Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Non Blizzlike features planned?

522 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Brikot said:

I have a concern about a non-blizzlike feature which is:

Making high level enchants only available to high level characters, meaning no Crusader for lvl 19 29 twinks u know. This would remove the blizzlike experience of twinks but on the other hand, leaving it like this, it creates a nonblizzlike game experience aswell, because in time, both factions stack up on twinks and all the non-twinks getting shooed away while the twinks only fight each other. But on kronos i experienced Twinks wont fight each other, they are getting scared from each other, so both factions end up farming non-twinks all the time. Also Blizzlike was 2-3 Max twinks in one BG, but on Kronos there were 4-6 twinks in one BG !

When the low level battlegrounds are made for those 10-19, 20-29, the twinks are increasing their gear level which is not fair anymore, you could say 10-19 means 10-29 if not 10-39... You really need to do there something! Twinks dont intend to fight each other, they just want to get off their frustration from sucking at high leevl pvp where its fair, they only intend to farm nontwinks who are easy to kill, its for pricks u get it ?

Lol....

Low levels could learn fighting in pvp, but thats not gonna happen in battlegrounsd beeing twink gods who never die, thats not a challenge. Unintended feature from blizzards point of view, they fixed it later so people couldnt enchant 19 twinks anymore with high level enchants.

I wish to experience normal fights with normal average gear people have, then people cry that nobody queues low level bgs. Because twinks causing problems.

Also having their first experience with capture the flag, getting better while growing up in levels and eventually becoming better. This makes people become better in BGs.

Who would wanna run for the flag if u keep getting 2 shotted by a twink half way through ? It is depressing. Atleast with normal geared people there would be a challenge to survive it and help each other.

I am not looking for anyone commenting on my Text without arguments/reasons that Twinks should exist as they were always. Do tell me what you say about 6 Horde/Alliance twinks on one side!

Twinks are pussies who are afraid of each other. Also they really think they are good pvpers because of their enchants.

If seriously nothing is going to be changed, ill take the challenge on Crestfall and make myself aa Twink asap and farm the Twinks and never attack non-twink, these pussies i just cant wait. I will make the brackets Great again, then!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The problem is this is, personally I like the idea of the fairness, but what level do you cap it at? 35? Well 39 twinks with all these enchants will still be a thing. Will Fiery (which isnt a 300 enchant - its 265) is that going to be a cap of 35 or 25? That will make Rogue twinks better than warriors with that weapon enchant (the best i can think of that isn't a 300 weapon enchant).

Personally it's not even the big enchants like Crusader that make you invincibl, having your entire character filled with blues + a lot of hp enchants etc is what does it. Do we limit these aswell? I love the theory but it wont work in practice to prevent. 

Edited by Eyedie
Typo

Posted (edited)

The only thing I would change is there to be certain vendors at differing spots. For example alliance don't have a repair vendor in Southern Felwood to my belief. You have to travel all the way to the north to that little village for repairs. I wouldn't put anything in that would change the whole vanilla game. Just Quality of Life changes. But in my opinion along with some of the others on this forum. Leave it as it is. If you introduce a repair-vendor at Felwood. Why not do x or y or z. People are greedy and will do anything that will give their class or themselves an advantage. 

The only changes I would ever propose is to find ways to stop the economy from going crazy. Like DM-N Hunter farming as some have pointed out rightly. I also believe Darkrasp has said this aswell? Limiting DM-E farm potential. You should never really be able to farm more than 100g an hour unless you get REALLY LUCKY. Like finding the Quel book etc. When I think of certain server issues I have encountered. Old Elysium had a HUGE problem with DM-E farming. On my Holy Priest i was able to farm around 150g an hour. My in-guild friend on his paladin could kill the plants even faster with certain aoe pieces looking at around 200g as he could also pick the Gromsblood that spawned there. With all the herbs they dropped as well as the greys. This was silly. I only did it because everyone was. You have to keep up - I don't want DM-E farming to be canceled or useless (plants giving no items) but make it possible to farm just reduce the item drops? So that the gold potential is a lot less.

The 3 major things that kill Private Servers is :

1. Gold + economy issues. You can't buy enchants, materials without cheating/gold buying. 

2. Which leads into point 1. - A lack of people joining or leveling on the server, guilds need to recruit = people get burnt out. It's life!

3. Trust into the devs - decision making/coding of the server. If you implent too many non-blizzlike changes you will lose the trust of people. Just look at Elysium/Anathema atm. It's a shithole but I saw that coming when Shenna took control over it with the old characters coming back.

Edited by Eyedie
typo

IMO they really shouldn't be doing much tinkering and keep it as close to blizzlike as possible. True, a few quality of life changes may seem good, but where does it stop? I doubt anyone wants to reallize at some point that the authentic Vanilla experience is - puff! - gone, since someone had a grand idea to "make things better" and the game was altered too much.

The Respec costs may be a pain in the ass... but so are many things in Vanilla. I would against anything that is purposely non Blizzlike like reduced Respecc costs.

The respec costs have a huge impact on the server economy for price stabillity. They are important to get gold outside of the system. 

Alot of things have been said in this thread already. But fraction balance are a big problem when you are on a PvP server or like spvp. And it often get worse when you get to TBC with alot leaning to horde. This i wan't the devs to be adressing. It could be by locking caracter creating on one fraction when balance of servers get to let say 60/40.

And of insta Ghostwolf after 2 talent points are welcome... :D

1 hour ago, Sherekhan said:

Alot of things have been said in this thread already. But fraction balance are a big problem when you are on a PvP server or like spvp. And it often get worse when you get to TBC with alot leaning to horde. This i wan't the devs to be adressing. It could be by locking caracter creating on one fraction when balance of servers get to let say 60/40.

And of insta Ghostwolf after 2 talent points are welcome... :D

Alliance has far bigger advantage in vanilla than horde does in TBC though. I personally don't like the attempt blizzard made to balance both factions by letting horde play paladin and alliance play shaman,  imbalance is sometimes needed as long as it's to a certain degree. 

2 hours ago, Cruzix said:

Alliance has far bigger advantage in vanilla than horde does in TBC though. I personally don't like the attempt blizzard made to balance both factions by letting horde play paladin and alliance play shaman,  imbalance is sometimes needed as long as it's to a certain degree. 

Why would you say Alliance were stronger in Vanilla? I would say racials are better still on horde. And in TBC with Arena and pvp gear pvp got more importent and thats why people change fractions over racials etc

And i agree on the TBC part paladin and shaman should have stayed on each fraction. What i love about TBC are that they fixed alot of specs. I for one who main shaman would have loved the dual wield in Vanilla that make them so much more viable in raiding etc. 

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

Why would you say Alliance were stronger in Vanilla?

Due to Paladins themselves,  Alliance and Horde racials are more or less on pair depending on the situation. 
It's commonly known that Alliance has a big advantage in vanilla when it's a matter of group play (pvp and pve), and Horde having a slight advantage in solo play (pvp only)

Paladins will provide so insanely much utility to your entire group/raid while shamans cannot do this at all. Examples being.

1. Lay of Hands
  2. Divine Protection
  3. Blessing of Protection
  4. Blessing of Freedom
  5. Hammer of Justice (Shamans has slows and spell interrupt - however stuns are usually a lot more handy)
  6. Auras (Shamans has totems but to use totems equal to Paladin's auras they'll have to sacrifice other stats, because shamans can only have 1 totem of each element active)
  7. Buff Blessings (Shamans has totems but they only buff your group while blessings can be cast on all raids members, thus you're able to get so many more stats from paladins)
  8. Divine Intervention
  9. Cleanse
  10. Plate wearer

While Shamans also has some good utility spells (Windfury totem, stats totems, resistance totems, Disease/poison ceansing totems, reincarnation, purge, earthbind totem, frost/nature shock)  - all of them are either worse or comes at a sacrifice of something else, which isn't something you have to worry about as a Paladin.

Edited by Cruzix

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Cruzix said:

Due to Paladins themselves,  Alliance and Horde racials are more or less on pair depending on the situation. 
It's commonly known that Alliance has a big advantage in vanilla when it's a matter of group play (pvp and pve), and Horde having a slight advantage in solo play (pvp only)

Paladins will provide so insanely much utility to your entire group/raid while shamans cannot do this at all. Examples being.

1. Lay of Hands
  2. Divine Protection
  3. Blessing of Protection
  4. Blessing of Freedom
  5. Hammer of Justice (Shamans has slows and spell interrupt - however stuns are usually a lot more handy)
  6. Auras (Shamans has totems but to use totems equal to Paladin's auras they'll have to sacrifice other stats, because shamans can only have 1 totem of each element active)
  7. Buff Blessings (Shamans has totems but they only buff your group while blessings can be cast on all raids members, thus you're able to get so many more stats from paladins)
  8. Divine Intervention
  9. Cleanse
  10. Plate wearer

While Shamans also has some good utility spells (Windfury totem, stats totems, resistance totems, Disease/poison ceansing totems, reincarnation, purge, earthbind totem, frost/nature shock)  - all of them are either worse or comes at a sacrifice of something else, which isn't something you have to worry about as a Paladin.

My view were more from a pvp prespective and i do agree that Paladins are a bit better. But if Shamans play Elemental or resto they are not far behind. And in PvP i would say Horde racials are better than Alliance

Edited by Sherekhan

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sherekhan said:

My view were more from a pvp prespective and i do agree that Paladins are a bit better. But if Shamans play Elemental or resto they are not far behind. And in PvP i would say Horde racials are better than Alliance

Alliance has Stoneform, fear ward, perception, shadowmeld, escape artist that are all amazing PvP racials
Horde only has stun reduction, will of the forsaken which are amazing, and then war stomp and troll haste which is alright.

But paladins shine especially in PvP because of Blessing of Freedom which makes all warriors are complete monster. Warriors only problem is that they can easily be kited and Paladins can almost nullify that. Blessing of Freedom also makes the flag carriers job SO much easier. Cleanse is probably the 2nd if not the most powerful tool they have as well, shamans has nothing like that.

Also resto shamans are not even used in premade pvp because they just suck at healing compared to Priests in PvP. You much rather bring elemental shamans as they have  the same utility as an resto have however they also have optimal damage.

All in all the advantage Alliance has - especially in PvP is really huge. And this is very noticeable when playing in a proper premade.

Edited by Cruzix

Me, I am all for non-blizz like changes such as bug fixes and other game improvements, if possible.

If you can make the game better, why not do it? "blizzlike" just means 1x exp, 1x loot, original difficulty.

It shouldn't mean we should be stuck with the bugs that vanilla had or lack the improvements that the expansions followed.

1 example is, the vert- field of view was changed to hor+ on WotLK.
In vanilla and BC, field of view does not adjust properly for 16:9 widescreen resolutions. it cuts off from top and bottom of the screen.

And there are many other fixes and improvements there that I think a capable team like the CF team can implement and we can benefit from these.

Since the devs are doing tbc and vanilla at the same time give us access to vanilla arenas with vanity rewards. I would pay $$ for access to that. 

On 31/03/2017 at 1:26 PM, Sherekhan said:

Why would you say Alliance were stronger in Vanilla? I would say racials are better still on horde. And in TBC with Arena and pvp gear pvp got more importent and thats why people change fractions over racials etc

And i agree on the TBC part paladin and shaman should have stayed on each fraction. What i love about TBC are that they fixed alot of specs. I for one who main shaman would have loved the dual wield in Vanilla that make them so much more viable in raiding etc. 

I completly disagree with shaman and paladins being Faction especifficaly. First and most because their background history of what is happening and why they are getting that history is Fucking Great. I mean the whole TBC Revolves around the Belfs Corrupting a Na'ru and at TBC ends self sacrifice to redeem thenselves. It's very epic. Well I agree the Draenei/Shaman part is weakear, but the Paladin one is very well made.

Also dwarves always could be shamans (lorewise) so it was strange at the beginning. And if you consider night elves always had sorta of a contact with the spirits, in that regard.

In overall of this post I completly agree with changing nothing, even the little things to improve quality of life or better faction balance would make people cry and be noisy. If you change X people will reason that Y and Z should also be changed cause of that, and that leads to lots and lots of unnecessary drama. Play the game the way it was supposed and desigend to be and deal with it. We had to deal backdays, cried a lot to blizzard (even tho they were milking lots of money) and they didn't care, why do you think you deserve your special treatment now?

Regards

Ael

On 3/31/2017 at 9:26 AM, Sherekhan said:

Fear ward, kings, and salvation are 100 times better than anything horde has and scales 100 times better than anything horde has. They trivialize pve mechanics that can wipe horde raids. 

6 minutes ago, Ssaya said:

Fear ward, kings, and salvation are 100 times better than anything horde has and scales 100 times better than anything horde has. They trivialize pve mechanics that can wipe horde raids. 

That's true, but you lose valuable first tier healers/support/dps classes to put paladins in the raid.  Also, totems.

4 hours ago, Kelila said:

That's true, but you lose valuable first tier healers/support/dps classes to put paladins in the raid.  Also, totems.

You forget paladin buffs are raid wide. Shaman totems only effect the group. That means you need 8 shamans out of a 40 person raid, 1 in each group, and you can only drop 1 totem from an element at a time, with a short radius and have to be recast throughout the fight and a new set on every trash pull. Shaman totems don't give a % buff which gets better as you get more gear like kings and salv. 

1 hour ago, Ssaya said:

You forget paladin buffs are raid wide. Shaman totems only effect the group. That means you need 8 shamans out of a 40 person raid, 1 in each group, and you can only drop 1 totem from an element at a time, with a short radius and have to be recast throughout the fight and a new set on every trash pull. Shaman totems don't give a % buff which gets better as you get more gear like kings and salv. 

Well first auras are group only and one per paladin only, so you are wrong in your assumption and you would also need 8 pallies 1 in each group to be affected by one of their aura. And don't forget Bleesings are 5 minutes lasting only. That's a very boring chore to be a paladin on a raid, you just pretty much use decursive and cleanse and trow some single targets heals here and there trying not to fall asleep. I'm sorry but seeing you talk as paladins (Seeing I was one on Vanilla for a long time and got myself very frustated) are so superior to Shamans based on your asumptions is just making me think you don't understand how both classes worked. Also shamans in PVP are so Superior to paladisn that's just laughable.( I mean Solo PVP, on Bgs paladins are very good with hand of freedom, Warriors BFFs in reality :))

Also don't get me started on the part you can wear plate but never wear it if you want to be a serious raider... That's just plain stupid, and thank god At least they started working and kinda nice on it on TBC. Oh Man paladins on TBC are the sweet spots, so are shamans :D And druids. TBC is hybrid territory, vanilla is not.

12 hours ago, Aelhis said:

Bleesings are 5 minutes lasting only

5min blessings lasted 1 year. Patch 1.9 introduced greater blessings, 15min raid wide.

5 hours ago, Sallerius said:

5min blessings lasted 1 year. Patch 1.9 introduced greater blessings, 15min raid wide.

I raided as a ret belf in TBC so when he said hand of freedom and 5 min blessings I got confused. 

Posted (edited)

One thing that a m8 of mine who followed WoW in Alpha/Beta stage, and got me in to WoW, missed whas the change to survival hunters. He, and me, would have loved survival to stay melee as initiate thoughts whas. He now play legion for that reason only lol. One thing i would love is survival end talent to be melee again. That will never happend. But damn that whas a big misstake by blizzard.

Edited by Sherekhan