Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Yay PvE server!

124 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Blackrobe said:

This is quite obvious.. you think people choosing PVE realm are 'abnormal' or sth? (retoric q)

I guess u dont get the point of it all. So i'll try to clear at least how i see it.

If u enjoy being chased by 60 lvl while lvling its yer choice and i dont have nothing bout that. But if i want to lvl its really unconvenient for me, not to mention enjoying it. As to the gankers no1 is generalising things here, just saying like Gry said that

Probably (in most cases). Anyway as u said they are just a part of PVP realm.

Agree people are different. But u still dont get it. People here dont necessarily choose PVE realm cause wpvp doesnt work for em though probably they dont think it s the best thing also:P

I guess u think all here are so scared that they miss that safety of PVE realm so much. As i said above unfair PVPing can be a nuisance when u have your mind set on lvling and PVE things. So that is why i choose PVE realm in first place if i have that choice (cause its a just a better option, not to avoid wpvp at all costs). And for sure we have other understanding of the word 'danger'. For me word danger doesnt mean ganking by ??lvl guy where u absolutely have no chances to escape unless hes a retard even in ganking not only irl :P. I would rather call it abnormal situation in MMORPGs. Danger of the PVP realm means that when in open world and not safe zone u should be aware that u can be attacked in unfair way at any time by other guys (in your lvl range!!!) in your lvl zone. And tbh i like wpvp also. But if i have time limited to play only one realm and currently mind set much more on pve things i prefer realm which suits me more. Thats why people mostly choose PVE realm here (at least i guess so;))

I understand perfectly. I was simply speaking on the topic of WPVP and only adressed the people that come to the PVE server for the safety. I kinda figured that many come for different reasons. 

Where exactly did I say you guys are "abnormal"? I made sure to be as nice as possible and make sure we're all on the same level here. No one above the other. All equal. 

1 minute ago, VeloxBanks said:

I understand perfectly. I was simply speaking on the topic of WPVP and only adressed the people that come to the PVE server for the safety. I kinda figured that many come for different reasons. 

Where exactly did I say you guys are "abnormal"? I made sure to be as nice as possible and make sure we're all on the same level here. No one above the other. All equal. 

Well u didnt say the word but i got that ironic impression cause u were just saying too many obvoius things.. If u just wanted to be nice ap its k.

1 hour ago, Clavus said:

Vanilla WoW is a game where socializing gives a great advantage. If people can't make friends or just ask one or 2 level 60s to kill that Imrad guy imo they deserve it. It's not like you are alone in the world. You can ask others. Vanilla has many people willing to help.

I've seen loads of people ask for help in /4 (world chat) for help from the guys in Redridge, Westfall and Duskwood.

Nearly always, the universal answer from 60's chilling in SW/IF is "Get fucked, cucks". They then complain there is nothing left to do at 60 and that population is steadily declining.

This is the population that will be playing on CF. It's the same population that made Feenix such a shitfest years ago as well.

16 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I've seen loads of people ask for help in /4 (world chat) for help from the guys in Redridge, Westfall and Duskwood.

Nearly always, the universal answer from 60's chilling in SW/IF is "Get fucked, cucks". They then complain there is nothing left to do at 60 and that population is steadily declining.

This is the population that will be playing on CF. It's the same population that made Feenix such a shitfest years ago as well.

There might always be someone who is not that loud, just whispers the guy and goes to help. Maybe... I still have  hope for humanity.

I'm not even using world chat myself, on a lively server like nostalrius was, almost every zone had level 60s in it for whatever reason. People nearby will more easily come help you, it's a little bonus adventure.

I believe the example you brought is from kronos. Those toxic people really think their server is the best in the universe and will (hopefully) stay there. 

Anyways, I'm really hoping we will have a good community here on Crestfall. I feel like this topic is geting out of hand.

Yeah, it got derailed because of PvPers coming onto the forum specifically set up to cater for the PvE server to tell us we're playing the game wrong.

Quelle surprise.

I created a Druid on Kronos2 a couple of weeks ago in preparation for Zul'Dare (refreshing the memories on quests, dungeons as well as testing some talents for leveling and tanking lowlvl dungeons).

Yesterday a wanted to start questing Stranglethorn (yes, Nesingwary) and now I'm considering to stop. Those stupid immature asshole PvPers can screw themselves. Don't get me wrong: There were plenty of gankers around before (Dun Garok for example). But trying to do Nesingwary's quests removes every bit of fun from this game. Maybe I go to Desolace but that is just ignoring the problem, not curing it.

Regarding the argument that everyone should respect the way other people want to play this game: Yes, and a PvP server doesn't do that, because I explicitly can NOT choose to play as I want to. I am FORCED to be flagged for PvP. A PvE server on the other hand does not force you to be neutral. You can choose to be ganked by enabling PvP for yourself. In my opinion the PvE server is the type that truly respects that freedom to play the way I want.

35 minutes ago, Murok said:

I created a Druid on Kronos2 a couple of weeks ago in preparation for Zul'Dare (refreshing the memories on quests, dungeons as well as testing some talents for leveling and tanking lowlvl dungeons).

Yesterday a wanted to start questing Stranglethorn (yes, Nesingwary) and now I'm considering to stop. Those stupid immature asshole PvPers can screw themselves. Don't get me wrong: There were plenty of gankers around before (Dun Garok for example). But trying to do Nesingwary's quests removes every bit of fun from this game. Maybe I go to Desolace but that is just ignoring the problem, not curing it.

Regarding the argument that everyone should respect the way other people want to play this game: Yes, and a PvP server doesn't do that, because I explicitly can NOT choose to play as I want to. I am FORCED to be flagged for PvP. A PvE server on the other hand does not force you to be neutral. You can choose to be ganked by enabling PvP for yourself. In my opinion the PvE server is the type that truly respects that freedom to play the way I want.

Pretty closed-minded but alright. Whatever floats your boat.

I and all the other immature assholes will go screw ourselves on the cancer that is the PVP server. 

oh shit boiii. someones gankin in stv. better uninstall the game.

nothingbutbanter.txt

Immature just like coming in the PvE realm forum and shitposting things like:

8 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

nothingbutbanter.txt

Honestly, I don't think anyone opting for the PvP server here told you how you should play. How I see it reading the comments on this thread, all uf us on the PvP server side tried to emphasize how everyone is free to have their respective opinion. We didn't try to change anyone's preferable way of playing the game, just stood up against the bashing that started towards the pvp realm. After that it was a plain discussion of sharing experiences.

7 hours ago, Elicas said:

Currently on K2, Iganklowbies, a level 60 Rogue camps Redridge for around 20-30 hours a week, there is a level 60 Rogue whose name I can't remember camps Darkshire Inn, and Imrad, <Emperor of Westfall>, camps Gyran Stoutmantle and the Defias Traitor in Westfall for ~12 hours at a time, several days a week.

Any given week, there are level 60's camping level 10-30 players for ~48-72 hours, mainly during prime time.

And he also macros "enhancement is not a viable premise spec, it is not competitive" and "respec resto to increase horde bg win percentage" I'm world chat Every time he cheap shots. 

That kind of cancer really deters new players.

25 minutes ago, Clavus said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone opting for the PvP server here told you how you should play. How I see it reading the comments on this thread, all uf us on the PvP server side tried to emphasize how everyone is free to have their respective opinion. We didn't try to change anyone's preferable way of playing the game, just stood up against the bashing that started towards the pvp realm. After that it was a plain discussion of sharing experiences.

Except that isn't how it was at all. Re-read the thread.

Everything's going solidly, bunch of carebears quite happily chilling out and talking about how nice it is to have a PvE server catering for us from day one for the first time in god knows how long. Then comes Simo, PvP guild leader and god of the world PvP scene (who has just ditched his second PvP guild on K2, humourously) with a shit tier, pointless .gif. You pop up with multiple "It's not really that bad guys, because I haven't seen it" posts, Velox pops up with multiple "Just accept it and move on" posts. Could even quote you in the thread stating that lowbies in the level 10-20 range "deserve" to be ganked because lazy level 60's can't be bothered to come and kill someone happy to camp Westfall, sometime for 18 hours a day.

What I see is three players, who self confess to have next to no interest in being part of Zul'dare community, deliberately derailing a thread because we play on the 'wrong' server compared to you guys.

1 minute ago, Elicas said:

Everything's going solidly, bunch of carebears quite happily chilling out and talking about how nice it is to have a PvE server catering for us from day one for the first time in god knows how long. Then comes Simo, PvP guild leader and god of the world PvP scene (who has just ditched his second PvP guild on K2, humourously) with a shit tier, pointless .gif. You pop up with multiple "It's not really that bad guys, because I haven't seen it" posts, Velox pops up with multiple "Just accept it and move on" posts. Could even quote you in the thread stating that lowbies in the level 10-20 range "deserve" to be ganked because lazy level 60's can't be bothered to come and kill someone happy to camp Westfall, sometime for 18 hours a day.

What I see is three players, who self confess to have next to no interest in being part of Zul'dare community, deliberately derailing a thread because we play on the 'wrong' server compared to you guys.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise I was "telling you you're playing on the wrong realm" when I was simply trying to put things into a different perspective. One that isn't "omg pvp realms are all about ganking" which was pretty much where the thread was going. I also suggested that we all stop biting eachother over different interests. How in the name of Hitler's missing ball is that BAD? 

You really don't have to read between the lines THAT much. I didn't say you're playing on the wrong realm because I had no such thoughts. What I also didn't think is that it would cause such a shitstorm to simply state my point of view in a place that's all about "peace". I pretty much ended up with a whole bunch of words in my mouth that weren't mine. I wonder who put them there.

Simo posted a gif. I have absolutely no idea how that could be a problem (without taking things out of proportion).

But it's all fine. It's 100% my fault that I got involved in this. I could have just lived with the fact that people will call me an "immature asshole" for playing differently than them without coming here and trying to explain to them why that isn't so. No, really. I really could have just ignored it and moved on. For some reason I had to come here and try to make people understand that PVP players aren't a bunch of mindless, toxic savages. It really was my mistake. 

I could say more (like how telling me that WPVP is pointless is ACTUALLY telling me I'm playing the wrong way) but I won't. I tried to show the other half of the community that we don't need to bicker over our differing interests and what I got was more bickering. Furthermore I tried to show empathy and was met with mindless hate. Lesson learned.

I sincerely hope the PVE realm takes off and that everything in it's community goes well. Cheers.

52 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It's not really that bad guys, because I haven't seen it. Doesn't that mean it's avoidable yet you can participate in the fun parts?

I'm not even going to argue with the rest of examples, because it has nothing to do with the point.

I stoop up against bashing the PvP comminity. (elitist, moronic children) Not derailing the thread, clearing stuff, stating opiniions. Guess it was a mistake. Posting my opinions led to this... Something has been dramatically misunderstood.

Reading the posts, I still think the same. None of us think that you play on the so called wrong server. We disagree but at the same time we respect your choices. I have no clue where you got this that we think you're all wrong because our likings differ. It's clearly not what we are expressing in our posts.

I already said this in one of my comments. About themselves people don't notice, but they are becoming what they think of the other.

Edited by Clavus

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise I was "telling you you're playing on the wrong realm" when I was simply trying to put things into a different perspective. One that isn't "omg pvp realms are all about ganking" which was pretty much where the thread was going. I also suggested that we all stop biting eachother over different interests. How in the name of Hitler's missing ball is that BAD? 

Again, we are on the PvE realm forum, did you really expect to read enthusiastic comment about non consensual PvP combat? Oh and by the way, PvP realms are all about ganking since that is the only difference between them and PvE ones. Please stop pretending they're not.

Maybe you expect some kind of apology for not attending the slaughter on Kul'tiras.

Ok guys listen, sorry for not giving you the chance to rape me all the way during my 1-60 journey and my lvl 60 play time. I'm totally a bad guy, please forgive me.

Edited by Gry
Unclear quote

I really believe that current discussion should end here:

44 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

I sincerely hope the PVE realm takes off and that everything in it's community goes well. Cheers

I kinda think that these pvpers here are quite right in their posts defending wpvp (at least i can understand it, guess its cause im not 'pure' pve player here). Anyway its just pointless here and as Elicas said just spamming pve thread which was heapily moving to enjoying new pve realm. So just lets do that :x (At least im gonna do that.. and stop spamming :P)

3 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

Pretty closed-minded but alright. Whatever floats your boat.

I and all the other immature assholes will go screw ourselves on the cancer that is the PVP server. 

nothingbutbanter.txt

How is this closed minded? Its stating that he likes to play gank free and a PvP server doesn't allow for him to choose that. He is at the mercy of the ganktards of the opposing faction and whether or not they allow him to play. Its not closed minded Its 100% fucking true and you sound like a PvP elitist right now. Maybe discuss this on kultiras where other shitlords enjoy ganking players who are turning in quests in nesignwary

25 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

How is this closed minded? Its stating that he likes to play gank free and a PvP server doesn't allow for him to choose that. He is at the mercy of the ganktards of the opposing faction and whether or not they allow him to play. Its not closed minded Its 100% fucking true and you sound like a PvP elitist right now. Maybe discuss this on kultiras where other shitlords enjoy ganking players who are turning in quests in nesignwary

Lol was meant to stop spamming but must say one more thing or rather two.

First he s just simply stating that he s gonna play on pvp realm and a bit mocking people overexaggerating things.

Second and more important, as far as i remember it was u who started discussion on wpvp stating how bad it is and pointing all its drawbacks as for u. Pvpers just came to defend their point of view. Now u provoke em again...

As i said above i dont see point in defending wpvp in pve thread. But is there any point on attacking it, just because this is pve realm?? Really doubt it.

First, theres just too much pointless shit going on in this thread right now, too much arguing, let it go. The general idea i got is that this thread started with people being happy about the pve realm. Rightfully so, since there hasnt been any good pve server so far. (except nost pve i think). Then other people proceeded to say more about the stuff going on in pvp servers, the bad stuff, and they may have mentioned extra things in a way that prodded the pvp server guys to respond. Small ball of snow is born, and it slowly started to go big...

Secondly, as for my gif, it was just me being me in a funny way, nothing too serious. Ofcourse i didnt agree with what the person i quoted said but i kept it all in a gif, besides its different from his point of view and i get it. Didnt bother to write anything, not much point anyway, i know that this person will enjoy his pve realm and thats a good thing, let him or them be.

Perhaps people bothered to reply because they like discussing and generally be active on the forums since server is not up yet, but this way is a way to interact with the project itself since we are fascinated for it.

But the conclusion is, keep it chill guys, easy :)

(thirdly, come on @Elicas just didnt log on for some days, school and stuff doesnt help either :c)

Edited by Simonich

1 hour ago, Blackrobe said:

Lol was meant to stop spamming but must say one more thing or rather two.

First he s just simply stating that he s gonna play on pvp realm and a bit mocking people overexaggerating things.

Second and more important, as far as i remember it was u who started discussion on wpvp stating how bad it is and pointing all its drawbacks as for u. Pvpers just came to defend their point of view. Now u provoke em again...

As i said above i dont see point in defending wpvp in pve thread. But is there any point on attacking it, just because this is pve realm?? Really doubt it.

Us pve players were discussing it minding our own business and PvP players joined in. I understand you all felt the need to defend yourselves but... Why be in the pve forum in the first place? And think about the typical response a pve player gets when they have a complaint about getting ganked or camped.. You might not appreciate this "flaming" from us but it's a small fraction of the flaming we have experienced being forced to play on a PvP server for years.

And I posted that before I scrolled down and saw that the conversation had been ended. That's my bad

Greetings to all :) My first post here, I just wanted to say that I am excited for the pve server and also the Developers seem very professional! I have a good feelings that this is going to be the new Nostalrius if not better!

Thanks in advance! Can't wait for it!

14 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Greetings to all :) My first post here, I just wanted to say that I am excited for the pve server and also the Developers seem very professional! I have a good feelings that this is going to be the new Nostalrius if not better!

Welcome!

13 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Fantastic. Great to see you. All you need to do is to change your avatar to something more appropriate like:

Image result for tauren