Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whitepanda

Alexensual preview on Crestfall

55 posts in this topic
Just now, Aquane said:

what about donating for obtainable mounts?

Won't happen.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:07 PM, Alexensual said:

Not a bad video Alex

I hope you start streaming again so I can kill you a few more time ;)

Flip - Flop - Flip - Flop - Flip?

sZtbLJ6.png

Flop.

Edited by Roadblock

3 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Flip - Flop - Flip - Flop - Flip?

sZtbLJ6.png

Flop.

Yeah,  as I said I thought he was a bit harsh. Having said that the response on this thread to him could have been more congenial.. 

Edited by Outstanding

Yeah you people are ridiculous. It was just me saying don't get too hyped for something that we haven't seen yet. Not bashing Crestfall at all. 

8 minutes ago, Alexensual said:

Yeah you people are ridiculous. It was just me saying don't get too hyped for something that we haven't seen yet. Not bashing Crestfall at all. 

people tend to get over sensitive when it comes to private servers :S

11 minutes ago, valaquenta said:

people tend to get over sensitive when it comes to private servers :S

No kidding :3

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

1 minute ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

No kidding :3

My friends used to call me captain obvious before it was cool

Edited by valaquenta

If you had actually quit when you had your temper tantrum the other week and announced you was quitting making videos, because you were too famous and couldn't take the pressure any more, you wouldn't actually have got any hate over the last few days.

#justsaying

You're missing the part where I don't care if people hate me or not, that's what people like you misunderstand. 

Well, i've been following alexensual for over an year, and it's actually thanks to him if i'm here ( as lot of people actually ). I wouldn't criticize him, as he just promote new servers trying to spread the word for players like me that after nostalrius don't know where to play. By saying that, I'm really happy about seeing him on this project, and I have to thank you man for the advertising you gave to the server with the video you made.

Amenti

20 hours ago, Elicas said:

Sure bro. Watch out for those hunters on Elysium. ;)

Come on, you're reopening old wounds :D

Edited by valaquenta

The thread is quickly turning into a "Bash Alexsensual" thread.  If the conversation isn't steered in a more productive direction, the thread will be locked.

man, these people get triggered fast. I wonder how they deal with negative feedback irl, would they also start calling ppl out for their messy hair, or how they missed that penalty last season?

sad at best xD

Thanks for the video, Alex. 

There are very few people who put in the effort to create content for private servers. The excessive bashing is so unnecessary. Sure, he isn't the most impartial person in his videos, but if you don't like it please do offer something better for the audience instead of bad-mouthing the one guy creating stuff at every opportunity.

This is pretty much only a good thing. Why are you guys bashing him so hard? People watch his videos, and it's good to have information summed up somewhere.

On 8/27/2016 at 5:11 PM, Amenti said:

Well, i've been following alexensual for over an year, and it's actually thanks to him if i'm here ( as lot of people actually ). I wouldn't criticize him, as he just promote new servers trying to spread the word for players like me that after nostalrius don't know where to play. By saying that, I'm really happy about seeing him on this project, and I have to thank you man for the advertising you gave to the server with the video you made.

Amenti

Same here, i would not have found Crestfall if it was not for Alexensual, and like you said, its probably the same for many others. :) 

On 2016-08-22 at 5:30 AM, Darkrasp said:

Nostalrius staff who have joined are in fact support staff, not devs or admins.

Pretty sure we're launching with Maraudon, not Dire Maul though.

Itemization won't be exactly Blizzlike (too much work), but it'll be a reasonable compromise.

A lot more than 3 months real time of work had gone into CF, but he's correct in substance.  This was just a hobby project for us until fairly recently.  We've put more effort into this in the last year than the previous four combined.

Two accounts per IP is also not a firm plan, more of an example of ways to combat multiboxing.  We're not 100% certain what that's going to look like yet, but we're not ruling out an IP cap.

Our clustering is nothing like Nostalrius' clustering.  Their planned implementation was a system much closer to "phasing".  We actually separate continents and instances onto separate physical machines, and have a realmserver than handles communication between them.  Nobody else does that (Edit:  except Blizzard).

Cross server battlegrounds are an interesting function.  Normally you have all these Worldservers (EK, Kalimdor and Instances) that talk to each other through a single Realmserver.  Multiple Worldservers, one Realmserver.  If you do cross server battlegrounds, you have to create a Battleground server which can talk to multiple Realmservers simultaneously.  We will have to build an entirely new executable to do that.  A lot of it is cut and paste, obviously, but there is enough new functionality in there to make it a fairly big job.  We can do it, of course, but we don't want to push back release for it, especially if the BG queues are pretty good anyways and it isn't necessary.  It's something we'll look at adding post-launch if the queues start to be a problem.

Gold membership is a concept, not a plan.  We have no solid decisions on what the donation shop will look like ATM, except that it won't stock gameplay-affecting items.

I think that's all the potential misinformation cleared up.  I may have missed one or two things but the majority of what he said was correct.

Good info and im glad its not devs fom nostl. 

A question about donations. I wan't to donate to project but i dont want anything back is that possible?