Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!   258 members have voted

1. 1. What class will you play on Zul'dare?

• Druid
    • Hunter
    • Mage
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Rogue
    • Shaman
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
203 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Pahu said:

...I'd rather be a feral kitty but they're not very good.

Release your inner yiff.

Alright, I wanted to heal as always - but I am changing stuff up and rolling mage. I really like AoE farming and this is the way to go :) I know it might be tricky for me when I'm gonna raid to hold up with the 1 button rotation >.<

But mages in pvp seems so cool

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 6:00 PM, MardestyGS said:

how many fights in 55-60 pve content can rogues not participate in due to mechanics and squishiness? i tried hunter for a bit on k2 but its just too dull for me, too faceroll. its nice being able to handle any realistic pack and the low downtime and quick killing, but its just boring. so i now have it down to mage or rogue, and i leveled a rogue to 18(first time rolling a rogue in vanilla except for a lvl 6 i had on retail lawl) and i loved it, and ive leveled a mage to the mid 20s on nost and loved that as well. 

endgame playability is whats gonna sell me on one or the other. 

also, is it a nuisance keeping up with poisons while leveling?

Poisons is not annoying to keep up while leveling, nor the profession or keeping poisons on your steel. You just stack up like a gazillion of them and you rarely run out. The only annoying thing about it is the quest horde side.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎08 at 4:16 PM, Pahu said:

I've finally talked myself into it, I'm gonna be a rogue for the first time in 11 years of WoW. Usually I steer more towards warlock or slug it out as a hybrid dps but I think I've been in denial for too long, rogue is the class for me. Every single other class has at least 1 major downside in vanilla (in my opinion), rogue is unique in that it doesn't have any that I can think of.  

I will now proceed to list the virtues of rogues as I perceive them:*clears throat*

• [see list down below] /Pinkbeard

Usually I suffer from unique snowflake syndrome and I just need to play something that no one else plays. But I'm sick of chugging 20 elixirs as a hybrid only to oom 1 min into the fight, or being last on the dps meter after putting in twice as much effort as the guy who's first! I'm going to swallow my pride and be one of the dime a dozen edge kids for once!  

...I'd rather be a feral kitty but they're not very good.

Since we're into rogues I'd just like to add my 2 cents to your nice list:

• they have stealth
    • yes
  • they are better than average for soloing 
    • I would say no. They can do stealth tricks but are squishy and melee. In general I'd say most classes have an easier time soloing. Rogues are however decent at farming/grinding because they kill stuff quickly and have no mana.
  • they don't have to buff in raids (I could never play a pally) 
    • Good point!
  • they don't have mana (no ooming, no need for mana consumables) 
    • Good point!
  • they have amazing dps
    • yes, gl on teh damage meters!
  • they are infuriatingly good for pvp 
    • depending on the arena. World of roguecraft much? xD Playing rogue in AV though, such cancer...
  • they can be my favorite race (troll) 
    • yes
  • they have a threat drop 
    • yes, more than one.
  • they have poisons (no need for sharpening stones) 
    • yes. Sometimes you don't even need poisons cause WF.
  • they are highly sought after for raids (see amazing dps) 
    • no. Well the point in itself might be correct but getting a raid spot as a rogue is not the easiest due to the abundance of them. I also do think most guilds want an even class distribution.
  • they have plenty of gear available with appropriate stats 
    • sure, but pre raid-gearing a rogue is a pain. Hard getting groups and every other class that can wear leather wants your gear.
  • they have dps cooldowns
    • yes
  • they have a more than 1 button rotation (it's like... 3 right?)
    • rogue rotation confirmed to be more than 1 button. :D
  • they aren't required to wear the ugly Bloodvine set (this is a bigger deal than I'd like to admit for me)
    • yes

Anyhoe, go for it!

I also decided to go prot warr. It'll be so nice getting groups and it'll suck ass to solo farm. If someone ever disagrees Imma pull this:

tankvalid.jpg

2 hours ago, Pinkbeard said:
  • they are highly sought after for raids (see amazing dps) 
    • no. Well the point in itself might be correct but getting a raid spot as a rogue is not the easiest due to the abundance of them. I also do think most guilds want an even class distribution.

hahaha, even class distribution :D like you would ever bring 5 druids or 5 hunters

1 hour ago, Zunnie said:

hahaha, even class distribution :D like you would ever bring 5 druids or 5 hunters

I stand corrected. Guess I should have added "somewhat" to that sentence to avoid nitpickery.

6 hours ago, Zunnie said:

Not most guilds maybe, but we would :D

Ok maybe not 5 druid dps, but maybe if some of them healed. One cat is cute enough to bring! And one moonkin sitting there out of mana is good for a laugh xD

I've made up my mind.

I was thinking of all the adventures and action I could be part of on the PvP realm, and then I had flashbacks of all the misery and helpless anger, which in turn triggered my PTSD.

I won't be able to go through all this ever again.

My main will be here, on the PvE realm. I will roll a ret paladin. Yes, retribution, which is said to be trash. My number one goal is accumulating wealth. If I can't be good, at least I'll be rich  : D

We can have a picnic in Moonglade one day! Sunshine and happiness!

Edit: I'll change my avatar when I'm back from work lol

Edited by ilovecats

Played ret/ h.pala years in tbc and wotlk and little in vanilla. Not long ago in the past i started druid. The "transformers" gameplay suited me and i will roll druid as tank/dps or feral/resto builds. Maybe will make alt paladin but probably in TBC expac cause from there i started my best moments with ret pala

We've had, what, 150 replies? I'd be interested to see what people pick for the PvP realm, since they don't have their own dedicated poll yet (incoming 99% rogues :P )

I am going to be spending a ludicrous amount of gold constantly respeccing to Ret for PvP goodness lol. If only it wasn't so garbage in PvE...

It's a really hart questions to answer, but I kind of got a direction I wanted to go.

First of all I have to decide what my main goal is. That is Raiding/Dungeons > Ranked PvP > Soloing.

Then I decide on a role.

- Tanking: Not so much, I don't enjoy it in vanilla or tbc really and I don't want to spend a fortune just to respecc for farming stuff on my own.
- Healing: I fell in love with healing in TBC so, a strong choice that I really like both in pve and pvp
- DPS: I like dpsing, but I know I get really competitive with it and want to do the best I can to top meters.

Now I got a lot of classes that I definitely do now want to play, because they fall through the grid from the beginning, and then I make a list on the speccs/classes that are left and that I enjoy.

DPS-Warrior: I love it, and I played it up till Cataclysm, so I know what to expect from it. Cons are that Leveling one is a pain, gearing requires an absurd amount of work, and not having a kind of guaranteed (or at least the chance to prove myself) raidspot sucks. I usually tend to prove myself quite well, but getting to that point is pretty hard. But if I get the chance I prolly take it despite the hard work.

Rogues: I never really played one in endgame, but I always like their approach. They bring good dps, and are on the harder side to play in vanilla. They are pretty easy to gear up as their sets are tailored to their role pretty much.

Restro-Druid: I don't enjoy feral of moonkin since there are inherently better dpses and I would feel that my class is holding me back. I love Resto in PvP from tbc upwards, but not so much in pve. So they are out.

Resto-Shaman: I played one in vanilla and tbc as an alt, but not really a thing that I would look forward to. Also I want to play alliance :P.

Holy-Paladin: I don't want to roll Ret in vanilla, maybe at the end of tbc or in wotlk. But paladins are good in PvE and PvP as healers. I loke their toolkit a lot and I like the fantasy of the holy warrior a lot. Tier 2 is godlike-looking as well. Holy gives some diversity in the off-trees and you can fit in SoC even for solo if other paladins in your raid already got BoK, and if not they are fun as well. And as I said, i like healing a lot.

DPS-Casters fall flat because I could not stand wearing bloodvine when it arrives. 

Now lets rank the alternatives!

(Fury)-Warrior > Rogue = Holy Paladin > other stuff

So it's not that hard afterall. If I get the chance to prove myself as a fury-warrior and do not have to tank, thats it. Rogue and Paladin are VERY close seconds without so much "work" as a warrior takes, but rogues tend to be overpopulated and I do not really want to base my raiding-"carreer" on pure luck that I will find a guild that looks for the class. So pretty clearly it will be a paladin, if things don't change.

On 8/24/2016 at 4:16 PM, Asura said:

Priest or Rogue.

I will also play priest AND rogue. Priest main and rogue as my alt. 

~ Shadyhaxx ~

72777343.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm probably going to play a priest/warrior/paladin/mage on Alliance and druid/shaman/paladin(once TBC comes along)/warlock/priest on Horde. We ain't got 9 character slots for nothing.

11 hours ago, Chilaverde said:

i`d play durid but that 15% in the poll makes me sad :(

It'll never finish that high in reality once the server launches.

38 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It'll never finish that high in reality once the server launches.

Don't know if I will roll mage or rogue.

Rogue has a lot going for it, especially the good-looking sets. Then again I like controlling the fight in skirmishes in PvP as a mage. Rough decision. 

Does anyone know roughly how the class distribution of the Nost PvE realm was? Just to get an idea what it could be here on the PvE realm.

1 hour ago, Caith said:

Does anyone know roughly how the class distribution of the Nost PvE realm was? Just to get an idea what it could be here on the PvE realm.

April 4th population hit new high of 4231

It was roughly 61% alliance and 39% horde

Alliance was:

Warrior > Paladin > Mage > Hunter > Priest > Warlock > Rogue > Druid

Horde was:

Warrior > Hunter > Shaman > Warlock > Mage > Priest > Rogue > Druid

I don't have percentages. On the Horde side other than warriors all the other classes were pretty close with only Druids in the dumpster

On Alliance the gaps were far more pronounced.

Hope this helps