Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

The 1.12.1 Resto Druid (PvE)

68 posts in this topic
54 minutes ago, antgor said:

Ty. what do u think about whis http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0ZE0Mssbdxqxcoxo ? as i never play on classic so i dont know if thick hide is good and i dont know how much i will use ferosious bite(on WoLK beter to use bleed abilitis) in lvling and i dont see benefits in 1/5 for Nature^s focus 

From the feral tree, if you're mainly playing as cat, Thick Hide will help you while leveling and the only two finishers you'll ever really be using is Rip and FB. In groups, you'll probably only ever use FB, and in raids you will only ever use FB.

The 1 point in Natures Focus is mainly to give that little extra boost to survivability for a group if you get aggro, also works againt pvp attacks. If there is more than one Druid in the group, the one with the highest points in improved Mark of the Wild will overwrite everyone elses Mark. Since it's a talent that all pure resto Druids put 5 in, it's likely that you will never get any use out of that point except in 5 man dungeons. Even then, a 7% bonus to MotW is likely inferior to a 14% chance to reduce pushback. Depending on the content you are doing and the other Druids available, it's probable that dropping IS and having 2 points in NF would be superior.

Druid has some of the more interesting talent trees in Vanilla, plenty of options for viably placed off points.

What is the difference between the "0/30/21 Feral - Resto hybrid" in this post and the "Feral/Resto Hybrid 0/30/20+1" and variant mentioned in your "A Grizzly Situation - Feral Druid 1.12.1 (PvE, tanking and DPS)"?

I'm thinking about rolling a druid but I don't know which spec is most suitable to leveling and dungeons in the road to 60.

Thanks in advance my dear @Elicas

5 hours ago, Toche said:

What is the difference between the "0/30/21 Feral - Resto hybrid" in this post and the "Feral/Resto Hybrid 0/30/20+1" and variant mentioned in your "A Grizzly Situation - Feral Druid 1.12.1 (PvE, tanking and DPS)"?

I'm thinking about rolling a druid but I don't know which spec is most suitable to leveling and dungeons in the road to 60.

I know this is addressed to Elicas but I'm gonna throw in my thoughts as well.

1) It doesn't really matter a whole lot, since that final point won't be placed till level 60, at which point you'll probably want to respec (since you're asking about leveling / dungeons en route to 60).

2) that said, the difference is one of emphasis. The 0/30/21 includes the 21pt resto talent Nature's Swiftness, which is pretty much essential if you want better healing as a newly-minted 60 (especially for 5mans, that instant cast is huge if the shit hits the fan). It's a build that sacrifices some feral utility (both for yourself and others) by not including the grit aura. A 0/31/20 build would be better suited for someone who wants a slight feral edge—whether tank or dps—or for a hybrid whose heal set out gears the content being run or who runs in a raid with plenty of other strong healers with quick fingers (meaning Nature's Swiftness isn't needed for those 'oh shit' situations). 

3) Nature's swiftness does help when leveling and instancing, but at the end of the day I want my focus to be on feral as a level for maximum dps and survivability. Personally I'll also grab nature's grasp from balance as that instant entangling roots can really come in handy: if you bite off more than you can chew, the roots give you a nice opportunity to heal. 

This feels like it's getting a bit off-topic from the thread, though, which I think is focused on end-game resto. Leveling builds tend to look somewhat different, especially since you have to account for the order in which you unlock talents.

12 hours ago, Chiasmus said:

I know this is addressed to Elicas but I'm gonna throw in my thoughts as well...

It's also apreciated. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Toche said:

The one in this thread is built more towards support, Tanking & Healing.

It has slightly reduced threat, taking points instead in Thick Hide to make up for the less optimal Feral gear you'll have as a support/healing character. It takes Imp Mark of the Wild instead of Furors, again presuming you'll be healing more often.

The one in the feral thread is built more around having actual Feral gear, and only healing occasionally.

It has increased threat, but less points in Thick Hide. It takes Furors, since it presumes you will be predominantly tanking/DPSing. It also has 2 points in Imp Shred, presuming that you are going to be DPSing occasionally. In the resto tree it emphasises improved Rejuv, again a significant spell for Ferals, less so for true Resto Druids.

Other than that, as @Chiasmus pointed out, the Resto spec specifically chooses NS, which is nearly mandatory for any dungeon healing build (and most raid healing builds). In the feral build, if you hardly ever find yourself healing, that point in free to slot into Leader of the Pack instead.

Hi. want to ask about build for pve heal, when i will be 60,for exmpl, and i will be collecting pre-raid gear and items for raids in LBRS and others in party of 5-10 people? Is it better to use full resto or use 24/27 for it?  

On 04.11.2016 at 8:48 PM, Elicas said:

The one in this thread is built more towards support, Tanking & Healing.

It has slightly reduced threat, taking points instead in Thick Hide to make up for the less optimal Feral gear you'll have as a support/healing character. It takes Imp Mark of the Wild instead of Furors, again presuming you'll be healing more often.

The one in the feral thread is built more around having actual Feral gear, and only healing occasionally.

It has increased threat, but less points in Thick Hide. It takes Furors, since it presumes you will be predominantly tanking/DPSing. It also has 2 points in Imp Shred, presuming that you are going to be DPSing occasionally. In the resto tree it emphasises improved Rejuv, again a significant spell for Ferals, less so for true Resto Druids.

Other than that, as @Chiasmus pointed out, the Resto spec specifically chooses NS, which is nearly mandatory for any dungeon healing build (and most raid healing builds). In the feral build, if you hardly ever find yourself healing, that point in free to slot into Leader of the Pack instead.

also want to ask about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZV0xoZxtcoeaco this build for world pvp and for bg?

22 hours ago, antgor said:

Hi. want to ask about build for pve heal, when i will be 60,for exmpl, and i will be collecting pre-raid gear and items for raids in LBRS and others in party of 5-10 people? Is it better to use full resto or use 24/27 for it?  

7/0/44 is the easier spec to use in very early levels of gearing.

1 hour ago, antgor said:

also want to ask about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZV0xoZxtcoeaco this build for world pvp and for bg?

I don't pvp much, but off the top of my head;

Feral Charge is nearly useless without the Furors talent.
You could use a few more points in Nature's Focus.

Take that with a grain of salt. When I pvp on my druid I play a flag carrier, and I usually play on PvE servers so my knowledge of world pvp is minimal.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

7/0/44 is the easier spec to use in very early levels of gearing.

I don't pvp much, but off the top of my head;

Feral Charge is nearly useless without the Furors talent.
You could use a few more points in Nature's Focus.

Take that with a grain of salt. When I pvp on my druid I play a flag carrier, and I usually play on PvE servers so my knowledge of world pvp is minimal.

ok, ty for inf. what do you think about improved thorns in pvp for bg as an example?

Just now, antgor said:

ok, ty for inf. what do you think about improved thorns in pvp for bg as an example?

Thorns is only useful in two specific areas;

1. To generate "free" threat for a tank in PvE.
  2. When you are taking lots of physical damage hits that allow you to generate lots of reflect damage procs.

In PvP, you usually get hit by large, spiky, bursty damage. You're unlikely to survive long enough to get the full effect of the buff, reapplying it for the whole team eats mana every spawn, and it doesn't proc from magic damage/spells.

It's not something I would personally put points into.

Just now, Elicas said:

Thorns is only useful in two specific areas;

1. To generate "free" threat for a tank in PvE.
  2. When you are taking lots of physical damage hits that allow you to generate lots of reflect damage procs.

In PvP, you usually get hit by large, spiky, bursty damage. You're unlikely to survive long enough to get the full effect of the buff, reapplying it for the whole team eats mana every spawn, and it doesn't proc from magic damage/spells.

It's not something I would personally put points into.

got it. And what about thick hide?is it really good bufs u or better to use some point in to heal spells? i made http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zj0hMZZxEcoeaVo what can u say? think it will be good for better range of FF and Roots, have some improved heals from IRegrowth 5/5 and GoN 4/5 

59 minutes ago, antgor said:

got it. And what about thick hide?is it really good bufs u or better to use some point in to heal spells? i made http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zj0hMZZxEcoeaVo what can u say? think it will be good for better range of FF and Roots, have some improved heals from IRegrowth 5/5 and GoN 4/5 

Thick Hide is a solid talent vs mobs for balance/feral, for a healer it has reduced value though except when you are soloing. In PvE you should never be the focus of a mob long enough for it to have any value, and in PvP if you spend too long in bear soaking melee damage you're going to die without your team anyway, regardless of having the talent or not.

That second spec is much better.

Remember, I am not a PvP expert though.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Thick Hide is a solid talent vs mobs for balance/feral, for a healer it has reduced value though except when you are soloing. In PvE you should never be the focus of a mob long enough for it to have any value, and in PvP if you spend too long in bear soaking melee damage you're going to die without your team anyway, regardless of having the talent or not.

That second spec is much better.

Remember, I am not a PvP expert though.

i understand. for pve i had good exp on WoLK in 25h so i know how to do general myself in raid(i always play druid as 1 cher on me account), but classic is something knew for me so i ask about builds, i love pvp and pve also so i whant to know what is better for du-du 

8 hours ago, antgor said:

My deepest thanks to you Elicas for answers ^_^

He responds quicker with the @name function if you have the right sacrifices of Hendrick's Gin, Fever Tree tonic water, a slice of cucumber and a dash of black pepper. Isn't that right @Elicas

17 hours ago, antgor said:

My deepest thanks to you Elicas for answers ^_^

No problem.

8 hours ago, Outstanding said:

He responds quicker with the @name function if you have the right sacrifices of Hendrick's Gin, Fever Tree tonic water, a slice of cucumber and a dash of black pepper. Isn't that right @Elicas

Ish. You're also welcome to sacrifice your potential beta access to me in order to get faster replies.

;)

12 minutes ago, Elicas said:

No problem.

Ish. You're also welcome to sacrifice your potential beta access to me in order to get faster replies.

;)

There is zero chance of me getting into Closed Beta owing to my lack of expertise in anything WoW related. They might let me into Open Beta as a glorified bag carrier or assign me the red ensign shirt so I can die multiple times to the same mob for ''research purposes''. I'll still sign up of course, God loves a try hard. 

17 hours ago, Outstanding said:

There is zero chance of me getting into Closed Beta owing to my lack of expertise in anything WoW related. They might let me into Open Beta as a glorified bag carrier or assign me the red ensign shirt so I can die multiple times to the same mob for ''research purposes''. I'll still sign up of course, God loves a try hard. 

This is how we roll. :D