Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolfrig

Alliance Warlock

26 posts in this topic

I like Alliance, and I want to play a lock. Am I doomed in PvP cause of all the Undead or is WotF a bit overrated?

Will of the Forsaken only negates fear / sleep / charm.  As a warlock  you will have death coil and howl of terror for cc during its uptime.  Also the amount of damage a warlock can dish out is insane and for that alone they are very viable.

I'd rather choose my race depending on the racial active ability, the gnome int bonus is some 15, 20 more int, but their Escape Artist seems nice - removes all slows and roots, and only 1 minute CD, I guess it is better than perception.

If you are going to play alliance warlock, pick gnome. It has the best racials for warlock alliance side both PvE and PvP.

And which classes give warlock most problems in PvP?

I've never played warlock, but perhaps a rogue or warrior?  maybe hunters?

On 2016-04-22 at 1:25 AM, Wolfrig said:

And which classes give warlock most problems in PvP?

Rogue is the biggest problem for warlocks.

Depends at the gear level as well. A Warrior in MC gear with a good 2 hander can 2-3 shot a lock in equivalent ilvl gear.

On 4/24/2016 at 9:58 AM, Elicas said:

Depends at the gear level as well. A Warrior in MC gear with a good 2 hander can 2-3 shot a lock in equivalent ilvl gear.

depends depends, a warlock can outplay warriors and if coil is ready they can go down quite fast (1v1)

On 4/24/2016 at 2:47 AM, Daribon said:

Rogue is the biggest problem for warlocks.

Rogues can quite easily combo a warlock down yes but if they are caught in a fear its pretty much over for the rogue.. (i did play horde on nost tho)

IMO a mage with block and snap ready is extremely hard to deal with and when comparing abilities and cool downs its pretty clear who should be the victor (again 1v1 but also relying on both players has decent understanding of the game)

EDIT: oh shit.. sorry for the necro

Edited by Haps
Apology

Humans Perception should not be undervalued and the 10% rep gain is excellent for PvE.

Escape Artist is good but their biggest (ha-ha) strength, is to be able to hide in bushes and attack from 'stealth'.

You're not doomed by WOTF; it has a few counters you can utilize as a warlock:

• Death Coil
  • Grenades
  • Tidal Charm
  • Goblin Rocket Helmet
  • Inferal summoning stun
  • ...Having 10,000 effective health

Note that howl of terror will not save you from WOTF. It has a 2 second cast time in vanilla, and is considered a fear effect, which means WOTF will immunize a player from it.

In my experience, if you're playing soul link spec, the only classes that will generally give you any trouble as a warlock are other soul link warlocks and well-geared rogues. Naturally, there are always exceptional players, and an exceptional player of any class may provide a challenge...

Warriors, by themselves, are not a problem for Warlocks as long as death coil is up. When they have healers or your DC is on cooldown is when they become a problem. Rogues are your biggest threat.

On 20.4.2016 at 10:13 AM, Elicas said:

Choose Gnome for the extra int as well ;)

Choose a gnome for their racial. Warlocks don't really depend on intellect that much. With the racial and the insignia gnome warlocks can remove any CC they could be affected of.

On 24.4.2016 at 9:58 AM, Elicas said:

A geared Soul Link warlock might not be that easy to kill. They are incredibly tanky.

Here is a 6K HP SL + demo lock with 40% reduced damage. Sarrik was considered one the best geared/skilled on feenix. Couldn't even take down a Tier 2 warlock. 

5 hours ago, fruitsalad said:

Choose a gnome for their racial. Warlocks don't really depend on intellect that much. With the racial and the insignia gnome warlocks can remove any CC they could be affected of.

When it comes to mix-maxing a caster for PvE DPS, it's pretty much the only variable to take account of.

11 hours ago, Elicas said:

When it comes to mix-maxing a caster for PvE DPS, it's pretty much the only variable to take account of.

Well, yea in this case you don't benefit from Escape Artist that much.

Edited by fruitsalad

Back when I played paladin I was constantly bopping Warlocks. As soon as melee cant hit them they'll obliterate everything! ^_^

SL, SL was considered the best for pvp. 

Personally i pvp' d as affliction. 

My demon of choice was usually succubus. That extra charm was always always worth it. I'd solo hold the flag at lumber mill. I was undead though. 

With CF, I want to roll ally though... I really like human. I don't really want to play as a gnome... /cry

human benefit is +10% to faction and a bit of spirit. That +10% will really help to get exalted with the league. The more time I can save on doing repgrinds, the more time I can spend doing other stuff. That is a big advantage imo. 

Given I'll be on pve the only time I'll see pvp is in battlegrounds

On 11/7/2016 at 1:29 AM, Aremdor said:

Soul Link = Win :D

Shaman purge. Oddly don't see a ton of intelligent shamans out there but they do exist. This can be countered by draining their mana as best as possible but surviving the OMG elemental shaman burst is the key. Typically though it's about the shaman timing purge on SL (the pet) while another class takes out the warlock. Interesting juggle of strategy if 1v1. They can also counter warlock cc.

Alliance warlock players constantly worry about forsaken fear immunity while forgetting there is another reasonable counter to warlock with the shaman, that horde warlocks do not have to face.

Edited by Tamanous

Is purge supposed to be able to affect soul link or is it a private server bug?

Purge is intended to be able to affect soul link but only if you target the warlock's pet with purge. It works this way on most private servers I have played on.