Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

The 'Help me improve my Druid' thread.

This thread is the inevitable 'help me improve X' thread. Hopefully people will use it and not just spam the forums with thread after thread of 'help me do deeps'. If you don't want your post reported for spam, read one of the following guides;

Boomkin Guide by @Yacopok.
Restoration Guide by myself.
Feral Guide by myself.

Read those. Get at least pre-raid Best in Slot (BiS) because otherwise advice will be 'Get pre-raid BiS and read the relevant spec guide. Once you have appropriate gear and an understanding of the guide, raiders in the Druid community can start answering questions about Druid minutia, advanced rotations and advanced gearing choices here.

I'm hoping to find a well regarded ranking PvPer to help answer more PvP orientated questions.

Ask away.

Edited by Elicas

@Elicas wasn't sure where to post this but had a question about Shadow meld in Vanilla, my memory has faded me.

Is shadow meld able to be used in combat? I remember being able to use shadow meld as a 'vanish' as a druid to re-stealth and reset a fight was clutch.. but forget when that was able to be used

I'm 99% sure shadowmeld doesn't drop combat or can't be used in combat until Wrath (edited bc i accidentally wrote TBC first). I remember first using it in WoTLK raids as I was tauren until then >.< 

Edited by Chiasmus

13 hours ago, Thrixsulpax said:

@Elicas wasn't sure where to post this but had a question about Shadow meld in Vanilla, my memory has faded me.

Is shadow meld able to be used in combat? I remember being able to use shadow meld as a 'vanish' as a druid to re-stealth and reset a fight was clutch.. but forget when that was able to be used

As the others have said, no, it does not drop combat in Vanilla.

I hope I didnt miss anything in this forum, but what would you do for professions, if you were to mainly tank? Is Enchanting worth the trinket, or is there a reason to go with any other profession?

Thanks for all the work !

If you want to be optimal, you need enchanting and leatherworking. That trinket is BiS for so long time that is worth it, but it doesn't mean that you cannot tank without it. As druid tank your best mitigation is armor, before you cap it, you need that trinket. Same with lw, you can get some great gear only this way.

Thanks mate!

Which items specifically would you need from LW that ae bop/ require LW?

2 hours ago, TonyRome said:

Thanks mate!

Which items specifically would you need from LW that ae bop/ require LW?

You can use the trinket after you've crafted it even if you drop enchanting, it's BoP, but doesn't require enchanting to use.

There is nothing that is crafted by LW that is BiS or even high on the gear lists that requires LW as a mandatory profession. The very best stuff can all be crafted for you.