Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DeeMarie

Fast n'Furious or Driving Miss Daisy - Levelling

65 posts in this topic

I don't orient my leveling along the time vector, i.e. I don't have a "fast" and a "slow" mode as goals. I set different ones - like "Do all quests in Barrens", or "be exalted with faction X asap", or "keep profession Y useful for my current level, including drop/vendor recipes".

For example: I generally dislike the chocobo mounts, so when playing a Belf, I will try to max out Org rep (or maybe TB, if I am sick of Org rep quests) before I do anything else. But since I really like the Belf starting zones, I will play through those first. Then I will get on that zep and replay the starting quests for Orcs (or Tauren, depending). Only when those are done will I refocus on leveling - with Org quests getting priority. Or I might first grind Barrens mobs for the Deviate recipe. Or, if playing a priest, I will be focusing on getting all quests for BFDs and do that asap (because of the insane 29 dps wand quest reward).

So, it depends. I generally do not hurry to max level, but neither do I dawdle aimlessly. I set aims I want to get, and then work towards them, but always putting my personal enjoyment before efficiency. For example: I could grind cloth drops for rep, which might well be faster than doing quests at some levels, but I will be doing quests, because grinding usually bores me.

I'm going to try to level my professions while I progress through the zones, never really spend a lot of time on that.

Probably gonna pick Tailoring an Herbalism, pretty easy professions to level, but I never trained fishing/cooking seriously before so i will definitely spend some time leveling those.

I like the low level content but I've also been through it all so many times now, first on retail, then Feenix, then Nost. For once I will take pleasure in power leveling my main.

If I have time for an alt I may slow down for that.

I never rush, when I'm burnt out I just take a break. I go from zone to zone just as the quests lead me and make sure that my professions are on the appropriate level.

For me it really depends most of the time, I like to take my time getting a server first on 12 year old content is pretty meaningless in my eyes so I never tend to get into a huge rush. For me the fun is leveling I enjoy it so yes I do like to stop and smell the flower from time to time. 

For me it really depends on the time i'll have to play when Crestfall releases. If it comes out mid Q2 for example i will have a ton of time play. If it comes out after August i won't have equally as much time.

Basically i want to level two toons simultaneously. With my Warrior i want to experience the whole journey (many different zones, every dungeon with the associatd quests). I also want to level up my professions on the way. It will be backsmithing and Mining though, so let's see how long i will be able to keep up with blacksmithing while leveling :P. The other toon will be a mage which i'm leveling mostly for farming, so it will be more like powerleveling for this one, efficient questing and few to no dungeons.

Yeah. A lot of good people wandered off with the Nost announcement and the massive beta delay.

Hopefully, many start coming back as we ramp up towards release and Elysium continues to mess the bed.

I plan to level with my friends. There's no rush to get ahead of the main curve since PvP is disabled in the higher zones (or rather not enabled) which was always a complete pain in the bum in vanilla.
If I'm online while they're not, I guess I'll just have to focus on professions or fishing to spend the time.

I'm generally just looking forward to the feel of leveling again. It was absolutely amazing on Nostalrius.

Posted (edited)

If I decide to go Alliance (never played alliance above 30), it'll take me ages, because I don't know the quests.

If I go horde, I'll be rushing to get ahead of the pack, levelling in crowded zones is the worst

edit: Previously I'd never consider playing on a PvE server in any game, I must be getting old. Do PVE servers in general have less rogues than PvP servers, from the poll in the forum it looks like it.

Edited by meph

Honestly I just go through one zone at a time, doing every single Q which means I end up with alot of green quests, but at least it means it's easy.

If I'm UD I'll go Tirisfal > Do half of Silverpine then half of Barrens before doing the 2nd half of each. By that point I'm 20'ish and have WC's 6 quests to do. Easy going from there.

I'll wait a month so leveling quests are actually do-able, and then I'll take my time to max level, doing all of the quests as I go. I enjoy the journey.

I plan to hit the ground running and I know the horde side well. Its all I have ever played and had to many max toons on retail that were horde. I have my race and class picked and so does my girlfriend. Although I have more time to level so I plan to try and keep us around the same level. Although it has been a long time since I leveled a priest so could take longer with it being vanilla leveling. Planning to quest and grind as needed.

It will be slowly. Since i raided in retail pretty heavily, i focus more on the 5 man Dungeons while leveling for the old feeling. Although i hope there a many great people out there grouping up and questing together. Endgame goal for me will be hitting BiS for my Priest and Epicmount off course. If i am lucky and get my hands on a raidspot in a non progressed oriented raid, i will do some raiding. Battlegrounds off course but only healing, not caring getting humiliatet. :D

I am not sure leveling Enchanting and Tailoring, so i have to find another way to get my Lesser Magic Wand and Greater Magic Wand.

I always enjoyed the journey in vanilla from 1-60, meeting new people, chatting and so on.

See you on Zul`Dare 9_9