Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Beanlips

While We Wait

80 posts in this topic

Witcher series

Warcraft III campaign

Heartstone

and testing some vanilla stuff on K2

WoW (Kronos), Arma 3, Final Fantasy X, CSGO :) oh and Divnity (damn good rpg in co-op)

Halcyon 6 just got its proper release patch, was excellent in open development, is even better now.

It's like a cross between Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space 9 and Theme Hospital with turn based combat and funky retro graphics. Well worth a purchase.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Halcyon 6 just got its proper release patch, was excellent in open development, is even better now.

It's like a cross between Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space 9 and Theme Hospital with turn based combat and funky retro graphics. Well worth a purchase.

• Crowdfunded
  • Indie
  • Early Access
  • Pixel Graphics

This rings many alarm bells, and I'm sure not just for me.

It's no longer in early access, hence my post saying it's had its final release patch. Technically the official launch date is tomorrow, but functionally it's the same difference.

Where the funding came from and who made it is pretty much irrelevant to whether it's a good game or not. The pixel graphics don't bother me, but then I grew up playing MUDs and I'm not a graphics whore.

Currently Legion, Overwatch and HoTs. And I do browse kickstarter for new games every now and again, Crowfall is one I found and it looks pretty cool.

Finished Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines at last. Great game, what else can I say.

4 hours ago, Ester said:
  • Crowdfunded
  • Indie
  • Early Access
  • Pixel Graphics

Hm-m, that seems to hit all the right spots for me. Have to look into it!

I play the game "Check how the CF forums open on all kind of browsers", here an example of Netscape Communicator (15 year old version):

ss+(2016-09-07+at+12.22.35).png

5 minutes ago, Crogge said:

I play the game "Check how the CF forums open on all kind of browsers", here an example of Netscape Communicator (15 year old version):

ss+(2016-09-07+at+12.22.35).png

lool much fun much cringe !

I've been playing all sort of games from Steam.
The most recent one i've played is "This is the Police" quite fun game =)

46 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I've been playing all sort of games from Steam.
The most recent one i've played is "This is the Police" quite fun game =)

"This is the police" Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Just now, Beanlips said:

"This is the police" Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Well... if you're into that kind of games it really is fun to play.
I'm already into my 75th day and its looking frakkin' awesome =D
Lovin' every bit of the game, the stuff that happens in the game are so random man its so fun

47 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

What do you do in the game? Like run around as a cop, busting thugs.

Its like a strategy sim, you don't control your police force(directly), you control them by orders.
You order your police around, you can hire policemen or detectives, you can work with the Mafia(later on), there's a whole system behind the game like you need to please the people you work with or just ignore them and face the consequences, you can work with the Mayor, The Mafia, etc...
You'll eventually come accross some cases you need to solve, you receive frames for the case by the detectives you put on those cases.
You'll eventually find serial killers(well its the other way around actually, they find you =P) and you start getting clues about what they're doing and you have to solve it and you can hide it from the Mayor or you can share what's happening(the serial killer will tell you that you'll lose his trace if you share it tho).

etc etc etc etc...
If you get the game and play it, you won't regret it.
Again IF you're into that kind of games.
Its a Management adventure strategy indie crime game.

Edit: anyway u can check it out at Steam if you're interested.
Do you use Steam?

Edit #2 : Also i forgot something funny about the game, you can buy and play songs along the story of the game, and the long you progress the diferent machines u'll have to play songs =D
You start with a cassete player, then you'll have one of those old players with huge discs or whatever its called, and i think the last one is a little cd player.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

1 hour ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Its like a strategy sim, you don't control your police force(directly), you control them by orders.
You order your police around, you can hire policemen or detectives, you can work with the Mafia(later on), there's a whole system behind the game like you need to please the people you work with or just ignore them and face the consequences, you can work with the Mayor, The Mafia, etc...
You'll eventually come accross some cases you need to solve, you receive frames for the case by the detectives you put on those cases.
You'll eventually find serial killers(well its the other way around actually, they find you =P) and you start getting clues about what they're doing and you have to solve it and you can hide it from the Mayor or you can share what's happening(the serial killer will tell you that you'll lose his trace if you share it tho).

etc etc etc etc...
If you get the game and play it, you won't regret it.
Again IF you're into that kind of games.
Its a Management adventure strategy indie crime game.

Edit: anyway u can check it out at Steam if you're interested.
Do you use Steam?

Edit #2 : Also i forgot something funny about the game, you can buy and play songs along the story of the game, and the long you progress the diferent machines u'll have to play songs =D
You start with a cassete player, then you'll have one of those old players with huge discs or whatever its called, and i think the last one is a little cd player.

what drive me off from this game was the reviews. I guess there's no "good cop end", or you work with bad guys and do some dirty things, or you'll get 'finished' :P 

2 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

what drive me off from this game was the reviews. I guess there's no "good cop end", or you work with bad guys and do some dirty things, or you'll get 'finished' :P 

ye i wasnt gonna talk about that to not spoil it but yes the ending is not so great, but hey that's life =D
The game tries to copy real life to an extent and does it very well, for the ending can be said the same hehe

If if you don't work with the Mafia u get the same ending.
The police chief destiny is already written u can't do anything about it, you can just change your decisions but the end result will always be the same sadly, i just wish the devs would of made it diferently, they talk about making more game modes, but meh, the ending should be diferent, they definetly should add another ending or something.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

2 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

ye i wasnt gonna talk about that to not spoil it but yes the ending is not so great, but hey that's life =D
The game tries to copy real life to an extent and does it very well, for the ending can be said the same hehe

If if you don't work with the Mafia u get the same ending.
The police chief destiny is already written u can't do anything about it, you can just change your decisions but the end result will always be the same sadly, i just wish the devs would of made it diferently, they talk about making more game modes, but meh, the ending should be diferent, they definetly should add another ending or something.

Like ME3, where Devs make a exp pack and longer end cutscenes to let one of their ends be the 'good end' (with Shepard surviving, we can hear his breath then fade off). Some games let you do "sandbox" decisions, but all of them lead only in one way. This sucks :( 

Yea indeed, i still like the game tho, i've sink about almost 40 hours into it till now.
So yea its really fun, the game itself, but yea that ending man..

Sorry Clawz I was at class, yeah I got steam. I'll check it out when I get home.

Currently Playing: DotA 2, Path of Exile, Soul Calibur II and Morrowind.

Waiting For: Civilization VI, Tekken 7, MKXL, Crestfall, Crowfall, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Mordhau.

12 hours ago, Beanlips said:

Sorry Clawz I was at class, yeah I got steam. I'll check it out when I get home.

ok cool =)
Definetly a good game, already played at least 50 hours of it