Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanlips

Wpvp Events/Battle Areas

27 posts in this topic

I just thought of a way to make more Wpvp events/battle areas, by making a whole zone or a small section of it, into a x3 to honor received bonus. Which would in turn, push people to want to go to that zone or specific part of that zone. I don't know how hard it would be to code something like that or mod it into the game; but I just thought it might be a decent idea to bring the community together. Also you could pick zones that we normally don't do Wpvp in, so that way we could actually spend time in those dead zones. After a while I would a image you could find the best zone to set this Wpvp events to. It could also be like an everyday thing or only on the weekends, or maybe just once a week. 

In summary: A zone is picked like STV or Tanaris, and anyone within the zone gains an additional x3 for honor-it doesn't need to be x3, it could be x2 or maybe even x10-for every kill. It could also be just a small portion of the zone, not the whole thing. I think a smaller portion would in turn create more of a coagulated battle. Towns could be made into these battle areas aswell, also capital cities. 

I don't think this idea is to far fetched and I think it is possible, and it would definitely help with bringing more Wpvp and some awesome big battles. Like South Shore and Tauren Mill.

I also just realized that this would be a great addition to a PvE server, which doesn't encounter Wpvp very much. This could really allow people from PVE servers to finally experience Wpvp. That way they could still not get ganked, but now choose to possibly go get ganked in a X3 Wpvp Zone. 

Since the server will broken up into different latency zones, I really think this is possible for what Crestfall has developed. 

These are just my thoughts, let me know if you have something to add. Please take this idea into consideration, I believe I have come up with something simple and sweet. 

I would also consider playing a PvE server if I had a zone that I could go Wpvp in.

Edited by Beanlips

Interesting idea. Could also be on a random rolling timetable. For example, Month 1, week 1 is Azshara, week 2 is STV, week 3 is Desolace, week 4 is Ashenvale. Next month 4 new random zones are chosen, with the last months zones blocked from being chosen. Month 3, month 1's zones are able to be randomly picked again.

Would put the server firmly into funserver territory though, so the devs wont do it. Could be a very interesting basis for a pure PvP project though.

Yeah it would make the server fun alright. I mean I don't really see the server going down hill from incorporating this idea. They were going scale down the ranking in pvp to get the gear faster anyways. I'm not sure if that's set in stone though. I think this would really bring out big scale battles; this is a great way to keep the game alive. Either way, I'm starting huge battles with my warlock, all everyone has to do is, just accept my summons. For the Horde!

Although the idea sounds interesting, it borders the "funserver" territory, which might scare off new players. Also, imagine hundreds of 60's coming for example to Ashenvale and preventing people from leveling. While some aren't that sensitive and might just switch zones, others will come crying on the forums and beg to remove this thing.

Although I and many others like it, I doubt the majority will enjoy it.

It is something, as an idea. While i'm certain they won't implement it, I will make sure there will be huge battles done in hotspots.

I remember in nostalrius. I've led entire armies to redridge, 40 man raids. Killed everyone on sight, spilled the blood, angry mains and white knights showd up and fought against us. There's your battle, it usually lasted 3 hours more/less, camps and keeps being used for defense and "strategic points" (while in reality it was simply amusing to fight at such points)

Eventually as you pass by the road, north of stonewatch keep, you might see a numbered alliance army fighting against horde invaders that have barricaded inside the keep.

16 minutes ago, Mal Do'Urden said:

Soon-to-be-victorious @VeloxBanks

Only with you by my side, my long eared friend. And the rest of the guild of course.

On-Topic:

I have to say no to this. As others have mentioned, it treks too far into funserver territory. I also just generally don't like the idea.

If these boosts become a thing part of the freedom in WPVP will be compromised. Most people will just go to whatever zone(s) the boost is applied to instead of figthing wherever they please (which is one of the appeals of WPVP). WPVP won't promote the same kind of freedom that it does right now. 

I would much rather form/join an army and fight wherever I/my betters decide. Not wherever a 3x honor boost is applied. 

Could be a good idea for the PVE server though. 

What the fuck are you guys talking about fun server, that't the point of playing wow, is to go get gear from raiding and go world pvp and have fun. I just don't think you really understand the idea, because 200 vs 200 battles would be amazing. It rarely would ever get that big, but you never know. Someone would just post a date for a battle on the forums and we as a community would try and battle in that zone or area within the zone. Like a big meet up, like our faction vs your faction. Their no portals to the zones, you have to walk or fly. Like what don't you understand about large scale Wpvp? 

8 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

What the fuck are you guys talking about fun server, that't the point of playing wow, is to go get gear from raiding and go world pvp and have fun. I just don't think you really understand the idea, because 200 vs 200 battles would be amazing. It rarely would ever get that big, but you never know. Someone would just post a date for a battle on the forums and we as a community would try and battle in that zone or area within the zone. Like a big meet up, like our faction vs your faction. Their no portals to the zones, you have to walk or fly. Like what don't you understand about large scale Wpvp? 

Modifying honour gains from kills in a particular zone is not blizzlike and would likely have an effect on the population we would get on the server.

I don't think anyone has an issue with large scale PvP. You want to turn a zone into an RvR lake and arrange some large scale PvP? Go for it, I'll likely have a char on the PvP server just to join in with anything like that.

But you start messing about with honour gain and core zone design then the project is likely to get shat on by the p-server community.

Well, as everybody said, that would put the server into the "funserver" list. I'd suggest, if devs want to, to add it in  the future. It might be like an event, for example for christmas, where you go into a particular place/region and you gain more honor. Kronos did a similar thing ( 7x experience on kronos 1 months ago when nostalrius was still up, in order to gain more population ). That was absolutely crap imo, but a wPvp event might be interesting for people that sit all day in the major cities with nothing to do. Actually I still don't know if i like the idea or not, because I'd like to recreate the vanilla experience as closer as it can be to what it used to be. On the other hand, it might be cool to have that feature in the future ( maybe for a limited time as i said ).

Amenti

32 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

Actually, it's you that doesn't understand me. Sorry to say.

IMO the game doesn't need these honor boost in order for WPVP to be a thing. In fact I think honor boosts (or any boosts for that matter) would be a horrible idea. 

(as I stated before...) Honor boosts would just make WPVP a forced thing instead of something done for fun. 

I thought we had agreed that honor gain was a no go. I dropped that aspect and was going with just the simple post a time and date on the forum and let everyone battle it out.

Meet up in a zone and battle it out

Edited by Beanlips

28 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

I thought we had agreed that honor gain was a no go. I dropped that aspect and was going with just the simple post a time and date on the forum and let everyone battle it out.

Your OP of this thread still mentions 3x honour gain in zone.

37 minutes ago, Beanlips said:

If you make 3 threads of the same topic, you will end up mixing up things, and it does seem a little spammy. I recommend you to continue posting in the same thread rather ending up making a thread with a similar title 8 hours after

Yeah I didn't mean to get so spammy. No honor gains, just coordinated wpvp battles. Using the forums to organize it all. Time and date, people meet up to fight each other.

I agree with you OP to make World PvP more popular, but I don't think this is the best way of doing it. The best way of doing it IMO would be by removing battlegrounds(highly doubt it would happen) or making a system in which battlegrounds are withheld, released for a certain amount of time and then be withheld again. This way players would spend a lot of time doing outdoor PvP and it would keep us excited as well for when battlegrounds release. 

Battlegrounds and non-open world arenas should have never been implemented into WoW anyways. One of blizzard's biggest mistake was introducing them and then making it worse by implementing ranking systems(rated BGs, etc) to appeal those kind of "competitive" players who in the first place should have been playing a MOBA or an FPS, not an RPG.

I would have liked to see the battlegrounds added to the world as actual zones with increased honour gains, and basically turn them into DaoC style PvP 'lakes'.

Take out the flag capture mechanic, WSG becomes the border area between the Barrens and Ashenvale, 10x honour from kills while inside the zone, go ham. Etc.

TBH, I actually don't have anything against battlegrounds in an MMORPG. It's just the way blizzard implemented them that was bad because it made another aspect of the game(World PvP) obsolete.

Why not just let the honor system patch be released first, then a 2-3 months later release the battleground patch. This would make world pvp the only way to get pvp gear and ranks.

1 hour ago, Zioma said:

Why not just let the honor system patch be released first, then a 2-3 months later release the battleground patch. This would make world pvp the only way to get pvp gear and ranks.

But then after those 2-3 months, world PvP becomes obsolete. I think the idea of releasing BGs periodically on the PvP server instead of having them there available every day is better.

On 05/09/2016 at 1:29 AM, Rhazjel said:

But then after those 2-3 months, world PvP becomes obsolete. I think the idea of releasing BGs periodically on the PvP server instead of having them there available every day is better.

If I had my way I'd create a separate wpvp server and  disable all bgs and raids for good. 

BTW hi all, just another nos refugee arriving at our new home. I'll be the UD mage lighting the biggest fire the alliance has ever seen.

@Darkwinjax

rats are a minor nuisance. It is cockroaches like you on the other hand that are harder to deal with.

Edited by graypube

On 10/2/2016 at 10:01 AM, RonaldoR9 said:

large wpvp can occur without boosts to honor. honor gained from wpvp is nothing compared to what you get from bgs. so people do wpvp for the fun. also an honor boost in the zones is not blizzlike.

I agree 100%. On top of that i'm pretty sure that a pvp guild that does premades or a couple of pvp oriented guilds would simply lock the entire area down and kill everyone, while the guilds on the opposite faction that could be match for them would simply focus on stomping people and farming honor in battlegrounds. I'm not saying that a huge battle would never take place, but for most cases it would just be another gankfest.