Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Yay PvE server!

124 posts in this topic

Look, I know most of us are pretty tired with the far too occasional elitist attitude we get from PvP'ers but the facts remain we are a minority and, in all likelihood, our population will be 50% of the PvP realm. That while they will balance out over time, this will be from players moving from high pop to medium pop rather than a preference to PvE. So, and it's only a suggestion, I would advocate taking the high moral ground and refrain from denigrating the PvP realm and those that play on it.

The community here needs to encompass both.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Look, I know most of us are pretty tired with the far too occasional elitist attitude we get from PvP'ers but the facts remain we are a minority and, in all likelihood, our population will be 50% of the PvP realm. That while they will balance out over time, this will be from players moving from high pop to medium pop rather than a preference to PvE. So, and it's only a suggestion, I would advocate taking the high moral ground and refrain from denigrating the PvP realm and those that play on it.

The community here needs to encompass both.

 

I'm totally fine with pvpers, until they take what I'm choosing to spend my personal time on and ruin it for laughs lol. 

I doubt the PvP players will come here though. The pve players will come here and finally find what they want to play without having their times ruined and the PvP players will continue getting their rocks off ganking lowbies. Those people prefer that playstyle and there's too much time involved for them to just reroll a character to play a game in a way they don't enjoy.

Not trying to give off any bad vibes here lol it's just nice finding some like minded folk who don't tell me to quit the server because I don't appreciate being greycamped lol

Edited by MardestyGS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MardestyGS said:

PVE server and PTE model is whats bringing me here. 

the emphasis on world pvp is such a joke to me. world pvp is not good, its a cancer, and im hyped to have a quality server away from said  cancer. i wanna get to 60 and enjoy the content that the game was designed around, i dont wanna be camped by lvl??s until i decide to log out and play dota2. 

lets go over all the wonders of world pvp! 

-lvl 60 ranged classes sitting in the crows nest in BB sniping lowbies 

-rogues/druids stealthed at nesingwarys camp 1 shotting people who try to turn in quests 

-getting ganked turning in quests at shimmering flats raceway and having no place to hide 

-not being able to use a FP because a 60 came in and killed them 

-not being able to set a new hearthstone because a 60 killed the innkeeper 

-questgiver killed/camped repeatedly 

-and the obvious, questing and minding my own business, killed by multiple players or higher level players jsut because they enjoy messing up the experience of others. 

 

call me a QQarebear, idc, i dont enjoy it, ive tolerated it, but its nice to have like minded individuals. turns out the private server community isnt full of shitlords after all!

hp-death-glare.gif

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing casually on K2 has reminded me;

Jesus christ world chat, general chat and guild chat is full of moronic children looking for drama on a PvP server.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the internet? ^^

Well it's a fact that quite a few PvP:ers hate a lot on the PvE community. Havn't like ever seen it be the other way around. 

Anyway,  @Zul'Dare we may rejoice! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is the server available to all... dont seem to find the realmlist to join the server

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, n0mski said:

is the server available to all... dont seem to find the realmlist to join the server

It wont be released for months yet. Beta hasn't started.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2016 at 9:40 PM, Elicas said:

lets help make this as successful and populated as Nost PvE was.

Nost Pve was too low pop.. I want morexD

On 24/08/2016 at 10:08 PM, Murok said:

 We need arguments to rally players on Horde side.

Never! For the Alliance!!!

On 05/09/2016 at 10:29 AM, Exte said:

I've played on PvP since day one. I find the WPvP to often be fun and entertaining, however, only 1/10 cases are so. In the other 9/10 situations, it's simply just a waste of time. Unfair fights, griefs and grey-ganking doesn't balance out the few fun, equal-level fights.

 

True.

On 05/09/2016 at 10:29 AM, Exte said:

Don't take me wrong. I'm going to be quite active in the battlegrounds.

True.

On 20/09/2016 at 7:05 PM, MardestyGS said:

the emphasis on world pvp is such a joke to me. world pvp is not good, its a cancer, and im hyped to have a quality server away from said  cancer.

Ass still hurts, more cream needed heh..(sry im so bad :P) but..

On 20/09/2016 at 7:05 PM, MardestyGS said:

i wanna get to 60 and enjoy the content that the game was designed around, i dont wanna be camped by lvl??s until i decide to log out and play dota2.

TrueB|

Edited by Blackrobe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2016 at 7:30 AM, Elicas said:

Playing casually on K2 has reminded me;

Jesus christ world chat, general chat and guild chat is full of moronic children looking for drama on a PvP server.

This statement doesnt express situation there at all. Its far more worse..oO Sadly:/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to roll on the PvP server myself. I love the feel of having to look out because every second an enemy might come. I love it because it emphasizes the conflict between alliance and horde. I love when two enormous groups clash. (Nost Dragons of Nightmare patch, it was amazing) I simply love WPvP.

I see many people mention the camping of lower levels. Now I don't know if this just the thought of those that don't like PvP servers because it had happened to them a few times, or has it been that frequent? From my experience this was never a popular thing to do, I haven't seen serious camping. I don't feel like PvP servers are all about this. Maybe it's just a perk of playing horde?

I can see why some people don't enjoy PvP realms as much. All makes sense, we're different. However, I do feel like they exaggerate the nuisances that can come with rolling on a PvP server. I guess I'm a little bias. Everyone can more easily step up for their people. Same goes with me.

On the other hand, I don't get what people on the PvP realm have to say against the ones on the PvE. I've never witnessed this before. I can see it happen tough I think it goes both ways around. We seem to think that we don't do the same. I guess it's the nature of humans, and the side we don't agree with is sometimes  a bit looked down at. Luckily I haven't yet stumbled upon cross-realm bashing. Hopefully I never will.

Have respect for your fellow wow fans even if they think differently. In the end we're all here to have fun.

:)

 

The text above is just an opinion!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clavus said:

I'm going to roll on the PvP server myself. I love the feel of having to look out because every second an enemy might come. I love it because it emphasizes the conflict between alliance and horde. I love when two enormous groups clash. (Nost Dragons of Nightmare patch, it was amazing) I simply love WPvP.

I see many people mention the camping of lower levels. Now I don't know if this just the thought of those that don't like PvP servers because it had happened to them a few times, or has it been that frequent? From my experience this was never a popular thing to do, I haven't seen serious camping. I don't feel like PvP servers are all about this. Maybe it's just a perk of playing horde?

I can see why some people don't enjoy PvP realms as much. All makes sense, we're different. However, I do feel like they exaggerate the nuisances that can come with rolling on a PvP server. I guess I'm a little bias. Everyone can more easily step up for their people. Same goes with me.

On the other hand, I don't get what people on the PvP realm have to say against the ones on the PvE. I've never witnessed this before. I can see it happen tough I think it goes both ways around. We seem to think that we don't do the same. I guess it's the nature of humans, and the side we don't agree with is sometimes  a bit looked down at. Luckily I haven't yet stumbled upon cross-realm bashing. Hopefully I never will.

Have respect for your fellow wow fans even if they think differently. In the end we're all here to have fun.

:)

 

The text above is just an opinion!

it can be pretty bad. have you ever tried leveling in stv or hillsbrad on nost? its all pull-ganking, you pull a mob or 2 and they let your health go down to about 3/4, then you get rogue ganked or you start getting hit by ranged players, there were times when you literally couldnt quest anywhere in certain zones, neither side, it was just all pvp. i remember once there was a lvl 60 rogue and 60 druid in charred vale on nost, they were there for TWO WEEKS stealth ganking everybody that was in there, and i dont think it would be an exaggeration to say they did this for at least 12 hours straight at a time, it was ridiculous, i went and quested elsewhere and came back the next day, THREE TIMES, and they were still there. on K2 there were 2 lvl 60s who sat in some impossible to reach place near the inn in BB, and sniped every npc and then every lowbie that came in, and camped them, if you hid and rezzed and ran away, they mounted, chased you down, killed you, and went back, and nobody else could find a way to reach them, this was happening when i logged in to start my night shift at 11pm, and was still happening 8 hours later when i logged out at 7am. ive seen 60 rogues stealth and camp out in a popular named quest mobs spawn location and killing anyone who tries to kill them. 

it honestly is very rare that world pvp is legitimate player vs player, its more like bully vs victim, especially on a server as populated as nost was, even with the ~6k population on K2 its still almost purely for trolling purposes for those who participate in it. maybe if you enjoy that kinda stufff you see it differently, im just speaking from the perspective of someone who thinks that ganking and camping is a dick move and nothing more lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

it can be pretty bad. have you ever tried leveling in stv or hillsbrad on nost? its all pull-ganking, you pull a mob or 2 and they let your health go down to about 3/4, then you get rogue ganked or you start getting hit by ranged players, there were times when you literally couldnt quest anywhere in certain zones, neither side, it was just all pvp. i remember once there was a lvl 60 rogue and 60 druid in charred vale on nost, they were there for TWO WEEKS stealth ganking everybody that was in there, and i dont think it would be an exaggeration to say they did this for at least 12 hours straight at a time, it was ridiculous, i went and quested elsewhere and came back the next day, THREE TIMES, and they were still there. on K2 there were 2 lvl 60s who sat in some impossible to reach place near the inn in BB, and sniped every npc and then every lowbie that came in, and camped them, if you hid and rezzed and ran away, they mounted, chased you down, killed you, and went back, and nobody else could find a way to reach them, this was happening when i logged in to start my night shift at 11pm, and was still happening 8 hours later when i logged out at 7am. ive seen 60 rogues stealth and camp out in a popular named quest mobs spawn location and killing anyone who tries to kill them. 

it honestly is very rare that world pvp is legitimate player vs player, its more like bully vs victim, especially on a server as populated as nost was, even with the ~6k population on K2 its still almost purely for trolling purposes for those who participate in it. maybe if you enjoy that kinda stufff you see it differently, im just speaking from the perspective of someone who thinks that ganking and camping is a dick move and nothing more lol

I have levelled both in Hillsbrad and STV on Nost. I don't have any memories like the ones you mentioned. Maybe it turned like that in the later stages of Nost that I don't know of? I've been to those places about 2-3 months after release. I have to admit, things you just said sure don't sound appealing. I'm glad my experience of WPvP is remotely different from that, hope it will stay that way on Crestfall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't post here yet!

Thanks for a PvE realm! Can't wait for the release!!

Almost everything said here is true. I can understand BG's/Arenas are funny. I can understand city attacks are funny. I can understand "balanced" world encounters are funny.

But I can't understand where is the fun in killing lowbies or 4vs1 (or something like that) encounters.

And it is simply ridiculous in every way that people who are camping the same zone for HOURS, or those that bump into you, turn around and keep chasing you aaalll the waaayy (I'm talking about minutes of traveling) only to reach and kill you and go back to their initial route. For me it's simply an enormous waste of time for zero reward.

However I respect other's playstile so I prefer go to the PvE realm and enjoy the journey peacefully instead of going to the PvP and cry when I get ganked.

Edited by Toche
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Clavus said:

I have levelled both in Hillsbrad and STV on Nost. I don't have any memories like the ones you mentioned. Maybe it turned like that in the later stages of Nost that I don't know of? I've been to those places about 2-3 months after release. I have to admit, things you just said sure don't sound appealing.

Kinda true, I was on Nost PvP from the very beginning and though i must admit that there were some PVP nuisances but generally both sides were concentrated on lvling. For sure later when most got to 60 and many got bored adding to it bored twinks and extremely high pop as for 1 server things probably got like he stated (never checked it though).

Anyway the point is if i want to lvl fast and enjoy mainly PVE why to bother with some bored kids and/or retards when i can play on PVE realm? If i have a mood on pvp i can always queue bgs when i choose to, not when i had to or switch to pvp server or get onto my twink etc..

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers,

At last we can do stv quests without dying 500 times. i have tried several servers after nost pve but all of them garbage. i'm waiting this server impatiently. 

Thanks for everyone who support and help this project. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, floydian said:

 i have tried several servers after nost pve but all of them garbage. i'm waiting this server impatiently.

Same:D And though i still play on one of that garbage (i know, im addicted..:P) cant wait too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clavus said:

<Snip!>

Currently on K2, Iganklowbies, a level 60 Rogue camps Redridge for around 20-30 hours a week, there is a level 60 Rogue whose name I can't remember camps Darkshire Inn, and Imrad, <Emperor of Westfall>, camps Gyran Stoutmantle and the Defias Traitor in Westfall for ~12 hours at a time, several days a week.

Any given week, there are level 60's camping level 10-30 players for ~48-72 hours, mainly during prime time.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Currently on K2, Iganklowbies, a level 60 Rogue camps Redridge for around 20-30 hours a week, there is a level 60 Rogue whose name I can't remember camps Darkshire Inn, and Imrad, <Emperor of Westfall>, camps Gyran Stoutmantle and the Defias Traitor in Westfall for ~12 hours at a time, several days a week.

Any given week, there are level 60's camping level 10-30 players for ~48-72 hours, mainly during prime time.

I have bad thoughts about Kronos overall, but to me it seems like this mainly happens to the alliance. The reasoning behind me not experiencing this kind of act might come from me not joining so late. Even months after release everyone is still minding their own business, then I guess when they get geared and bored they start doing this. :(

Then again, Kronos population looks really toxic to me. I might always be wrong.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clear something up for those wondering. 

Yes, you get ganked a lot on a PVP realm. Thing is we just accept it and adjust. Some of us (like me) even enjoy getting chased by lvl 60s while leveling.

I would also like to note (for those that somehow fail to understand this) that not everyone, and not even the majority, of PVP realm players are "filthy gankers". Not sure how some people got that impression by seeing 2-3 24/7 gankmeisters in Duskwood. Generalising isn't exactly a good thing. Not pointing at anyone with this, just trying to show another perspective.

Not sure what to say to the "WPVP doesn't work and is a waste of time" argument. I'd imagen that anyone who's said that doesn't really care about it so there's no reason for me to bring anything new to that table. In the end we all have to understand that our understandings of "fun" may differ greatly and none is better or worse than the other. WPVP may not work for some but for others it's the best thing this game has to offer (not necessarily talking about myself there). Some enjoy the safetly of the PVE realm while others enjoy the danger of the PVP realm. Neither group should be generalised as "carebear noobs" or "ganking noobs". 

I'm certain many will remain stuck in their shell and continue to bash the other side. I never expected to change anyone's mind. Conflict is simply a must it seems. I just thought I'd get that out there for those willing to see all perspectives.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowbie gankers have mental issues and shitty RL end of story.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

Just to clear something up for those wondering. 

Yes, you get ganked a lot on a PVP realm. Thing is we just accept it and adjust. Some of us (like me) even enjoy getting chased by lvl 60s while leveling.

I would also like to note (for those that somehow fail to understand this) that not everyone, and not even the majority, of PVP realm players are "filthy gankers". Not sure how some people got that impression by seeing 2-3 24/7 gankmeisters in Duskwood. Generalising isn't exactly a good thing. Not pointing at anyone with this, just trying to show another perspective.

Not sure what to say to the "WPVP doesn't work and is a waste of time" argument. I'd imagen that anyone who's said that doesn't really care about it so there's no reason for me to bring anything new to that table. In the end we all have to understand that our understandings of "fun" may differ greatly and none is better or worse than the other. WPVP may not work for some but for others it's the best thing this game has to offer (not necessarily talking about myself there). Some enjoy the safetly of the PVE realm while others enjoy the danger of the PVP realm. Neither group should be generalised as "carebear noobs" or "ganking noobs". 

I'm certain many will remain stuck in their shell and continue to bash the other side. I never expected to change anyone's mind. Conflict is simply a must it seems. I just thought I'd get that out there for those willing to see all perspectives.

It doesn't require everyone, or even the majority, to be a ganker to have it severely fuck with someones progress. I know a guy on K2 who didn't get to hand in his Deadmines quest until it was grey because of Imrad, one guy can have a serious impact on hundreds of players.

World PvP literally doesn't have a purpose beyond world bosses in WoW. The point is that this game is set, from the ground up, as a PvE game. The PvP was an afterthought. It doesn't have the deleveling, PK reputation or player looting aspect of earlier, harder MMO's, it doesn't have the zone capture, keep defence, objective based PvP of games like DAoC, and it doesn't have the class balance or faction balance of later, PvP specific MMO's.

Vanilla WoW wPvP is essentially team death match from Unreal Tournament.

I'm one of the most avid PvPers you'll ever find. Literally hundreds of days between DAoC, Warhammer Online, SWG and Planetside. WoW wPvP has literally zero redeeming features.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Just to clear something up for those wondering. 

Yes, you get ganked a lot on a PVP realm. Thing is we just accept it and adjust. Some of us (like me) even enjoy getting chased by lvl 60s while leveling.

I would also like to note (for those that somehow fail to understand this) that not everyone, and not even the majority, of PVP realm players are "filthy gankers".

This is quite obvious.. you think people choosing PVE realm are 'abnormal' or sth? (retoric q)

I guess u dont get the point of it all. So i'll try to clear at least how i see it.

If u enjoy being chased by 60 lvl while lvling its yer choice and i dont have nothing bout that. But if i want to lvl its really unconvenient for me, not to mention enjoying it. As to the gankers no1 is generalising things here, just saying like Gry said that

27 minutes ago, Gry said:

Lowbie gankers have mental issues and shitty RL end of story.

Probably (in most cases). Anyway as u said they are just a part of PVP realm.

56 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

In the end we all have to understand that our understandings of "fun" may differ greatly and none is better or worse than the other. WPVP may not work for some but for others it's the best thing this game has to offer (not necessarily talking about myself there). Some enjoy the safetly of the PVE realm while others enjoy the danger of the PVP realm.

Agree people are different. But u still dont get it. People here dont necessarily choose PVE realm cause wpvp doesnt work for em though probably they dont think it s the best thing also:P

I guess u think all here are so scared that they miss that safety of PVE realm so much. As i said above unfair PVPing can be a nuisance when u have your mind set on lvling and PVE things. So that is why i choose PVE realm in first place if i have that choice (cause its a just a better option, not to avoid wpvp at all costs). And for sure we have other understanding of the word 'danger'. For me word danger doesnt mean ganking by ??lvl guy where u absolutely have no chances to escape unless hes a retard even in ganking not only irl :P. I would rather call it abnormal situation in MMORPGs. Danger of the PVP realm means that when in open world and not safe zone u should be aware that u can be attacked in unfair way at any time by other guys (in your lvl range!!!) in your lvl zone. And tbh i like wpvp also. But if i have time limited to play only one realm and currently mind set much more on pve things i prefer realm which suits me more. Thats why people mostly choose PVE realm here (at least i guess so;))

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It doesn't require everyone, or even the majority, to be a ganker to have it severely fuck with someones progress. I know a guy on K2 who didn't get to hand in his Deadmines quest until it was grey because of Imrad, one guy can have a serious impact on hundreds of players.

World PvP literally doesn't have a purpose beyond world bosses in WoW. The point is that this game is set, from the ground up, as a PvE game. The PvP was an afterthought. It doesn't have the deleveling, PK reputation or player looting aspect of earlier, harder MMO's, it doesn't have the zone capture, keep defence, objective based PvP of games like DAoC, and it doesn't have the class balance or faction balance of later, PvP specific MMO's.

Vanilla WoW wPvP is essentially team death match from Unreal Tournament.

I'm one of the most avid PvPers you'll ever find. Literally hundreds of days between DAoC, Warhammer Online, SWG and Planetside. WoW wPvP has literally zero redeeming features.

Agreeing to disagree. I'm also simply going to say "to you".

As I said, we adjust. If we can adjust to 2-3 gankers at a time we can surely live with 1. Point is we don't exactly find it gamebreaking if someone denies us access to a quest giver or something else for no matter how long. That even improves the experience for some (in ways which you've been told about before).

This is what I mean by "to you". It has no purpose to you. For people like me and @Simonich it has plenty of purposes. Apart from being able to fight in any zone we want it also allows us to capture certain areas of interest. This leads to them having to fight for it in order to regain it's services and us having better access to it's services or just opens up another travel path for our comrades. This and more. This is what you mentioned in your reply. That guy who blocked access to a quest giver could have been taken care of if someone came and fought. Nobody did and that's unfortunate. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know why I should care about how bad the Kronos community is. Community driven content not working on Kronos should mean nothing for Crestfall. Same for any other server. Not to mention that even here there will be many times when nobody will come to fight. That's fine. It makes you wonder how people will deal with these kinds of situations each time.

So the zone capture, "keep" defence and objective based PVP is here. It simply needs to be done by players from the ground up instead of being displayed in a UI window.

I'll kinda repeat what @Simonich has said by saying that Vanilla WPVP isn't about balance. It's unfair and frustrating. Many people stop there. They get mad and leave. Some stay and figure out ways to (this might as well be my favorite word) ADJUST to the situation and deal with it. It's about how fast one gives up. There are many different ways to deal with many different problems in Vanilla WoW, they simply aren't displayed and must be sought out by the player.

Some people will leave it at team death match. They might just enjoy that and not care about the other aspects. That's still great. One of my favorite things about WPVP is just how flexible it is. PVE and instanced PVP are obviously great too, but sometimes I just prefer to go out in the word and do things the way I want to. No rotations, no flags to capture. Whatever I want.

So to sum it up (or TL;DR), WoW WPVP has zero redeeming features for you. It has plenty for me and many other people. And no, I'm not talking about ganking lowbies. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It doesn't require everyone, or even the majority, to be a ganker to have it severely fuck with someones progress. I know a guy on K2 who didn't get to hand in his Deadmines quest until it was grey because of Imrad, one guy can have a serious impact on hundreds of players.

World PvP literally doesn't have a purpose beyond world bosses in WoW. The point is that this game is set, from the ground up, as a PvE game. The PvP was an afterthought. It doesn't have the deleveling, PK reputation or player looting aspect of earlier, harder MMO's, it doesn't have the zone capture, keep defence, objective based PvP of games like DAoC, and it doesn't have the class balance or faction balance of later, PvP specific MMO's.

Vanilla WoW wPvP is essentially team death match from Unreal Tournament.

I'm one of the most avid PvPers you'll ever find. Literally hundreds of days between DAoC, Warhammer Online, SWG and Planetside. WoW wPvP has literally zero redeeming features.

Vanilla WoW is a game where socializing gives a great advantage. If people can't make friends or just ask one or 2 level 60s to kill that Imrad guy imo they deserve it. It's not like you are alone in the world. You can ask others. Vanilla has many people willing to help.

Edited by Clavus
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now