Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simonich

[H] <Kor Kron Enforcers> - World PvP and Raiding

59 posts in this topic

Yes... YES!!! I want this server so bad right now...

50 minutes ago, Simonich said:

potentially-offensive humor is to be limited.

I hope that doesn't include offending the Alliance? :D 

52 minutes ago, Simonich said:

In every vanilla-wotlk server ive been in so far, killing neutral guards, except booty bay guards, gave no negative reputation, so it depends on that whether we will do that sort of event or not

Do the goblin factions even have any rewards for reputation? I don't think so. Since there are no discounts for reputation in vanilla as well (atleast i think so) there's no point in going above neutral. That means no point in not camping neutral hubs as well :D 

56 minutes ago, Simonich said:

PvE

Will you accept PvP specced people into raids? like feral druids, enh/ele shams, arms warriors? Will being late or not having the necessary consumables be punished in any way?

1 hour ago, Simonich said:

By saying all of this, ofcourse you are assuming that inactive people will be removed from the guild, and something like a 14-day offline limit will be applied.

If you get removed, will you be able to join again? Also I trust that if you will let people know that you're going on vacation or whatever, you'll avoid getting removed.

If LFG Elwynn is not the first thing you'll do after launch, I'll be dissapointed. I'll spare every copper to get the guild going as soon as possible though :P 

"In battle there is no mercy, no capitulation on easy terms, there is either victory or death." - Roman Dmowski

I hope that doesn't include offending the Alliance? :D 

Depends. Taunting is good. Forum bashing and toxicity even against the alliance isn't something I want to see either though

Do the goblin factions even have any rewards for reputation? I don't think so. Since there are no discounts for reputation in vanilla as well (atleast i think so) there's no point in going above neutral. That means no point in not camping neutral hubs as well :D 

You gain a 10% discount at honored rep. And if they indeed did give negative reputation, that means eventually you will go under neutral, so you won't be able to use their services anymore, and later on, their guards would attack you on sight.

Will you accept PvP specced people into raids? like feral druids, enh/ele shams, arms warriors? Will being late or not having the necessary consumables be punished in any way?

There will be slight pushing for people to use PvE specs, if they have just gotten their pre-raid BiS. However, when players have geared themselves with some pretty good gear, they can respec to PvP, and still join our PvE raids. That's the idea for now. Being late will get you punished with having your spot filled by someone else :P . We are not going to require consumables (unless its really important), we don't plan on going hardcore PvE, just enough to have a steady supply of good gear for pvp

If you get removed, will you be able to join again? Also I trust that if you will let people know that you're going on vacation or whatever, you'll avoid getting removed.

If LFG Elwynn is not the first thing you'll do after launch, I'll be dissapointed. I'll spare every copper to get the guild going as soon as possible though :P

You will definetily be able to join again, and you will be welcomed back in a warm way. People who go on vacation may eventually be removed anyway at a few cases, but once they return they should know they can come on in right away again. Whenever i remove someone cause of inactivity, i note down their rank, so i re-promote them in case they return.

And about LFG Elwynn, don't worry, you won't be dissapointed ;) I will make a 40-man raid, along with people who wanted to join this guild, go all together and roam durotar zig-zagging towards orgimmar, so we all gather in total 10 silver, to create our guild :D (I remember i did this in Nostalrius PvE at launch, and i was the first one to make a guild. Right after that we did a 20-man raid to Elwynn Forest, so im sure we can make at least a 40-man raid here..or maybe more..who knows :D 

Edited by Simonich

This thread is so hype it really makes me want to roll horde and join you        It's also very clear that you're really passionate about this kind of stuff

Edited by HBA

Now, to find someone who will do the exact same thing for the alliance. Why the hell should we always be the ones defending?

It sounds great! Not a big fan of the guild name, but I'm sure it's not set in stone. I'll be maining a Orc warlock, so I'll be summoning everyone to the battles. For the Horde.

It should be 60's only. Also establish a guild spot, where people can always meet up woth guildies. 

Edited by Beanlips

Wow! Really admire the work/thought that went into this. As others said, clearly you have a drive for world PVP. That kind of attitude will hopefully have a top-down effect on the rest of the guild. 

I was planning myself on rolling either orc/troll resto shaman which could provide great utility to either dungeons or PVP.

Definitely interested in this guild.

11 hours ago, Beanlips said:

It sounds great! Not a big fan of the guild name, but I'm sure it's not set in stone. I'll be maining a Orc warlock, so I'll be summoning everyone to the battles. For the Horde.

It should be 60's only. Also establish a guild spot, where people can always meet up woth guildies. 

To be honest, i've never been a fan of those guilds, the classic schemes of hardcore raiding guilds with those complex unusual english words. I will think of some that cross my mind..<Reciprocity> or.. <Renaissance> .. <Flashback> ..  <Convulsion>.. <Momentum> ugh its a no for me. I always appreciated guild names that actually immerse you in the game. That connect you in the game world and make you feel more part of it.

Those guilds with the kind of names I just mentioned, are born to turn elitist once they grow a lot. With epic geared snobs that afk in capital cities. Hey, I may be wrong, but thats the impression I had everytime so far.

Kor'Kron..there are lvl 60 elites named "Kor'Kron Elite" that are guarding Thrall. The "Kor'kron" can turn out to be a powerful military force that serves the horde, loyal to the Warchief.

It starts out as <Kor Kron Enforcers>, horde members signed to join this force to carry out the message of the horde all over azeroth, defeating the enemies of the horde, starting out with the local hostilities of the centaur and the quilboars, moving on to the resourceful stranglethorn jungle, to find out that the alliance has the same interest, and so, considering them as the enemy...basically questing and world-pvp, you get the point! For me personally, having this guild tag under my name will make questing slightly more enjoyable, it makes your character look like it belongs somewhere in azeroth, think about it

Really appreciate you rolling orc warlock (appreciating both class and race, heh). The utility of summoning is dead useful!

And as for the lvl 60 req..well, the plan i have right now, is that once the first guild starts getting full, with more people being recruited than people getting kicked for inactivity, a second guild will be made, and a lvl requirement will be set to the 2nd guild. The lvl requirement may be like 40, and eventually will raise to 60. If leveling guild gets full, another leveling guild will be made, and recruits under lvl 60 will be sent to the leveling guilds, until they get 60 and will be invited to the main guild.

So we will end up having a main guild, with max-level world-pvp and pve, named something like <Kor Kron Battalion> or <Kor Kron Legion>, we will decide what the noun will be, but Kor Kron will be there to represent that we are 1 organization as a whole. Other leveling guilds will use nouns like "Agents" or "Militia" or something.

Don't worry about the guild meeting spot, i have many ideas in mind.

Edited by Simonich
Weird typo "useful!" added in wrong place

Awh I see! Yeah I can appreciate that guild name more now! It is a good guild name. Everything will work out. You seem very excited to get this ball rolling. Same here! I can't wait to play! You seem like a really engaging player, with a lot of imagination. Looking forward to playing with you. Thanks for the back ground on the guild name. It's a lot better than I had realized. 

3 hours ago, Beanlips said:

Awh I see! Yeah I can appreciate that guild name more now! It is a good guild name. Everything will work out. You seem very excited to get this ball rolling. Same here! I can't wait to play! You seem like a really engaging player, with a lot of imagination. Looking forward to playing with you. Thanks for the back ground on the guild name. It's a lot better than I had realized. 

Exactly. Story behind the name makes more sense. Orc rogue is at your service :)

Make sure you write down every alliance tthat ganks you, so that way we can all know is a threat. Once I hit 60 and have a blacklist for alliance. I'll be dropping heads. 

So would you upgrade your guilde through server xpack progression  or you ll just keep playing vanilla.  

11111.png.98e7b464e5f505b7af99d3ecfa05a5c4.png

In the vanilla/BC era there were quite a few items you could acquire from raids that were very useful in PvP. What are your thoughts on this? Thinking of raiding enough to get your guild hooked up, or just straight out PvP? I'm interested in your guild and like the idea, but I'm also a chronic perfectionist who likes having as much of an advantage as I possibly can.

Edited by tsujin

Lok'Thar Ogar!!! VICTORY OR DEATH!

I'll be Running a Frosaken For the Racial and i'm gonna choose Rogue as a class, And Defenetly Joining Kor Kron

On 3/9/2016 at 7:41 PM, Frostbull said:

Lok'Thar Ogar!!! VICTORY OR DEATH!

I'll be Running a Frosaken For the Racial and i'm gonna choose Rogue as a class, And Defenetly Joining Kor Kron

Some advice I usually give : Avoid rolling specific races cause of racials. Id you aesthetically prefer another race, roll on it, and embrace the other advantages it can give you, along with the fact you play a char you like playing. So if you were to be orc rogue for example..you can go for it! 

On 25/8/2016 at 5:13 PM, worldfu said:

So would you upgrade your guilde through server xpack progression  or you ll just keep playing vanilla.  

11111.png.98e7b464e5f505b7af99d3ecfa05a5c4.png

Im not sure. We will make this decision when the time comes, but i mostly lean to staying vanilla for the time being

Fuck TBC, as soon as you break away from 1-60, it's not the same wow, IMO. I dought 1/3 of the community will ever step foot into naxx and you want to just move into TBC; fuck that. TBC had great raids and arena, but that's about it. I would rather be raiding towns or doing wpvp with an actual active community. Also I would rather not waste all that time spent grinding for my lvl 60 gear, so I can grind it all back at 70 for new gear. 1-60 was the best number for lvls and always will be. 40 man raids are way more enjoyable than 25 man raids. 

The deva should just focus on vanilla and put TBC way on the back burner. 

Edited by Beanlips

7 hours ago, Beanlips said:

The deva should just focus on vanilla and put TBC way on the back burner. 

That's exactly the opposite idea of this whole project though. The whole point is to have a single server that progresses through again like the original golden years of the game. It's not just another Vanilla server.

On 3/9/2016 at 2:16 AM, tsujin said:

In the vanilla/BC era there were quite a few items you could acquire from raids that were very useful in PvP. What are your thoughts on this? Thinking of raiding enough to get your guild hooked up, or just straight out PvP? I'm interested in your guild and like the idea, but I'm also a chronic perfectionist who likes having as much of an advantage as I possibly can.

As I mentioned, we do plan to do raiding and my idea right now is that we will eventually do everything except AQ40 and Naxxramas. If we, as a guild, put effort on being above average skilled, decently geared, but above all, loyal, then we will manage to create gruesome impact against the enemy faction. 

The idea right now aswell isnt to declare "core members", we're going to be more light, everyone will get a chance to join pve, but we will invite those who proven their loyalty to the guild, or at least to world-pvp. And those who have at least a sufficient part of Pre-raid bis gear

On 13/9/2016 at 9:37 PM, Raynek said:

I'm in! And one questtion, are u Rus?

I was born in Russia from russian parents. However, ive lived in greece since the age of 2, i can barely speak russian :/.

As for the guild, english will be the language, and it will ofcourse be international.

On 15/9/2016 at 11:45 AM, RonaldoR9 said:

im with you in this guild ^_^

but will you name your character voroshilov again?xD

Probably yes :) Not 100% sure though

Simonich, you should have a bodyguard system of maybe 2-5 guys total per raid that protect you the whole time. You could have this bodyguard protect you OR go off on special tasks that are separate from the rest of the raid to go do special but important things like killing the flight master, guarding the city entrance, scouting areas, reinforcing certain parts of the raid, etc. The criteria for recruiting bodyguards should be (but not limited to):

• lvl 40 requirement for mount benefits (their speed would be a huge advantage)
  • devoted, active, disciplined, and obedient players who can be entrusted with accomplishing difficult tasks
  • who are experienced in pvp combat
  • who do something amazing while on a raid 

it would also be a great motivator for players within the guild system to want to level up and be a good player. it could be seen as an honorable position to be a bodyguard! guildies would love having the title and it would encourage people to do their best during raids and fight for the chance to be a bodyguard.

benefits:

• raids could be better due to having a stronger core of active and obedient players help out the rest of the raid army
  • key strategic areas (entrances, flight masters, graveyards) could be controlled more easily and help kor kron raids raid longer and harder
  • raid morale would be improved if the players knew there was a strong core of players that could help the raid succeed
  • keep the raid leader (you, Simonich) alive longer which would allow the raid to stay coordinated. 
    • I've noticed on past nostalrius raids that when you died, people tended to disperse and get confused, which makes it harder to rally
  • encourage more player participation because players will want the glory of being an elite bodyguard
    • at weekly social events, there could be a ceremony of promoting the newest bodyguard
    • it would be an awesome event and people would see the promotion process and then WANT to be a part of it!

bodyguards would get no extra favoritism in terms of getting better loot or priority or anything. They would do it just for the honor of the position and for the glory of doing special missions that help to further advance the raid and guild.

Also, my player name on nostalrius was Happyaidz and i was in the red dawn guild at a lvl 53 troll priest. good to see you're back on here, voro! Hail!