Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Yay PvE server!

124 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Krimzen said:

I was a die hard PvP realm player throughout my retail experience (up to MoP) but as I've gotten older, and tried other private servers that are PvP only I have come to the conclusion that to get what I want done levelling and at max that PvE is the way to go. I don't have the free time I once had and the random ganking/camping is just an annoyance and gets in the way of my in-game goals. So, you can safely add +1 player to the PvE realm :). 

As for faction, I have been nothing but Horde aside from the odd Alliance alt that never saw max level but I am thinking I will go Alliance for the most fresh start possible. PvE and Alliance. I'm quite excited for this haha.

Fellow horde lifer rolling ally here! Welcome aboard

10 hours ago, MardestyGS said:

Fellow horde lifer rolling ally here! Welcome aboard

So many traitors around here. Sad, sad days indeed.

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

i feel you ;(

Ever since the Nostalrius PvE server was shut down I've missed it more and more.

I was considering the PvP server but the thought of doing Hillsbrad, STV, Tanaris, Thousand Needles and Ashenvale again is just too frustrating. 

As a new person to Crestfall. Hello fellow PvE'rs!

11 hours ago, Outstanding said:

A man can only go through barrens/stonetalon/1kneedles so many times. ive done it at least 10 times in the past 2-3 years lol

I hope we reach a stable 4k+ on the PvE server. The potential for a great community here is evident! 

On Samstag, 1. Oktober 2016 at 10:28 PM, MardestyGS said:

A man can only go through barrens/stonetalon/1kneedles so many times. ive done it at least 10 times in the past 2-3 years lol

I feel this to be one of the great strengths of WoW (particularly the core Vanilla game, got diluted really fast in expansions): Changing factions gives you a completely new experience. You get new visuals, new music, new quests, even new perspectives into certain conflicts/quests.

For this alone, I don't quite get the "faction traitor" sentiment (I realize it's being used facetious in this thread - I think), even though I do favour Horde. I just feel more at home there than I do with Alliance, even though my WoW "career" started with Alliance in Vanilla, and I only seriously switched to Horde late in BC. I still like to have an Alliance character around for the different experience it offers.

Edited by Avila
formatting, typo

@Avila you're right, it is completely facetious but there is a strategic reason on the horde side. We simply need the numbers to make it as functional as possible. 

20 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

I hope we reach a stable 4k+ on the PvE server. The potential for a great community here is evident! 

Are they even going to allow such a big number for PvE server? I would love that.

1 hour ago, Eramas said:

Are they even going to allow such a big number for PvE server? I would love that.

I hope it's similar to the Nostalrius PvE population of around 3.5k at least. :D

I remember the pserver days when 200 players was considered a success! Horde might be outnumbered here but they won't be outgunned. And BG queues will be nice :)

Still not picking fugly though

5 hours ago, Avila said:

I feel this to be one of the great strengths of WoW (particularly the core Vanilla game, got diluted really fast in expansions): Changing factions gives you a completely new experience. You get new visuals, new music, new quests, even new perspectives into certain conflicts/quests.

For this alone, I don't quite get the "faction traitor" sentiment (I realize it's being used facetious in this thread - I think), even though I do favour Horde. I just feel more at home there than I do with Alliance, even though my WoW "career" started with Alliance in Vanilla, and I only seriously switched to Horde late in BC. I still like to have an Alliance character around for the different experience it offers.

Well said. I'm familiarizing myself with alliance leveling on k2 right now but already hitting a wall in the late teens. I'm about done with westfall and the early redridge and loch modan quests, but too low for the next series of quests in those zones. Maybe I need to go to darkshore? 

16 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

Maybe I need to go to darkshore? 

One thing about Vanilla leveling is that you will be switching zones a lot, because most zones have a rather wide level range, but not enough quests to get you through it. Depending on your level, Darkshore might have some grey quests at the beginning (they start at about 12), but it does go to about 20,21 in the south. In fact, there's a quest almost no-one does that actually leads you from there back to Menethil.

Alternatively, have you done all Deadmines quests yet? There's three a lot of people miss: Stormwind, Dwarven District, two actually are done in a side area before the instance, and one that you get from Shoni the Shilent. Oh, and the one for bandanas you get from the scout on top of the tower in Westfall, too. Speaking of Westfall, I guess you've done the three lighthouse quests and the one you get in front of SW's cathedral?

Edit: Err, point being: There's a lot of quests for areas that you get in completely different ones. Knowing where you get which quest and when to get and do it is one thing that's of immense help in WoW. I mean, look at Stonetalon from an Alliance perspective: There's enough quests to make questing worthwhile, but only if you played "collect the quest" beforehand.

Edited by Avila

4 hours ago, Eramas said:

I'm pretty sure the population cap will be the same for both servers, so at 6k. Question is if we can fill it up or not! 

What the CF PvE server has working in its favor population-wise, compared to the Nost one, is that both servers will be released simultaneously.

Edited by Chickengrease

3 minutes ago, Avila said:

One thing about Vanilla leveling is that you will be switching zones a lot, because most zones have a rather wide level range, but not enough quests to get you through it. Depending on your level, Darkshore might have some grey quests at the beginning (they start at about 12), but it does go to about 20,21 in the south. In fact, there's a quest almost no-one does that actually leads you from there back to Menethil.

Alternatively, have you done all Deadmines quests yet? There's three a lot of people miss: Stormwind, Dwarven District, two actually are done in a side area before the instance, and one that you get from Shoni the Shilent. Oh, and the one for bandanas you get from the scout on top of the tower in Westfall, too. Speaking of Westfall, I guess you've done the three lighthouse quests and done the quest you get in front of SW's cathedral?

I have them all lol I need to get another level or 2 to go to deadmines though, I'm 17. Never knew about 5he quest in front the cathedral though I'll check that out. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

I need to get another level or 2 to go to deadmines though, I'm 17.

Eh, 17 should be fine.

Quest is given by Baros Alexton, right-hand side of the cathedral in a smallish building.

1 hour ago, Avila said:

Eh, 17 should be fine.

Quest is given by Baros Alexton, right-hand side of the cathedral in a smallish building.

Oh I have that quest too then. Yeah I have them all the issue is just getting a invite. Its not about whether or not I'm capable but whether or not the cancerous community of k2 Will allow a 17 dps. Posting 1 "LFG" on gen chat will result in 10 whispers about how much of a fucking noob I am for not being 2 lvls higher lol

13 hours ago, MardestyGS said:

Well said. I'm familiarizing myself with alliance leveling on k2 right now but already hitting a wall in the late teens. I'm about done with westfall and the early redridge and loch modan quests, but too low for the next series of quests in those zones. Maybe I need to go to darkshore? 

Westfall til 14, Loch Modan til 16, Redridge til 17, back to Loch til 19 (hunters lodge and dig site), Westfall til 20 (dagger hills and lighthouse) and then DM.

On the PvE server I'm going to do something different and actually do Darkshore and Ashenvale with Loch Modan instead of Westfall/Redridge. Not getting ganked in Ashenvale will be a nice experience.

20 minutes ago, Ashix said:

Not getting ganked anywhere will be a nice experience.

FTFY.

;)

2 hours ago, Ashix said:

Not getting ganked in Ashenvale will be a nice experience.

That is one of the main reasons I want to play on a PvE server :D   

If I am in a ganking mood, I'll join a BG! That is what they are made for, no ?

On 9/24/2016 at 10:59 AM, Blackrobe said:

Though I must admit that Tauren are one and only great horde race for me in vanilla (probably of that milkxD) good decision! For the Alliance!!! (poor hordes must wait for me at least to TBC when my :x high elves come)

I am definitely gonna roll a Blood Elf once TBC releases... Best MMORPG race ever :)

Tbh imo Dranei are as perfect as Blood Elves in WoW. I m always heart broken when need to choose one over another (but almost always choose elves anyway, but thats is totally subjective:P, cause i love elves from many fantasy worlds, not only moon (ne) and sun (be) ones, but also sea, wild ones etc.:) And moreover its the only reason to roll horde, if i rolled dranei instead i d probably remain alliance believer 4everxD)

Power to the PvE servers!

Sick of getting spawn camped by that one obnoxious undead/nelf rogue.

Now, who has the balls to walk around with their PvP tag on :P