Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Non Blizzlike features planned?

521 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, buddhaseyes said:

I would really like a minor change: It really IS minor and useless, but it would be a great change of life for druids (at least for me ;)).

When you ctrl-click an item to look how it looks while you are in one of the druid forms (or ghost wolf as a shaman) you will only see your current form in the tab, it kind of bugged me throughout the leveling and it would be amazing if you could see your "humanoid" form no matter what animal you are atm.

Greetings, Buddhaseyes

I'm no expert, but it might be a client-side change, which will never happen (if you start modifying the client, it's a never ending cycle and it may bring in some cheats...) :/

2 hours ago, buddhaseyes said:

I would really like a minor change: It really IS minor and useless, but it would be a great change of life for druids (at least for me ;)).

When you ctrl-click an item to look how it looks while you are in one of the druid forms (or ghost wolf as a shaman) you will only see your current form in the tab, it kind of bugged me throughout the leveling and it would be amazing if you could see your "humanoid" form no matter what animal you are atm.

Greetings, Buddhaseyes

That can probably be done through an addon (Lua) a couple ways.

Never really understood why 50g respec is that much of a problem. I would routinely spend 100g a week in vanilla speccing from PvE to PvP after my raids on Friday, then respeccing back into PvE from PvP on Tuesday. I love crushing nerds, so half my motivation to play was based around raiding to obtain the gear, playing the auction house (which became almost an addiction) to make money to respec, then using said gear to bask in the tears of their rage-filled cries, while also experiencing all the game had to offer in the spec I found most viable for the situation. I guess my argument is similar to what it would be in real life ... If money is an issue, find a way to make more of it. If that doesn't seem feasible, then at least I'll have fun ganking you while you stand in line at the Orgrimmar unemployment office. 💕 

Hello,

will there be some alteration to the loot-tables of standard monsters?

I don't mean the type of putting some knew and shiny items into some loot tables for the sake of it. To give an example: Every private-server i was playing on so far had a drop rate for 6slot-bags (and others too) that was pretty high, which lead to auction house prizes nearly the same as vendor prizes and rendering the bag-production via profession quite useless. I'm not complaining for my own benefit here, don't get me wrong. Much more i see a good reason for giving back the sense of purpose to some player driven elements in the game. Also i think it is always good to boost the value of gold because of its natural tendency on every server to devalue over time ( (which is, in a broader sense, an indicator for less player interaction and therefore, in the long term for a dying server community... which is of course somewhat inevitable in the long run). Maybe for the same reason the Developer Darkrasp was putting out the term "gold sink" of the server.

Ok, i just highlighted this particular case for the sake of demonstration. I'm also not quite sure if it would be wise to call the current loot-tables for nearly all the private-scene "blizzlike" strictly speaking.

Excuses for imperfect english, no native tongue :P.

Greetings

24 minutes ago, Polyphem said:

Hello,

will there be some alteration to the loot-tables of standard monsters?

I don't mean the type of putting some knew and shiny items into some loot tables for the sake of it. To give an example: Every private-server i was playing on so far had a drop rate for 6slot-bags (and others too) that was pretty high, which lead to auction house prizes nearly the same as vendor prizes and rendering the bag-production via profession quite useless. I'm not complaining for my own benefit here, don't get me wrong. Much more i see a good reason for giving back the sense of purpose to some player driven elements in the game. Also i think it is always good to boost the value of gold because of its natural tendency on every server to devalue over time ( (which is, in a broader sense, an indicator for less player interaction and therefore, in the long term for a dying server community... which is of course somewhat inevitable in the long run). Maybe for the same reason the Developer Darkrasp was putting out the term "gold sink" of the server.

Ok, i just highlighted this particular case for the sake of demonstration. I'm also not quite sure if it would be wise to call the current loot-tables for nearly all the private-scene "blizzlike" strictly speaking.

Excuses for imperfect english, no native tongue :P.

Greetings

Take the opportunity to read some of Darkrasps updates from the dev section, there is months worth of updates about how they reworked the entirety of drop tables for every mob in the game, from questing to chests to ore veins to raid bosses. CF might be the first pserver with close to 100% blizzlike drops.

Welcome to the forums!

Hey,

thanks for the quick response and overview :). I'm really positively surprised by the great and considerate effort behind this (it's simple database-work, but it takes way to much time)! I will directly have a look at it!

Greetings and thanks for the warm welcoming

40 minutes ago, Polyphem said:

Hey,

thanks for the quick response and overview :). I'm really positively surprised by the great and considerate effort behind this (it's simple database-work, but it takes way to much time)! I will directly have a look at it!

Greetings and thanks for the warm welcoming

Yeah, to be fair, Darkrasp was slaving away at Database stuff for weeks. But it'll show in the final product :3 It's stuff like this other Private servers simply skip. Nostalrius loot was a joke when it first released, and I think they just fixed stuff on a case by case basis, rather than overhauling the entire system like they've done here.

It's fair to mention that I did all the loot by hand, meaning that it is very likely we will have some issues due to typos or copy/paste errors.  While loot tables *should* be very good overall, I expect that come Open Beta there will be plenty of reports to tweak and/or correct the drop rates and tables.

I laid the groundwork, but it will be a group effort to get things perfect.

On 23/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, Darkrasp said:

It's fair to mention that I did all the loot by hand, meaning that it is very likely we will have some issues due to typos or copy/paste errors.  While loot tables *should* be very good overall, I expect that come Open Beta there will be plenty of reports to tweak and/or correct the drop rates and tables.

I laid the groundwork, but it will be a group effort to get things perfect.

In the end we are a comunity so we should work together after all !

:ph34r:xD

On 2016-12-07 at 11:45 AM, Bluemoon said:

Never really understood why 50g respec is that much of a problem. I would routinely spend 100g a week in vanilla speccing from PvE to PvP after my raids on Friday, then respeccing back into PvE from PvP on Tuesday. I love crushing nerds, so half my motivation to play was based around raiding to obtain the gear, playing the auction house (which became almost an addiction) to make money to respec, then using said gear to bask in the tears of their rage-filled cries, while also experiencing all the game had to offer in the spec I found most viable for the situation. I guess my argument is similar to what it would be in real life ... If money is an issue, find a way to make more of it. If that doesn't seem feasible, then at least I'll have fun ganking you while you stand in line at the Orgrimmar unemployment office. 💕 

Best comment in the thread ^^

One non-blizzlike aspect i would have loved would have been (if possible) to get RBG in TBC. For me that is one of the best pvp implementations in later expansions and for me RBG are way more fun than arena. 

Know this is way in the fture and nothing to do with vanilla.

Edited by Sherekhan

On 8/30/2016 at 6:24 PM, Frost said:

wtf is this suggestion about group finder on a vanilla server. dont you know this is exactly the shit that killed wow in the first place?

Even if this is a little older:

I agree that Group Finder (or any sort of finder) is pretty shitty. It just doesn't add well with the "talk to people if you want to raid/dungeon crawl"-mentality.

What I would like to see though is a Looking for Group Chat. Make it accessable like trade chat and be straight forward. In the certain areas people can talk with one another through /1, but it always absolutely annoyed me to see all these "Join our Guild!" "Join our Raid!" kind of messages in trade chat.

I don't believe the addition really would impact the game in any "vanilla breaking" way but would instead keep trade chat tidy and viable to find buyers/sellers.

On 11/11/2016 at 3:08 AM, shadesofjoe said:

And in Vanilla players are penalized if they play all the non-theorycrafted specs for their class. Don't get me wrong. I love Vanilla. But that's because my favorite class (Warlock) wasn't one that got left out of raids because of a certain spec. I also love the Vanilla Warlock's playstyle. 

But let's not kid ourselves, either. Vanilla is the most clique-ish version of the game. If you're not one of the pre-determined acceptable specs for your class, you can forget getting raid invites. Because of its mechanics in 1.12.1, the game itself forces you to be that way. People stomp retail into the ground (and there are a lot of good reasons why) but one of the few things they got right is crafting an environment for players where they can play the specs they like without being made to feel like they don't belong. 

I'd love to try a prot Paladin out this time around. But will I? Of course not. Because I don't want to pour hundreds of hours into a character who will literally never, ever get to tank a raid. So off I go back into the static environment of playing what I always play, because at least I know how to play it and I'll get to raid. That's the refrain of a lot of players, unfortunately.

Have you played in vanilla back then? There were literally melee hunters on my server (or rather hunters that forgot arrows) raiding Naxx and BWL. Why? Because you didn't need to be optimized.

You're basically taking a stance on vanilla with the wrong perspective: vanilla raiding was hard because noone had any idea what to do. There was no wowhead and no raid-intel in game (at least not in a way as it is now). Sure there were guides you could buy and there was a general consensus on what the "best" Spec for hunters was, etc. but you didn't necessarily need to roll with that spec. Srsly, you could be missing 1/4 of your raiders and still do most of the raids. Sure, it would be harder, but it's managable.

Basically the "have the BIS spec or gtfo" mentality came later (at least to me it did). I don't see an issue with druids and I've played one through all of WoW. Their healing was fun, adapting to certain situations was fun. Generally all you have to do is experiment a little in order to make a class viable. We had a ret Pali with Ashbringer on our server that topped most of the damage meters..

If you are not willing to learn a new class and try to make it work then I don't know why you whine about it. Just join a more casual guild where you can bring sub optimal raid dps or what not. I highly doubt there won't be any of those around here.

3 hours ago, Hybris said:

Basically the "have the BIS spec or gtfo" mentality came later

It's the tryhard minmaxers. You know, the racial bonuses to stats in wow are nothing much, this was done to prevent such behaviour, letting people play what they enjoy. Well, unfortunately, minmaxers are everywhere.

And now you have these people, probably also pushing for realm first boss kills, who theorycraft on how to do 0.01 DPS more, turning poor MC into a collection of loot pinatas.

Ironically, now, that we have 13 years of strategies and boss knowledge, we don't really need minmaxing anymore. Those little differences are washed out by how detailed our knowledge is. It's sad the tryhards are prevalent :P.

Have to agree there. It just really doesn't make sense. Tbh, if you know what you're doing going through MC will be a breeze. A very long breeze, but still. 

The bosses really didn't have any hard mechanics for the most part. As long as you take everything slow you shouldn't even wipe that much (obviously as long as everyone knows their stuff). Sure Rag is hard and there's some harder ones in between (the porting guy with the aoe for one) but it ought to be very manageable. Getting 40 people to 60 and semi raid geared will be harder for most guilds ^^

5 minutes ago, Hybris said:

Getting 40 people to 60 and semi raid geared will be harder for most guilds ^^

That's actually the hardest part of raiding in vanilla ^^

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

It's the tryhard minmaxers. You know, the racial bonuses to stats in wow are nothing much, this was done to prevent such behaviour, letting people play what they enjoy. Well, unfortunately, minmaxers are everywhere.

And now you have these people, probably also pushing for realm first boss kills, who theorycraft on how to do 0.01 DPS more, turning poor MC into a collection of loot pinatas.

Ironically, now, that we have 13 years of strategies and boss knowledge, we don't really need minmaxing anymore. Those little differences are washed out by how detailed our knowledge is. It's sad the tryhards are prevalent :P.

It's human nature to keep improving though :P 

I'm probably the type you're talking about but I don't see anything wrong with it either. There will always be casual and hardcore minded guilds so join whatever you like the best and you won't have to think more about it. I'm probably "annoyed" by casual players just as much as you are "annoyed" by hardcore players, but at the same time I completely understand that it's personal preference as to how people wish to spend their time on games (or anything in life tbh... both types exist for everything) so people can obviously just do whatever they want and it's no biggie.

It's also not about no longer "needing" theorycrafters for a 13 years old game - some people just enjoy theorycrafting because they're very competitive by nature (me) ^^ 

edit:
Also without theorycrafters it probably wouldn't have been possible to find majority of the original formula sources etc that private servers are using... SO YEAH you should thank us! :Kappa: :D

Edited by Cruzix

Thankfully MC is kinda phased out once ZG and AQ20 are available and is mostly run for that TF or a few select pieces, I dread that place and it gives me headaches.

About BiS gear, it makes perfect sense within logical boundaries. You want your damage dealers to be hit capped, or almost, your healers to not run oom in a minute and tanks are self-explanatory. You want everyone to have their gear planned, enchanted and not run around in random pieces because they're clueless. But like I said, there are limits. As a class leader myself I had to re-educate a bunch of recruits who had a long-lasting trauma caused by retarded BiS requisites they had to deal with in some guilds. Like wasting hundreds of gold on the cloak threat enchant because someone told them it's necessary even though their damage output with that starting gear doesn't warrant anything of the sort, or wasting weeks farming some 5 man instance for a piece of gear that gives them 1 more crit or hit. Valuable time they could instead spend doing something way more valuable, like farming for their raid consumables.

12 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

I'm probably "annoyed" by casual players just as much as you are "annoyed" by hardcore players

I'm annoyed by everyone, don't worry. Especially by draenei.

Also pff, I did a fair share of theorycrafting during my time on Insomnia. In fact I still remember the exact value for recounting hit rating into hit percentage for enha shamans at 70: 15,77 hit = 1 %.

I just hate when people think something's not viable :P. Because it is. Well, except for enhancement tanks :-(. And whatever it is that killerduki is trying to do.

I think the consensus of the base of Crestfall members is that all things should stay the same, except for bugs/exploits and AI fixes to bosses.

(Not that I personally agree to this but:) Shouldn't the non-working Portal Stones be considered as bugs per sé? They were in the game but just didn't work till TBC.
I personally liked walking to an instance or a raid to get there. It just made you interact with the world so much more.

And on the topic of my previous post: What would you guys think of a Looking for Group Channel in the Main Cities? [Basically the same as /2 [Trade Channel], but just for recruiting for Dungeons and Raids]
Basically as a means to not clog the Trade Chat with recruiting stuff as it was on most other servers.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Hybris said:

(Not that I personally agree to this but:) Shouldn't the non-working Portal Stones be considered as bugs per sé? They were in the game but just didn't work till TBC.

This could be said for many things for vanilla in that case (RIP ap buffs not being beneficial for Hunters FeelsBadMan) although I really like the fact that MEETING stones only were to MEET with your entire group, cuz in TBC the slacking problem started "Hey guys I'm just doing this thing real quick so can you please go and summon me, thank you!" which gets very annoying when almost everyone would use that excuse

34 minutes ago, Hybris said:

What would you guys think of a Looking for Group Channel in the Main Cities? [Basically the same as /2 [Trade Channel], but just for recruiting for Dungeons and Raids]

Isn't the default LookingForGroup channel enough for you? :P People still use the trade channel (And /yell, /say, /general etc) every now and then though because... well more advertisement 

Edited by Cruzix

Posted (edited)

Still reading through this thread... On page 5, haha. Ran out of likes to give.

I am on the side of: fix exploits only, leave everything else blizzlike. (except for buffing content to compensate for 1.12.1 itemization and talents) We're playing legacy realms for a reason. We want to re-experience legacy WoW. If we wanted QoL hand-holding babby changes, we'd be playing retail.

In regards to respec costs: I'm glad to see that you guys are leaving it alone. I'm glad to see you're not going to implement custom funserver-esque non-blizzlike changes.

Why not have respec costs be 25G? Why not 10G? Why not 100G? Why not free? Who decides? You? Me?

You're not going to be able to please everyone. Some people will be happy, some people will be mad. In that case, best to just leave it alone.

In regards to GDKP: If you don't like GDKP, don't join a GDKP raid. We shouldn't be policing chat or banning people for participating in a GDKP raid.

Edited by Jon

I know worldchat been up for discussion before. After been playing on Nost, Kronos and now playing around on Elysium waiting for CF i see one thing more and more clear. World chat are a pointless thing. You have Generalchat for the zone you are in, the LFG channel, tradechannel. But when you implement a worldchat it tendt to take the roll from all other channels plus the fact you will see the cancer that are players with the mental development of a five yearold clogging up the channel with "jokes" about rape, "political" discussions etc. I would advice skipping a world chat.

Posted (edited)

I have a concern about a non-blizzlike feature which is:

Making high level enchants only available to high level characters, meaning no Crusader for lvl 19 29 twinks u know. This would remove the blizzlike experience of twinks but on the other hand, leaving it like this, it creates a nonblizzlike game experience aswell, because in time, both factions stack up on twinks and all the non-twinks getting shooed away while the twinks only fight each other. But on kronos i experienced Twinks wont fight each other, they are getting scared from each other, so both factions end up farming non-twinks all the time. Also Blizzlike was 2-3 Max twinks in one BG, but on Kronos there were 4-6 twinks in one BG !

When the low level battlegrounds are made for those 10-19, 20-29, the twinks are increasing their gear level which is not fair anymore, you could say 10-19 means 10-29 if not 10-39... You really need to do there something! Twinks dont intend to fight each other, they just want to get off their frustration from sucking at high leevl pvp where its fair, they only intend to farm nontwinks who are easy to kill, its for pricks u get it ?

Lol....

Low levels could learn fighting in pvp, but thats not gonna happen in battlegrounsd beeing twink gods who never die, thats not a challenge. Unintended feature from blizzards point of view, they fixed it later so people couldnt enchant 19 twinks anymore with high level enchants.

I wish to experience normal fights with normal average gear people have, then people cry that nobody queues low level bgs. Because twinks causing problems.

Also having their first experience with capture the flag, getting better while growing up in levels and eventually becoming better. This makes people become better in BGs.

Who would wanna run for the flag if u keep getting 2 shotted by a twink half way through ? It is depressing. Atleast with normal geared people there would be a challenge to survive it and help each other.

I am not looking for anyone commenting on my Text without arguments/reasons that Twinks should exist as they were always. Do tell me what you say about 6 Horde/Alliance twinks on one side!

Twinks are pussies who are afraid of each other. Also they really think they are good pvpers because of their enchants.

If seriously nothing is going to be changed, ill take the challenge on Crestfall and make myself aa Twink asap and farm the Twinks and never attack non-twink, these pussies i just cant wait. I will make the brackets Great again, then!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Brikot

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Brikot said:

I have a concern about a non-blizzlike feature which is:

Making high level enchants only available to high level characters, meaning no Crusader for lvl 19 29 twinks u know. This would remove the blizzlike experience of twinks but on the other hand, leaving it like this, it creates a nonblizzlike game experience aswell, because in time, both factions stack up on twinks and all the non-twinks getting shooed away while the twinks only fight each other. But on kronos i experienced Twinks wont fight each other, they are getting scared from each other, so both factions end up farming non-twinks all the time. Also Blizzlike was 2-3 Max twinks in one BG, but on Kronos there were 4-6 twinks in one BG !

When the low level battlegrounds are made for those 10-19, 20-29, the twinks are increasing their gear level which is not fair anymore, you could say 10-19 means 10-29 if not 10-39... You really need to do there something! Twinks dont intend to fight each other, they just want to get off their frustration from sucking at high leevl pvp where its fair, they only intend to farm nontwinks who are easy to kill, its for pricks u get it ?

Lol....

Low levels could learn fighting in pvp, but thats not gonna happen in battlegrounsd beeing twink gods who never die, thats not a challenge. Unintended feature from blizzards point of view, they fixed it later so people couldnt enchant 19 twinks anymore with high level enchants.

I wish to experience normal fights with normal average gear people have, then people cry that nobody queues low level bgs. Because twinks causing problems.

Also having their first experience with capture the flag, getting better while growing up in levels and eventually becoming better. This makes people become better in BGs.

Who would wanna run for the flag if u keep getting 2 shotted by a twink half way through ? It is depressing. Atleast with normal geared people there would be a challenge to survive it and help each other.

I am not looking for anyone commenting on my Text without arguments/reasons that Twinks should exist as they were always. Do tell me what you say about 6 Horde/Alliance twinks on one side!

Twinks are pussies who are afraid of each other. Also they really think they are good pvpers because of their enchants.

If seriously nothing is going to be changed, ill take the challenge on Crestfall and make myself aa Twink asap and farm the Twinks and never attack non-twink, these pussies i just cant wait. I will make the brackets Great again, then!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The problem is this is, personally I like the idea of the fairness, but what level do you cap it at? 35? Well 39 twinks with all these enchants will still be a thing. Will Fiery (which isnt a 300 enchant - its 265) is that going to be a cap of 35 or 25? That will make Rogue twinks better than warriors with that weapon enchant (the best i can think of that isn't a 300 weapon enchant).

Personally it's not even the big enchants like Crusader that make you invincibl, having your entire character filled with blues + a lot of hp enchants etc is what does it. Do we limit these aswell? I love the theory but it wont work in practice to prevent. 

Edited by Eyedie
Typo