Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VeloxBanks

Alliance WPVP guild

51 posts in this topic

For the Alliance!
Gotta swing my holy weapons against the horde anytime it's possible! (or be healing if my interest for it returns after playing holy pala for 7 years..)

Write me up, I'll join and crack open som hordeskulls!

Come on allies, support Velox in his attempt to reunite the shattered Alliance, this thread deserves more attetion. 

It is really tempting for me to roll alliance again just to support Velox and fight against the more aggressive horde, because being an underdog is cool too. But I know deep down my heart bleeds horde blood, I have to return to my roots on CF.

When I played alliance on Nost, most players did not give a shit about others dying, it was really frustrating to die to multiple hordes when players from my side just walked pass like they cant see the fight. I had to really organize defenses, really keep motivating people to put together decent teams to fight back. 

It honestly made me appreciate the unity and passion of the Horde so much more.

Come on alliance, show us what you got! Band together, help each other, make it difficult for the horde, don't let us walk all over you. 

Best of luck my friends, see you on the battlefield.

I haven't, ultimately, decided yet what I will do but I really like your Idea.

In my humble opinion, you shoúld give a really fitting Name. Something like "Guard of Lothar" , "Blades of Lordaeron"  or "Light's Vengeance". Something around that. Possibly something with "Guard" " Army " or so in it. That makes it easier to refer to and more immersive. You could even think about giving Players ranks in the guild which equal their pvp rank. ( Apart from moderating ranks and the guildmasters Rank.)

Something like that. I like it, haven't decided  yet, but I like it.

alliance wpvp guild. nice stuff

Posted (edited)

As a zealous Wpvper myslef and even more zealous dwarf I shall follow and maybe join this project with great interest. Count with m'axe lads. 

Edited by Roland

Glad to see some people are interested (hopefully still are).

I'm just here to confirm I'm still doing this. Just in case anyone thought I gave up the idea. I was originally thinking of doing most of the planning once the server gets a release date, however now it seems that I'd be keeping people in the dark for way too long. Well, longer. A lot of time already passed since I made this post so I'm sure some people even forgot about this.

That being said there isn't really much to add as of right now. Lately I've mostly been thinking about ways to improve in the game itself, mostly in the PVP department. Like I've said before, I'm not exactly skilled.

Other than that I've also been thinking about how I'm gonna recruit officers for the guild. I think I addressed this in the original post. Right now it seems like my best option is to start alone and then promote whoever seems fit for the job. Probably looking at 3 officers at the start. The number is gonna go up as/if the number of guild members increases.

Right now I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in taking up the position. I can't really be picky so just showing an interest in the well being of the guild should be enough to recruit you.

This is the best terrible idea I've ever come up with.

Dwarf Priest here, count me in. I want to experience the end game stuff and fight the horde! Any plan on attacking Orgrimmar once in a while?

10 hours ago, WaMpa said:

Any plan on attacking Orgrimmar once in a while?

It'll probably be at least a few weeks after server launch before I have the balls to attempt something like that. But yes, the idea is certainly there. I'll try to not get ahead of myself, however.

Cool. I'm leaning towards rolling on PvP atm (likely to change several times b4 launch tbh) and want to do my part in defending our glorious cities as well. So you have my bow/sword/stick/whatever. :P

On 2017-5-26 at 5:17 PM, VeloxBanks said:

Glad to see some people are interested (hopefully still are).

I'm just here to confirm I'm still doing this. Just in case anyone thought I gave up the idea. I was originally thinking of doing most of the planning once the server gets a release date, however now it seems that I'd be keeping people in the dark for way too long. Well, longer. A lot of time already passed since I made this post so I'm sure some people even forgot about this.

That being said there isn't really much to add as of right now. Lately I've mostly been thinking about ways to improve in the game itself, mostly in the PVP department. Like I've said before, I'm not exactly skilled.

Other than that I've also been thinking about how I'm gonna recruit officers for the guild. I think I addressed this in the original post. Right now it seems like my best option is to start alone and then promote whoever seems fit for the job. Probably looking at 3 officers at the start. The number is gonna go up as/if the number of guild members increases.

Right now I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in taking up the position. I can't really be picky so just showing an interest in the well being of the guild should be enough to recruit you.

This is the best terrible idea I've ever come up with.

Good to know, all I can say is I'm as interested as I was a few days back. That said, I rather not over-compromise to anything until at least there is a release date for the server. Regarding skill, wpvp in fairly big numbers, if the allmighty lag is mercifull, is more about good comunication, hierarchy and needless to say, peps who follow orders. Kind of like a raid to be honest. Rather than mechanical skill, a good team work of average players should always beat a chaotic band of god-like buggers.  

Anyway, please let us know if there is anything new in the future. Best wishes. 

I have read on attacking Horde capitals and apparently there is backdoor on almost all of them. One of the more known would be the sewers that lead to Undercity boss without much resistance. It seems Orgrimmar and Thunderbluff also had somewhat of a backdoor close to the leader.

On 2017-5-31 at 3:02 PM, WaMpa said:

I have read on attacking Horde capitals and apparently there is backdoor on almost all of them. One of the more known would be the sewers that lead to Undercity boss without much resistance. It seems Orgrimmar and Thunderbluff also had somewhat of a backdoor close to the leader.

Orgrimmar and TB both have side gates/entrances leading through less popular areas (away from banks/AH). I think this was all made to enable attacks.

I can show you, to prove my loyalty and that I'm a complete turncoat now.

I'm still pumped as fuck about this idea.

I'm hoping for some serious PvP raids!

I'm talking Crossroads, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity and full scale world PvP in STV, Hillsbrad, Winterspring, Plaguelands etc.

This is war.

For The Alliance!

38 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I'm still pumped as fuck about this idea.

I'm hoping for some serious PvP raids!

I'm talking Crossroads, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity and full scale world PvP in STV, Hillsbrad, Winterspring, Plaguelands etc.

This is war.

For The Alliance!

Yeah, I don't like random solo encounters. I want full scale battles.

Although they probably won't be a day one thing, I certainly am looking forward to some large battles as well. Hopefully most of them will be happening on enemy territory rather than ours. Much as I aim to keep our zones safe I'd much rather take the fight somewhere it won't disturb the leveling process of my fellow boys and gals in blue. Well, that is effectively keeping them safe I suppose.

Not to mention I have some other hoops to go through before I'm confident enough to take the fight to enemy capitals and all that. If not how to PVP properly, I'd at least like to learn my class a little bit before I start blowing horns at the gates of Orgrimmar. The last thing I wanna do is get ahead of myself.

"But Velox this whole idea is you getting ahead of yourself."

True, but even when getting ahead of myself I want to take it slow.

Alright enough of that. Can't promise anything but I'll do my best. Same old. Now onto something else.

Continuing my chain of irrational decisions, I've decided to recruit officers only after I've actually made the guild and spent some time with the initial members. As I said before, I don't know anyone who's willing to take up the job so I'll just have to give the position to people I meet in-game. This could be a disaster, but it could also work. I also don't have any better ideas so there's that. Once I make a decision (good or bad) I'll ask the person if they're interested in taking the responsibility.

When you become an officer you won't be showered in all the permissions you could want. I'd generally prefer it if I could handle the guild's issues on my own so I'd rather not give officers too much power. Just because I trusted someone enough to put them in that position doesn't mean they're golden. Power corrupts, as they say. Or was that money? Bah.

I'm sure most would agree that trying to handle the disputes and drama of a guild all by myself would be rather silly. At the very least I'll need some eyes and ears here and there as I won't always be around to soak up the latest news. That's why I think I'll need some helping hands.

If you're interested you could also message me about it. The requirements are really just having the well being of the guild and it's members in mind. I'm not expecting top-quality officers here.

Alright, that covers my terrible approach to management. At least partially. This whole thing is one tall tower of duct tape if I've ever seen one.

Now onto a bit of ruling. Or... attempting to. This is regarding ganking or otherwise being ungentlemanly in PVP as a whole. Just to get it out of the way, I don't personally mind ganking. I and everyone else who rolls on the PVP server knows what they're signing up for and should look for ways to handle ganking and all other obstacles that come with playing on a PVP realm instead of complaining about them. That being said, ganking low levels or group camping someone of any level is still a dick move. I won't bite your ass for doing it like some other people would, but I won't respect you for it either. So that being said you'd probably expect me to make ganking fair game in the guild. More or less. The truth is I'd like to keep our reputation as clean as possible. I'd generally prefer it if we weren't known as another group of gankers. Slap around a low level that wanders into a battle between high levels. Their mistake. But maybe leave em alone after killing them twice or thrice, eh? Another reason why I won't be too strict about this is that whether we downright kill them or not, we're still going to negatively affect enemy low levels by attacking settlements and areas where they need to go in order to quest. The saint act goes down the crapper no matter what we do, unless we just stay back and defend our own lands without attacking those of the enemy at all. I'm sure that's not the way most of you would like to roll so I'm not even considering it.

In the event that things get out of control and people start to really complain (assuming we ever become that well known) I'll make an attempt to fix the problem. I have ideas but there's no point in discuissing them right now. Ganking in moderation will be fair game until it gets out of hand. If it gets out of hand. I have faith in you lot, don't disappoint me.

I think that's enough rambling. I thank everyone who takes the time to read through all this stuff. Thank you for putting even just a little faith in someone who's never done something like this before. If anything else comes to mind I'll be sure to update you all in this thread. Also feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

That's all for now.

/salute

Sounds all good to me. Ganking is a part of PvP, but I agree corpsecamping is just a complete dick move and I never understood what's fun about it. It's just a waste of time for the ganker and the victim.

That being said I can't promise I wont slay some grey players. But I will never corpsecamp someone unless it's about revenge against someone who has done it to me already lol.

20 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

That being said I can't promise I wont slay some grey players. But I will never corpsecamp someone unless it's about revenge against someone who has done it to me already lol.

The circle of life! Amen.

keep-calm-it-s-the-circle-of-life.png

Posted (edited)

While I generally agree, I cannot promise I wont teabag some of those pesky hideous beasts. But of course, is nothing personal. Is just that, due to the size of our...nature, Dworfs can't simply walk over the corpses of our foes without rubbing our...bags all over their faces.     

Edited by Roland

@VeloxBanks

How big is the guild going to be btw? Are you aiming for hundreds of players or just one raid group? Idk how these wPvP guilds usually work. :P

I wonder if this guild will have a Horde counterpart since Simonich is enjoying his time on Elysium afaik. Release is far so lots of things can still come up in the meantime. We shall see. If not, I'll be a one-man army standing against you, puny creatures of the Alliance!

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

@VeloxBanks

How big is the guild going to be btw? Are you aiming for hundreds of players or just one raid group? Idk how these wPvP guilds usually work. :P

How many players would I want? As many as possible. I'm trying to bring people together so they can work together. The more the better. How many players could I handle being in the guild without total chaos spreading? Not sure but I'm guessing the number isn't big. I might limit the invites in the beginning until I get my feet wet as a guild master and then see how much more I can handle. Another factor here is how many officers I can find, if any at all.

At the start I'll just look for whoever showed interest here on the forum. If all goes well I'll start sending out invites to others who show an interest.

I do realize some, if not most, of you guys are gonna want a sizable crew behind you. Several people have shown anticipation for large scale battles and I realize none of that can happen if I have merely 10 or 20 people in tow. My ultimate goal will be to get as many people as possible to join the cause. The time frame in which I'll get to something like 100 members is what I can't be sure about.