Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Non Blizzlike features planned?

506 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Brikot said:

I have a concern about a non-blizzlike feature which is:

Making high level enchants only available to high level characters, meaning no Crusader for lvl 19 29 twinks u know. This would remove the blizzlike experience of twinks but on the other hand, leaving it like this, it creates a nonblizzlike game experience aswell, because in time, both factions stack up on twinks and all the non-twinks getting shooed away while the twinks only fight each other. But on kronos i experienced Twinks wont fight each other, they are getting scared from each other, so both factions end up farming non-twinks all the time. Also Blizzlike was 2-3 Max twinks in one BG, but on Kronos there were 4-6 twinks in one BG !

When the low level battlegrounds are made for those 10-19, 20-29, the twinks are increasing their gear level which is not fair anymore, you could say 10-19 means 10-29 if not 10-39... You really need to do there something! Twinks dont intend to fight each other, they just want to get off their frustration from sucking at high leevl pvp where its fair, they only intend to farm nontwinks who are easy to kill, its for pricks u get it ?

Lol....

Low levels could learn fighting in pvp, but thats not gonna happen in battlegrounsd beeing twink gods who never die, thats not a challenge. Unintended feature from blizzards point of view, they fixed it later so people couldnt enchant 19 twinks anymore with high level enchants.

I wish to experience normal fights with normal average gear people have, then people cry that nobody queues low level bgs. Because twinks causing problems.

Also having their first experience with capture the flag, getting better while growing up in levels and eventually becoming better. This makes people become better in BGs.

Who would wanna run for the flag if u keep getting 2 shotted by a twink half way through ? It is depressing. Atleast with normal geared people there would be a challenge to survive it and help each other.

I am not looking for anyone commenting on my Text without arguments/reasons that Twinks should exist as they were always. Do tell me what you say about 6 Horde/Alliance twinks on one side!

Twinks are pussies who are afraid of each other. Also they really think they are good pvpers because of their enchants.

If seriously nothing is going to be changed, ill take the challenge on Crestfall and make myself aa Twink asap and farm the Twinks and never attack non-twink, these pussies i just cant wait. I will make the brackets Great again, then!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The problem is this is, personally I like the idea of the fairness, but what level do you cap it at? 35? Well 39 twinks with all these enchants will still be a thing. Will Fiery (which isnt a 300 enchant - its 265) is that going to be a cap of 35 or 25? That will make Rogue twinks better than warriors with that weapon enchant (the best i can think of that isn't a 300 weapon enchant).

Personally it's not even the big enchants like Crusader that make you invincibl, having your entire character filled with blues + a lot of hp enchants etc is what does it. Do we limit these aswell? I love the theory but it wont work in practice to prevent. 

Edited by Eyedie
Typo

Posted (edited)

The only thing I would change is there to be certain vendors at differing spots. For example alliance don't have a repair vendor in Southern Felwood to my belief. You have to travel all the way to the north to that little village for repairs. I wouldn't put anything in that would change the whole vanilla game. Just Quality of Life changes. But in my opinion along with some of the others on this forum. Leave it as it is. If you introduce a repair-vendor at Felwood. Why not do x or y or z. People are greedy and will do anything that will give their class or themselves an advantage. 

The only changes I would ever propose is to find ways to stop the economy from going crazy. Like DM-N Hunter farming as some have pointed out rightly. I also believe Darkrasp has said this aswell? Limiting DM-E farm potential. You should never really be able to farm more than 100g an hour unless you get REALLY LUCKY. Like finding the Quel book etc. When I think of certain server issues I have encountered. Old Elysium had a HUGE problem with DM-E farming. On my Holy Priest i was able to farm around 150g an hour. My in-guild friend on his paladin could kill the plants even faster with certain aoe pieces looking at around 200g as he could also pick the Gromsblood that spawned there. With all the herbs they dropped as well as the greys. This was silly. I only did it because everyone was. You have to keep up - I don't want DM-E farming to be canceled or useless (plants giving no items) but make it possible to farm just reduce the item drops? So that the gold potential is a lot less.

The 3 major things that kill Private Servers is :

1. Gold + economy issues. You can't buy enchants, materials without cheating/gold buying. 

2. Which leads into point 1. - A lack of people joining or leveling on the server, guilds need to recruit = people get burnt out. It's life!

3. Trust into the devs - decision making/coding of the server. If you implent too many non-blizzlike changes you will lose the trust of people. Just look at Elysium/Anathema atm. It's a shithole but I saw that coming when Shenna took control over it with the old characters coming back.

Edited by Eyedie
typo

IMO they really shouldn't be doing much tinkering and keep it as close to blizzlike as possible. True, a few quality of life changes may seem good, but where does it stop? I doubt anyone wants to reallize at some point that the authentic Vanilla experience is - puff! - gone, since someone had a grand idea to "make things better" and the game was altered too much.

The Respec costs may be a pain in the ass... but so are many things in Vanilla. I would against anything that is purposely non Blizzlike like reduced Respecc costs.

The respec costs have a huge impact on the server economy for price stabillity. They are important to get gold outside of the system.