Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

PvE server ranking

36 posts in this topic
54 minutes ago, Knetik said:

I think it will be pretty easy here just due to less PvPers pushing for rankings.

In english: Less premades to dodge, more randoms to stomp.

That's why I will queue for AV only. And I strongly encourage all the other filthy casuals here to do the same, so the rankers actually have to PvP (against other premades) instead of avoiding it (against randoms).

2 hours ago, Knetik said:

I will defintely be pushing ranking at 60 in BGs for sure. I think it will be pretty easy here just due to less PvPers pushing for rankings. World PvP never really helped all that much for rank climbing as honor from BGs was just so much better.

Gonna be busting out my Shockadin once I get my Tier 2 gear.

RP gains are based on the amount of players that participate in PvP and receive a standing each week. With the PvE server probably having a lower player base resulting in longer bg queues (less players willing to do casual bg's) combined with the fact that the natural state of a PvE server allows for alot less random PvP encounters in the world there wont be as many players that does get a standing. This may result in ranking being harder on the PvE realm or at least more tedious. There will likely be less competition in terms of highly skilled premade vs premade since most top PvP'ers will roll PvP realm but I believe that on Nost PvE there was for a long time only room for one player in bracket 1 resulting in that the only way you could obtain r14 was to keep standing 1 for probably at least 3 weeks in a row.

This may or may not happend here but it is a somewhat likely scenario.

Now, you may not be aiming for the uppermost ranks but posting it anyway for people that think PvE realm ranking should be a smooth ride.

I hate retail PvP. 

Vanilla pvp was great though!

im talking battlegrounds. World pvp is just a gankfest. Ie camping/being camped. 

Im going to have a good old time in some BG's!!!

I really want that ironbark staff!

On 9/22/2016 at 9:58 AM, Oratai said:

That way PVP realm on Nostalrius  was horrible because of ganker groups of 2-3 ppl that ganked inside Blackrock and you could lost all of your buffs.

We would always roll together.  You get your buffs together, so why spread out at the last second.

We'd all do a countdown and take the FP at the same time.   GG for any body on the receiving end of this :)   We then wait at the bottom part of TP, and everybody run the pace of how fast the 60% mounts can run.   Don't go ahead on your 100%.   Kill EVERYBODY on the way.  Red = Dead.   People can then zone in w/o losing buffs.

I will try to reach at least rank 5 for the cape and the bracers and also revered with Silverwing for the neck, ring, bow and sword. All those items are really nice items for a leveling warrior and I can upgrade them every 10 levels. I aim to reach this goal as soon as possible. Although I don't know how hard it really is becoming Revered amongst Silverwind Sentinels at level 19. Does anybody of you know whether this is feasible at all? I wonder whether the same would be possible with League of the Arathor. But I guess that BG will hardly open for low level players.

Edited by fruitsalad

Blizz screwed up by not making WPVP same-level only (or within 2-3 levels). They also screwed up by permitting twinking. And the biggest screwup of all was honor points. When you give micropenises a way to keep score in PvP as compensation for their genital deficiencies, you pretty much guarantee a morally bankrupt level of competition for the high score, instead of WPVP for the benefit of your faction, the vulnerable commoners within your side of society, matters of true honor and (of course) enjoyable RPPVP.

But the biggest mistake Blizz made was permitting players under age 26 to WPVP at all. The developmental sociopathy discovered through research in psychology extends only through the teen years in most people, but extends to at least age 25 among gamers, especially male gamers.

8 minutes ago, quentinv said:

Blizz screwed up by not making WPVP same-level only (or within 2-3 levels). They also screwed up by permitting twinking. And the biggest screwup of all was honor points. When you give micropenises a way to keep score in PvP as compensation for their genital deficiencies, you pretty much guarantee a morally bankrupt level of competition for the high score, instead of WPVP for the benefit of your faction, the vulnerable commoners within your side of society, matters of true honor and (of course) enjoyable RPPVP.

But the biggest mistake Blizz made was permitting players under age 26 to WPVP at all. The developmental sociopathy discovered through research in psychology extends only through the teen years in most people, but extends to at least age 25 among gamers, especially male gamers.

This is comical

I'd like to see if possible proxy servers be available , so everyone is on a lvl playing field. eg . Retail WoW has the problem where there is a ms difference from USA and Australian players on the same server.

Australian players usually get screwed due to bad ms when wanting to play with players from other countries

How is it going to be harder? if honor releases w/o BG's then just run TM-SS raids, it's not like ganking ToO's would give you that much honor; especially if they are doing the DR on kills correctly.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:21 PM, quentinv said:

My my, aren't we angry, who touched you where you were a wee lil kid? 

World PVP worked fine on PVE realms, we just did structured raids, ganking wasn't even that bad on retail either (had alts in Vanilla on a PVP server, and played PVP through BC/WOTLK).

Claiming that everyone who grinded to rank 14 is a micropenis is just laughable, there was nothing really wrong with the honor and reward system during vanilla; the outcast/dishonorable kills system Blizzard played with didn't work on large scales and was too open to abuse (like level 10 suicide quads jumping into the fray).

Yes at the upper levels it was a bit sucky that a level 60 could kill a level 48 and get honor but a level 48 still could hit a level 60 before Blizzard introduced PVP stats in TBC.

Overall the BG and Honor system was pretty well done, AV was very fun at first before people figured out the shortcuts and 2-5 day AV's were done in <2 hours once people figured out they could just rush the leaders.

No one did quests anymore, no one summoned world bosses no one took objectives  you just took 1-2 GY's and rush.

Hopefully with tuning raids CF might also tune AV to be more resilient to "optimization" by the populous since after 13 years every trick in the book is known and then some.

Edited by DOGBERT

I am like most others here. Looking forward to PVP in BG's and not world PVP i just prefer being able to fight on my own terms and not get jumped by 3 people in the world.

I haven't fulled decided on the PvP part. It will depend what my schedule in life is like and in game is like. I might do some on the weekends during pvp weekends except wsg. I hate wsg, but AV and AB though all day. I will probably just get ranks as I can and time permits. I am not looking to really hit r14.