Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VeloxBanks

Alliance WPVP guild

51 posts in this topic

@VeloxBanks keep recruiting ppl, cause soon you will hear from the mountains: F O R T H E H O R D E

xD i'm the same as you, on opposite faction. Will learn over time, will find some guild friendly enough to teach me some things about PvP / Ranks and join in WPvP.

But in the beginning i'll keep doing the same as always, solo pve / grind level / profession [herbalism/alchemy], cause I have  a lot of fun doing this (yeah, i'm a bit retarded i guess :~ love to kill some monters, help some people, craft some potions hehe).

:D CF will bring some good times for all of us, in different ways.

I do not know if it means something in the grand scheme of things but if you would accept my pledge of loyalty, I shall be your force of reckoning. And if not, well, I plan to do a lot of WPVP nevertheless, so we might as well meat each other in the end :) May Elune light your path!

14 minutes ago, Mal Do'Urden said:

I do not know if it means something in the grand scheme of things but if you would accept my pledge of loyalty, I shall be your force of reckoning. And if not, well, I plan to do a lot of WPVP nevertheless, so we might as well meat each other in the end :) May Elune light your path!

I'd be more than happy to have you by my side!

The grand scheme is to unite people, be it by recruiting them to my guild or encouraging them to start their own/join someone else's in order to better combat the enemy. WPVP will still happen even if the Alliance forces are scattered and un-organized. Of course, I'm not saying I will be able to unite and organize them, but at I'll try at least. As for the Horde, I'm sure Simonich will do a great job as he has before. 

Congratulations on being my first recruit! Eh... not as exciting when the guild doesn't even have a name yet, huh? 

I'm down but I'm only joining for your video game taste and the fact I love PvP. Not every day you see somebody who likes Planescape. Will you do raiding? Also, I'm def rolling h rogue/g mage so make room for one.

3 minutes ago, Jace said:

I'm down but I'm only joining for your video game taste and the fact I love PvP. Not every day you see somebody who likes Planescape. Will you do raiding? Also, I'm def rolling h rogue/g mage so make room for one.

Yes, the guild will do raids. It'll be my first time raiding so I'm not sure if I'll be organizing any raids myself, but nontheless I'll be looking into a ways to make it work. As I said, we need to get gear somehow. 

Speaking of classes I just remembered something that might be good to clarify...

I kinda doubt we'll ever "run out of room" for a certain class. Yes, if a class starts to make up a big portion of the guild I'll maybe I'll put up a notice that we're not looking for that class at the moment. I doubt or at least hope that we won't get to that point. At the very least when the guild is first made there'll be room for all classes.

The other thing I want to mention is min-maxing. Whether it's for PVE or PVP it will not be a requirement. I strongly beleive that people should play the race/class combo they want. If they want to play a gnome mage because of the superior racial or human mage because they simply want to be a human mage, that's all perfectly fine. 

Anyway, I'm glad you're interested! 

DON'T TRUST THE SKULL

It's always the same thing, and it makes me sad : a lot of alliance players are like "i just want to pve, fuck pvp", i don't know where this mentality comes from. Truth is, i love the alliance faction just for the lore, but i'd rather be able to invade capitals regularly, and it looks like i'll have to be horde to do that : horde players invade, alliance players defend.

Sigh.

nb : and yet, alliance premades are the superior entity of vanilla in pvp, go figure.

Edited by valaquenta

1 minute ago, valaquenta said:

It's always the same thing, and it makes me sad : a lot of alliance players are like "i just want to pve, fuck pvp", i don't know where this mentality comes from. Truth is, i love the alliance faction just for the lore, but i'd rather be able to invade capitals regularly, and it looks like i'll have to be horde to do that : horde players invade, alliance players defend.

Sigh.

That's what I'll try to change. I don't have much of a reason to think I'll succeed but I have even less reasons to not try.

1 minute ago, VeloxBanks said:

That's what I'll try to change. I don't have much of a reason to think I'll succeed but I have even less reasons to not try.

Yeah i know, thank you for trying. Things could get significantly better if big pvpers lilke Monkey News try to roll on Crestfall (that's just an example). We shall see

I would be the aggressor whether I would play horde(will never happen but still) or Alliance. I was always little ashamed of some Alliance players who don't take arms against the enemy but passively watch as their ally dies or some area is being occupied by horde scum.

I guess some players do not emerge themselves so much into to the world and want to just reach lvl 60 asap while not caring too much what's happening around them. Its understandable of course, "why would I want to bother with some petty wars between players when it just slows down my progress." For me reaching max level asap was never a primary goal. It was always about the journey, whether it takes 2 weeks or 2 months, I really don't care. Eh..I guess we are just too different people...

P.S. Its always nice to see a Planescape Torment reference, warms my heart :) 

Edited by Mal Do'Urden

I don't care that you lack the experience, it is the will to do this that matters. I'm thinking about rolling Alliance, and seeing that Horde will be much more organized and inspired in World PvP ( @Simonich looking at you, sir), I'll be glad to join your guild and try to challenge the Horde WPvP-ers. 

I know it's in its infancy at this point, but would this be an NA or an EU guild? I'm always lookin' for a good WPVP guild. Hard to find enough time to get leveled fast, geared up, and raid at this point in my life, but WPVP can be enjoyed after only a few hours of play and never gets old. 

42 minutes ago, Papavicks said:

I know it's in its infancy at this point, but would this be an NA or an EU guild? I'm always lookin' for a good WPVP guild. Hard to find enough time to get leveled fast, geared up, and raid at this point in my life, but WPVP can be enjoyed after only a few hours of play and never gets old. 

It'll be an EU guild. 

Sounds good so far, keep us updated.

Once you have a decently sized guild it's worth setting up a discord or teamspeak server for voice communication, as well as a guild website using enjin, shivtr or something similar. They offer templates so you can make one pretty easily, also both of these features will only help in getting more players to join.

I had an inexperienced GM on a previous server, the biggest issue wasn't his actual lack of experience as much as his stubbornness was so it's not the end of the world.

Reminds of an Alliance guild on my first Vanilla realm - all Gnomes or Dwarves, except for NE Druids. Small groups of terror in WPvP and later on BGs. I like the idea.

On August 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM, VeloxBanks said:

As you may have guessed by the title I'm thinking of starting a WPVP guild Alliance side. Originally my main idea was to simply encourage the Alliance players to take up WPVP in general (and I'll continue trying to do that) not to start my own guild. In time, however, the idea of attempting to lead a guild became more and more alluring. As I've never really led a guild before it'll be interesting to try something new. That's also something I want to make clear. I am in no way experienced in either leading or PVP-ing. I'll try my best and I'll either succeed or I'll fail. It's a win win for me. I fail, I continue to just play normally and if I succeed I play normally while also leading a WPVP guild. It probably won't be that simple but I don't want to make this longer than the average attention span. 

So far you probably have more of a reason not to join and sadly that's the only way it can be if I'm to remain honest with you. Trying to make the whole thing sound sweeter than it is would mean lying more than I would like to. 

So let's get to the juicy stuff. What will the guild offer? Well for starters I should explain how I'm thinking of operating when it comes to WPVP (which is pretty much what the guild will be built around). When you join the guild you are expect to do one thing (apart from not being an ass to your fellow guildmates) and that is to simply participate in WPVP events every once in a while. Although you are very much welcome to I don't expect any of you to be there for every single event. Be it one in which we defend one of our cities, attack one belonging to the enemy or simply taking some other territory to ease the leveling experience of our fellow Alliance players. You are simply expected to be there from time to time and, honestly, I don't see why you would be in the guild if that didn't interest you. 

As for PVE and instanced PVP. That will, of course, be a part of the guild as well. We'll need to get gear from somewhere after all. The guild chat will welcome pretty much everything any normal guild's chat would. Ask for help with questing, gather dungeon/raid groups, instanced PVP groups and just in general anything. However, the difference is that here you shouldn't be surprised (and even less mad) when your requests are shut out by someone (me or perhaps someone else) calling people to the current WPVP battle. I'll put some more thought into how I (hopefully "I" will later become "we") will handle PVE teams. That and other things still require some thought. In any case I won't be doing anything out of the ordinary. 

The other thing that deserves mention is that I'm alone in this and I'm very much aware that if the guild takes off it'll become far too overwhelming for me to handle... perhaps. In any case I'll be thinking about a way to gather a team to help me keep the guild on it's feet. It won't be the preferable scenario where I just gather a group of trusted friends, but I'll do my best to make it work nontheless. That goes for everything. 

Again, I'm sure this sounds like a terrible idea. No experience, no team, no nothing. I'm far from the thought that everyone made their first guild packed with leadership experience and a team to back them up so I'll just take the rough and rather unwise path. I'll for once leave logic and good judgement of my abilites at the door and just do something because I can and want to. 

I have an idea for a name but I'm thinking it's best to announce it when I actually make it. No point in putting out a name now if I have 5+ months to change my mind. 

So do tell me if you're interested! I'll likely make a more organized recruitment thread closer to launch in which I will link this one as to provide information for what I'm offering. I hope that with making this guild I'll lower the amount of "wahh, evil hordies ruining my questing experience" in chat and have people fight back instead of complain. It's a bit of an unrealistic dream, I know. 

Just imagen... you, a couple hundred people, enemy marching towards Stormwind, you defend it and everyone cheers for you. Well, the large group that you're in, but you nontheless. 

Good luck and I love the idea, but I am NA and all depends on the times 

Edited by Zanez

I'm up.

In vanilla where the racials arent that gamechanging for pvp i prefer playing Alliance.
Played Ally on Nost and i had a blast wrecking Horde on sight.

@valaquenta saw tons of this shit on nost. To my surprise tons of people thanked for help ect but then why didn't they just fight back lul

edit: Should convert @Simonich to alliance and it could really be something big

Edited by kridx

I think this pretty much sums it up : 

TKeOYussssR.png

Edited by valaquenta

Id play Alliance as much as id play horde. But I heavily lean towards rolling horde. This could be an entertaining rivalry. However, id still rather veloxbanks and other potentional world-pvpers to roll horde with me, but if that aint happening, things are how they are.

Its quite a dilemma. Is it possible to cause an uprising in the alliance side? Or will people not even care about my efforts there, compared in the horde. 

But I think its decided, I will be going horde for sure. I plan on going for total war, there will be everyone affected by this, even on low level zones, and doing brutal stuff seems for fitting for the horde races and so..see ya soon!

13 minutes ago, Simonich said:

Id play Alliance as much as id play horde. But I heavily lean towards rolling horde. This could be an entertaining rivalry. However, id still rather veloxbanks and other potentional world-pvpers to roll horde with me, but if that aint happening, things are how they are.

Its quite a dilemma. Is it possible to cause an uprising in the alliance side? Or will people not even care about my efforts there, compared in the horde. 

But I think its decided, I will be going horde for sure. I plan on going for total war, there will be everyone affected by this, even on low level zones, and doing brutal stuff seems for fitting for the horde races and so..see ya soon!

You already know that Horde will be very much alive even without you. I think the problem lies elsewhere though, it's just the way alliance players are. This attitude might even make me go horde (my main faction since a couple years) because i love invading.

The only thing i dislike about horde is that their capitals aren't as beautiful, and they don't have paladins (shamans are great for melee with windfury procs though, but since i want to play a fury warrior in pve, i'll always have aggro issues on the horde side :s, and i'm not sure l want that.)

Edited by valaquenta

If @Simonich wreaks as much havoc as he promises (which I believe he will) it'll take Alliance players much more than whining in global chat to solve the problem. 

People will have a choice. Fight or be forced to switch factions so that they don't have to deal with WPVP. Of course, I don't expect everyone to join in, however, I think it's fair to expect a rise in numbers of WPVP-ers in the Alliance. Whining about "ganking" is a habit some people will have to get rid of. 

As long as there's one guild with 40 people in it you can bet I'll stay in the Alliance. Even when we're getting crushed by Horde in and out of our cities. Heck, should I ever somehow become notorious enough to become the Horde's number one target I would still keep wearing blue. I'll fight when I can and run when I must. Switching to Horde simply isn't an option for me. 

I'm usually first to quit in most situations. This time I'm thinking of being stubborn. Stubborn to a somewhat stupid extent. I'll have to grit through some harsh levels of frustration and annoyance but it'll be worth it in the end. Perhaps I'll even be known as that one idiot that held onto a lost cause instead of simply switching factions and moving on. As I've said before, this kind of thing depends on a large number of people thus we can never be certain of the outcome. 

In any case, I welcome all challenges, successes and failures that lie ahead. 

14 hours ago, Simonich said:

I was horde on L4G last fighting against u sometimes and it wasnt enjoyable. Way more fun being alliance and outnumbered. At least it wont be nowhere close to TBC levels of faction inbalance :D