Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!

What Class Will You Play? - PvE Edition!   256 members have voted

1. 1. What class will you play on Zul'dare?

• Druid
    • Hunter
    • Mage
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Rogue
    • Shaman
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
203 posts in this topic

Damn, I'm having second thoughts :( 

I love Druids. As someone who lacks the skill to raid, druids are perfect. In dungeons, BG's or just the world you can heal, tank, dps with claws or spells, mix heal/dps, sneak up on quest boses while levelling, stealth to those tasety fishing spots! But in truth, while I love helping people I am always afraid of letting them down, so I tend not to group or run dungeons, let alone raid.

My other option has always been a Paladin. Always willing to dive in and help someone in need, but a bit of a loner with standards he can't quite live up to. (Ye God's, I sound like I'm setting up for RP - lol)

This is bad, I was set on finally levelling a main to 60 before creating an alt (non bank ofc) and I am losing it months before the server has even opened! 

Bearing in mind raid utility is unimportant, what do I do? Go with the Druid fun or level that Holy Pally and make me a Shockadin?

/Sigh

7 hours ago, Bobthebomb said:

I love Druids. As someone who lacks the skill to raid, druids are perfect. In dungeons, BG's or just the world you can heal, tank, dps with claws or spells, mix heal/dps, sneak up on quest boses while levelling, stealth to those tasety fishing spots! But in truth, while I love helping people I am always afraid of letting them down, so I tend not to group or run dungeons, let alone raid.

My other option has always been a Paladin. Always willing to dive in and help someone in need, but a bit of a loner with standards he can't quite live up to. (Ye God's, I sound like I'm setting up for RP - lol)

This is bad, I was set on finally levelling a main to 60 before creating an alt (non bank ofc) and I am losing it months before the server has even opened! 

Bearing in mind raid utility is unimportant, what do I do? Go with the Druid fun or level that Holy Pally and make me a Shockadin?

/Sigh

Create 3 characters on day 1. Druid, Paladin, bank alt.

Level the one you feel you want to try the most first. Once you get to level 20, level the second to level 20. Shouldn't take more than ~20 hours in game time. You can then swap between the two as you allow them to build rest bonus, always leveling fully rested, always having something a bit different to play. By the time you're half way through leveling the character at level 50, you can decide which you want to continue with.

It's always more time efficient (from an in game time spent perspective) to level multiple characters at once.

Now that's a good idea Elicas, thanks.

I can sort of be true to my idea of one main via the resting xp bonus get-out while sating my normal desire to make multiple alts :)

I had planned on a bank alt which will be my only female character. She is a discipline priestess I use for BG's, but I will not really need her until TBC hits as I don't think the discipline build was that viable in vanilla.

16 hours ago, Bobthebomb said:

/Sigh

I think what you need to do is play with the right people! It sounds like you're not very confident, and you say yourself that you avoid grouping with others in case you let them down. I know how unforgiving some players can be, and if you've been told by someone "you suck", it can be hard to come back from that. I don't know if that's happened to you, but it's sure happened to me! I avoided PUGs in later stages of retail because I found it stressful the way people blasted through stuff without even looking at the chat. If you needed to drink (speaking as a healer, here), you were told you sucked. If DPS died from their own mistakes and I didn't have the time/chance to save them, you were told you sucked. I hated it. And I'm speaking as someone who has cleared all of TBC while content was relevant.

It may be that you don't have enough experience to easily breeze through content (though no one really does, especially not while leveling, unless they're horrendously overgeared). Call that lack of skill if you wish, but I think it's probably a matter of getting some practice. If you're in a guild with friendly people, they will help you if you need it. Not to carry you, but to help you understand your role, if you truly do lack "skill".

It may be that you underestimate yourself grossly, and you simply need a comfortable setting to come into your own. Again, can be helped by practicing with the right kind of people.

You're leveling a character in the CF social guild on Darrowshire, right? We should try and get some guild runs with, well, at least a couple of guildies together. I know it's difficult with different play times and levels and whatnot, but I'd be more than happy to try some dungeons with you. I promise I won't feel let down ;)

Rogue is my favorite class.  Especially in vanilla, they probably have the most complex rotation and ability management in a raid environment.  Stealthing is awesome while leveling and in bg's, and sprint + vanish is great for saving repair bills when your raid is fucking up/learning content.  Sadly everybody and their uncle, cousin, and acquaintance also likes playing rogues so getting a raid spot is difficult.

So I'll probably be going warlock.  Locks are tons of fun and a powerful soloing class for leveling.  I just wish raiding with them was more exciting than curse + shadowbolt spam.  I probably won't be able to nolife to 60 and be ahead of the curve, so maybe I'll take it slow and dual level with resting bonus.  I kind of want to try a shaman alt for TBC, but I'm planning on Alliance so that'll have to wait.  Maybe a priest would be fun to experiment with healing instead.

Cheers Yavannie,

You are right, I have had some pretty lousy experiences in dungeons on retail, it can be pretty toxic at times, especially since LFG came about.

It's a mix of both really. I will never be a raider as I do lack speed and (probably worse) the ability to memorise the instances/situations. I have healed the easier dungeons and DPS'd normal ones through to Cata. I did land in a good guild once and even tried to tank a WotLK instance on my druid; though the less said about that the better as I really didn't know the mechanics of druid tanking! We had a laugh and I swapped out to DPS, the joys of finding a good guild as you say.

I do have  a Mage on the CF social, only lvl 14 atm, but nearly ready for VC. Being me, I also have a Pally of similar level that I am levelling as Holy (yes, I know!)

Posted (edited)

On 3/1/2017 at 5:22 AM, Elicas said:

Create 3 characters on day 1. Druid, Paladin, bank alt.

Level the one you feel you want to try the most first. Once you get to level 20, level the second to level 20. Shouldn't take more than ~20 hours in game time. You can then swap between the two as you allow them to build rest bonus, always leveling fully rested, always having something a bit different to play. By the time you're half way through leveling the character at level 50, you can decide which you want to continue with.

It's always more time efficient (from an in game time spent perspective) to level multiple characters at once.

Ah thanks for the reminder lol. I gotta make my alts on day 1 and let them get rested xp.:p

I just can't settle on something and I'm frustrated. Come TBC I think I wish to move away from healing (since it seems to be plentiful in private servers) but I still want some nice utility instead of being a pure class, so its between Boomkin, Spriest and Elemental Shaman.

Heck I might just level one of each. Although I like the Night Elf moonkin colours more...oh fuck everything lol.

Edited by Adalon

3 hours ago, Adalon said:

Heck I might just level one of each. Although I like the Night Elf moonkin colours more...oh fuck everything lol.

Moonkins are cute. I too like the NE model more. And in the Alliance you can ride the lavender tiger!

Are you hyped yet???

4 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

Moonkins are cute. I too like the NE model more. And in the Alliance you can ride the lavender tiger!

Are you hyped yet???

Well after playing a little bit of TBC again (was just testing the hellground pre release server since it let you make an instant 70) and seeing the Druid tier sets, how a NE Male looks in them, along with specs being GOOD! (gasp) I just don't know anymore.

Druid lets me do everything, there's no denying that. They bring utility, which I like in feeling a little more useful than just pushing out dmg. 3% melee/ranged hit, 5% spell crit, innervate, battle rez, 2% avoidance for tanks. 

I'm odd. Its dumb because its an MMO, but I don't like being 'just another' of a class where raids take 4/5 of them. I like filling that spot where you want 1 or maybe 2 of something. Boomkin / Spriest / Ele can do that, while Druid lets me switch to anything should my wants or something else should change down the line. I wouldn't 'have' to reroll / relevel / reproff etc.

I guess if I go Druid I'd want alliance. The cat/moonkin form looks better imo. 

1 minute ago, Adalon said:

Well after playing a little bit of TBC again (was just testing the hellground pre release server since it let you make an instant 70) and seeing the Druid tier sets, how a NE Male looks in them, along with specs being GOOD! (gasp) I just don't know anymore.

Druid lets me do everything, there's no denying that. They bring utility, which I like in feeling a little more useful than just pushing out dmg. 3% melee/ranged hit, 5% spell crit, innervate, battle rez, 2% avoidance for tanks. 

I'm odd. Its dumb because its an MMO, but I don't like being 'just another' of a class where raids take 4/5 of them. I like filling that spot where you want 1 or maybe 2 of something. Boomkin / Spriest / Ele can do that, while Druid lets me switch to anything should my wants or something else should change down the line. I wouldn't 'have' to reroll / relevel / reproff etc.

I guess if I go Druid I'd want alliance. The cat/moonkin form looks better imo. 

Purple cats op. And later on you can turn into a bird and flyyyy... The form aspect is really cool.

Just now, ilovecats said:

Purple cats op. And later on you can turn into a bird and flyyyy... The form aspect is really cool.

Indeed. I hope I can find a group/guild that will pass on the Raven Lord mount should it drop from the Druid Q. I love that mount.

1 minute ago, Adalon said:

Indeed. I hope I can find a group/guild that will pass on the Raven Lord mount should it drop from the Druid Q. I love that mount.

I farmed it once. Too bad it can't fly :c

Posted (edited)

Basically a choice between Elf or Tauren. I think Elf looks better for Cat & Moonkin, while Tauren looks better for Bear and Flight.

Druid Forms.jpg

Edited by Adalon

4 minutes ago, Adalon said:

Basically a choice between Elf or Tauren. I think Elf looks better for Cat & Moonkin, while Tauren looks better for Bear and Flight.

<snip>

Meanwhiles, tree druids of any race are the bee's kness :D 

UD Warlock/Mage &

Orc Shaman for me

I really like druids too but i just cant roll a tauren lol

Well I'm going to have 3 characters, I'm just debating what to take first that's the best for farming mats I can feed to alts.

Druid (Female Tauren), Priest (Male Undead) & Shaman. (Male Troll)

I'm thinking Druid, just bank all the cloth I find to feed my Priest's tailoring with. Would be feral to farm and do dungeons as a Bear mostly, which would make it easier since ppl always want tanks. (I love healing more but I don't think I would raid for a while.)

So my choices left are what profs to take? Herb/Alc or Skinning/Leatherworking. I'll have both since a Shaman alt will be there, but do you think there's any slight advantage later on (say, TBC release) to having certain profs on certain classes? (Like Alchemist stone potion increases for an ele/resto shaman over a Druid who has innervate anyway?) Priest will be my Tailor for a while, maybe ill take mining and switch to JC when TBC comes too.

So many ideas! Just trying to get the best priority to make things quicker/easier.

Posted (edited)

On 24.3.2017 at 8:27 PM, Adalon said:

So my choices left are what profs to take? Herb/Alc or Skinning/Leatherworking. I'll have both since a Shaman alt will be there, but do you think there's any slight advantage later on (say, TBC release) to having certain profs on certain classes? (Like Alchemist stone potion increases for an ele/resto shaman over a Druid who has innervate anyway?) Priest will be my Tailor for a while, maybe ill take mining and switch to JC when TBC comes too.

Generally alchemy is good in every expansion to craft your own potions and make some money. However Leatherworking in tbc on your main can be quite usefull because of drums of battle. It depends on what aims you have got lategame-wise but if i remember correctly drums of battle were used quite heavily during sunwell raiding (at least that's what i heard during my tbc time, never raided sunwell myself). Apart from that i think drums of battle are a really nice addition to ANY group in tbc.

edit: I wanted to add that in my personal experience it's sufficient to have herb/alch on an alt because it doesn't give you THAT many characterbound benefits. Of course the chance to get the really rare flask recipes in vanilla are higher with your main because you will likely play more 5-mans with it but after all you need a huge amount of luck to get them anyway so for me it wouldn't be the deciding factor.

Edited by Mogri

26 minutes ago, Mogri said:

Generally alchemy is good in every expansion to craft your own potions and make some money. However Leatherworking in tbc on your main can be quite usefull because of drums of battle. It depends on what aims you have got lategame-wise but if i remember correctly drums of battle were used quite heavily during sunwell raiding (at least that's what i heard during my tbc time, never raided sunwell myself). Apart from that it think drums of battle are a really nice addition to ANY group in tbc.

edit: I wanted to add that in my personal experience it's sufficient to have herb/alch on an alt because it doesn't give you THAT many characterbound benefits. Of course the chance to get the really rare flask recipes in vanilla are higher with your main because you will likely play more 5-mans with it but after all you need a huge amount of luck to get them anyway so for me it wouldn't be the deciding factor.

Mmm I'll probably be Feral in vanilla then going Boomkin in TBC. Think Alc stone for +40% potion effects and flight form for super fast herb gathering would be the ideal. (To make it not mind numbing lol)

17 minutes ago, Adalon said:

Mmm I'll probably be Feral in vanilla then going Boomkin in TBC. Think Alc stone for +40% potion effects and flight form for super fast herb gathering would be the ideal. (To make it not mind numbing lol)

I have no experience with the alc stone. I guess it can be nice to have. Flight form for herb gathering is awesome, you are right with that. If you absolutley want flight form for herb gathering then go with herb/alch on your main (it will be the druid, right?), i think it's never a bad choice.

24 minutes ago, Mogri said:

I have no experience with the alc stone. I guess it can be nice to have. Flight form for herb gathering is awesome, you are right with that. If you absolutley want flight form for herb gathering then go with herb/alch on your main (it will be the druid, right?), i think it's never a bad choice.

Yea and since I wanna end up as Balance, it works out at least. I mean, I should be grped with an Ele shaman anyway, maybe one of them will get drums lol.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Adalon said:

Yea and since I wanna end up as Balance, it works out at least. I mean, I should be grped with an Ele shaman anyway, maybe one of them will get drums lol.

As far as i remember, the "fun" idea with drums was that EVERYONE in the group uses them so the raid is able to get a nearly constant haste buff when chained. It was used for bosses like M'uru and ultimately led to mandatory profession rerolls for whole raids. As i said, i never did sunwell myself but the idea of being forced into one profession with the whole raid to down a single boss sounds like nothing but dogshit to me and goes a bit to far... but i'm sure this doesn't belong here so i'll stop ;)

Edited by Mogri

I am not sure, but I think you cannot drink pots while shapeshifted. At least in vanilla.

6 hours ago, Joyman said:

I am not sure, but I think you cannot drink pots while shapeshifted. At least in vanilla.

No opposable thumbs. 👍

Rogue all the way with a mage alt.

19 hours ago, Joyman said:

Correct.

Night Elf Druid feral hybrid tank. For the Alliance!