Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!   258 members have voted

1. 1. What class will you play on Zul'dare?

• Druid
    • Hunter
    • Mage
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Rogue
    • Shaman
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
203 posts in this topic

Sorry, another Drood ;)

I'm an altoholic and it's time I tried to concentrate on levelling one character, so a hybrid would probably suit me best.

Part of me wants to try and level him resto to learn how to heal properly, then again another part wants to go feral so I can hit 60 asap and make an alt ^^

Either way he will be Herb/Alch/Fishing/Cook and probably feral - ROAWR!

25 minutes ago, Bobthebomb said:

Sorry, another Drood ;)

Either way he will be Herb/Alch/Fishing/Cook and probably feral - ROAWR!

I want to level cooking and fishing this time as well! Which side will you be on?

Well, I voted priest with the intention of healing but tbh I might actually end up going for a mage. Regardless of my newfound joy for healing, mage was my first class when I started playing WoW back in TBC. I've been tinkering with other classes since then but I always end up getting drawn to my water dispenser :x

I will be Alliance.

Fishing/cooking makes sense. If you have to sit there for ages fishing you might as well use your catch to level cooking and generate buff food at the same time. 

I'll play a warlock to 60 first then a priest. I leveled a priest (as my main) in vanilla and man did that suck.

either mage or lock. i like rolling on pve server because it allows me to roll an ally lock without being useless. 

locks are extremely fun to level, and summons are godtier in vanilla. makes you in demand.  

EDIT: totally forgot that this is planned progression to the next xpac. since i already main a lock on excalibur i think ill avoid a lock. 

now i think ill narrow it down to hunter or mage, since hunters are EZ leveling(which is something i prioritize, i dont LOVE the leveling like so many others, i just find it better than retail, so making it easier is a plus for me) and hunters are godlike in bc, plus the gear looks great and the old style of hunter pet care was a lot of fun and added immersion, even if it was frustrating at times. mages have just never really been not great, theyre always near the top of dps charts, great utility, sheeps, free mana while leveling, frost nova+blink, all good stuff. plus arcane/fire seems lots of fun in tbc and ive always wanted to give it a go.

Edited by MardestyGS
forgot a key aspect of the sevrer

WoW is not WoW if I'm anything other than a warrior... see you all in the dungeons!

Mage or priest. Probably mage this time but i love anathema so much, that im still not sure. Anyway voted for mage (100% sure gonna go for not chosen class as blood elf when TBC hits).

Also bear alt.

Really enjoyed playing mage on the Nostalrius PVE server, so i'm probably gonna roll mage again.

And i might make a warrior alt for some pew pew.

Going to roll warrior and whatever spec that's needed at the time (prot more than likely), but played as hunter from live beta to start of tbc so getting the urge to go back to hunter but not so sure if I want to be that miserable again.

Well, I've always mained either a frost mage (mixed with arcane for raiding) as I've always played pvp servers. But this time I'm thinking either holy paladin for the experience, or maybe a hunter again. But yeah I'll be using my long time name for any caster that I main, which could even be a priest... I think I need to settle on one class :/ 

Dwarf Hunter.Always played as a Horde, but will switch sides for the dwarf racial, too OP.Plus I don't enjoy leveling, but it is needed for me to feel attracted to my character so it can't be helped.Hunter is good all around in leveling pve and pvp, which is why I will roll one.

Edit: Now that I see people talk about alts, I realize making alt is beneficial, so I may have alt warlock or something, you know ? Just that I don't know how strong warlocks are (pvp wise) in end game vanilla (naxx time).I only know rogues/warriors do great then, I would like to know about hunters in that period aswell.

I am always interested in how good my character is in pvp, because there is nothing more frustrating to have than a feud/skirmish with someone and to not be able to kill him.This is disaster I do not wish to taste second time.

Edited by dailybs

Surv Hunter

There's always a need to flesh out the hunter ranks with some quality trapping and pet control, to show 'em how it's done.

When I reached 60 on retail the Burning Crusade released and I just hit 60 when the plug was pulled on Nost, so I still feel I really haven't done this.

I might dabble with a shaman or lock too though. I need an alt for my alchemical needs.

Hah is this for real? Most voted class is druid. That was abit of a shocker I must say. Also, nice to see warlocks getting some love in vanilla

Rogue for sure. Been one my whole retail experience up until MoP where I was a resto Shaman.

I was considering Druid but it seems like they are going to be overly popular. I'll most likely be playing Horde though so either Undead Mage or Orc Hunter.

Edited by Ashix

@Ashix I'd reccomed to take these kind of polls with a grain of salt. The statistic sample is so small compared to the expected server population that this poll means literally nothing. Play what you love more, it will go a long way :>

Dwarf paladin tank with either a rogue, mage or warrior alternative. 

Finally decided on druid. I have never leveled one above 25 across all expansions. I guess @Elicas' awesome guides motivated me and the vanilla experience coupled with a, for me, new class will make this almost a brand new experience. Will probably start out slow as I'll mainly play on the PVP-server. I'm not looking to do much raiding, rather level up a few 60s on both servers, max professions and make some gold and indulge in plenty of PVP. I like the entire raiding experience on TBC a lot more.  

I've finally decided to re create the character I had on the Nostalrius PvE server. I will be remaking my beloved Dwarf Hunter that was taken from me! 

how many fights in 55-60 pve content can rogues not participate in due to mechanics and squishiness? i tried hunter for a bit on k2 but its just too dull for me, too faceroll. its nice being able to handle any realistic pack and the low downtime and quick killing, but its just boring. so i now have it down to mage or rogue, and i leveled a rogue to 18(first time rolling a rogue in vanilla except for a lvl 6 i had on retail lawl) and i loved it, and ive leveled a mage to the mid 20s on nost and loved that as well. 

endgame playability is whats gonna sell me on one or the other. 

also, is it a nuisance keeping up with poisons while leveling?

Edited by MardestyGS

I've finally talked myself into it, I'm gonna be a rogue for the first time in 11 years of WoW. Usually I steer more towards warlock or slug it out as a hybrid dps but I think I've been in denial for too long, rogue is the class for me. Every single other class has at least 1 major downside in vanilla (in my opinion), rogue is unique in that it doesn't have any that I can think of.  

I will now proceed to list the virtues of rogues as I perceive them:*clears throat*

• they have stealth
  • they are better than average for soloing 
  • they don't have to buff in raids (I could never play a pally) 
  • they don't have mana (no ooming, no need for mana consumables) 
  • they have amazing dps
  • they are infuriatingly good for pvp 
  • they can be my favorite race (troll) 
  • they have a threat drop 
  • they have poisons (no need for sharpening stones) 
  • they are highly sought after for raids (see amazing dps) 
  • they have plenty of gear available with appropriate stats 
  • they have dps cooldowns
  • they have a more than 1 button rotation (it's like... 3 right?)
  • they aren't required to wear the ugly Bloodvine set (this is a bigger deal than I'd like to admit for me)

Usually I suffer from unique snowflake syndrome and I just need to play something that no one else plays. But I'm sick of chugging 20 elixirs as a hybrid only to oom 1 min into the fight, or being last on the dps meter after putting in twice as much effort as the guy who's first! I'm going to swallow my pride and be one of the dime a dozen edge kids for once!  

...I'd rather be a feral kitty but they're not very good.

Edited by Pahu