Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

The 1.12.1 Resto Druid (PvE)

68 posts in this topic

@Rummi - Insightful Hood won't be on this server at launch, DM won't be dropping until after MC/Onyxia is cleared, which is why Cassandras is my BiS helm.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rummi I am not sure if I will be rolling druid, I am just saying my experience on Kronos. Also with set bonus my flash heal was 1.3 sec and still I didn't get much from that trinket. I know its best, still if the price is the same it should be ignored for the most part of the healers. If you don't have good guild where you trade cards and they let you get that ace of beasts as I got it on our guild run I would say skip it. I used QuickHealing on my priest and I loved it. I used it only when not in emergency, mana efficiency is superb. I would never cast Heal or Lesser Heal without that addon. Let alone alot of downranking of the other spells. So while questing/dungeons/out of combat in raid/etc its quite helpful. You lower your mana drinking and more playing, fighting more groups repeatedly in dungeons without mana drinking. I remember with preraid bis with guild I rarely drank mana in Strat UD combined with some Inner Focus+Prayer of Healing. Its getting off topic so I would apologize to Elicas.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elicas That's a good point. Is cassandras grace out since launch though? I don't think it was on nostralius but can't remember exactly. 

 
@Joyman Well I hope you consider going Druid. There were not many on nostralius. I see where you are coming from with the blue dragon. I definitely wouldn't use it on many fights, but is the best at what it does so I would still pick it up. I still disagree about quickheal. You gotta plan ahead and think about how much health your target will have when your heal goes off not when you begin casting it. 
 
(My phone won't let me cite people so I will edit when I get home tonight)
Edited by Rummi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rummi said:

@Elicas That's a good point. Is cassandras grace out since launch though? I don't think it was on nostralius but can't remember exactly. 

 
@Joyman Well I hope you consider going Druid. There were not many on nostralius. I see where you are coming from with the blue dragon. I definitely wouldn't use it on many fights, but is the best at what it does so I would still pick it up. I still disagree about quickheal. You gotta plan ahead and think about how much health your target will have when your heal goes off not when you begin casting it. 
 
(My phone won't let me cite people so I will edit when I get home tonight)

I actually have no idea when it was added. I can't find it on the archived version of Alakhazam at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering druid, just don't want to end to that point as I was on Kronos - holy priest with little chance of farming capabilities and I like to farm and nobody of my friends does. Otherwise healers are probably my best classes, I was mostly healer when I played on retail. Don't know how is resto doing as farmer. This is why I am considering dps classes too. I am slow leveler for dinging more chars just for farming. As much as avoidance is stacking on the tank its getting more and more harder to predict when to heal. You can mostly go with chain casting big heals with stopcasting macro, which is lame imo and relies alot on lag(its missing). Usually in dungeons I heal in such way that it let me maximize my mana. Wait at least 4 party members to get 30%+ missing hp to cast mass heal. And my best heal is my hot. Its instant cast and gives me time occasionally out of 5 sec rule. I really should stop - off topic is strong here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2016 at 0:32 AM, Joyman said:

I am considering druid, just don't want to end to that point as I was on Kronos - holy priest with little chance of farming capabilities and I like to farm and nobody of my friends does. Otherwise healers are probably my best classes, I was mostly healer when I played on retail. Don't know how is resto doing as farmer. This is why I am considering dps classes too. I am slow leveler for dinging more chars just for farming. As much as avoidance is stacking on the tank its getting more and more harder to predict when to heal. You can mostly go with chain casting big heals with stopcasting macro, which is lame imo and relies alot on lag(its missing). Usually in dungeons I heal in such way that it let me maximize my mana. Wait at least 4 party members to get 30%+ missing hp to cast mass heal. And my best heal is my hot. Its instant cast and gives me time occasionally out of 5 sec rule. I really should stop - off topic is strong here.

resto druid farm is only possible via dungeons or gathering, etc.. on nost i mostly farmed gold through dungeons, its great, u can easily make 25-50 gold per dungeon run if u get lucky with green/blue drops.
i'm also going for druid, since i've played Druid on Nost and i'm playing right now on Elysium until Crestfall releases.
Druid is the sh*t =)

Btw i recommend just creating a mage for gold, its the best class to farm gold, you just go somewhere pull +20 mobs, slow them down + blizzard, repeat, repeat, etc.. until they are dead.
Much profit !

Edited by ClawzTheMeow
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of an addon to my post. I remembered that rank 3 ht was bugged on nostralius and getting about 20 percent more bonus heal from gear then it should of been. Basically ever spell under lv 20 should get a penalty to bonus heal, but this  was not the case on  Nostralius. 

If that does work here then I would use rank 4 more then rank 3 until you got good aq gear. 

I also found this neat resource for resto druids with some macros https://nirklars.wordpress.com/wow/vanilla-wow-druid/.

Edited by Rummi
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gift of Nature Druid Resto Talent and Spiritual Healing Priest holy talent work exactly the same.

they give a base %modifier (1-5 points invested for 2%-10% of your BASE healing spell's min-max values.

 

these talents do not scale with +healing or any other bonus from gear. it is strictly modifiying the base value of healing spells and increasing them(no coefficients).

not sure if many people knew about it, but you can look at the Spell ID and see the Modifier it does:

(6) Apply Aura #108: Add % Modifier (8)

@Darkrasp can talk more about it and how it affects your spells.

 

 

on to the Druid funsies.

a druid in our Guild played around with this regrowth spec and 5pc t2.

granted it gave high hps numbers and lots of residual healing, but heres the build:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLxIMboZZxEck0aV

21/0/30

 

the goal is 50% crit baseline with downranked regrowth (equal it to the same amount of healing as an HT 3 or 4 depending on your +healing or Mana Pool).

Natures Grace combos with the 50% baseline regrowth crit which is about 1 out of 2 regrowth's will be a crit (in theory). added on top of your player's spell crit chance as well.

with NG, you gain speed. this speed is to snipe heal low targets that can compete with a holy pally's flash of light. rejuvenation is not a concern spell to use here.

 

I'm not a fan of this build as it is very wasteful on mana and requires you to use your own innervate, but it is quite a lot of fun to see numbers and 18 second hots floating around 40 players in a raid setting.

the downfall to this spec:

healing threat from all the hot's ticking and the rate at which the player is healing.

Druids aren't known for their threat reduction and removal. Priests can drop a static 1k threat with fade, a pally can bubble, but a druid can only go bear and eat dirt.

 

 

out of the 3 specs + this one, its about 4 total specs a druid can play for Resto.

in my opinion, Swiftmend or full resto build's priority is rejuvenation and tank snipe healing to prevent burst damage. in between rejuv timer management, you cast healing touch to fill the gap.

 

NG+Moonglow HT spec is basically the mana battery spec of druids. these specs can go for long periods of time healing and can compete with healing speed of a pally when they acquire the Idol of Health from Viscidus in AQ40.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22399

this build is great for starting resto druids who have some gear and +healing to support lengthy encounters.

 

the other favorite one is the Heart of the Wild offtank bear healing build.

this build is great in the beginning of being a fresh 60 where you can heal and backup tank when needed. the only downfall is bagspace for 2 gear sets and no Resurrection spell. 

 

 

Swiftmend plays totally different then healing touch spam on the moonglow/NG build or heart of the wild build. however, the regrowth build is another funsie build that elminates the need for other druids to cast regrowth and assists the swiftmend druid out in times of need as they can swiftmend your regrowth hots if they dont have a Rejuv present. (great for snipe raid healing in 20 mans)

 

 

<3

bear tanks are fat btw.

please downsize.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every rank of gift of nature gives you  8 extra healing for rank 3 ht on average, I think. Which is like 14 +heal for that spell.  

I would go 21/0/30 just for vael in all honesty. But I would take the 5 points out of natures focus. Regrowths base healing is very little even factoring in the crit and the mana use is very high. But it gives you faster cast speed on average. One thing you can do is write a macro that heals r3 ht every time regrowth crits. That might solve some of the mana issues of that build while keeping the fast cast time.  Although you won't be getting as many procs of ng. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2016 at 7:30 PM, Rummi said:

Every rank of gift of nature gives you  8 extra healing for rank 3 ht on average, I think. Which is like 14 +heal for that spell.  

I would go 21/0/30 just for vael in all honesty. But I would take the 5 points out of natures focus. Regrowths base healing is very little even factoring in the crit and the mana use is very high. But it gives you faster cast speed on average. One thing you can do is write a macro that heals r3 ht every time regrowth crits. That might solve some of the mana issues of that build while keeping the fast cast time.  Although you won't be getting as many procs of ng. 

i agree. hence why i dont approve of playing it.

i just wanted to put the info out there since i had a druid in my guild play it and had some success with it.

though, i am more on the side of efficiency over wastefulness when it comes to healing. just my personal preference.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2016 at 7:30 AM, Rummi said:

Every rank of gift of nature gives you  8 extra healing for rank 3 ht on average, I think. Which is like 14 +heal for that spell.  

I would go 21/0/30 just for vael in all honesty. But I would take the 5 points out of natures focus. Regrowths base healing is very little even factoring in the crit and the mana use is very high. But it gives you faster cast speed on average. One thing you can do is write a macro that heals r3 ht every time regrowth crits. That might solve some of the mana issues of that build while keeping the fast cast time.  Although you won't be getting as many procs of ng. 

the build doesn't have mana issues, you don't even need to use innervation. You simply mix up regrowth 4 with Ht 2/3/4 and adjust to how long the fight goes. No fights even go very long anyway.  Given that you use ht so often you need to have natures focus. especially if you have to switch to single target healing.  Vael is fun depending on the circumstances, the best ones are when your raid is undergeared and takes lots of damage, but if they aren't taking lots of damage and they have good gear, stand in the right place and have fire resist pots etc it can be less than spectacular even if you are pi-ed because there is no-one to heal.

Edited by Cosmotini
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, imbaslap said:

i agree. hence why i dont approve of playing it.

I also disapprove of this terrible spec and the terrible and wasteful people that use it. What kind of person runs around spamming regrowth 4 blindly, claiming to be a "raid healer" to avoid any responsibility, and then topping the healing meters?  That must have really annoyed you, just watching all that mana get wasted like that. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time a Druid is geared enough and competent enough to decide to move away from standard builds to even more niche builds like the above, they really don't need a basic Druid healers guide, so it is somewhat out of the scope of the OP. Outside of a few very specific fights I don't see where it would be useful, and I'm also not a fan of blanket HoT's and meter padding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never take Natures Focus for a raid unless you are deep resto. There are better options in the tree. Regrowth rank 4 is 350 mana of course you will have mana issues if you spam it. That's the point of the spec, you use consumables on cool down and get a snipe heal for it. It's a farm spec, not a serious progression one and it will fall apart in longer fights. You can top the meters with it though in shorter farm content.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so what is the best bild for 60 rdruid in good equip(for exp in T2 from BWL)?(i dont understand. is it better to cast HT r2-3 or to do Rej on all raid) can someone explaine 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, antgor said:

so what is the best bild for 60 rdruid in good equip(for exp in T2 from BWL)?(i dont understand. is it better to cast HT r2-3 or to do Rej on all raid) can someone explaine 

Choose spec 3 (24/0/27), Rejuv on the main tank if you are chosen to by the healing leader or if you're in a dungeon, HT rank 2 on anything you like, HT rank 3 if somethings taking a bit of a pounding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Elicas said:

Choose spec 3 (24/0/27), Rejuv on the main tank if you are chosen to by the healing leader or if you're in a dungeon, HT rank 2 on anything you like, HT rank 3 if somethings taking a bit of a pounding.

ty for answer)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09.10.2016 at 11:18 PM, Elicas said:

Choose spec 3 (24/0/27), Rejuv on the main tank if you are chosen to by the healing leader or if you're in a dungeon, HT rank 2 on anything you like, HT rank 3 if somethings taking a bit of a pounding.

want to ask about resto in world pvp. can he be a good heal in it?(not to lose his mana in 1min of it)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, antgor said:

want to ask about resto in world pvp. can he be a good heal in it?(not to lose his mana in 1min of it)

No idea, I don't PvP as resto, I usually play a flag runner. I especially don't world PvP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.10.2016 at 0:02 AM, Elicas said:

No idea, I don't PvP as resto, I usually play a flag runner. I especially don't world PvP.

can u tell more about 5 sec rule.does it work when i cast Rej(instant cast)? and if i cast HT dose it works after finishing cast or when i start it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I'm not sure if this is off-topic but I was looking to make a sort of Resto/Feral leveling spec? So I took the Hybrid spec you put in your guide and changed it a bit to this: 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0Zx0gcfbdxtxcoxo

Do I suck at making builds? xD

I just want to be able to heal instances while I level but also not be trash at solo questing as cat. Any suggestions are appreciated. :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hipzter said:

Hey I'm not sure if this is off-topic but I was looking to make a sort of Resto/Feral leveling spec? So I took the Hybrid spec you put in your guide and changed it a bit to this: 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0Zx0gcfbdxtxcoxo

Do I suck at making builds? xD

I just want to be able to heal instances while I level but also not be trash at solo questing as cat. Any suggestions are appreciated. :P 

It's not bad, but for a leveling spec I would prioritize Furor over Improved Mark of the Wild in the first Tier in the Resto tree. It's an amazing talent for Feral that I wouldn't pass up until you hit 60, then you can switch it back if you want to be the buff bot druid in your raid.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, antgor said:

can u tell more about 5 sec rule.does it work when i cast Rej(instant cast)? and if i cast HT dose it works after finishing cast or when i start it?

It is triggered from every spell, even instant cast spells. It starts when you finish the cast, not when you start casting. Essentially you can pre-cast HT and as long as you cancel the spell before completion you can continue regening while waiting for an opportunity to allow the heal to complete.

10 hours ago, Hipzter said:

Hey I'm not sure if this is off-topic but I was looking to make a sort of Resto/Feral leveling spec? So I took the Hybrid spec you put in your guide and changed it a bit to this: 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0Zx0gcfbdxtxcoxo

Do I suck at making builds? xD

I just want to be able to heal instances while I level but also not be trash at solo questing as cat. Any suggestions are appreciated. :P 

Try this instead.

The energy reduction on Shred is only useful when grouping (it's Druid version of backstab) and you'll only use it once per mob while leveling, and then only if you bother stealthing to your target.

Charge on the other hand is very important, it's one of the only spell interrupts we have. Pulled 2 mobs? Kill the first, shift from Cat to caster, Rej, Bear, charge the caster you accidently pulled while grabbing the first mob and interrupt it, shift to caster, Rej, shift to Cat. With Furors you can shift back into cat with enough energy to get off your first claw immediately.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.10.2016 at 10:38 AM, Elicas said:

It is triggered from every spell, even instant cast spells. It starts when you finish the cast, not when you start casting. Essentially you can pre-cast HT and as long as you cancel the spell before completion you can continue regening while waiting for an opportunity to allow the heal to complete.

Try this instead.

The energy reduction on Shred is only useful when grouping (it's Druid version of backstab) and you'll only use it once per mob while leveling, and then only if you bother stealthing to your target.

Charge on the other hand is very important, it's one of the only spell interrupts we have. Pulled 2 mobs? Kill the first, shift from Cat to caster, Rej, Bear, charge the caster you accidently pulled while grabbing the first mob and interrupt it, shift to caster, Rej, shift to Cat. With Furors you can shift back into cat with enough energy to get off your first claw immediately.

Ty. what do u think about whis http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0ZE0Mssbdxqxcoxo ? as i never play on classic so i dont know if thick hide is good and i dont know how much i will use ferosious bite(on WoLK beter to use bleed abilitis) in lvling and i dont see benefits in 1/5 for Nature^s focus 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now