Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DeeMarie

Fast n'Furious or Driving Miss Daisy - Levelling

65 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

If you're horde yea :)

I didn't go to zones specifically for farming, I just tried to combine questing and such with it; Desolace is desolate for Alliance :P

Great, so you'll be playing horde like the rest of the cool people? 

Well I always quest there even when alliance. I like it, perhaps because there are few players and close to 0 gankers. Its all for you, or few others to farm, quest.

Planning to hit 60 asap. would love to have a healer to level with since I'll be leveling as a warrior., still undecided as to what faction I want to be. If I find someone that is willing to heal and level at a fast rate I don't mind letting them choose the faction. Dwarf warrior or Tauren warrior are the only two I would play. so hit me up!!

Fast as I can go, all the way to 60. Planning to level my farming toon a little slower, but no reason to slow down too much. Mostly because it'll all seem like a bit of a repeat, since NostPVE Server wasn't that long ago. 

Fast, remapping all my routes between 35-45 as I lost 1½ hours in comparison to joanas video. Alright he was Horde and they have a bit better time during the later part of the 30s but still. Remapped a bit of 20-30 to see if I could squeeze some STM as Alliance but there's only so much room at that spot ^_^

6 hours ago, Soyoen said:

Fast, remapping all my routes between 35-45 as I lost 1½ hours in comparison to joanas video. Alright he was Horde and they have a bit better time during the later part of the 30s but still. Remapped a bit of 20-30 to see if I could squeeze some STM as Alliance but there's only so much room at that spot ^_^

STM? But yeah early 30s there's abundance as Alliance; SS, Desolace, STV, Shimmering, but 35 onwards gets a bit tricky. Alterac, desolace, stv, badlands, maybe some theramore...I still always come up short and end up either grinding or starting pirates too early.

Oh Stonetalon Mountains, I'm an idiot lol

Edited by DeeMarie

1 hour ago, DeeMarie said:

STM? But yeah early 30s there's abundance as Alliance; SS, Desolace, STV, Shimmering, but 35 onwards gets a bit tricky. Alterac, desolace, stv, badlands, maybe some theramore...I still always come up short and end up either grinding or starting pirates too early.

Oh Stonetalon Mountains, I'm an idiot lol

Alliance is a couple of hours faster to 32-34 than Horde, but the moment you hit 35 and onwards there is usually an abundance of quests in Horde favour.

I plan to take my time and enjoy every minute. Making sure to do every dungeon and level my professions on the way up. The amount I plan on playing should end up being fairly fast anyways. 

After going for the slow approach on K2, keeping the professions 'zone updated' throughout the whole process, I would focus more on speed this time. 

However, since I haven't done the Alliance side since 2005, I would take some extra time to enjoy the more interesting chain quests.

Quite slow. I can only play a little less than 20 hours a week max. Sometimes I'll be able to play whenever, but I play at my overnight part time job, outside of that it's trade school and a baby and a high maintenance wife lol.

Plus I'm rolling ally for the first ever in old world content, first ever toon was a gnome mage back in summer 06, got to lvl 12, rerolled troll hunter and didn't play ally again til cata. So this will be a totally new experience for me. 

I probably won't hit 60 til aq is out tbh. 

I plan on taking my sweet time getting my toon to 60, leveling professions along too, completing all quests I can get my hands on...

Gonna smell every single flower on my way :P 

Edited by Kalanemi

I've been refining my Druid leveling route with some 29 twinks on Kronos 2. I remain convinced I'll hit 60 within 7-10 days of the release of the server, though I do a lot of stuff regarded as 'inefficient' for speed leveling. I can't recreate release conditions, but I believe that K2 equals out as about the same, because while there is less competition for mobs, it also takes substantially longer to form instance and elite quest groups.

1 day 7 hours 30 minutes and 55 seconds to hit 29, having completed the elite quests in Loch Modan, Redridge and Wetlands, and done Deadmines, Stockades and Blackfathom Deeps. Also leveled cooking to 146, First Aid to 145, Herbalism 132 and Skinning to 186. At CF release Skinning will be swapped for Enchanting, but the end result time-wise is very similar. I could easily shave another 8-10 hours off my time by skipping all elites, dungeons and profesions.

Eli.jpg

It took me 2 days and about 15 hours to get to 32 the last couple of weeks on Kronos 2. But I didn't do the quests for about a decade. I spend a little more than an hours in the mine in Mulgore looking for the goblin for the quest (he's actually located pretty much near the entrance, I cleared the mine several times). And I also made some terrible decisions when to journey where. So getting to 30 in a lot less than 2 days should be possible for me, even with doing dungeons (had a horrible group in Shadowfang Keep).

Still, if the server launches when I have to work those 2 days /played will be several weeks in real world time.

I'll be taking my time, coupled with bursts of focused questing/grinding  B| 

I want to enjoy the quests, zones, dungeons and interact with people. For instance, I don't mind repeating lower level dungeons for gear drops even though it's considered inefficient. I'm also going to keep the professions up and I have never maxed out fishing/cooking so that will be fun as well. 

I've always enjoyed the levelling aspect of WoW and thus I only play x1. 

With this project being a trip down memory lane for most of us, I advise you to play the game in the way that is the most fun for you, no matter the meta or viability of strategies. 

Take my time. I already did on Nost. I don't rush for "firsts" that no one cares about except the people doing it. Also, unlike them, I'm on a server for the long term. Most people who rushed for "firsts", quit afterwards when they exhausted the available content then didn't want to wait for the next big thing. This is also why rushing is stupid. I'm not in a hurry for the next release when I'm not done farming the current release. When I quit Nost (2 months before shutdown), we weren't even past the 2nd boss in BWL. My guild finally cleared all of BWL (without me), before the shutdown. That was their crowning achievement, I'd say. I regret not staying for it.

I plan to level as fast as possible, which for me means playing around 30 hours/week on average. I expect to reach level cap somewhere between week 3 and week 5 from launch.

On 21. September 2016 at 1:29 AM, MardestyGS said:

Quite slow. I can only play a little less than 20 hours a week max. Sometimes I'll be able to play whenever, but I play at my overnight part time job, outside of that it's trade school and a baby and a high maintenance wife lol.

Plus I'm rolling ally for the first ever in old world content, first ever toon was a gnome mage back in summer 06, got to lvl 12, rerolled troll hunter and didn't play ally again til cata. So this will be a totally new experience for me. 

I probably won't hit 60 til aq is out tbh. 

I dont know what kind of life you live but 20 hours a week is a lot of time in my eyes considering the average working hour in Europe is somewhere around 40.

5 hours ago, Caith said:

I dont know what kind of life you live but 20 hours a week is a lot of time in my eyes considering the average working hour in Europe is somewhere around 40.

i play at work. i do overnight security for 20 hours a week on friday and saturday nights as a part time gig and i go to trade school for 40 hours a week monday through thursday. and when im at home im taking care of a baby. 

before the baby and school i would get home from work and play 4-5 hours a night and then sometimes 8+ hours a day on the weekend. it was basically a way to keep me from going out and wasting money lol. but now i have those fixed hours when i work weekends and the occasional 1 hour or so

I'm hoping to have at least a week off around Launch. I will try to level quickly and get ahead of the curve simply by being online for like 2 days straight. I like to do everything as I level though (all quests, all professions etc.) 

If I absolutely rushed for server first or whatever I'd be burned out and not log in for at least 3 days. 

I look forward to making bank from whichever professions I choose! 

Depends on launch date. Late November/Early December is going to be very busy for me because of college. 

Will I rush? Probably. I do want to read the quests that I haven't read before though. 

I will also look to do elite mob areas; Redridge, Loch Modan etc. 

ill probably do some dungeons as well. Alliance vanilla isn't the same without doing Deadmines!

i can't speed along too fast as a lock becUse I have to journey over to the barrens... 

ive also got all the class quests to complete which send you off on a wild goose chase down many rabbit holes (dungeons). 

So much fun to be had. I'll play as much as possible - my weekend schedule will be 6am -10pm. If it's released over Christmas I'll get a few extra days off :)

A little in between. Done the grind enough times that I've enjoyed it all, but too fast and I will surely burn myself out. I will definitely take the time to find groups for dungeons and elite quests and make friends within the community doing so, but will definitely be min/maxing my quests/time spent in certain zones. If that makes any sense!

11 hours ago, Krimzen said:

A little in between. Done the grind enough times that I've enjoyed it all, but too fast and I will surely burn myself out. I will definitely take the time to find groups for dungeons and elite quests and make friends within the community doing so, but will definitely be min/maxing my quests/time spent in certain zones. If that makes any sense!

It does - that's pretty much the route I'll be taking, too :)