Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Whitepanda

Inside this post is what made me love nostalrius so mutch and been craving this experience again ever since the shutdown.

30 posts in this topic

So this is why i miss Nostalrius, the huge population that made world pvp so mutch fun! I hope this will happen again with no Battlemasters in the major citys and more! (You dont really see this on Kronos even with 3k+ population)

Enjoy the few Clips that i could find that shows you why Nostalrius was great to me! :) 

rest in peace nostalrius...

Edited by Whitepanda

35 minutes ago, Whitepanda said:

So this is why i miss Nostalrius, the huge population that made world pvp so mutch fun! I hope this will happen again with no Battlemasters in the major citys and more! (You dont really see this on Kronos even with 3k+ population)

Enjoy the few Clips that i could find that shows you why Nostalrius was great to me! :) 

rest in peace nostalrius...

this is my video that was features on nostalrius facebook page.  im the greatest, this video brought probably 2000 active players to the server.  thank me later

But in the end, they knew they were hosting an "illegal" Server, got a "warning" from Blizz (every fucking server got this) shut it down and leave the community alone......well done.

Great clips!! I think I see a noob ne male warrior in there

Edited by Zetox

j5mVMOL.png

HPHJJAV.png

I liked this part. Also that was the only part I remember, aside from an infernal raping Goldshire (that was fun) as I only reached level 11 before they decided to shut it down.

all these pics and videos are so bittersweet. Wish I had found Nost before it got funked. RIP

On 2016-08-25 at 9:46 PM, hypemachine said:

all these pics and videos are so bittersweet. Wish I had found Nost before it got funked. RIP

You sure missed something m8

I'm glad i had the chance to play on Nost PvE for like 4-5 months before everything was shut down

This looks absolutely horrible imo. Way too many people. Im so glad they will have a cap on Crestfall xD

Wonder with the new announcement that we might experience these stuff again?

11 minutes ago, Whitepanda said:

Yeah, what else would it be?

1 hour ago, Whitepanda said:

People miss Nostalrius for a reason. Golden days. But do people miss it for how the Nostalrius team handled problems and how "blizzlike" and "bug-free" their servers were? How their staff "never" did any shady stuff? Not so much. It turned out to be so great due to its popularity, its community and how big it was. All thanks to the hype that had built up. Everyone was playing on Nostalrius.

Now I do believe that on the technical part Crestfall will overcome Nostalrius. Quite heavily. What can take Crestfall to the level of Nostalrius? Players, fans. In its time everyone was talking about Nostalrius. It was the one "big thing". In my opinion, Crestfall can achieve that aswell. It has the technical professionalism to back it up. It all comes down to whether it builds up the hype and popularity or not. Will it be just as well-known? Potentionally. We need to tell the people of the internet about it. When beta is out it is us that need to start spreading the word. Just watch out to not create a bad reputation.

To sum up:

Crestfall team handles the technical part, we need to take care of it being well-known. Talk about Crestfall when beta is out, spread the word and it could turn out just as good.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Clavus
Typo

You make the "community"/"population" factor sound as its not the biggest part of this version of the game. However, it is this factor that determines the success of any ambitious vanilla private server. Sure nost was buggy, especially around the post-release period, but this was (ofcourse) due to kronos 1 release  -they had to release before k1 . They got there first, they had pretty good video ads and compared to other private servers, the staff was really professional. What more could someone ask? And even if you find any of the latter flawed, you certainly have to recognize the fact that even if you got the super-duper scripting/pathing/ GM service, you name it, at the end of the day, its the pop that makes vanilla...well, vanilla. And remember, we are talking (yea it might sound "grandiose") in a post-nost time for the private server community. They just raised the ceiling so damn high that they are now a point of reference. I personally find it healthy ( and inevitable tbh) for nost to always come up in a really promising project like this. 

PS.- There is no such thing as "bug free" in the private server development. And it really doesnt have to be. Unless you (everyone, not you specificly) are one of those guys who just "waits in a corner" ,like a sniper, for the first mini-bug to go start bitching on reddit. For me atleast, the main problem is how can a promising, well-scripted and hyped server get rid of the toxic, bottom-tier and racist idiots, like those that have flooded K2.

Edited by Kappapride

12 minutes ago, Kappapride said:

You make the "community"/"population" factor sound as its not the biggest part of this version of the game. However, it is this factor that determines the success of any ambitious vanilla private server. Sure nost was buggy, especially around the post-release period, but this was (ofcourse) due to kronos 1 release  -they had to release before k1 . They got there first, they had pretty good video ads and compared to other private servers, the staff was really professional. What more could someone ask? And even if you find any of the latter flawed, you certainly have to recognize the fact that even if you got the super-duper scripting/pathing/ GM service, you name it, at the end of the day, its the pop that makes vanilla...well, vanilla.

I think either you've misunderstood me or I have misunderstood you. I completely agree that the community is what makes Vanilla. I tried to emphasize that thought. Maybe I failed.

"It turned out to be so great due to its popularity, its community and how big it was. All thanks to the hype that had built up. Everyone was playing on Nostalrius."

"What can take Crestfall to the level of Nostalrius? Players, fans."

"Talk about Crestfall when beta is out, spread the word and it could turn out just as good."

On 8/22/2016 at 2:12 AM, Whitepanda said:

(You dont really see this on Kronos even with 3k+ population)

I hope you realise Kronos doesn't really get those numbers anymore, they haven't for a while even.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

On 9/19/2016 at 6:46 PM, loonbg said:

good old time... =[ Kronos is like empty place with hes 3k pop

I've been on rebirth since nost closed and the pop peaks at less than 250, now that's empty