shadowburn on each boss, depending on the shard situation and how long it takes you to waste the boss.

Warlock here, for sure. I have already a 60 lock on Kronos2 and I am testing another one by leveling as destro. Being playing warlock for 11 years now. I hope we have nice talks in these forums and in the game when it launches. 

PS I hope guilds are now educated enough to know that even one shadow priest can boost warlocks (therefore raid damage) tremendously. 

Edited by kikeron

7 hours ago, kikeron said:

Warlock here, for sure. I have already a 60 lock on Kronos2 and I am testing another one by leveling as destro. Being playing warlock for 11 years now. I hope we have nice talks in these forums and in the game when it launches. 

PS I hope guilds are now educated enough to know that even one shadow priest can boost warlocks (therefore raid damage) tremendously. 

All hail the shadow priests!

Finding a shadow priest isn't a problem on Pservers, usually the issue is half the priests on the server want to run shadow and quit when they're stuck as healbots because you only need one per raid...

Actually holy priests buff warlocks more than shadow priests - especially if warlocks play as @Elicas, because dead warlock from lifetap is 0 dps :D.

Edited by Joyman

23 hours ago, Joyman said:

Actually holy priests buff warlocks more than shadow priests - especially if warlocks play as @Elicas, because dead warlock from lifetap is 0 dps :D.

Lies and slander, never once have I lifetapped to ~100hp before casting hellfire...

On 19/04/2016 at 8:27 PM, Gruff said:

Warlock main, hopefully not alone.

You are not alone ! ;)

Aaayyy!! I haven't been on the forums in a while, glad to see the warlocks slowly roll in :D

mine as well, warlock will always be my main. And I'm new to Crestfall btw,hello to all counsel members and I must admit that I can't wait for server release :D

Warlock Main checking in!

100 shards, that's a lot of shards... agree that shadow burn is mandatory for increasing dps. I guess I hadn't thought about the sheer number I'd need. I didn't raid too much MC but vaguely recall there wasn't a lot of trash about. I guess I have to save them for bosses and farm them up during the trash. 

A question, never played warlock in vanilla and want to know - does soul shards disappear when you log out like conjured food from mages?

No, shards don't dissapear, they are not conjured they are drops. 

Healthstone, firestone, soulstone are conjured and do dissapear. 

I always enjoy turning other players into soulshards (queue evil laugh!)