Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Yay PvE server!

124 posts in this topic

Finally, a project giving us carebears a PvE server from day 1. Major props to the devs and admins for catering to us.

Carebears assemble, show your appreciation for the devs and lets help make this as successful and populated as Nost PvE was.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*cough* I do believe that PvE realms are known officially as normal servers, so less of the Carebear stuff :D. So I reckon this is us just resetting to the status quo.

Big, big thanks to Elicas who led the PvE contingent here in the process of canvassing for our own realm and the devs for listening and granting our requests.

THANK YOU

So there's a lot of stuff currently on the PvP realm that needs to be ported over. For example, a poll on 'what class are you playing'

Preferably the people who originally posted these threads shout port them over here. Maybe we give it a week, then if they are still there, then anyone can port them if applicable.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'll give it til the end of the weekend and re-create the polls from the PvP section if their OP's haven't done so already. Don't want to steal their thunder.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be better to restart those polls completely? Just porting the existing polls will mix up PvP and PvE player's votes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Yeah I'll give it til the end of the weekend and re-create the polls from the PvP section if their OP's haven't done so already. Don't want to steal their thunder.

just do it mah'friend.

No one cares about 'replicate posts' in another section.

I guess class poll was mine, just do it :D 

I almost switch to PvE server. But i want that pvp feel of WPvP. Sadly.

And you and others PVE players are from alliance. I won't be alliance in my main. My honor disallow me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Murok said:

Wouldn't it be better to restart those polls completely? Just porting the existing polls will mix up PvP and PvE player's votes.

True enough that actually, same way our PvE votes are now messing up their polls lol. I'll have a butchers at the most important and start a few here to kickstart our new subsection.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elicas said:

True enough that actually, same way our PvE votes are now messing up their polls lol. I'll have a butchers at the most important and start a few here to kickstart our new subsection.

So you open the poll for classes. I create one for factions. We need arguments to rally players on Horde side.

 

Edit

Most of the Kul Tiras realm disussions are gone. Probably in rearrangement right now.

Edited by Murok
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! I was happily questing with my human warlock on another server ( Pvp), when i reached Redridge and remebered why i prefer Pve these days. No more lvl?? stabbing me in the back, thank you very much :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was always a mystery to me why PvE servers are so unpopular on the private scene (when they weren't on retail), but yeah I'm really glad to see a good quality replacement for Nost. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're building quite a community! Great to see! The PvE forum has been up for what, half a day? And you guys have already managed to create polls and what not. xD

Much thanks to the devs, of course! But also to hyperactive (in a good way!) forum members, among others; @Elicas and @Outstanding.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to have a PvE realm on day 1, one of the major reasons that led me to Crestall...

 

Come for the PvE, stay for the quality and community !

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

I guess it's

Zul'Dare if you carebear.. 

/groan

Disgusted-gif.gif

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for Zul'Dare! After almost 12 years of playing WoW I just can't handle being ganked anymore. I want to enjoy WoW not spend my time getting corpse camped by level 60s on my alts. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played on PvP since day one, retail as well as private. I find the WPvP to often be fun and entertaining, however, only 1/10 cases are so. In the other 9/10 situations, it's simply just a waste of time. Unfair fights, griefs and grey-ganking doesn't balance out the few fun, equal-level fights. I've never been the one initiating ganks, so that might explain my view, though.

For the first time in my WoW career, I'm looking forward to a PvE (normal) server where I control my own invested time and don't have to spend hours corpse running or hiding from lvl??-players.

Don't take me wrong. I'm going to be quite active in the battlegrounds.

Really looking forward to the release! :)

TL;DR: PvP is fun when both parties are on an equal level. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Exte said:

I've played on PvP since day one, retail as well as private. I find the WPvP to often be fun and entertaining, however, only 1/10 cases are so. In the other 9/10 situations, it's simply just a waste of time. Unfair fights, griefs and grey-ganking doesn't balance out the few fun, equal-level fights. I've never been the one initiating ganks, so that might explain my view, though.

For the first time in my WoW career, I'm looking forward to a PvE (normal) server where I control my own invested time and don't have to spend hours corpse running or hiding from lvl??-players.

Don't take me wrong. I'm going to be quite active in the battlegrounds.

Really looking forward to the release! :)

TL;DR: PvP is fun when both parties are on an equal level. 

Welcome to the light ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Welcome to the light ;)

Thank you, thank you, good Sir. I'll bring my sunglasses. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVE server and PTE model is whats bringing me here. 

the emphasis on world pvp is such a joke to me. world pvp is not good, its a cancer, and im hyped to have a quality server away from said  cancer. i wanna get to 60 and enjoy the content that the game was designed around, i dont wanna be camped by lvl??s until i decide to log out and play dota2. 

lets go over all the wonders of world pvp! 

-lvl 60 ranged classes sitting in the crows nest in BB sniping lowbies 

-rogues/druids stealthed at nesingwarys camp 1 shotting people who try to turn in quests 

-getting ganked turning in quests at shimmering flats raceway and having no place to hide 

-not being able to use a FP because a 60 came in and killed them 

-not being able to set a new hearthstone because a 60 killed the innkeeper 

-questgiver killed/camped repeatedly 

-and the obvious, questing and minding my own business, killed by multiple players or higher level players jsut because they enjoy messing up the experience of others. 

 

call me a QQarebear, idc, i dont enjoy it, ive tolerated it, but its nice to have like minded individuals. turns out the private server community isnt full of shitlords after all!

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

PVE server and PTE model is whats bringing me here. 

the emphasis on world pvp is such a joke to me. world pvp is not good, its a cancer, and im hyped to have a quality server away from said  cancer. i wanna get to 60 and enjoy the content that the game was designed around, i dont wanna be camped by lvl??s until i decide to log out and play dota2. 

lets go over all the wonders of world pvp! 

-lvl 60 ranged classes sitting in the crows nest in BB sniping lowbies 

-rogues/druids stealthed at nesingwarys camp 1 shotting people who try to turn in quests 

-getting ganked turning in quests at shimmering flats raceway and having no place to hide 

-not being able to use a FP because a 60 came in and killed them 

-not being able to set a new hearthstone because a 60 killed the innkeeper 

-questgiver killed/camped repeatedly 

-and the obvious, questing and minding my own business, killed by multiple players or higher level players jsut because they enjoy messing up the experience of others. 

 

call me a QQarebear, idc, i dont enjoy it, ive tolerated it, but its nice to have like minded individuals. turns out the private server community isnt full of shitlords after all!

amen !

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna have an alt on this server. Just super torn on class choice. I guess I'll factor in TBC and maybe WOTLK more than vanilla in this case. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MardestyGS said:

PVE server and PTE model is whats bringing me here. 

the emphasis on world pvp is such a joke to me. world pvp is not good, its a cancer, and im hyped to have a quality server away from said  cancer. i wanna get to 60 and enjoy the content that the game was designed around, i dont wanna be camped by lvl??s until i decide to log out and play dota2. 

lets go over all the wonders of world pvp! 

-lvl 60 ranged classes sitting in the crows nest in BB sniping lowbies 

-rogues/druids stealthed at nesingwarys camp 1 shotting people who try to turn in quests 

-getting ganked turning in quests at shimmering flats raceway and having no place to hide 

-not being able to use a FP because a 60 came in and killed them 

-not being able to set a new hearthstone because a 60 killed the innkeeper 

-questgiver killed/camped repeatedly 

-and the obvious, questing and minding my own business, killed by multiple players or higher level players jsut because they enjoy messing up the experience of others. 

 

call me a QQarebear, idc, i dont enjoy it, ive tolerated it, but its nice to have like minded individuals. turns out the private server community isnt full of shitlords after all!

Preach.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now