Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquane

List of dungeon level requirements

on nost pvp and/or pve, i noticed that some people thought at times that I was at too low a level to run some dungeons, so im gonna make this list so that, for example, people won't demand that i be level 22 to dps shadowfang keep, and won't demand that i be at least level 25 to dps blackfathom deeps, or even worse demanding that i be level 32 to dps gnomergan; i don't particularly recall those specific things happening, but id imagine that they might happen

note that for the level 60 dungeons, the level requirements are gonna be alot easier to push as the server gets older and 60s get more gear; this list has the server's state shortly before the first gehennas kill in mind

disclaimers: im not so sure about the level requirements for the deadmines or the stomwind stockade, since I play horde

ragefire chasm: 13-16; 13 to dps or heal, at least 13 to tank; lvl 12 is also fine in RFC(unless you're the tank), but would preferably be accompanied by people of slightly higher levels, you can expect to beat ragefire chasm if the average level of the group is 13, but not if the average level is 12

wailing caverns: 18-22; 18 at the minimum to heal or dps, 19 at the minimum to tank; a group where noone is above level 20(upon entering) should be fine; don't expect to beat WC if the average level of the group is lower than 19

the deadmines: presumably 18-23; 19 to tank, i don't know much about deadmines

shadowfang keep: 19-24; this is notably harder than wailing caverns; you shouldn't dps until you're level 21 or so, and you shouldn't tank until lvl 22, and level 20 is okay for healing if you're good at it, 19 is the hard minimum, and at that level you might be getting carried through some parts unless you're the healer, in which case i hope you've got gear; don't expect to get too far after commander springvale if the average level of the group is below 21.5 excluding the healer

blackfathom deeps: 22-27; most players will have no business in BFD after level 28 unless they really want that 2h sword, healers can be lvl 22, the dps can range from 23-24, the tank should be at least level 24, 23 if you're tank spec; dont expect to get too far if the average level of the group excluding the healer is below 23

the stormwind stockade: db.vanillagaming.org says 24-32, so ill leave it at that since i don't clearly recall playing alliance past level 2 outside of a test server or something

razorfen kraul: 28-33; 27 is the hard minimum for both dps and healers; the tank should be at least level 29, 28 if tank spec; don't be so intimidated by charga razorflank's high level(which hopefully won't be nerfed); a good group where noone is above 30 should be able to beat her if they at least wait for hp and mana to fill up, or maybe even actually think about what they're doing; if conventional tactics fail a druid or paladin could heal or a warrior tank could use retaliation at the start then spam battle shout for aggro if need be; notably horde can't get all of the razorfen kraul quests until level 30, so maybe you should wait until then to do it; you can expect to beat razorfen kraul with a group whose average level is 30 excluding the healer, 29 might be pushing it but id imagine that that is also doable

scarlet monastery: graveyard: 29-35; even if the whole party is level 29 you should do fine here if you don't get reckless or mess up, i guess 28 is okay at the bare minimum if you're a healer

gnomergan: 29-34; gnomergan is significantly harder than razorfen kraul; the tank should be level 29 at the minimum, and the healer should be 28 at the bare minimum; 29 is probably fine for the dps; don't expect to beat gnomergan if the group's average level is lower than 29

scarlet monastery: library: 33-40; a group of level 33 guys should do fine in SM library if they don't mess up and know what they're doing; the tank would ideally be at least level 34 but don't be afraid to get a lvl 33 tank if you're desperate; 32 is the hard minimum for healers

scarlet monastery: armory: 36-42; a group of level 37-38 players should do okay there, 34 is the hard minimum for healers(if heal specced), 36 is the soft minimum; the tank should ideally be at least level 37

scarlet monastery: cathedral: 37-42; a group of level 38-39 players should do okay in SM cathedral, 39 minimum for the tank is not prot(unless you're desperate), 38 if prot, 37 is the soft minimum for healers

razorfen downs: 37-43; a group of level 37-39 guys should do fine in RFD, 36 is the soft minimum for healers there; don't expect to get too far if the average level of the group is lower than 38

uldaman: 41-48; 42 is the hard minimum for dps unless you have alot of hit from talents, and 40 is the hard minimum for a healer, if you're heal specced; the tank should be at least level 43 if prot, 44 if not prot unless you're desperate; don't expect to get too beat the final boss if the average level of the group is lower than 43 excluding the healer

zul'farrak: 41-50; 40 is the hard minimum for a healer, and 41 is the hard minimum for dps, the tank should preferably be at least be level 42 at the hard minimum, but don't expect to get too far if the average level of the group is 42 excluding the healer

maraudon: 46-60; 44 is the hard minimum for healers, 46 is the soft minimum; 46 is the hard minimum for dps, and 47 is the minimum for tank specced tanks, 48 if not tank specced; don't expect to get very far after celebras if the average level of the group is lower than ~47.5 excluding the healer; you may be able to 4 man the dungeon if you have 2 60s

sunken temple: 48-60; 48 is the hard minimum level for doing that place as a healer, 50 as a dps unless you can offheal; the tank should be at least level 51, 50 if tank spec; don't expect to beat the final boss if the average level of the group is below 52 excluding the healer

blackrock depths: 48-60 before golem lord and grim guzzler and bael'gar, 52-60 before the summoner's tomb and bael'gar, 58-60 after the summoner's tomb and to fight bael'gar; BRD is the easiest level 60 instance, but don't be afraid to let a level 58 guy in there unless you think you'll have trouble with the lyceum due to the group composition; 56 is okay for a healer if you're going after bael'gar but not going to the lyceum

dire maul: east: 54-60; a group of level 55-56 guys should do allright in there as long as they aren't reckless or hasty

lower blackrock spire: 56-60; 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

scholomance: 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

stratholme dead side: 58-60; 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

dire maul: north: 58-60; 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

dire maul: west: 58-60; 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

stratholme live side: 58-60; 56 is the hard minimum for a healer, 58 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 58 is the hard minimum for a dps, and 60 is the minimum for a tank unless you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healer

upper blackrock spire: 58-60; 58 is the hard minimum for a healer, 59 is the soft minimum for a healer, and 59 is the hard minimum for a dps IF you can offheal, 60 if you can't, and 60 is the minimum for a tank, even if you're desperate; don't expect to beat the final boss if the group's average level is below 59.5 excluding the healers and tanks

Edited by Aquane

3 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

Are you horde?

i don't clearly recall playing alliance past level 2 outside of a test server, and I don't plan to anytime soon

Nice I figured you were horde, from the comment,"I don't know much about Deadmines". 

This is why I choose horde. Because people like this, who go the extra mile to help the community. Thank you; for the horde.

Edited by Beanlips

Official recommended level ranges afaik were these:

----------------------------

RFC: 13-18

Deadmines/WC: 17-24

SFK: 22-30

Stockade/BFD: 24-32

Gnomer/RFK: 29-38

SM: 34-45 (graveyard 32+, library 34+, armoury 36+, cathedral 38+)

RFD: 37-46

Uldaman: 41-51 (42+ for disc quest though)

ZF: 44-54

Mara: 46-55

ST: 50-60

BRD: 52-60* (56+ for emperor)

DM: 55-60* (east 55+, west/north 58+)

LBRS: 55-60*

Strat/Scholo: 58-60*

Naturally these can be flaunted, though a low-level tank will struggle much more than a low-level healer/dps. (that's when the utility comes in from CC, pets, kiting etc.)

(*quest runs only, farm runs will always be 60)

8 hours ago, Momonn said:

Official recommended level ranges afaik were these:

RFC: 13-18

Deadmines/WC: 17-24

SFK: 22-30

Stockade/BFD: 24-32

Gnomer/RFK: 29-38

SM: 34-45 (graveyard 32+, library 34+, armoury 36+, cathedral 38+)

RFD: 37-46

Uldaman: 41-51 (42+ for disc quest though)

ZF: 44-54

Mara: 46-55

ST: 50-60

BRD: 52-60* (56+ for emperor)

DM: 55-60* (east 55+, west/north 58+)

LBRS: 55-60*

Strat/Scholo: 58-60*

Naturally these can be flaunted, though a low-level tank will struggle much more than a low-level healer/dps. (that's when the utility comes in from CC, pets, kiting etc.)

(*quest runs only, farm runs will always be 60)

now why would someone choose to do RFC after level 17, or SFK after level 28(unless they really want aragaul's loot), or BFD after level 29?

why would someone do gnomergan or RFK after level 35, or RFD after level 43?

why would anyone do uldaman after level 49 or ZF after level 50?

and who would let a level 55 guy in LBRS unless he was the healer?

also @beanlips would you get a more sensible avatar?

Edited by Aquane

I've got a similar list in the druid forums with all the relevant Feral druid drops.

Nice list dude!

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

Formatting, for the love of god, Montresor, formatting!

being bold is a blessing?

nice list but you should indeed format it!

Edited by Munin

People usually require level 19-20 for deadmines, especially melee dps, because you can aggro an extra level of the ship if you are too low and the later part of deadmines is low 20 mobs so lower levels will just miss every single attack for the second half of the instance and you have to carry them.

This is a copy from my preparation sheet. I made there the best moment to go for instances as WARRIOR (during leveling). It's horde side and it's compiled with Joana's guide, so You always have enough clvl to take all the possible quests and to tank w/o possible wipes. Also phrases like "No shamans, No hunter" means: If You are a leader of the party it's very good to not bring those classes for instance (because of warrior loot they gonna roll for). It's kinda boorish but getting good weapons while leveling warrior is a way to level up faster.

RFC (Barrens 12-15 part 25) - Any
WC (Barrens 16-20 part 13') - Any
SFK - (Barrens 22-23 part 1) No shamans
BFD - (Stonetalon 23-25 part 21) No hunters
RFK - (1k needles 31-32 part 1) No shamans/hunters
SM lib/arm (desolace 32-34 part 64) - No shamans/hunters
RFD (dustwallow 38-39 part 28) - No shamans/hunters
SM cath (STV 39-40 part 26) - No hunters/shamans
ULDA (swamp of sorrows 41-42 part 22) - No hunters
ZF (feralas 45-46 part 22) - Any
MARA 1st - (azshara 46-47 part 5) Any
MARA 2nd - (feralas 49-49 part 1) No shamans/rogues/hunters
ST (hinterlands 50-51 part 13) - Any
BRD quest run (burning steppes 53-54 part 12) - Any

the only lvl req that matters is entrance lvl, not the recommenend lvl for a grp of mouthbreathers, dont u think?

RFC 10+ 
WC/ DM 12+ 
SFK - dont know since im filthy alliance, prob 16+ 
BFD - no idea aswell
Stock - 20+

RFK/ Gnome - 25+
SM 27/28+
RFD 34+ not sure on this one
ULDA 35+
ZF 43+
MARA 40+
ST 45/46+
BRD 48+

im somewhat sure everything else was 55/56+

now if someone would take care of proper format, fill the gaps & add final boss lvl, loot lvl & req lvl for quests this list could end up being actually useful for someone. :)

edit: enemys being 'red' lvl doesnt stop you from clearing. some are pretty tough tho ill admit that: WC/DM due to white gear, uldaman due to crazy ass lvl difference and such. but most of them are doable with 5 lows. done already. overall experiences with shitty high lvl grps prevents ppl from tryin tho, which is a pitty.

Edited by Yakooki

13 hours ago, Yakooki said:

the only lvl req that matters is entrance lvl, not the recommenend lvl for a grp of mouthbreathers, dont u think?

RFC 10+ 
WC/ DM 12+ 
SFK - dont know since im filthy alliance, prob 16+ 
BFD - no idea aswell
Stock - 20+

RFK/ Gnome - 25+
SM 27/28+
RFD 34+ not sure on this one
ULDA 35+
ZF 43+
MARA 40+
ST 45/46+
BRD 48+

im somewhat sure everything else was 55/56+

now if someone would take care of proper format, fill the gaps & add final boss lvl, loot lvl & req lvl for quests this list could end up being actually useful for someone. :)

edit: enemys being 'red' lvl doesnt stop you from clearing. some are pretty tough tho ill admit that: WC/DM due to white gear, uldaman due to crazy ass lvl difference and such. but most of them are doable with 5 lows. done already. overall experiences with shitty high lvl grps prevents ppl from tryin tho, which is a pitty.

The recommended level ranges as suggested by Aquane and others is far better to go by. For example, you don't wanna go Sunken Temple with a lvl 45 group, or Scholo with lvl 55 group.

1 minute ago, Pinkbeard said:

you don't wanna go Sunken Temple with a lvl 45 group, or Scholo with lvl 55 group.

yeah thats right, but you might wanna pick a friend up and would like to know if he is able to enter.

It is possible to do them with a low-level group, but you'll have to be right on the ball and prepared to wipe a bit. In fact the very last thing I did on Nost was an Uldaman run with a lvl 39 tank, we got all the way through it before the guardian room bugged and locked us out of the last bit :( (I did have a plan for the last boss though, involving my pet). 

Depends on the instance though...lower-lvl ones you don't have many talent points for, higher-lvl ones tend to have trickier bosses (Archaedas, ZF stairs, Hakkar, Eranikus etc.) and ofc the endgame ones you won't get pugs that are willing to try with anything under 60. (when 58 is doable).  It's good when such a run happens though, it's one of the things I love about vanilla. (doing stuff that you're supposedly too low for)

On 6. 11. 2016 at 3:57 PM, duzyizly said:

Also phrases like "No shamans, No hunter" means: If You are a leader of the party it's very good to not bring those classes for instance (because of warrior loot they gonna roll for).

If you ever happen to do this with rogue, it boils down to "no hunters, druids, shamans, keep an eye on the warriors".