Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 8/22/2016

48 posts in this topic

are occupied containers not supposed to be able to be traded to players unless they're locked or was that just on nost and maybe other private servers?

Edited by Aquane

You could trade containers with items in them.  This was necessary for any non-rogue to gain Ravenholdt reputation, since Heavy Junkboxes disappear when you loot the last item from them.

Even though I might've not agreed with everything that you say Darkrasp, I very much respect and appreciate the efforts of yourself and the rest of the staff in trying to be as communicative as possible.

Cheers!

Excellent! These updates are most appreciated. Nice to hear mention of fishing. Other P-servers seem content to have that aspect of the game be totally messed up.

Edited by Primal

God damn r/wowservers and their toxicity! Awh well, its good that you guys have put a clear stance on community feedback and your own. PlayTBC was good example of the developers literally taking advice (bad advice at times) from the community. Felt like they were constantly lost, and it was a huge factor of their downfall. Glad to see that you guys have the balls to do so. 

May the force be with you @Darkrasp .

Enjoy your free time wisely o/

The GOOD side of CF turning famous is amount of players increasing and maybe the positive contribution of community.

The BAD side is...everything else, from toxicity, misunderstanding, bad manners. Hope we can make this server a clean one with less negative attitude than any others.

and remember... FOR THE HORDE

For the Horde! Yeah CF's popularity is growing strong. I'm not worried about hooligans, most of those fucks favor Alliance; but I'm more concerned about another shut down. This server will probably blow up with people and  Blizzard will be right there to squash it. Blizzard is such trash, they killed the game once they raised the level cap from 1-60+. 

Love the update as always (not to say its under-appreciated at this point). Its good that you stay true to your own opinons, its your server and you guys allowed for normal discussions to be persuaded. The long section of fishing surprised me but i hope the fishing community will appreciate it ?. 

2 weeks to find out about beta? Don't know I can handle it! :o

Good update as always xD

Thanks for the update, I'm happy to see fishing is getting some love ;)

So glad to see fishing get some love. I'm wondering if the STV contest will be working.

And don't apologise for your brainstorming, you were quite clear it all comes down to what Asura signs off on, private server community can be somewhat thick and hysterical at times...

10 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

He built a new table for events, which basically just give each event a start and end time/date and an identifier.

I'm pretty sure this was on TC as well, actually handling the events happening. Might or might not have actually contained the seasonal fish... I do know we tried to muck about with it back on Insomnia.

Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer, which I believe will, for the sake of convenience, coincide with the start of Noblegarden for spring, and the start of the Harvest Festival for Fall

21.3. and 23.9. or riot! I'm pretty sure the fish would wish to respect the equinoxes too!
#FishLivesMatter

it's obvious that people are attempting to read between the lines of everything I'm saying, regardless of context

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY MOM?!

Dat Fishing Immersion gotta get it!! Great work Everyone! 

The team is making such a great effort we can all tell just by how much passion you post with!

Look forward to beta, have a safe trip Darkrasp! 

As one of the new people who has just been following this server for a few weeks now, I wanted to say that I have appreciated the transparency you have shown in your previous updates and the community involvement, and I am sad that there are people in my same position who do not understand that you don't exist to heed their every word. I will be sad to not be able to interact with the staff as I have seen be commonplace over the past weeks, but I absolutely understand. I was a Nost orphan and had pretty much given up on ever playing classic WoW again, so I am incredibly grateful to have that hope alive inside me once again. Thank you for all of the work and dedication you have shown for this project, and I can't wait for it to go live!

@Retrac47 See the addendum I just made to the update.  Hopefully that alleviates your concerns.

Edited by Darkrasp

@Darkrasp Bit gutted to be honest the way this has worked out, and that's not a fault on you or Asura. It was just really neat looking at the way your thought processes worked....or didn't....and the fact that you were prepared to be influenced and change your mind from time to time. From now on it looks like it will 'on message' from most CF staff. Oh well.

You'll be aware that there is a very large fishing community here. We're not particularly vocal. Nost fishing I'm afraid to say was barely tolerable, so I'm absolutely over the bloody moon that you're taking a lot of effort to make it as workable as possible. Fishing doesn't need to be blizzlike, just needs to be predictable and make common sense. If you have to make changes from gospel to make it functional so be it. It's just really nice to get some fishing lovin'

Enjoy your well-deserved mini-break. Going fishing are we? 

11 hours ago, Elicas said:

2 weeks to find out about beta? Don't know I can handle it! :o

Good update as always xD

COME TO PVP SERVER `-´  I can't find anyone friendly enough being on PvP server beside @VeloxBanks, and he's alliance like you.

D: I NEED A FRIEND ON HORDE, JEEZ

2 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

COME TO PVP SERVER `-´  I can't find anyone friendly enough being on PvP server beside @VeloxBanks, and he's alliance like you.

D: I NEED A FRIEND ON HORDE, JEEZ

I'm sure you'll find plenty of nice people on Horde side. I know I did during the couple of times I played Horde on various servers.

Plus, there's always /wave and /cast fishing when we see eachother and don't feel like fighting. ;)